PDA

View Full Version : So did we scrap the new message boards altogether? lol

NYG4lifeNYK
04-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Very strange why they would promise something countless times and still no action taking place. (Not talking about the mods)

Maybe ask Nilay about this? Nilay is usually on top of his game.

Now with the draft coming it would be hard to implement everything unless it took a day or two tops.

RoanokeFan
04-20-2012, 06:57 PM
What new boards?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-20-2012, 07:04 PM
What new boards?

Exactly! [:D]

Die-Hard
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
The new boards will be here when they get here. You'll know immediately when you click the link, and stuff looks different than it does now

Please.....lets not get into this again.....

Firenugget
04-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah really...Making a thread a week about it isn't rushing them along, I'm sure. It's a message board. You type messages, anything beyond that is fluff and doesn't matter. I come to discuss the team, I'm not trying to move in.

TheEnigma
04-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Everytime the new message boards are mentioned, it gets delayed another day :)

gumby742
04-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Why complain about a service that you're getting for FREE?

egyptian420
04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
big time deja vu right now

Morehead State
04-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Why complain about a service that you're getting for FREE?</P>

Let me explain why one would do such a thing.</P>

The Giants MB is a money maker for our team. Not only does it increase interest in the team, which increases sales of Giants gear, but it offers as a promotion of ticket sales which translates to huge income for the Giants.</P>

Just in our thread (THEE thread) we coordinate and plan tailgate parties at the stadium and collectively go to a game together. Ticket sales, shirt, hoodie, jersey etc..sales, along with beer and food. We may not pay for this service directly, but we do spend a great deal more money (on average) to our team and our team's interest as a product of these boards.</P>

Believe me, the Giants know this. We are the customers. And we are PAYING customers.</P>

</P>

Having said that, I couldn't possibly care less if these boards are upgraded. They're fine as far as I'm concerned.</P>

JMFP2
04-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Our current message board is fancy enough.</P>

</P>

http://www.commodoreusa.net/j/c64ready.gif</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
04-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Why complain about a service that you're getting for FREE?

Who's complaining? I'm asking a question...

The change was supposed to occur in the off season when everything was dull and there wasn't much going on.. now it would be better if they just left them as is, rather then shut it down after the draft.

Unless of course there's somewhat of a slow period sometimes within the next 5 months

Flip Empty
04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
A watched message board upgrade never boils, or... something.

Sundown
04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Our current message board is fancy enough.</P>

*</P>

http://www.commodoreusa.net/j/c64ready.gif</P>

Hell YEA!!! i had a Commodore 64 back in the day!

Syverce
04-20-2012, 10:34 PM
The new message boards will come out when Versus XIII comes out.

scoopscj
04-20-2012, 11:59 PM
There is a glitch in the matrix.

miked1958
04-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Very strange why they would promise something countless times and still no action taking place. (Not talking about the mods)

Now with the draft coming it would be hard to implement everything unless it took a day or two tops.

They even stopped the updates..

byron
04-21-2012, 12:24 AM

They even stopped the updates.. they are toying with our emotions !

ashleymarie
04-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Why complain about a service that you're getting for FREE?</P>

Let me explain why one would do such a thing.</P>

The Giants MB is a money maker for our team. Not only does it increase interest in the team, which increases sales of Giants gear, but it offers as a promotion of ticket sales which translates to huge income for the Giants.</P>

Just in our thread (THEE thread) we coordinate and plan tailgate parties at the stadium and collectively go to a game together. Ticket sales, shirt, hoodie, jersey etc..sales, along with beer and food. We may not pay for this service directly, but we do spend a great deal more money (on average) to our team and our team's interest as a product of these boards.</P>

Believe me, the Giants know this. We are the customers. And we are PAYING customers.</P>

</P>

Having said that, I couldn't possibly care less if these boards are upgraded. They're fine as far as I'm concerned.</P>

</P>

</P>

Good to know. [B]</P>

Giant stuck in Texas
04-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Our current message board is fancy enough.</p>

</p>

http://www.commodoreusa.net/j/c64ready.gif</p>lmao

Drez
04-21-2012, 02:14 AM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/13/71706d8e-7928-4ad3-9303-f6b920193713.jpg

barran21
04-21-2012, 02:22 AM

It ain't no glitch, Reese said we don't have enough cap room for new forums....

Flip Empty
04-21-2012, 09:14 AM

It ain't no glitch, Reese said we don't have enough cap room for new forums....

Hahaha, Eli may have to restructure again.

conlsmc06
04-21-2012, 09:26 AM
I work in IT, and let me just say that if the giants run their IT department anything like the corporation that I work for there is limited liability and no accountability. Individuals in IT are generally the laziest people that one could work wih, finding anyway to shirk they're responsibilities and push it off onto someone else. There are probably fans on this board that work for the giants and they spend their time on this message board instead of working on the new one... if football isn't their cup of tea, they are elsewhere, but if there is a limited degree of difficulty to this transition (why even bother and not start a brand new one with new registration for every user) the person responsible probably is doing everything they can to not have to do the work that comes along with it.

Die-Hard
04-21-2012, 09:34 AM
It is a 3rd party that is working on the transition

Updates, for whatever reason, seem to upset people, so we've sort of abandoned that idea.

In a nutshell, there is the latest, oft-repeated, non-update.