PDA

View Full Version : So who would be your top 3 picks in the 1st round for the giants and why!?

DragonSoul
04-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I know there are about 4-5 players people are talking about. So I was curious who would be your top 3 wants/picks in the 1st round 4 the giants & why?

nygfan0816
04-18-2012, 03:30 AM
1.coby fleener, TE, stanford-this guy could be very good and with the way the game is now with athletic TEs (graham,gronk,davis) this guy would be great to have. also with manningham leaving, we need that 3rd option. fleener could even be split out as a WR in certain stituations and isnt a bad blocker.

mike adams, OT, ohio state-o line needs improvement, especially in the run game. if adams is there he could be a good pick up to help an oline that struggled last year.

doug martin, RB, boise state-martin is the only other rb other then richardson who may be taken in the 1st. giants have ?? after bradshaw at rb so he may be a possibillity

critters
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Realistically speaking, as in who could be available... or any player in the draft?

slipknottin
04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Too difficult a question.

There is such a variety of players who can be drafted before the giants that it is somewhat impossible to narrow down their selection to three guys.

Maybe 10 guys then you have a realistic chance of 3 of them being available.

DragonSoul
04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Realistically speaking, as in who could be available... or any player in the draft?
out of who could be available.

Raptor22
04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
In no particular order:
Nick Perry
Jerel Worthy/Devon Still/Kendal Reyes
Alshon Jeffery.

Honorable Mentions go to: Doug Martin, Coby Fleener, Harrison Smith.

TheEnigma
04-18-2012, 05:06 PM

There is such a variety of players who can be drafted before the giants that it is somewhat impossible to narrow down their selection to three guys.

Maybe 10 guys then you have a realistic chance of 3 of them being available.Pretty much agree with Slip here. Maybe if we were selecting around the middle like we have in previous years, I could think of 3 guys but it takes only one selection to throw a wrench into the whole "predicted" draft.

rainierjef
04-18-2012, 05:15 PM

Maybe 10 guys then you have a realistic chance of 3 of them being available.Pretty much agree with Slip here. Maybe if we were selecting around the middle like we have in previous years, I could think of 3 guys but it takes only one selection to throw a wrench into the whole "predicted" draft.

i third this. after watching recent drafts and how teams throw major curve balls anyone can or wont be there at 32, too many variables. i will say this i am wishing that fleener drops to 32 but that a big if

juice33s
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Fleener, Silatolu, Martin

Neverend
04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Nick Perry
Fleener
Martin

DelawareGiants
04-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Here would be my best possible 6 wish list to choose from:

1) Devon Still- DT - would be great addition for rotation not sure if we need to use 1st pick on DT though- this is deep draft for DT.
2) Doug Martin-RB- would be awesome due with Bradshaw as the powerback plus is very good receiver and good pass blocker- some have compared him to Ray Rice (probably due to his size)
3)Coby Fleener-TE- tremendous potential and could exploit most LB and S who try to cover him. Imagine Eli having him to throw to over the middle and down sidelines. If you like Ballard you will drool over this guy. Again- with Martellus Bennett here not sure this makes the most sense.
4) Stephen Hill-WR amazing size and speed- would make us forget Mario real quick. He also is a good character guy in locker room.
5) Mike Adams- OT- his stock is rising and we could have great bookends to protect Eli for many years. Other OT that is jumping up draft boards is Bobbie Massey who also may be nabbed end of first or beginning of 2nd round.
6) Dont'a Hightower- ILB - just to round out most of our needs- throw this guy in the mix- powerful instinctive player- always seems to be around the ball and making plays. Again- not our highest need.

Imagine having to pick between these guys- that's why they give JR the big bucks. Could not go wrong with any of them IMO- leaning toward Doug Martin though!

BlueSanta
04-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Too hard to answer really. People like to think they know how the draft will progress. But we never do.

This same question would have been easier to answer last year since only 18 possible players could have been selected ahead of us. Yet, I do not remember anyone here having Prince as a realistic possibility.

This year at pick 32 it will be that much harder to guess who might be available.

To be honest, this year I have a lot more guys I am excited about getting in the 1st round than I would be upset at getting. I still think the NFL is trying to figure the best way to draft now with offenses soaring. Last year a few teams reached for QBs and I could see it happening again. If it does, it well help us again as other players wil ldrop. Having a QB is a wonder full thing. I can't wait for draft day.

PIERCEnumber58rules
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Gilmore, Barron, or Kuechly/Hightower. I'd also be ok with Chandler Jones or Fleener. Gilmore- awesome pick if he falls to us. Can't have too many CB's. Same with Barron- great value at 32. Hightower/Kuechly just cuz I want a big time LB, and both are good in coverage from what the analysts say. Jones cuz I think he's got the highest ceiling of all DE's in this draft. And Fleener cuz I think he's gonna be a stud and I see Bennett as a one year project.

PIERCEnumber58rules
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I really don't want a D-Tackle. I think we're deep enough with Joseph, Canty, Austin (I think he's gonna impress some people this year), and factor in how we like to rush 3 DE's at any given time. I say give Austin a shot.

XxBigWhitxX
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
1. Don't'a Hightower- I just love everything this guy brings. Power, intimidation, Instincts, leadership, he embodies what it means to be a MLB.

2. Jerel Worthy- This guy might have the best get off in the whole draft! The last time I ever saw one guy just destroy an offenses game plan like him was Suh and Worth has 3rd down ability as a pass rusher.

3. Alshon Jeffery- I just know in my heart that Jeffery will be a great receiver. I expect him to start day one where ever he goes and have a year like AJ Green did.