PDA

View Full Version : Donte Hightower

Bones911
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM
I really like this kid from Alabama. he is a fast hard hitting LB that plays in the middle. Based on my opinion and mock drafts out there he will not make it past the Steelers or Ravens.

With the Rivers trade and Blackburn coming back. If he is on the board at 32. Will the Giants pass on him even if he is the BPA?

Neverend
04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd say so. His skill sets and talents would be wasted here for the most part.

B&RWarrior
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
He won't be there.

Levonte David - though he may not be there either.

rainierjef
04-14-2012, 05:16 PM
can you please give me a reason as to why you want to spend a late round 1st on arguably the third best LB in the draft?

Strahan4gov
04-14-2012, 06:21 PM
can you please give me a reason as to why you want to spend a late round 1st on arguably the third best LB in the draft?

Because it's a position we don't have a long term solution for and he is more than likely the only LB that we might get a shot at (big might). Not to mention he has the intangibles that the Giants covet.

hugehomer
04-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Would you rather draft the fourth best DT?

titwio
04-14-2012, 06:39 PM

IMO he is the 4th best. I have Kuechly, Wagner, David and then Hightower.

Edit...thought you said LB...not DT.

pheonix73
04-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Donte is a beast and that is why he will be gone by the 32nd pick..

slipknottin
04-14-2012, 06:45 PM

This argument makes no sense.

Its like saying RG3 shouldnt be the #2 overall pick because hes the second quarterback, when they can take the first punter instead.

The 4th DT can be a better player than the 1st LB.

As for Hightower, he would be a Sam for the giants. But they already have a few players and some depth at OLB.

miked1958
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I really like this kid from Alabama. he is a fast hard hitting LB that plays in the middle. Based on my opinion and mock drafts out there he will not make it past the Steelers or Ravens.

With the Rivers trade and Blackburn coming back. If he is on the board at 32. Will the Giants pass on him even if he is the BPA?
Watched this kid play all last season for Alabama. No way he is there at 32.

miked1958
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Not going to happen

FBomb
04-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Not going to happen</P>

this...</P>

We have 9 LB on the roster now. Were going o-line at 32. </P>

WR4Life
04-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I'll bet the Steelers take him in the 1st. After they do, he'll probably turn out to be a beast and be a huge piece on Pittsburgh's defense. Just the way it seems to work out with the linebackers that squad winds up with.

Shockeystays08
04-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Watched this kid play all last season for Alabama. No way he is there at 32.

I agree, I watched almost every Alabama game. He will be gone by 32. He is the real deal week after week on the best defense in College football

JJC7301
04-14-2012, 09:37 PM
I'd prefer the BPA available at # 32 regardless of position (besides QB). I'm hoping that it'll be on the d-line, secondary, or o-line.

Spider-Man
04-14-2012, 10:07 PM

Its like saying RG3 shouldnt be the #2 overall pick because hes the second quarterback, when they can take the first punter instead.

As for Hightower, he would be a Sam for the giants. But they already have a few players and some depth at OLB.

Thank you, there is a possibility that both the Ravens and Steelers go OL.

Dirt66
04-14-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd take Hightower over Herz, Jones, Paysinger, AND Blackburn any day! Kid is a beast.

myles2424
04-15-2012, 08:59 AM
You people that think were by any means OK at MLB or SLB are delusional

GMENAGAIN
04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
You people that think were by any means OK at MLB or SLB are delusional</P>

It's not necessarily that . . . . it's just that some fans like you don't seem to have grasped the idea that LB is probably the leastimportant position in our defense.</P>

Shockeystays08
04-15-2012, 09:54 AM
I'd take Hightower over Herz, Jones, Paysinger, AND Blackburn any day! Kid is a beast.

Exactly the guys we have on the roster are not in Hightowers class. I think that fact goes right over the heads of the posters on here who say we don't need him.

JesseJames
04-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I think the team will take the best O lineman or the best RB with their first pick simply because we need the most help at those positions based on the last 2 seasons...

FBomb
04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
You people that think were by any means OK at MLB or SLB are delusional</P>

What ifJR thinks we are.....is HE delusional too?</P>

tonyt830
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I just think that NFL offenses have evolved to the point where LB is not as emphasized as much as it used to be.

I don't think Hightower would be a 3 down linebacker in our system. He probably will excel as an inside backer in the 3-4.

jparmer
04-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I'll bet the Steelers take him in the 1st. After they do, he'll probably turn out to be a beast and be a huge piece on Pittsburgh's defense. Just the way it seems to work out with the linebackers that squad winds up with.

Agree, no way he gets past Pittsburgh

NorwoodBlue
04-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Hightower is a good runstopper; unfortunately that ability doesn't do much for a MLB in the NFL right now. I've heard that is pass coverage ability isn't that good. We were successful in the playoffs because we had guys like Boley and Williams that could cover good TE. I think Hightower is a linebacker of a different era, and he might not be that great an asset against pass happy NFL offenses.

I don't think LB is a particularly troubling position for us, you've got Boley and Kiwi both very good LB, and four young LB with a year of experience under their belts. Now we've got Rivers to add to the mix. I actually think this linebacking corp could be very good this year. They might draft another LB; but I doubt it's going to come in the first or second round.

Redeyejedi
04-15-2012, 08:52 PM

As for Hightower, he would be a Sam for the giants. But they already have a few players and some depth at OLB.i agree his role at Alabama was more of a SAM role in a 4-3.

GIANTfaninFL
04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Not going to happen</P>

this...</P>

We have 9 LB on the roster now.* Were going o-line at 32. </P>

thats the way its looking so far

rainierjef
04-16-2012, 04:03 AM

i would rather the #1 best tight end. IMHO

Captain Chaos
04-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Not going to happen</P>

this...</P>

We have 9 LB on the roster now. Were going o-line at 32. </P>

thats the way its looking so far</P>

</P>

I never say never but this is one of those unlikely scenarios; however, we took Kiwi at 32 so....</P>

JesseJames
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
we need a LBer who can play well in coverage, we have guys who can tackle and rush the passer but when it comes to shutting down good TE's and defending the middle of the field we have been sadly deficient..if we can find a LBer who can help us in those areas then do it in whatever round....