PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Goff worked out for skins on Thursday

rxc999
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Russellmania980/statuses/190818494613422081

he may well be gone...we dont think r bringing him back..

RoanokeFan
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Russellmania980/statuses/190818494613422081

he may well be gone...we dont think r bringing him back..

I think signing Rivers was a signal to Goff that he needs to find work elsewhere.

Eli TO Shockey
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Because we're going to draft kuechly in the 1st round :)

G-Men Surg.
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Because we're going to draft kuechly in the 1st round :)

I wish bro but there's no chance in hell he slips all the way to us.

Martyr
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
We can hope lol Lb's have fell to the 2nd round in the past

G-Men Surg.
04-13-2012, 01:20 PM

I know but he is the most NFL ready LB on the draft, one of the best cover LB that have come out of college in a while and has all the off and on the field credentials GM like. Not happening bro .

TrueBlue2180
04-13-2012, 01:21 PM

I will always keep faith, but I can't remember a linebacker like Kuechly falling into the second round. <u>191 </u>tackles last season and 532 career tackles in college [:O] . This guy is a machine.

JimC
04-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Why do you think he hasn't signed anywhere as yet? Do you think at this point everyone is evaluating his talent as being no better than the LB's coming out of the draft? Teams that need an LB are just going to wait and see what the draft holds for them?

GMENAGAIN
04-13-2012, 03:28 PM

I will always keep faith, but I can't remember a linebacker like Kuechly falling into the second round. <U>191 </U>tackles last season and 532 career tackles in college [:O] . This guy is a machine.
</P>

Laurinitis and Maualuga were both MLB types that were projected to go in the first, but slipped to the second.</P>

Neither was regarded as highly as Kuechly though . . . . . </P>

paul007
04-13-2012, 03:47 PM
All I got was criticism when I suggsted from my inference after meeting and speaking with Jessie Armstead that we will probably not resign Goff and Blackburn and will acquire another LB.

I honestly thought that inferred we will get a Lb in the draft. However, since then we have acquired Rivers. Maybe it was coincidence? However, when he said ,"the Giants are always looking for players to improve the team, INCLIUDING LB", I had a hunch that something was up.

Turns out, whether it was pure lucky guess on my part or not, I was correct!

I believe we may still acquire another LB, probably MLB

We have Boley, Rivers, Kiwi, and Willaims available to play OLB. We also have Pasinger who is young.

Unless Boley or Rivers presents a better option to play inside (along with rotation of Herzlich and Jones). I think we can add another MLB.

Only if the Giants believe Boley or Rivers can move inside, then they can consider another OLB, although highly unlikely.

Danny1024
04-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Goff was very underrated around here. He was very good against the run and getting better at covering guys. I don't often criticize Reese but I'm scratching my head on this one....

paul007
04-13-2012, 04:52 PM
My guess is that his coming off of his injury is not something they want to deal with and feel they can find better?

B&RWarrior
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
He was slow before the injury. He'll be slower after the injury. JR is the master. Trust your GM.

G-Man67
04-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Goff was very underrated around here. He was very good against the run and getting better at covering guys. I don't often criticize Reese but I'm scratching my head on this one....
</P>

but again, you don't know what the team doctors are saying ... and you can't compare the situation to the TT situation either, b/c while Goff had played well when given the chance ... he wasn't considered to haveAll-Pro talent, whereasthe org. really thinks they have something special with TT</P>

finally, none of these moves can be evaluated at this point, so i will just refer back to last season and say that we were right far more than wrong on moves we either made or didn't make, so again give Jerry some slack ... he's earned it</P>

the only move that still has a ? mark over it is the move to get Baas ... but even then, who else was available ... we had correctly evaluated that O'Hara was done and we weren't going to go with an inexperienced player at that position</P>

giantyankee1976
04-13-2012, 07:46 PM
that's typical, Giants and Skids have been swapping players for a while now.

Swapping or otherwise picking up...I liked Johnny but if he picks up work over there then frank him.

Neverend
04-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Looks like goff was just used as leverage. skins and fletcher making progress