PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys hope to confuse Giants' Eli Manning on Sunday, Rob Ryan says..

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/cowboys_hope_to_confuse_giants.html

Few defenses have been able to befuddle Giants quarterback Eli Manning this season. The quarterback is fourth in the NFL in passing yards (3,705), fifth in touchdowns (23) and sixth in passer rating (96.0), which adds up to arguably the best season of his eight-year career.

Rob Ryan, the outspoken Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator, told reporters in Dallas that his defense’s goal is to confuse quarterbacks and “make them play left-handed.”

And he thinks Dallas is going to be able to do that against Manning on Sunday night. Exactly how remains a question.

“We’re going to find out Sunday night because we’re going to do it,” Ryan said.

Whether Ryan will have linebacker and sackmaster DeMarcus Ware to aid in Manning’s befuddlement is up in the air.

Ware, the NFL’s sack leader with 15, is still dealing with the effects of a stinger he suffered in the Cowboys’ loss to the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------
The Ryan's sure do love to run their mouth, I cannot wait to see Eli carve that weak secondary up!!!

miked1958
12-09-2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/cowboys_hope_to_confuse_giants.html

Few defenses have been able to befuddle Giants quarterback Eli Manning this season. The quarterback is fourth in the NFL in passing yards (3,705), fifth in touchdowns (23) and sixth in passer rating (96.0), which adds up to arguably the best season of his eight-year career.

Rob Ryan, the outspoken Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator, told reporters in Dallas that his defense’s goal is to confuse quarterbacks and “make them play left-handed.”

And he thinks Dallas is going to be able to do that against Manning on Sunday night. Exactly how remains a question.

“We’re going to find out Sunday night because we’re going to do it,” Ryan said.

Whether Ryan will have linebacker and sackmaster DeMarcus Ware to aid in Manning’s befuddlement is up in the air.

Ware, the NFL’s sack leader with 15, is still dealing with the effects of a stinger he suffered in the Cowboys’ loss to the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday
Hope eli lights them up four 4TD passes and 450 yards with no turnovers. that will shut Ryan up

--------------------------------------------------------------
The Ryan's sure do love to run their mouth, I cannot wait to see Eli carve that weak secondary up!!!

FlyingTruck
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I think Eli is going to **** on them.

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Here's some in depth analysis I put together about how to deal with the Dallas defense and the concerns the Giants need to have:</P>

The biggest concern for me actually is the fact that without question this will be the best defense they've faced this year save for the 49ers. With the Giants struggles on defense, they need the offense to put up points, this is not an easy defense to play against. Rob Ryan has for the most part done a solid job with this group all season long. I'm not a big stats guy but here's a brekadown:</P>

<U>Defensive rankings Dallas Cowboys</U>:</P>

Yards/game: 11th</P>

Points/game: 10th</P>

TD's against: Only 23 (Giants have given up 33)</P>

Pass Defense Yards/game: 14th</P>

Pass TD's Against: 12th</P>

Sacks: 2nd only to Baltimore for the most</P>

Plays over 40 Yards Passing: 4th fewest</P>

Int's: 11th most</P>

Rush Defense Yards/rush: 9th 4.2/carry</P>

Rush Defense Yards/game: 9th 100.5</P>

Rushing TD's: tied for 8th w/ 3 other teams which is behind 4 teams tied for 4th (only 7 given up, one behind 4th which is 6 given up)</P>

Longest run against: 11th, just one for 40 yards</P>

20 Yard Runs against: 5th least</P>

Penalties against &amp; Penalty Yards against (was a big issue for their defense in the past, not any more): 3rd, 1st lowest respectively</P>

Time of Possession against 13th</P>

Fumbles Forced: 11th with 16 but only have recovered 8 of them which is 22nd.</P>

<U>Most Exploitable</U>:</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Plays over 20 Yards Passing: 20th with 40 such plays given up:</FONT> Ballard, Cruz, Nicks, Mario and even Barden must exploit this at opportune times by working that 20 - 40 yard area of the field like they have done so well all year</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Yards/play: 16th at 5.5/play: <FONT color=#000000>Eli must be patient and work the underneath area with checkdowns to the backs &amp; the TE's and then take his shots in that aforementined 20-40 yard range. The backs need to average around that 4.2/carry Dallas gives up when it is a running play.</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Opposing Completion Percentage: 19th:</FONT> It is given that Eli always needs to be sharp but he must maintain focus and be accurate and true with his throws which he most certainly has been more than not this season. Dallas seems to allow you to catch it but they must be limiting the YAC. We get some YAC from the guys catching the ball it will be a huge bonus as it always is.</P>

I'll also mention that if we can coerce some bad penalties by playing firey and aggressive on offense and punching the defense in the mouth by being physical it's a bonus as Dallas just doesn't do the bad defensive penalty this season. Props to Rob Ryan for fixing what was a glaring issue but at the end of the day they still have several boneheaded, prima donna, smallish, unphysical softies on that side of the ball as in past seasons (can you say the lingering stench of Wade Phillips? lol) so this would be the time to coax that old undiscplined play out of them by frustrating them with physical offense.</P>

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Maybe they'll confuse Eli by covering Cruz.

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 11:22 PM
</P>

The Eagles tried that with twoDB's in their first meeting and one of them was Nhamdi, as did Seattle, didn't matter.</P>

</P>

<U><FONT color=#0066cc>http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=IowMeRDTUjU</FONT></U></P>

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?cat=siterestrict&amp;fr2=fct&amp;norw=1&amp;tmpl=V116&amp;tnr =21&amp;p=victor+cruz+highlights+site%3Anfl.com&amp;vid=12 90727720422&amp;dt=1316934000&amp;l=50&amp;turl=http%3A%2F%2Ft s3.mm.bing.net%2Fvideos%2Fthumbnail.aspx%3Fq%3D129 0727720422%26id%3D6b89f7994e08eeed4f2a333637018d67 %26bid%3D9hMfTUvP2%252f7WqA%26bn%3DThumb%26url%3Dh ttp%253a%252f%252fwww.nfl.com%252fvideos%252fnfl-game-highlights%252f09000d5d8228ac70%252fCruz-finds-end-zone-again-on-28-yard-&amp;rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F09000d5d8228ac70%2FCruz-finds-end-zone-again-on-28-yard-TD&amp;tit=Cruz+finds+end+zone+again+on+28-yard+TD&amp;sigr=1361rgcoj&amp;newfp=1</P>

plc
12-09-2011, 11:42 PM
rexy and rob are the same.They run these mickey mouse defenses.They get away with it like the old man buddy for a little while but realNFL coaches eventually figure it out and then it is over for the ryan's and their schemes.</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-09-2011, 11:43 PM

And what about Nicks....

then what about Mario....

Then what about Ballard....

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 11:44 PM
And what about Nicks.... then what about Mario.... Then what about Ballard....</P>

And don't sleep on Beckhum, Barden and the RB's underneath especially with Bradshaw.</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE

But cowboys in all honesty, who do you think will be covering Cruz...?

Do you think Rob will double team cruz or nicks?

Spytheweb

Then who's going to cover Nicks?

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 11:49 PM
rexy and rob are the same.They run these mickey mouse defenses.They get away with it like the old man buddy for a little while but realNFL coaches eventually figure it out and then it is over for the ryan's and their schemes.</P>

</P>

Rex and Robare a little more advanced than what Buddy used to run. Eventually what happens to all versions of it (and I've seen them all close-up and personal believe me), is teams figure out how to run the ball effectively. There are several examples of this over the years. Look what the Giants did to the Ravens under Rex in 2008. 200+ yards rushing? Unheard of! Jets aren't as stout against it this year either. Look what the Raiders did and the Broncos too.</P>

GCGiant
12-10-2011, 08:06 AM

Then who's going to cover Nicks?
</P>

No...who's on 1st.</P>

miked1958
12-10-2011, 11:30 AM
On cowboys boards they are most concerned with Cruz

miked1958
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Ryan will be the one confused after he lights up his defense for 459 and 4 TDs with no turnovers

Joe Morrison
12-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Eli will be prepared for everything Dallas has to offer.</P>

Our defense needs to get in sync, with the d = line it appeared that Williams the mlb had a # of opportunities to shoot the gap but chose to go around instead of up the middle, he needs to get in Romo's face early.</P>

BParcells777
12-10-2011, 12:21 PM
This is getting more and more and more Bizarre and just plain Weird

1st Ware and their DB come out complaining Jacobs is a Bully, and they Hate playing the Giants- WTF!!!!

Now Ryan's Hillbilly brother is going to confuse the most prepared, weapon laden QB in the league??

Only Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are in Eli's class

Ware has a stinger and we all know what that did to Tuck

I think these guys a scared very very very scared, and for good reason

With this mind set, if we go 10 points up on them they may implode, and stop trying like we did against the Saints and the game will be a blow out

I'll throw this in as a WildCard- Vinny DiTrani is picking the Giants and he is always right when he picks against us.....it drives me nuts.....lets see if he can reverse his magic

SIMMS5611
12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Rob Ryan is confused because he doesn't realize it's 2011, and he looks like he should be playing bass with the Doobie Brothers in 1978 with that ridiculous hairstyle.

NYSPORTS
12-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Hoping Fewell doesn't confuse us more.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-10-2011, 12:35 PM
thats awesome

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-10-2011, 12:35 PM
thats awesome

scf424
12-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I hope Eli does well. I've got him, AB, Cruz and Ballard on my fantasy team. First week of the playoffs.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-10-2011, 01:11 PM
</p>

The Eagles tried that with twoDB's in their first meeting and one of them was Nhamdi, as did Seattle, didn't matter.</p>

</p>

It was more sarcasm than anything, since the Cowboys' secondary rarely seems to cover receivers that need to be covered.
</p>

krygny
12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I think Eli is going to **** on them.
Yeah, I can only hope that Ryan tries to get cute and clever with Eli. Eli will have all his offensive weapons available and he will destroy the Dallas D. It may work on a few plays here and there but D-coordinators have been trying to throw different looks at Eli for years. That's how you deal with smart veteran QBs like the Mannings, Brady, Brees, etc. They are rarely fooled. I Think Eli is one of the best at picking up on different looks; maybe even better than Peyton.

Ryan is basically saying "Our secondary can't stay with the Giants passing attack so we'll have to throw in a lot of stunts and take some risks."

GFL

Rusty192
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM
On cowboys boards they are most concerned with Cruzlol then watch as Nicks torches their arse.

How soon everyone forgets that Nicks is constantly being doubled evry game. Allowing Cruz to wreak havoc.

Sundown
12-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Whenever someone goes from the norm and tries to get "cute" they usually fail. Rob is setting up his D for mass failure.

FDNY Fitzy
12-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Considering Rob Ryan's IQ is roughly half that of Eli's I find the fact that he thinks he is going to "confuse" Eli is kind of adorable.

Sarcasman
12-10-2011, 03:25 PM

LOL!

giantsforce
12-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Hoping Fewell doesn't confuse us more.That's one thing that is certain come Sunday. fewell will confuse everyone with his 3 man rushes.

buddy33
12-10-2011, 10:27 PM
As much as I believe the run is important to help the passing game, the Giants do not run the ball very well and they need to keep someone in to chip Ware.

G-Men Surg.
12-10-2011, 11:52 PM
As much as I believe the run is important to help the passing game, the Giants do not run the ball very well and they need to keep someone in to chip Ware.

I see a lot of screens and short passing game out of those chips back there too.

Star4Ever
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM

1st Ware and their DB come out complaining Jacobs is a Bully, and they Hate playing the Giants- WTF!!!!

Now Ryan's Hillbilly brother is going to confuse the most prepared, weapon laden QB in the league??

With this mind set, if we go 10 points up on them they may implode, and stop trying like we did against the Saints and the game will be a blow out

I'll throw this in as a WildCard- Vinny DiTrani is picking the Giants and he is always right when he picks against us.....it drives me nuts.....lets see if he can reverse his magic

You've lost 4 in a row. I'm sure the Boys are scared.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-11-2011, 01:22 AM

You've lost 4 in a row. I'm sure the Boys are scared.</P>

No they should be scared because they have lost 5 out of the last 7 games we have played eachother. Should also be scared that we put Romo on IR. Also should be scared that Eli is playing lights out and that your secondary is garbage. </P>

Rusty192
12-11-2011, 01:23 AM

You've lost 4 in a row. I'm sure the Boys are scared.thems fightin' words!

Actually if a division opponent that lost four in a row had to play me, I'd be scared too.

fightngiant
12-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Man I hope for one time this year that the offense scores early and often and puts the game away.
Tired of the fourth quarter riding on eli's shoulder. Lets score on offense and have our D hold them to fgs at least!

Dont want to play from behind in dallas!

Sundown
12-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Had to bump this hahaha

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Man I hope for one time this year that the offense scores early and often and puts the game away.
Tired of the fourth quarter riding on eli's shoulder. Lets score on offense and have our D hold them to fgs at least!

Dont want to play from behind in dallas!

</P>

Or how about exactly the opposite ;)</P>

Rusty192
12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Had to bump this hahahaOh he confused Eli all right lol

Confused him into wondering why it was so easy to rip his defense apart.

Sundown
12-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Had to bump this hahahaOh he confused Eli all right lol

Confused him into wondering why it was so easy to rip his defense apart.

Haha