PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the NFC beast?

greenca190
12-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Wasn't it 2007 when three teams made the playoffs out of the east? Now it seems as if every divisional winner has been zero competition to the rest of the league. Philly being the exception in 2008, but they were a wild card team that got hot at the right time. I feel like the NFC east is the third weakest division in football right now.

NYfanatic
12-10-2011, 07:57 PM
No the iggles missed it in 2007. The reason why:
Ealges had the talent to be a great team but talent doesnt always equal wins.
Cowboys have your average team. Need some more playmakers to be elite.
Giants almost have enough talent to be elite. Just have no injuries, a better coaching staff and a beast olinmen and a good Lb and we are elite.
Reskins are void at talent and need a Qb for starters to even consider them moving up from the below 5 wins club.

greenca190
12-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the Eagles missed it in 2007, but Joe Gibbs and the Redskins won their last four that year with their backup to play against Seattle in the Wild Card.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-10-2011, 09:51 PM
We became the NFC West this year.

NYfanatic
12-10-2011, 09:58 PM

I dont think a 7-9 record will win the east crown this year.

Rusty192
12-10-2011, 10:42 PM

I dont think a 7-9 record will win the east crown this year.
yeah that was so gay. At least they beat the Saints though.

DemandedAce
12-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Let's not go overboard guys, no one wants a game against an NFC East opponent, except for maybe the Redskins. Teams still don't want to play the Eagles because they have the potential and talent, the NFC West is void of that scare and as such teams welcome opponents from there and circle it as a win on their calendar, I doubt ANYone does that about an NFC East team. We're competitive and talented, maybe not the cream of the crop but we're no pushovers.

BigBlue wins
12-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Let's not go overboard guys, no one wants a game against an NFC East opponent, except for maybe the Redskins. Teams still don't want to play the Eagles because they have the potential and talent, the NFC West is void of that scare and as such teams welcome opponents from there and circle it as a win on their calendar, I doubt ANYone does that about an NFC East team. We're competitive and talented, maybe not the cream of the crop but we're no pushovers.

I think that's why the Seahawks emerge victorious in some strange games...Their defense knows this