PDA

View Full Version : Lavonte David is becoming more intriguing...

Shockeyitus
04-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Boley moving to the middle opens up an opportunity for JWill to start.

JWill, Boley, David... Makes for the fastest, instinctive and quality starting LB Corp in the NFL.

Jon6777
04-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Probably the smallest too. Would be great for playing passing teams and put in kiwi for Jwill for running teams.

Neverend
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
David is just amazing, love the guy. shame too, not a lot of people are overly high on him around here and all over the social web. I understand he doesnt have great size/bulk but the kid has tremendous instincts and athleticism

what separates him from a guy like bobby wagner is his experience playing man coverage. he has a track record of covering TEs like say a michael egnew or RBs downfield like demarco murray. unlike a guy like wagner who just does a "meh" job dropping in zone coverage against average competition for the most part

slipknottin
04-23-2012, 12:59 AM
And Rivers was brought in not to play?

Jon6777
04-23-2012, 01:09 AM
And we still have herzlich and Greg jones who could be good players. Linebacker is looking pretty deep this year.

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 01:21 AM

JWill, Boley, David... Makes for the fastest, instinctive and quality starting LB Corp in the NFL.
In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.

gmen0820
04-23-2012, 01:25 AM

In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.Williams played it pretty much all last year.

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 03:08 AM

In that hypothetical lineup how's playing SLB ? I don't think either David or JWill are well suites for playing the strong side.Williams played it pretty much all last year.

In base defense Kiwi played the SLB and JWill played in nickel D with Boley along side.

Captain Chaos
04-23-2012, 06:47 AM
And Rivers was brought in not to play?</P>

</P>

Exactly, not sure this will be a direction the G-men will go....</P>

gmen0820
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM

In base defense Kiwi played the SLB and JWill played in nickel D with Boley along side.And throughout the year, Williams played roughly 50% of the snaps. All of them either from the MIKE or SAM. Boley always played WILL.

And yes Kiwi did play the SAM, but I'm only responding to your question of who'd play SAM if David-Boley-Williams were on the field.

Redeyejedi
04-23-2012, 09:18 AM
David is a nice player but another WLB to me doesnt make much sense. Giants primarily play Nickel anyway.

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM

In base defense Kiwi played the SLB and JWill played in nickel D with Boley along side.And throughout the year, Williams played roughly 50% of the snaps. All of them either from the MIKE or SAM. Boley always played WILL.

And yes Kiwi did play the SAM, but I'm only responding to your question of who'd play SAM if David-Boley-Williams were on the field.

You are right . I guess my head keeps spinning with all those formations and just miss the good all days when LBs played 3 downs, that been said its nearly impossible to find a "complete LB " this days with all the complex passing offense in today's game.

jomo
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Could David be viewed more as a replacement for Grant? More like a PF safety playing down in the box?

slipknottin
04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Could David be viewed more as a replacement for Grant? More like a PF safety playing down in the box?

Doubtful, David did in college exactly what Boley does for the giants. Grants role is different, even as his hybrid LB role he still spends a lot of time dropping into deep coverage. Dont see that with David.

myles2424
04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
God forbid we upgrade our LBs....
You people do realize there's a extremely good chance Kiwi won't be a Giant come 2013???
Boley eventually won't be around either due to cap space...
& We literally don't know who our starter is at MLB....