PDA

View Full Version : So is Goff even an option to be resigned anymore?

NYG4lifeNYK
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
We have ample LBers so I'd assume Goff is out especially if he doesn't want the deal we offered him.

Haven't heard anything other than he had a few visits from other bottom feeder teams

slipknottin
04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Hes an option until he signs elsewhere.

There has to be a reason he hasent signed anywhere yet though, could be an injury issue

NYG4lifeNYK
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM

There has to be a reason he hasent signed anywhere yet though, could be an injury issue

That's what I'm thinking.. very odd he's a pretty good LB for no one to even bite

jomo
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Hes an option until he signs elsewhere. There has to be a reason he hasent signed anywhere yet though, could be an injury issueIt could be his game film slip. [;)]

B&RWarrior
04-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Goff is a nonissue.The guy is very replaceable.</P>

Mod_C
04-22-2012, 06:48 PM
His injury has been reported as more serious than originally thought.

G-Men Surg.
04-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Really , more than the ACL? Where did you read it bro .

RoanokeFan
04-22-2012, 07:40 PM

I do remember seeing a small snippet in a story when Rivers was signed. I'll see if I can drag it up, but no promises [;)]

Edit: Can't seem to locate now. I think it was just part of a sentence in an article about the Rivers and it could well have been just the author's musing as to why the GIANTS seem to be not interested in Goff. I does seem safe to say Goff will probably not be back in a GIANTS' uniform this season.

giantsfan420
04-22-2012, 08:13 PM

I do remember seeing a small snippet in a story when Rivers was signed.* I'll see if I can drag it up, but no promises* [;)]

Edit:* Can't seem to locate now.* I think it was just part of a sentence in an article about the Rivers and it could well have been just the author's musing as to why the GIANTS seem to be not interested in Goff.* I does seem safe to say Goff will probably not be back in a GIANTS' uniform this season.

i remember what ur referring to. it was a minor point. it was about how signing rivers and jr said boley played MLB in nickel packages and that they'll see if rivers or boley can play at mlb

JJC7301
04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm not a big Goff guy, but I'll take him over Jones or Peysinger. I'm not done with either of those players, but I think that Goff has SOME value.

MLB's seem hard to find in a 4-3 D and while I like Blackburn more, I'd like Goff as depth.

And I do NOT like the idea of Boley play MLB -- let him stay at OLB which is what he excels at.

NY_Eli
04-22-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not a big Goff guy, but I'll take him over Jones or Peysinger. I'm not done with either of those players, but I think that Goff has SOME value.

MLB's seem hard to find in a 4-3 D and while I like Blackburn more, I'd like Goff as depth.

And I do NOT like the idea of Boley play MLB -- let him stay at OLB which is what he excels at.

Really? How can you be sure Goff is better than Jones or Paysinger will ever be. They were rookies last year. Paysinger hasn't even taken a defensive snap yet. A little early I think to say they have no value.

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 12:16 AM

Really? How can you be sure Goff is better than Jones or Paysinger will ever be. They were rookies last year. Paysinger hasn't even taken a defensive snap yet. A little early I think to say they have no value.

he was saying that he'd take goff over them right now. not that goff is better than those two will ever be, hence "i'm not done with those players..."

I'd like Goff for depth as well, I think we'll re0sign him once he's healthy. I wouldnt mind Blackburn or Goff starting at MLB, but to be honest I'm hoping Rivers can earn the starting job.

our lb core was pretty terrible for most of last season, but played much better when it mattered most. and with the depth we have and boley/kiwi as our starting OLB, i really like our lb core...

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 12:17 AM

I do remember seeing a small snippet in a story when Rivers was signed.* I'll see if I can drag it up, but no promises* [;)]

Edit:* Can't seem to locate now.* I think it was just part of a sentence in an article about the Rivers and it could well have been just the author's musing as to why the GIANTS seem to be not interested in Goff.* I does seem safe to say Goff will probably not be back in a GIANTS' uniform this season.

i remember what ur referring to. it was a minor point. it was about how signing rivers and jr said boley played MLB in nickel packages and that they'll see if rivers or boley can play at mlb
What a shame, Goff was coming along and was a classic case of how the GIANTS develop their players , pitiful it all ended with an injury and he seems like a good guy. Let's see how it all works out for him when the dust settles.

allentown PA
04-23-2012, 12:24 AM

he was saying that he'd take goff over them right now. not that goff is better than those two will ever be, hence "i'm not done with those players..."

I'd like Goff for depth as well, I think we'll re0sign him once he's healthy. I wouldnt mind Blackburn or Goff starting at MLB, but to be honest I'm hoping Rivers can earn the starting job.

our lb core was pretty terrible for most of last season, but played much better when it mattered most. and with the depth we have and boley/kiwi as our starting OLB, i really like our lb core...

agreed about goff..is i dont think paysinger is a Mike anyway.

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 02:05 AM

I do remember seeing a small snippet in a story when Rivers was signed. I'll see if I can drag it up, but no promises [;)]

Edit: Can't seem to locate now. I think it was just part of a sentence in an article about the Rivers and it could well have been just the author's musing as to why the GIANTS seem to be not interested in Goff. I does seem safe to say Goff will probably not be back in a GIANTS' uniform this season.

What a shame, Goff was coming along and was a classic case of how the GIANTS develop their players , pitiful it all ended with an injury and he seems like a good guy. Let's see how it all works out for him when the dust settles.

You never know with Reese. The longer it takes Goff to find a home, the easier it will be to bring him back if healthy.

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 02:24 AM

You never know with Reese.* The longer it takes Goff to find a home, the easier it will be to bring him back if healthy.

Another year with alot of question marks at ILB. I have a hunch that Reese is going to go year with ILB by committee . That been said it can change in a blink of an eye If Dont'a slips and Reese goes after him.

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 03:13 AM

You never know with Reese.* The longer it takes Goff to find a home, the easier it will be to bring him back if healthy.

my thought as well. i could see reese offering him a "get healthy and be our depth MLB with the chance to start" one year contract. then, reassess him following next season.

miked1958
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Right now no one will make a move on him (including the giants) untill after the draft. Its a wait and see attitude for all 32 teams. Why take a chance on a guy with a HUGE ? mark due to his injury when you may pick up someone in the draft as good or better. </P>

</P>

</P>

miked1958
04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
On second thought it may even be after all the teams bring in and sign all the undrafted FAs before Goff gets a shot

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM

You never know with Reese. The longer it takes Goff to find a home, the easier it will be to bring him back if healthy.

Another year with alot of question marks at ILB. I have a hunch that Reese is going to go year with ILB by committee . That been said it can change in a blink of an eye If Dont'a slips and Reese goes after him.

Reese seems to believe that Boley can handle it with Rivers in the picture. Boley did call the signals last year and he's always been willnig to do whatever wa asked of him.

nygsb42champs
04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
I do not see where he would fit in here anymore.

Eli TO Shockey
04-23-2012, 10:40 AM
It's nothing against goff, it's just that JR has filled his new ACL quota for the year.

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM

Reese seems to believe that Boley can handle it with Rivers in the picture.* Boley did call the signals last year and he's always been willnig to do whatever wa asked of him.

I think that Boley for sure can handle the play calling and can even man up the middle but IMO its time to find a definitive answer at ILB, it will be a shame taking Boley out of the WLB position because he has flourish playing in there and in moving him then leaving a hole to fill. JWill can fill in but then depth becomes thin. All I'm saying its time to have a MAN in the middle and maybe this is the time to plug the hole thru the draft or with someone in the actual roster.

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Reese seems to believe that Boley can handle it with Rivers in the picture. Boley did call the signals last year and he's always been willnig to do whatever wa asked of him.

I think that Boley for sure can handle the play calling and can even man up the middle but IMO its time to find a definitive answer at ILB, it will be a shame taking Boley out of the WLB position because he has flourish playing in there and in moving him then leaving a hole to fill. JWill can fill in but then depth becomes thin. All I'm saying its time to have a MAN in the middle and maybe this is the time to plug the hole thru the draft or with someone in the actual roster.

We still have Greg Jones and Williams and I really liked Williams play last year. This season we have Kiwanuka, Boley, Rivers, Blackburn, Williams, Jones, Herzlich, Paysinger, Tracy, and Sintim (DeOssie ST) going into camp. I think that gives Williams and Jones a great opportunity to continue developing while not putting all of our eggs in their baskets. I doubt we keep them all so there is going to be some interesting competition to see who makes the final 53 +8.

jomo
04-23-2012, 11:53 AM

And I do NOT like the idea of Boley play MLB -- let him stay at OLB which is what he excels at.I agree with all of this but in the end, the market decides whether or not he has value and right now the market isn't speaking very loudly. This is classic JR stuff where a player and his agent are living in a dream world. Rather than JR trying to sell the bad news about what a guy is worth, he allows other teams to do that for him. Then we get to sign him at the right price (or not). Seems like a perfect approach to me.

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 02:23 PM

Supposedly his ACL didn't heal correctly.

JJC7301
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM

agreed about goff..is i dont think paysinger is a Mike anyway.
I'm just talking about the number of players that we could actually have in the LB corp. If we were to keep Goff, and with Rivers now on board, at least 1 LB will be tossed and it'll most likely be Jones or Peysinger.

Call me crazy, but I'd still take a chance on Vontaze Burfict with a 3rd or 4th round pick. I know that his value had dropped considerably, but I'd still take him fairly high. I'd love to see what he could POSSIBLY be molded into on the defending SB-champ team with plenty of guys who have multiple rings.

miked1958
04-23-2012, 07:02 PM

Supposedly his ACL didn't heal correctly.I hadn't heard that. If that is the cash will have to sign for the vet min or sit out the season.

miked1958
04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
And most likely if it's true it didn't heal correctly he won't make the cut on any nlf roster