PDA

View Full Version : Steve Somers monologue on WFAN

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Utter hilarity that just concluded. He had a field day with the Cowboys. ROFLMAO! I love Cowgirls-Giants weekend, it is always a blast. By the way Dallas on Sunday Night 7-10in their historyincluding 4 straight losses.</P>

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp331/dcarus1/180580517.jpg </P>

Giantsin04
12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Any good one liners you wanna share?

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Any good one liners you wanna share?</P>

Not reallybut he kind ofwent on the Christmas tangent. He siad looks under the tree, there's a gift for Eli, over there is Alan Ball and next to that Orlando Scandrick and next to that Terence Newman and Jenkins, lol.</P>

DragonSoul
12-09-2011, 10:45 PM
link by chance?

GMENAGAIN
12-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I can't stand listening to that guy? You really like his schtick???

GiantsJersey
12-09-2011, 10:46 PM
steve somers and the tom coughlin skits are hilarious, heres one about going to the new cowboys stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ax8VEfCaiI

GMENAGAIN
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I can't stand listening to that guy. You really like his schtick???

Giantsin04
12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Any good one liners you wanna share?</P>

Not really*but he kind of*went on the Christmas tangent. He siad looks under the tree, there's a gift for Eli, over there is Alan Ball and next to that Orlando Scandrick and next to that Terence Newman and Jenkins, lol.</P>

Yeah, tough guy to quote. Kinda have to hear it yourself. Sorry I missed it.

GameTime
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM
the "schmooser".....

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I can't stand listening to that guy. You really like his schtick???</P>

Sorry that you don't enjoy it, but I thoroughly enjoy it. He despises the Cowboys and it is funny as hell to hear him make fun of them.</P>

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 10:56 PM
link by chance?</P>

Here you go everyone, it's towards the end:</P>

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/steve-somers/#</P>

Edit: Shoot it looks like they took it down. Sorry folks.</P>

DragonSoul
12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
link by chance?</P>

Edit: Shoot it looks like they took it down. Sorry folks.</P>thxs 4 trying at least.

DandyDon
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM

Yeah, I do. It really depends on who you root for, and he is Mets/Giants like me. But he knows his sports.

He is major sarcastic, jewish flavored obviously, but really funny at times. And he HATES the cowboys more than any team in any sport ;-)

He was guaranteeing a win last week against GB. Close but no cigar...

YATittle1962
12-09-2011, 11:17 PM

Yeah, I do. It really depends on who you root for, and he is Mets/Giants like me. But he knows his sports.

He is major sarcastic, jewish flavored obviously, but really funny at times. And he HATES the cowboys more than any team in any sport ;-)

jewish favored?

DragonSoul
12-09-2011, 11:18 PM

jewish favored?Hmmm. Was tempted to mention it, but decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

krygny
12-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I like Steve Somers and more so because he hates the Cowboys.

So, what did the Fearless Forecaster predict for this week?

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 11:19 PM
link by chance?</P>

Edit: Shoot it looks like they took it down. Sorry folks.</P>

thxs 4 trying at least.</P>

Try again, it's back up I think.</P>

repeatchamps
12-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I like Steve Sommers and more so because he hates the Cowboys.

So, what did the Fearless Forecaster predict for this week?

</P>

A Dallas loss of course, lol.</P>

<FONT color=#980001>http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/steve-somers/#</FONT> (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/steve-somers/#)</P>

Sarcasman
12-10-2011, 05:45 PM

jewish favored?

His schtick relies heavily on NY based borscht-belt style comedy voice inflection, idiom and vocal mannerism.

DragonSoul
12-10-2011, 05:48 PM

jewish favored?

His schtick relies heavily on NY based borscht-belt style comedy voice inflection, idiom and vocal mannerism.Borscht = Russian. Do not know of many Russian Gfans, even though I am 1. If what you say is true, would make no sense as there is barely enough of those type of fans out there 2 be successful, that is if he is playing to that market as you say.

Guess we can start labeling all. Fun times.

Sarcasman
12-10-2011, 06:12 PM

jewish favored?

His schtick relies heavily on NY based borscht-belt style comedy voice inflection, idiom and vocal mannerism.Borscht = Russian. Do not know of many Russian Gfans, even though I am 1. If what you say is true, would make no sense as there is barely enough of those type of fans out there 2 be successful, that is if he is playing to that market as you say.

Guess we can start labeling all. Fun times.

Yes, borscht is generally considered to be an eastern european cuisine due to its Ukrainian origin but I wouldn't call that equivalency.

"Borscht Belt" on the other hand refers to a specific geographic area known for its community and the entertainment it attracted.

DandyDon
12-10-2011, 11:41 PM

jewish favored?Hmmm. Was tempted to mention it, but decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

Maybe Jewish flavored wasn't the best description. But he plays up on it almost to the point where he is Mike Meyers on SNL with "coffee talk."

He cracks me up.