PDA

View Full Version : How disappointing has our front four been?

NYG 5
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
After great, CONSISTENT performances in 2007, the 2008 line was supposed to be the greatest since the 2002 Bucs. With Canty and Bernard bolstering a somewhat weaker interior line, for a time, it was good. But late in the season, and especially the playoff debacle, the dline started to give opposing QBs all day, and it really started rearing its ugly head in 2009.

Sure, they've had a few monster games, like the Jay Cutler beatdown last year, and they put some hits on Rodgers last week. But it has mostly been Linval and JPP carrying the defense. Osi, Tuck, Canty, and Bernard have all been consistently weak, those guys never make the big clutch plays on a defense that rarely makes them.

I just feel like we have a ton of Kenny Holmes and Willy Joes eating a ton of cap space and playing time on the team, and JR is going to need to pull off some shrewd management this offseason. Maybe he could ship some dead weight to Oakland for some decent picks, like the Pats always do? Because undrafted guys and 2nd year guys are outshining the crap out of Osi and Tuck.

Itlan
12-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Canty and Bernard weren't signed until 2009.

'08 was still Robbins/Coefield duo. Osi was gone for the year.

MikeIsaGiant
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Very disappointing, got to give them a "C"

If it wasn't for JPP, I'd have given them a damn F

miked1958
12-09-2011, 10:42 PM

If it wasn't for JPP, I'd have given them a damn F to bad Marvin Austin was not able to contribute this year

ingoodshape
12-10-2011, 10:29 PM
front 4 stinks . but trade Eli Manning , you must surly be a ****in idiot !

slipknottin
12-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Osi has 7 sacks in 8 games... Not sure how you can fault him.

T-Murda84
12-11-2011, 03:22 AM
I been critical of Osi in the past. But this season hes been very good, give the man credit....hes playing well despite injuries and Jerry Reese lying to him.

Justin Tuck, Chris Canty, and Bernard has been disappointments. If it wasnt for Cantys huge contract we probably would still have Cofield. Tuck has not been good at all, If it wasnt for Tuck's past accomplishments, Dave Tollefson would be starting over him or even Kiwi.I think Tuck did step up against GB but thats it.

jhamburg
12-11-2011, 04:19 AM
27 1/2 D-line sacks this season and that's what you complain about? C'MON MAN

jhamburg
12-11-2011, 04:22 AM

If it wasn't for JPP, I'd have given them a damn F

Ok. Which D-line in the NFL would you like to trade ours for?

nycsportzfan
12-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Osi has 7 sacks in 8 games... Not sure how you can fault him.Because outside of those 7sacks Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again Exactly the Reason i would of traded him for a 2nd rounder in the offseason because hes all ready shown he can't get through 2full seasons in a row without getting hurt and being productive and after what his career has shown us as far as just that He'll be another yr older wanting that big contract Osi is way inconsistent by not just his limitations as far as overall play(being 1dimensional) but also by being injured basically every other season and hes certainly been a dissapointment this yr and Kudos for Reese not giving him a Big contract in the offseason! All though in my opinion it would of and should of been a easy decison

nycsportzfan
12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I been critical of Osi in the past. But this season hes been very good, give the man credit....hes playing well despite injuries and Jerry Reese lying to him.

Justin Tuck, Chris Canty, and Bernard has been disappointments. If it wasnt for Cantys huge contract we probably would still have Cofield. Tuck has not been good at all, If it wasnt for Tuck's past accomplishments, Dave Tollefson would be starting over him or even Kiwi.I think Tuck did step up against GB but thats it. His play this yr has been super inconsistent He does nothing in the Tackling Dept as hes not had more then 3tackles in any game and in the 8games hes played he had 6sacks in his first 4games and 1sack in his last 4games! So hes litterally done zip in 4games and done well in 4games Pretty inconsistent to me! Our pass rush was better early on in the season but has totally stunk down the stretch and done absoulutley nothing at all for us in this critical stretch of games which is easily the stretch of games that would be looked at as the Group of games that kept us outta the postseason if we were not to make it Its been a tale of 2 halves for the Dline this season with the first half they looked good and the 2nd half to this point downright dreadful!

slipknottin
12-11-2011, 04:20 PM
]Because outside of those 7sacks** Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again***

You need to watch more closely. Osi has been the BEST pass rusher this year again. He gets to the QB more hits/hurries/sacks per rush than anyone else on the roster.

elifan10
12-11-2011, 04:33 PM
]Because outside of those 7sacks Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again You need to watch more closely. Osi has been the BEST pass rusher this year again. He gets to the QB more hits/hurries/sacks per rush than anyone else on the roster.</P>

Stop acting like you know everything about the giants. If you think Osi is good your crazy. You were one of the people that defended Fewell and look at him hes pathetic.</P>

slipknottin
12-11-2011, 04:38 PM
]Because outside of those 7sacks** Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again*** You need to watch more closely. Osi has been the BEST pass rusher this year again. He gets to the QB more hits/hurries/sacks per rush than anyone else on the roster.</P>

Stop acting like you know everything about the giants. If you think Osi is good your crazy. You were one of the people that defended Fewell and look at him hes pathetic.</P>

Osi is the most productive pass rusher on the team. /end of discussion

jhamburg
12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
]Because outside of those 7sacks** Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again*** You need to watch more closely. Osi has been the BEST pass rusher this year again. He gets to the QB more hits/hurries/sacks per rush than anyone else on the roster.</P>

Osi is the most productive pass rusher on the team. /end of discussion

I think Osi is vastly underrated by this board but I don't agree with him being the best pass rusher this season over JPP. Not unless you don't consider tipped passes for some reason...

Gianthunter
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
]Because outside of those 7sacks Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again You need to watch more closely. Osi has been the BEST pass rusher this year again. He gets to the QB more hits/hurries/sacks per rush than anyone else on the roster.Imagine how much better he would be. If he didn't run to the other teams endzone everyother play. His spawning salmon routine is getting very old now.

Kase-1
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
]Because outside of those 7sacks Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again You need to watch more closely. Osi has been the BEST pass rusher this year again. He gets to the QB more hits/hurries/sacks per rush than anyone else on the roster.</p>

Stop acting like you know everything about the giants. If you think Osi is good your crazy. You were one of the people that defended Fewell and look at him hes pathetic.</p>

Osi is the most productive pass rusher on the team. /end of discussionMinus our rookie DE Mr. Haitian Sensation Jason Pierre Paul

You down with JPP???

YEA YOU KNOW ME!!!!!

Joe Morrison
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Osi has 7 sacks in 8 games... Not sure how you can fault him.Because outside of those 7sacks Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again Exactly the Reason i would of traded him for a 2nd rounder in the offseason because hes all ready shown he can't get through 2full seasons in a row without getting hurt and being productive and after what his career has shown us as far as just that He'll be another yr older wanting that big contract Osi is way inconsistent by not just his limitations as far as overall play(being 1dimensional) but also by being injured basically every other season and hes certainly been a dissapointment this yr and Kudos for Reese not giving him a Big contract in the offseason! All though in my opinion it would of and should of been a easy decison
</P>

7 Sacks and 2 Forced Fumblesin 4 games, he needs to get on the field.</P>