PDA

View Full Version : Vontaze Burfict

WR4Life
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
So over the passed few months, this guys stock has taken a nose dive, crashed into the ground, and then went into nuclear meltdown mode. Mike Mayock has even said that he's undraftable. My question is this. If he's there in the 7th round when the Giants are on the clock, would you want them to give him a shot? Do you think Jerry Reese would give him a shot? Discuss.

gmen0820
04-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I'd rather get him as an UDFA.

WR4Life
04-20-2012, 11:10 PM
I'd rather get him as an UDFA.

Lets say that if we don't pick him at that point in the 7th, then someone else will behind us.

egyptian420
04-20-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm all for second chances in life but I seriously can't imagine this guy lasting 10 minutes with Coughlin....not to mention I could probably beat his 40 time

WR4Life
04-20-2012, 11:28 PM
I think i'd be willing to take a 7th round shot on him to be honest.

XxBigWhitxX
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM
As much as he's bombed he wont go past the 5th. somebody is gonna see what he did last year and they won't be able to pass it up.

TheEnigma
04-20-2012, 11:38 PM
We already have a good collection of young LBers on this team. Putting my dislike of Burfict away, we already have crowded depth at the position.

Neverend
04-21-2012, 12:01 AM
What's most distburbing about burfict is that had he not run his 40 and skipped the combine, some would still love him as a 1st round pick

its not the work ethic character thing that makes him so bad. its that hes terrible on the field as well

WR4Life
04-21-2012, 12:04 AM
We already have a good collection of young LBers on this team. Putting my dislike of Burfict away, we already have crowded depth at the position.

That is a good point. The idea that it would only cost us a 7th round pick to give the kid a shot makes me wonder a little bit though. If he isn't want the Giants want then they can cut him.

Rat_bastich
04-21-2012, 03:12 AM
I think this guy is a headcase and would love to have him as far away from the Giants as possible. His penchant for penalties would have Coughlin in an ER for a coronary.

I think even if he drops to the 7th Reese doesn't touch him and if he becomes undrafted he doesn't even get a look from the Giants.

I do think he has Cowboys or Redskins written all over him though.

JacksGiant76
04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, he's definitely an UDFA at this point. I can't see the Giants even using their last pick on someone like them when they could possibly find someone like AB again in the same slot. Besides, I think we're pretty solid at LB at this point. Figure you have Rivers on the outside, I guess Boley in the middle and either Kiwanuka or Herzlich on the strong side. I think Kiwanuka starts to transition back to DE since it'll be Osi's last year.

Giants10Joe
04-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm all for second chances in life but I seriously can't imagine this guy lasting 10 minutes with Coughlin....not to mention I could probably beat his 40 time

If he's a available in the 7th round I say we take him. If anybody can whip a problem guy into shape, it's Coughlin. However, I think he'll go in the 5th round.

GMENAGAIN
04-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I think i'd be willing to take a 7th round shot on him to be honest.</P>

Why?</P>

I don't get the fascination with an unathletic, slow, bad football player with a poor work ethic and questionable character. </P>

greenca190
04-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I see him drafted by the colts in the sixth

slipknottin
04-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Why would you want to spend a draft pick on a bad football player?

Theres no reason to draft him at all, in any aspect.

So impressed that he pointed a finger at a QB, that may have been the best football play he made all season.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-21-2012, 04:38 PM

Why?</P>

I don't get the fascination with an unathletic, slow, bad football player with a poor work ethic and questionable character.* </P>
He's got an awesome name. That's why. If his name was Dave Jones, he wouldn't have this much hype. But Vontaze Burfict sounds like an *** kicking waiting to happen.

Redeyejedi
04-21-2012, 05:04 PM
What's most distburbing about burfict is that had he not run his 40 and skipped the combine, some would still love him as a 1st round pick

its not the work ethic character thing that makes him so bad. its that hes terrible on the field as wellI dont know about that. His tape was bad this year

slipknottin
04-21-2012, 05:06 PM
]I dont know about that. His tape was bad this year

I think had he been fantastic at the combine he may have snuck into the 5th round, thats how bad he played this year.

Redeyejedi
04-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Why would you want to spend a draft pick on a bad football player?

Theres no reason to draft him at all, in any aspect.

So impressed that he pointed a finger at a QB, that may have been the best football play he made all season. The UCLA game was the last 1 I watched specifically 2 watch him . I got through the 1st quarter and I asked myself Why am I watching this guy, this is terrible. That was the last time i watched him this season. Every game besides the USC game was awful

gmen0820
04-22-2012, 12:21 AM

its not the work ethic character thing that makes him so bad. its that hes terrible on the field as wellI dont know about that. His tape was bad this yearI think he means people on this board, to which I'd agree.

RagTime Blue
04-22-2012, 01:52 AM
The Jets have a ton of picks. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there. They need to make more headlines. Plus, they're a 3-4 team where he can play the inside and be slow.

GMENAGAIN
04-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Why?</P>

I don't get the fascination with an unathletic, slow, bad football player with a poor work ethic and questionable character. </P>

He's got an awesome name. That's why. If his name was Dave Jones, he wouldn't have this much hype. But Vontaze Burfict sounds like an *** kicking waiting to happen.</P>

ha ha . . . . well he does have that going for him . . . </P>

The bad *** namedoesn't always work out though . . . . . remember Mike Stonebreaker from ND?</P>

TheEnigma
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
My favorite scout has to be Chuck Klosterman.

The reports on these players he has shows all of their negative traits and the analysis on each player is astonishingly flawless. Since Burfict isn't on this list, he must be a good player.

The Case against the top NFL draft prospects (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7829465/the-case-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-rest-year-top-nfl-draft-prospects/)

GmenFan1980
04-22-2012, 10:29 PM

The reports on these players he has shows all of their negative traits and the analysis on each player is astonishingly flawless. Since Burfict isn't on this list, he must be a good player.

The Case against the top NFL draft prospects (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7829465/the-case-andrew-luck-robert-griffin-rest-year-top-nfl-draft-prospects/)

Or he isn't a top draft prospect

greenca190
04-22-2012, 10:30 PM

Haha, man. I like this.