PDA

View Full Version : My first (and probably last) mock draft

NY_Eli
04-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Thought I'd take a stab at this. Feel free to flame away

Round 1 32 - Doug Martin RB
- I know JR's motto is 'BPA', but even if he isn't the best player on his board at 32, this guy can come in and make an impact right away at a position of dire need. I just don't see the giants relying on an unhealthy Bradshaw and Ware/Scott to carry the load in 2012. With Eli Manning in his prime, I don't see JR passing up the opportunity to fill a big hole on the offense.

Round 2 63- Mike Adams OT
-Not sure he'll actually drop this far, but if he does he would be excellent value at number 63, regardless of his MJ history.

Round 3 94 - Markelle Martin S
- Again not sure he'll drop this far, but before his injury he showed great promise. BPA.

Round 4 127 - Omar Bolden CB
- Another BPA, I like what I've seen from this kid. Even though we have a lot of DBs on the roster, I don't think JR would pass him up at this spot.

Round 4 131 - Jonathan Massaquoi OLB/DE
- Can't have too many pass rushers right?

Round 6 201 - Desmond Wynn G
- BPA for much needed depth.

Round 7 239 - Akiem Hicks DT
- Maybe it's just because his name rhymes with Hakeem Nicks, but I think this guy actually has decent upside for a Mr. Irrelevant.

spags4prez
04-21-2012, 11:43 PM
I like it.

DM is one of the half a dozen guys I'd be happy with in the first...he's gonna be a borderline pro-bowler for years IMO. Adams at 63 is potentially a steal, as is Massaquoi in the 4th (will he be there then? he's tough to project). No TE worries me a bit, but I know where you're coming from. My last mock had us picking up a project TE late.

I'd probably try to grab best WR available with pick 4a because I want to make sure we have 3 solid guys moving forward and there will likely be talent available (Broyles, Streeter, McNutt, Childs, etc), but if you see something in this Bolden kid and you think either JJ, Barden or Hixon will step up and be a good #3, then I'm not gonna argue too much. You gotta trust your eye.

NY_Eli
04-21-2012, 11:49 PM
I like it.

DM is one of the half a dozen guys I'd be happy with in the first...he's gonna be a borderline pro-bowler for years IMO. Adams at 63 is potentially a steal, as is Massaquoi in the 4th (will he be there then? he's tough to project). No TE worries me a bit, but I know where you're coming from. My last mock had us picking up a project TE late.

I'd probably try to grab best WR available with pick 4a because I want to make sure we have 3 solid guys moving forward and there will likely be talent available (Broyles, Streeter, McNutt, Childs, etc), but if you see something in this Bolden kid and you think either JJ, Barden or Hixon will step up and be a good #3, then I'm not gonna argue too much. You gotta trust your eye.

Yeah, I really think Bennett is the answer right now, and I think Pascoe can fill in as number 2 until Ballard returns.

I also have faith that Jernigan or Hixon will step up as the number 3.

But I could definitely see them picking up a TE or WR in the later rounds anyway. I would just be surprised to see them pick a guy like Fleener in the first when they just picked up a guy with great potential playing behind an all-pro his whole career.

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM

- I know JR's motto is 'BPA', but even if he isn't the best player on his board at 32, this guy can come in and make an impact right away at a position of dire need. I just don't see the giants relying on an unhealthy Bradshaw and Ware/Scott to carry the load in 2012. With Eli Manning in his prime, I don't see JR passing up the opportunity to fill a big hole on the offense.

-Not sure he'll actually drop this far, but if he does he would be excellent value at number 63, regardless of his MJ history.

- Again not sure he'll drop this far, but before his injury he showed great promise. BPA.

- Another BPA, I like what I've seen from this kid. Even though we have a lot of DBs on the roster, I don't think JR would pass him up at this spot.

- Maybe it's just because his name rhymes with Hakeem Nicks, but I think this guy actually has decent upside for a Mr. Irrelevant.

I'd rather see us get a TE with the 3rd round pick ala Ladarius Green.

Otherwise I like your personel choices. [b]

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM

- Maybe it's just because his name rhymes with Hakeem Nicks, but I think this guy actually has decent upside for a Mr. Irrelevant.Not familiar with the safety you picked in the 3rd, but other than that, Id be pretty damed happy with that draft