PDA

View Full Version : Eli most clutch athlete in sports

idiotekniQues
04-21-2012, 06:11 PM
according to this article. Not sure he is most clutch amongst all sports as that is tough to gauge, not sure anybody can really say who is, but he is definitely deserving to be on the short list. Nice to see him get recognition:

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/10_most_clutch_athletes_in_sports

GIANTSACK
04-21-2012, 10:11 PM
according to this article. Not sure he is most clutch amongst all sports as that is tough to gauge, not sure anybody can really say who is, but he is definitely deserving to be on the short list. Nice to see him get recognition:

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/10_most_clutch_athletes_in_sports

Helll yeah.. All real giants fan know to never sweat it if Eli has the ball in his hand. Dude been money for many years now people are starting to take notice.

redbeardxxv
04-21-2012, 10:19 PM
HAHA... in Brady's write up....
"Nothing phases Brady, except Eli Manning."

Drez
04-21-2012, 10:21 PM
"Nothing phases Brady, except Eli Manning."lmao

Flip Empty
04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Haha, was just about to post that.

It's great how Eli's become Brady's nemesis.

Toadofsteel
04-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Eli Manning is clutch?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m24la4jTLj1qbsbvb.jpg

njsean
04-22-2012, 03:14 AM
You won't get many arguments about the premise, but come on...The Bleacher Report?

It should be against forum policy to consider those "articles."

B-Red22
04-22-2012, 07:49 AM
HAHA... in Brady's write up.... "Nothing phases Brady, except Eli Manning."</P>

Now this is funny S***</P>

Mohann
04-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Haha, was just about to post that.

It's great how Eli's become Brady's nemesis.

I predicted this early in the playoffs. He's the anti-Brady and we're BB's curse. The Pats will never win a SB while Eli is in the league. If they make it in so will we, and the anti-Brady will take care of the rest. And I think the Pats will make it in again soon.

FBomb
04-22-2012, 12:30 PM
HAHA... in Brady's write up.... "Nothing phases Brady, except Eli Manning."</P>

lol....The Brady killer!!</P>

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZiqvNY1jnjAdjYZHkl67XZtD1Sg6ib SLY0tXJY8lwL8ER7Sir</P>

burier
04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
I think the most clutch football player is by default the most clutch player in American sports and Eli is clearly the most clutch football player.

G-Man67
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I think the most clutch football player is by default the most clutch player in American sports and Eli is clearly the most clutch football player.</P>

i like that theory ... when the game is on the line ... Eli plays like he is in his backyard needing a TD before momma Manning yells out the window that supper is ready</P>

ralphpal
04-24-2012, 06:24 PM
In football or all sports . Yes he is very clutch but so are some other players .

JJC7301
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
HA! That is great.

Judging # 1 across all sports is tough, but Eli deserves to be up there.

ShakeNBake
04-24-2012, 11:39 PM
HA! That is great.

I agree its tough to judge across all sports, there are so many clutch athletes. Eli definitely is in the mix with guys like Jeter, Kobe, Messi and Woods though.

Rat_bastich
04-25-2012, 05:58 AM
HA! That is great.

I agree its tough to judge across all sports, there are so many clutch athletes. Eli definitely is in the mix with guys like Jeter, Kobe, Messi and Woods though.

I was going to say(I actually am I guess) Jeter. When the Yankees need a hit, catch or a run you can usually count on him. Granderson is getting there now too.

bigblue58
04-25-2012, 09:38 AM
It's ironic when you consider that his oft criticized demeanor on the field is the single biggest reason why he IS so clutch!
High strung emotional QB's have never been good in crunch time situations, that's why the debate about Eli's demeanor has always been so patently absurd.
I would stop short of saying most clutch in sports though, because Eli can't hit a baseball and Derek Jeter can't play NFL QB. The different sports have too many differences to say any athlete is more clutch than another athlete playing a completely different sport.
I'm not a very big fan of "greatest" lists in team sports { football specifically) anyway, because they are subjective and pointless.
Luck has played as big a part in great sports moments as skill or design. The great part about sports, is that you don't care if it's luck or skill that got you a win or a ring...as long as the luck was on YOUR team's side!

ralphpal
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
How about Mariano also since no one mention him yet .

nygsb42champs
04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
He is amazingly clutch.

gumby742
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot. Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of. Yet, he did it. Individual sports will also hold more weight imo.

GameTime
04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot.* Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of.* Yet, he did it.* Individual sports will also hold more weight imo.
what about the Golden Bear..Jack Nicholas. Woods hasnt eclipsed his majors win record so wouldn't he be more clutch????

burier
04-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot.* Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of.* Yet, he did it.* Individual sports will also hold more weight imo.

First of all I believe we're talking about what's going on currently which removes Tiger Woods from the conversation.

Also Tiger Woods plays golf which is a skill game but certainly not a sport. When he can get that ball in the hole with a 270 pound psychopath running at him then we'll talk.

Golf doesn't count. If it wasn't for the ball it would just be walking.

gumby742
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot. Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of. Yet, he did it. Individual sports will also hold more weight imo. what about the Golden Bear..Jack Nicholas. Woods hasnt eclipsed his majors win record so wouldn't he be more clutch????</P>

As burier said, Tiger may no longer be in the equation due to his recent performances, but before the whole scandal he was winning majors/tournaments at a blistering pace - enough to shatter the Golden Bear's records. The pace at which he was winning was rediculous.</P>

I don't htink Golf is a sport either, but it seems like the general public does so i included it. </P>

My second pick would have been Roger Federer, but he's also past his prime. Now, I don't know. But football imo holds the least amount of weight, because it's much more a team game then say basketball, baseball, etc.</P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot.* Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of.* Yet, he did it.* Individual sports will also hold more weight imo. what about the Golden Bear..Jack Nicholas. Woods hasnt eclipsed his majors win record so wouldn't he be more clutch????</P>

As burier said, Tiger may no longer be in the equation due to his recent performances, but before the whole scandal he was winning majors/tournaments at a blistering pace - enough to shatter the Golden Bear's records.* The pace at which he was winning was rediculous.</P>

I don't htink Golf is a sport either, but it seems like the general public does so i included it.* </P>

My second pick would have been Roger Federer, but he's also past his prime.* Now, I don't know.* But football imo holds the least amount of weight, because it's much more a team game then say basketball, baseball, etc.</P>

at one point tiger was winning over 56% of every tournie he'd enter...

i dunno bout either woods or federer bc clutch, to me, means the win is gonna come down to the wire and you have to will yourslef to make the play that wins the game.

federer was winning in straight sets for so long, woods when he was winning avg. like 5 strokes ahead of 2nd, it wasnt coming down to the wire. i dont believe tiger has ever won a tournie when trailing heading to the final round, he was just automatic when he got a lead...

i'd have to go michael jordan (all time), mariano rivera (bc if he messes up the yanks lose), eli (no need to explain that one) and adam vinateri (made some of the biggest, gw clutch kicks in history)

edit- if i had to pick a tennis player i'd say aggasi. he was playing and winning in the era of the big time servers (sampras, ivonesivic sp?) and he'd do it and changed the game with his return getting clutch breaks

burier
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot.* Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of.* Yet, he did it.* Individual sports will also hold more weight imo. what about the Golden Bear..Jack Nicholas. Woods hasnt eclipsed his majors win record so wouldn't he be more clutch????</P>

As burier said, Tiger may no longer be in the equation due to his recent performances, but before the whole scandal he was winning majors/tournaments at a blistering pace - enough to shatter the Golden Bear's records.* The pace at which he was winning was rediculous.</P>

I don't htink Golf is a sport either, but it seems like the general public does so i included it.* </P>

My second pick would have been Roger Federer, but he's also past his prime.* Now, I don't know.* But football imo holds the least amount of weight, because it's much more a team game then say basketball, baseball, etc.</P>

Holy ****....we agreed

gumby742
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Tiger Woods is/was the most clutch player in all of sports - by a long shot. Winning tournament after tournament in such a high precision game like golf, is unheard of. Yet, he did it. Individual sports will also hold more weight imo. what about the Golden Bear..Jack Nicholas. Woods hasnt eclipsed his majors win record so wouldn't he be more clutch????</P>

As burier said, Tiger may no longer be in the equation due to his recent performances, but before the whole scandal he was winning majors/tournaments at a blistering pace - enough to shatter the Golden Bear's records. The pace at which he was winning was rediculous.</P>

I don't htink Golf is a sport either, but it seems like the general public does so i included it. </P>

My second pick would have been Roger Federer, but he's also past his prime. Now, I don't know. But football imo holds the least amount of weight, because it's much more a team game then say basketball, baseball, etc.</P>

Holy ****....we agreed</P>

</P>

Actually we don't. If I had to choose a football player that is the most clutch, it'd probably be a kicker. Haha.</P>

NYtoSanDiego
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
my defintion of clutch is a game winning drive for a SB or game winning drive in meaningful game, not a regular season week 2 game.

my definition of clutch is game 7 of W.S. 3/2 count game tied bottom of the 9th and clutch hit to drive the runner home for the championship.

NBA game 7 Finals with 10secs down 2pts and he makes the basket to send it to overtime.

you can practice two minute drills, BP and 1000 jump shots before a game. nothing can compare to when everything is on the line and you have to perform.