PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Ball revised post Rivers

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Not much has changed from the original post but rivers and other signings have put a different look on some picks.

Round 1 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame - I am not to excited about Horton or Brown. I do like Sash! Still, we are one injury away - to Phillips or Rolle - from being in deep caca at the Safety spot. Harrison nailed the combine and is the # 2 Safety behind Barron ( who I'd rather have ). Safety depth in the draft is shallow!
Round 2 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse Osi's replacement next year if not this year.
Round 3 Robert Turbin RB Utah State saw him vs Auburn first game last college season. He ran over, through, around and away from Auburn defenders all day. Bradshaw has hip marrow injected into his ever injured foot. Jacobs is gone, Brown is suspended and Scott has his limitations and question marks - we need a guy like Turbin.
4A Mike Martin DT Michigan I would think Joseph, Canty, Austin and Martin would make a nice rotation.Martin is a bad a.
4B Phillip Baker C Baylor Solid Center for future. Bass plays hard, gets hurt. Booth has his faults at the center spot and should compete at LG I like this center.

Round 6 Jordan White WR Western Michigan Pro ready route running wise great hands good size and fast enough. More productive at Western than Greg Jennings. We have Jernigan planned for the slot. If he fails Cruz could be an option there. But I see Jernigan panning out. We need a WR to spell Nicks when he goes down or if Cruz gets hurt or goes to the slot.

Round 7 Brad Smelley TE Alabama Ballard type maybe even better receiver. Bennett, Pascoe then Hopkins or Smelley maybe Ballard if he heals I think Beckum is history.

paul007
04-12-2012, 12:54 AM
very interesting. I like rounds 1, 3 and 4.
I doubt Jones is on the board for us in round 2 if we stay at pick #64?

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah Jones is questionable there. I agree.

slipknottin
04-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks

tonyt830
04-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Not much has changed from the original post but rivers and other signings have put a different look on some picks.

Round 1 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame - I am not to excited about Horton or Brown. I do like Sash! Still, we are one injury away - to Phillips or Rolle - from being in deep caca at the Safety spot. Harrison nailed the combine and is the # 2 Safety behind Barron ( who I'd rather have ). Safety depth in the draft is shallow!
Round 2 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse Osi's replacement next year if not this year.
Round 3 Robert Turbin RB Utah State saw him vs Auburn first game last college season. He ran over, through, around and away from Auburn defenders all day. Bradshaw has hip marrow injected into his ever injured foot. Jacobs is gone, Brown is suspended and Scott has his limitations and question marks - we need a guy like Turbin.
4A Mike Martin DT Michigan I would think Joseph, Canty, Austin and Martin would make a nice rotation.Martin is a bad a.
4B Phillip Baker C Baylor Solid Center for future. Bass plays hard, gets hurt. Booth has his faults at the center spot and should compete at LG I like this center.

Round 6 Jordan White WR Western Michigan Pro ready route running wise great hands good size and fast enough. More productive at Western than Greg Jennings. We have Jernigan planned for the slot. If he fails Cruz could be an option there. But I see Jernigan panning out. We need a WR to spell Nicks when he goes down or if Cruz gets hurt or goes to the slot.

Round 7 Brad Smelley TE Alabama Ballard type maybe even better receiver. Bennett, Pascoe then Hopkins or Smelley maybe Ballard if he heals I think Beckum is history.I too like the Turbin, and 4th rd picks. Like others said, don't know if Chandler Jones will be there at 64. He may go in the late 1st or early 2nd, but who knows. I would take Harrison Smith in the 2nd if he was there. I too would not mind Barron at 32.

GMENAGAIN
04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
No way that we take Harrisson Smith in the first

Roswell777
04-12-2012, 08:46 AM
We need a center, a left tackle and a "Sproles" type back. We can get by at other positions with what we now have and can draft for depth.

lawl
04-12-2012, 09:17 AM
I would venture to say that there is exactly 0% chance Harrison Smith gets drafted by us in the 1st round,

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks

Then your very behind in his evaluation. One mock has him going 31 to the Patriots. We all have opinions, some on target more than others.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I would venture to say that there is exactly 0% chance Harrison Smith gets drafted by us in the 1st round,

I tried to explain my reasoning. Maybe you feel we are solid at that position or the draft is deeper at safety than the so called experts are saying. To say we have zero interest in a big fast hard hitting safety that went from a 3rd round prospect before the combine to rated late 1 to mid 2 now, is a bit closed minded. But that's ok you obviously know little about Harrison. To have the second rated safety go at 32 in a draft weak at Safety depth to a team that is one injury away from being in trouble at the position is not that far fetched.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree Chandler is a stretch at 64 . Not sure he goes in 1 but b4 64 very possible. He could drop unexpectedly like some do every year. As I have said b4 your mock is my favorite outside of my own. Worthy is a great possibility and Schwartz and Davis will make a statement one day.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree Chandler is a stretch at 64 . Not sure he goes in 1 but b4 64 very possible. He could drop unexpectedly like some do every year. As I have said b4 your mock is my favorite outside of my own. Worthy is a great possibility and Schwartz and Davis will make a statement one day.
Oops that was supposed to be attached to tonyt830. Love The Childs pick also.

buffyblue
04-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Normally Harrison Smith wouldn't go in the 1st round but this draft is way shallow at Safety. I don't think New England Patriots are going to draft him. It will be interesting to see if we take him if he is available. I do not want to use a 1st round pick on him bit we don't have much depth at the position.

GMENAGAIN
04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks Then your very behind in his evaluation. One mock has him going 31 to the Patriots. We all have opinions, some on target more than others.</P>

There are approximately 400 million mock drafts currently on the internet and one has him going to the Pats at 31, so that means that we should pick him at 32????</P>

Shrewd . . . . . . .</P>

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Normally Harrison Smith wouldn't go in the 1st round but this draft is way shallow at Safety. I don't think New England Patriots are going to draft him. It will be interesting to see if we take him if he is available. I do not want to use a 1st round pick on him bit we don't have much depth at the position.
That's pretty much my line of thinking. I'm just predicting who we may target because of need and how much of it is avaiable in the draft not just who I want.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks Then your very behind in his evaluation. One mock has him going 31 to the Patriots. We all have opinions, some on target more than others.</P>

There are approximately 400 million mock drafts currently on the internet and one has him going to the Pats at 31, so that means that we should pick him at 32????</P>

Shrewd . . . . . . .</P>
Um if that's what you got out of that your an idiot! 400 million ay?

GMENAGAIN
04-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Shrewd . . . . . . .</P>

Um if that's what you got out of that your an idiot! 400 million ay?</P>

I think that for any knowledgeable football person who reads this thread, the identity of the "idiot" will be self-evident . . . . . </P>

critters
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks Then your very behind in his evaluation. One mock has him going 31 to the Patriots. We all have opinions, some on target more than others.</p>

There are approximately 400 million mock drafts currently on the internet and one has him going to the Pats at 31, so that means that we should pick him at 32????</p>

Shrewd . . . . . . .</p>

Um if that's what you got out of that your an idiot! 400 million ay?</p>

I think that for any knowledgeable football person who reads this thread, the identity of the "idiot" will be self-evident . . . . . </p>

I tend to think anyone that say's YOUR an idiot... comes off looking a bit like an idiot.

Seducer
04-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Shrewd . . . . . . .</P>

I think that for any knowledgeable football person who reads this thread, the identity of the "idiot" will be self-evident . . . . . </P>

I tend to think anyone that say's YOUR an idiot... comes off looking a bit like an idiot.
</P>

It always makes me laugh. Honestly, I see "your an idiot" far more than I see it done correctly. </P>

Roswell777
04-12-2012, 02:14 PM

Shrewd . . . . . . .</P>

</P>

It always makes me laugh.* Honestly, I see "your an idiot" far more than I see it done correctly.* </P>

Problem is, it will be lost on the person you are addressing.

What we have here is a no win situation. Or for the trekkies out there, a Kobayashi Maru.

slipknottin
04-12-2012, 03:58 PM
If you are using mock drafts as to a guide where players are drafted... Well....

Harrison Smith is not a first round talent, hes a borderline second round talent.

When have the giants ever reached on a player in the first couple rounds?

There are far better players at 32 than Smith.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 04:47 PM
If you are using mock drafts as to a guide where players are drafted... Well....

Harrison Smith is not a first round talent, hes a borderline second round talent.

Walter Football has him rated round 1 - 2
Mayock has him rated late 1 - 2
Deion Sanders stated at the combine on TV he thought Smith's combine performance should of pushed him into the bottom of round 1. Where at 32 Last rime I checked.
I realize you have more knowledge than them but I'll stick with people who do it for a living.

slipknottin
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Deion Sanders stated at the combine on TV he thought Smith's combine performance should of pushed him into the bottom of round 1. Where at 32 Last rime I checked.
I realize you have more knowledge than them but I'll stick with people who do it for a living.

First off, walter football is just a website run by a fan.
Mayock also is the ND guy, so who knows if he favors their players, but i question how objective he is with those guys.
As for Deion Sanders, since when was he a great draft guy?

I can name plenty of people that do this for a living too, and dont think he is close to being a first round prospect.

Weakness at the position doesnt make guys move up the boards, either.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM

Ok here you go Todd McShay 6 hours ago- one of the Patriots FIRST Round options could be fast rising Harrison Smith. Don't make me do your homework for you! I suppose you have a problem with McShay also;)! Google some recent info on the guy. Late 2nd -3rd round projection was a while back . Catch up!;)

First off, walter football is just a website run by a fan.
Mayock also is the ND guy, so who knows if he favors their players, but i question how objective he is with those guys.
As for Deion Sanders, since when was he a great draft guy?

I can name plenty of people that do this for a living too, and dont think he is close to being a first round prospect.

Weakness at the position doesnt make guys move up the boards, either.

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok slipknottin -6 hours ago Todd McShay "the Patriots could take fast rising Harrison Smith with one of their FIRST round picks" I suppose you have a problem with McShay?;) don't make me do your homework for you son!;) Google some current info! The borderline 2nd round evaluation is old news. Catch up!;)

gmen0820
04-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Todd McShay There goes your credibility.

slipknottin
04-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok slipknottin -6 hours ago Todd McShay "the Patriots could take fast rising Harrison Smith with one of their FIRST round picks" I suppose you have a problem with McShay?;) don't make me do your homework for you son!;) Google some current info! The borderline 2nd round evaluation is old news. Catch up!;)

Its not "old news" It completely depends on who you listen to.

Just like Mayock says he wouldnt draft Coples in the first two rounds. Does that mean Coples wont be drafted until the 3rd?

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM
In regard to your negative view on Deion-your right, he probably knows little about a defensive back position. He's employed by the NFL Network to make uneducated statements and analysis .. Silly me. ;)!

slipknottin
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
In regard to your negative view on Deion-your right, he probably knows little about a defensive back position.

I never said he didnt. But that doesnt mean hes a great talent evaluator, nor does that mean he is good at anticipating what front offices are going to do.

Deion is a better coach than GM...

Shockeystays08
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
We will see what happens I guess. I see other options for us at 32. I also like Worthy. DT seems deeper than safety in the draft, that's why I see Reese considering what would be a short reach at 32. Harrison will be gone by 64 but some decent DT DE should be there. Ok I'm done on this subject. One more thing, I like Turbin Round 3 but wouldn't die if we took Martin at 32. RB should be a concern!

tonyt830
04-12-2012, 10:18 PM
We will see what happens I guess. I see other options for us at 32. I also like Worthy. DT seems deeper than safety in the draft, that's why I see Reese considering what would be a short reach at 32. Harrison will be gone by 64 but some decent DT DE should be there. Ok I'm done on this subject. One more thing, I like Turbin Round 3 but wouldn't die if we took Martin at 32. RB should be a concern!The draft can bring surprises one way or the other each and every year, some guys go earlier than expected and other drop further than expected. So no matter what posters say on here, they are not in any of the GMs head and do not know what they are thinking or what that GMs big board looks like.</P>

</P>

You mention Worthy, I like him at 32 if he is sitting there, as you can see in my "amateur" mock. But I could also see a team like Denver going after Worthy before we pick. But I would not be upset if the Giants took Still at DT either. I personally like Fletcher Cox, but he too could be gone by 32. </P>

</P>

I would not mind Turbin in the 3rd rd when we select. And I also like Martin, maybe at 32, if Reese feels he is the BPA at that point.</P>

Shockeystays08
04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Your are right, predicting the draft is a crapshoot when your at 32. It will be interesting to see how it all pan's out with who falls ( to us)! Or who goes higher than expected ( Harrison Smith?;) just kidding - that was an unpopular stab at our first round pick. I'd be pretty happy with Worthy but Denver would be a good fit. Cox could be another good one . Still I am not sold on. At the combine several of the folks there said he was full of potential and talent but was invisible in to many games he should of dominated. One said it was almost like he wasn't on the field. That's not a good thing. I feel he'd be a risk. I have a funny feeling we will take RB Martin. That is one position we have't addressed in FA that is a big question mark for us. It may warrant the 32 pick.