PDA

View Full Version : Dont'a Hightower highlight video for those who like or aren't sure

hungrrrry
04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I like this kid for what I see in this video...middle of the field play and his burst is great! Hitting is awesome and very much noteworthy. I can handle this as our 1st pick but I also prefer to focus on a RB...either way I hope, and don't expect to be disappointed.

I am putting this up since alot of discussion is on him leading up to the final week before the draft.

Dont'a Hightower:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYqUyVPenvA&feature=related

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
It would be nice to get more physical play from our LB position.

NewYorkSwagg
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I always been a fan of Hightower and Alabama so I would give this pick A+A+. I'm really hoping the Giants pick this guy at 32 if he is there. Also this pick fills a need. Also everyone remember when the Giants bring in a first round prospect for a workout it's usually the guy they pick if he is available, and Hightower was here yesterday.

B&RWarrior
04-19-2012, 11:05 AM

It's impossible to be more physical than Kiwi at LB. Kiwi verse the run and rushing the passer is the goods. Boley was physical in his own right this past year also.

What we need is a 3 down 4-3 MLB and Hightower is not that guy IMHO. I wanna see a power guard with our first pick.

Pakman
04-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Boley played very well this year and Kiwi looked good at LB in my opinion.

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 12:09 PM
highlight videos, yuck.

dayeh33
04-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Kiwi-Hightower-Boley sounds tempting but I feel like we need a stud OT more

Shockeystays08
04-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Finally folks are coming around to the fact that Hightower would be an outstanding addition to the LB. I would not mind a great RB or OG in the first, but if it"s Hightower, being disappointed would be like saying I wanted the Black Corvette not the Blue one.

giantsfan420
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
i dunno, just the way he plays and how low he gets, he just strikes me as an OLB in a 3-4, he reminds me of j.harrison.

i wouldnt hate the pick but i'd rather spend it on a more important position, i dont see him being a 3 down mlb, so then he becomes a 2 down lb and is that worth a 1rst?

Shockeystays08
04-19-2012, 03:52 PM
i dunno, just the way he plays and how low he gets, he just strikes me as an OLB in a 3-4, he reminds me of j.harrison.

i wouldnt hate the pick but i'd rather spend it on a more important position, i dont see him being a 3 down mlb, so then he becomes a 2 down lb and is that worth a 1rst?

I can see your point of view. I guess we need to have faith Reese and company will take what shape piece fits the puzzle.

myles2424
04-19-2012, 03:54 PM

It's impossible to be more physical than Kiwi at LB. Kiwi verse the run and rushing the passer is the goods. Boley was physical in his own right this past year also.

What we need is a 3 down 4-3 MLB and Hightower is not that guy IMHO. I wanna see a power guard with our first pick. & you can bet your boy Kiwi won't be paying LB for the NYG next year....

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
& you can bet your boy Kiwi won't be paying LB for the NYG next year....

Ill take this bet.

myles2424
04-19-2012, 04:31 PM
& you can bet your boy Kiwi won't be paying LB for the NYG next year....

Ill take this bet.
You disagree?

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
You disagree?

I think Kiwi plays LB and DE again this season. See no reason why they would change that, he was very effective at LB last year.

myles2424
04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
You disagree?

I think Kiwi plays LB and DE again this season. See no reason why they would change that, he was very effective at LB last year. I agree, what I was saying was, next season following him becomming a FA....
because unless he gets hurt again or just stinks the joint up, another team will willingly pay him pass rusher $$$..

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I agree, what I was saying was, next season following him becomming a FA....
because unless he gets hurt again or just stinks the joint up, another team will willingly pay him pass rusher $$$..

Oh, didnt realize you meant next season as in the 2013 season. My mistake. In that case, I agree. Very much doubt Kiwi is back. Especially if he believes he is worth $4+ mil a year like hes getting paid now.

Kruunch
04-19-2012, 04:47 PM

What we need is a 3 down 4-3 MLB and Hightower is not that guy IMHO. I wanna see a power guard with our first pick.

Boley is going to end up getting moved to the MLB spot ... and that's the only way we'd have a 3 down MLB considering how much Nickel we play.

slipknottin
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Boley is going to end up getting moved to the MLB spot ... and that's the only way we'd have a 3 down MLB considering how much Nickel we play.

I think Rivers and Boley compete to get the MLB job. Sort of odd, but I think thats how it will pan out. I do believe Reese mentioned today that he thinks Rivers can play MLB too.

critters
04-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I know at this point it goes without saying... but this is my #1 target in the first round. There are other offensive linemen in the draft... there is no one else like him. The other LB I wanted late was Demario Davis but when I was saying I wanted him it was pre draft when he was projected as a 6th rounder. Now he's showing up in the 3rd round in some drafts... I know linebackers. haha

I think the most important clip in that is at 3:30... you'll hear a bunch of people on here say he's a liability in coverage... You can see in that clip he's not as bad as some say.