PDA

View Full Version : PFF - Draft Grader: New York Giants

NY_Eli
04-23-2012, 02:05 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/22/draft-grader-new-york-giants/

nycsportzfan
04-23-2012, 02:14 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/22/draft-grader-new-york-giants/ Its to bad they didn't add in UDF's signed.. THen u got Victor Cruz and Henry Hynoski to add to the list.. If u go back farther, we got more talented picks.. I think Linval's turning into a Stud pick, as i thought he would.. He was the guy i wanted in the 2nd rd, and the only reason he didn't get a ton of snaps as a rook, was our depth.... We always have really good drafts, andthere is quite a few picks on there, that haven't reached full capabilities or we don't know there full capabilities yet..</P>

RagTime Blue
04-23-2012, 02:54 AM
It's true they may have overlooked some potential we have, but they were also quite kind to Clint Sintim and Phillip Dillard.

Looking forward to continued improvement by Jerry Reese, Marc Ross, &amp; Crew.

DragonSoul
04-23-2012, 04:41 AM
apparently I'm not the only one who didn't think T2 was the player made him out to be. Web has been better.

Terrell Thomas, CB (63rd overall pick in 2008): A talented cornerback, Thomas hasnít always had the best of times in New York. His excellent 2009 was followed up by a pretty poor 2010 (despite the picks), whilst missing his entire 2011 season on injured reserve. If he can find his sophomore season form in 2012 this is warrants a positive.

nycsportzfan
04-23-2012, 10:06 AM
apparently I'm not the only one who didn't think T2 was the player made him out to be. Web has been better. Terrell Thomas, CB (63rd overall pick in 2008): A talented cornerback, Thomas hasnít always had the best of times in New York. His excellent 2009 was followed up by a pretty poor 2010 (despite the picks), whilst missing his entire 2011 season on injured reserve. If he can find his sophomore season form in 2012 this is warrants a positive. Terrell Thomas has been more good then bad, and Corey Webster was a eary 2nd rder, while Terrell Thomas was a borderline 3rd rd pick, being last pick of RD 2... Thomas has been our best playmaker, but gamblers lose sometimes, but hes certainly brought a diffrent intangible to our team being able to make or force a turnover..

nycsportzfan
04-23-2012, 10:37 AM
It's true they may have overlooked some potential we have, but they were also quite kind to Clint Sintim and Phillip Dillard.

Looking forward to continued improvement by Jerry Reese, Marc Ross, &amp; Crew.
not to mention, if it went back a bit more, it'd have a great 1st Rd selection late in RD 1 with Kiwi, who at the times stock slipped considerably, but we still gave em a shot, and Aaron Ross ended up being a 2time champion, even though he had some rough patches, and Bradshaw in RD 7, boss in RD 5, and i think he kinda undervalued boht Joseph and Goff, one who is just nipping his potential in Joseph, who really became a clog in the middle of that DLINE, and goff, who as a 5th rd pick, won the job, and played pretty well, espeiclaly as a run stuffer, and the yr he was so-so, the entire defense was crud, so there was really no way to show your goods on that paticular defense.. Beckum has been a no-show for the most part, but he has started to come along, and made some big plays for us last season.. Also, like i said, the UDF's we've signed should be part of our draft grouping, as we've signed some great ones with Cruz, hynoski, and Ballard , and Bruce Johnson leading the way...

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I think they got it about right with the exception of TT. What should also be said that we knew when we drated Joseph and Beatty that they were project players that weren't immediately going to contribute. </P>

TT was a major contributor.The jury's still out on whether Prince conintues or ends the streak of nailing the No. 1 pick.</P>

Are draft results in the years assessedare about quality not quantity. We don't have a lot of players that make a great impact, but the playersthat docome throughare true difference makers and not just marginal contributors- game changers.</P>

nycsportzfan
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I think they got it about right with the exception of TT. What should also be said that we knew when we drated Joseph and Beatty that they were project players that weren't immediately going to contribute. </P>

TT was a major contributor.The jury's still out on whether Prince conintues or ends the streak of nailing the No. 1 pick.</P>

Are draft results in the years assessedare about quality not quantity. We don't have a lot of players that make a great impact, but the playersthat docome throughare true difference makers and not just marginal contributors- game changers.</P>

Thats what people don't understand about the draft(not meaning you), is that its about finding not only your big diffrence makers(nicks, JPP,), but also your GUTS if u will.. THe guys that make the team a TEAM.. The John Goffs, Kevin Boss's, Bradshaws, Linval's, Manninghams, etc...</P>

Plenty of teams can find diffrence makers in rd 1, its finding the guys that complete your team in the 3rd-7th range that get you over the top.. Also, hitting on a UDF or 2 helps...</P>

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Thats what people don't understand about the draft(not meaning you), is that its about finding not only your big diffrence makers(nicks, JPP,), but also your GUTS if u will.. THe guys that make the team a TEAM.. The John Goffs, Kevin Boss's, Bradshaws, Linval's, Manninghams, etc...</P>

Plenty of teams can find diffrence makers in rd 1, its finding the guys that complete your team in the 3rd-7th range that get you over the top.. Also, hitting on a UDF or 2 helps...</P>

</P>

I agree with you that you want to build the "guts" of your team through the draft. If you look at the 2008-2010 drafts we didn't get a lot in the way of guts. I'm counting TT, KPand MM as difference makers. So the only guts players we got in those three drafts that have produced is Goff and Joseph.</P>