PDA

View Full Version : Draft Game

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
OK fellas. The boards are friggin dead. Its the curse of being SB champs. not much to whine about.</P>

Maybe we can play "Should draft, will draft".</P>

Started this in our thread.</P>

</P>

Giants first round pick.</P>

Should draft: David Wilson</P>

Will draft: Chandler Jones</P>

</P>

Anyone disagree with Good Ol' Morehead? If so it might not be the first time.</P>

Coach Carter
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Let's argue about Osi. I could go all day with that one. Unfortunately I know nothing about college ball so really can't comment about whom the Giants should draft.

I will say this, some folks have us drafting Dont'a Hightower but I just don't see it. The days of Levon Kirkland and Jeremiah Trotter manning the middle are long gone, it isn't a running league anymore. No need for a stand-up nose guard at MLB.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Let's argue about Osi. I could go all day with that one. Unfortunately I know nothing about college ball so really can't comment about whom the Giants should draft. I will say this, some folks have us drafting Dont'a Hightower but I just don't see it. The days of Levon Kirkland and Jeremiah Trotter manning the middle are long gone, it isn't a running league anymore. No need for a stand-up nose guard at MLB.</P>

You may not NEED to run the ball, but it helps a lot. Our running game is very shaky right now. Last year we struggled there and Eli almost got killed a couple times. (good thing he is made of synthetic soft tissue and has no skeleton)</P>

My hope BTW is that Osi is traded on draft day. Thats why i think we might lean to Jones.</P>

I think though that the running game should be addressed both with O line help and RB help in the draft.</P>

egyptian420
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Should draft (or at least who I HOPE we draft): Doug Martin
Will draft: Jonathan Martin

G-Men Surg.
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Should draft (or at least who I HOPE we draft): Doug Martin
Will draft: Jonathan Martin

I will not be a happy camper if Big Blue draft Jonathan Martin but I get it , the value at the end of the 1st is great if Martin or Adams still available.

So, I hope they draft Devon Still.
And will draft, Coby Fleener.

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Should draft: Levonte David, Brockers</P>

Will draft: Mike "Legalize it" Adams</P>

I think Brockers could fall with his lack of sacks and pass rush skills, if not I think at pick 32 Levonte David will be the best player available. He's not a need as he's not a MLB and we already have Boley, J Will,and Kiwi. I think he has potential to be a star at WLB. He's a 3 down LB and a true football. player. I don't have a problem with drafting greatness to replace something good.</P>

Coach Carter
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs.

Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft.

I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside.

And I want a bruising running back.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.</P>

In a heartbeat.</P>

Osi is a part time player for us. He's the third best DE on the team. It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie. (by the way I said that I want a RB). Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space. Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.</P>

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi. I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility. I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go. Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract. But I'd prefer he be traded now.</P>

And you mention that he's been playing hurt. Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30. Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?</P>

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and see what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.</P>

In a heartbeat.</P>

Osi is a part time player for us. He's the third best DE on the team. It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie. (by the way I said that I want a RB). Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space. Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.</P>

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi. I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility. I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go. Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract. But I'd prefer he be traded now.</P>

And you mention that he's been playing hurt. Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30. Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?</P>

</P>

Osi the third best DE on this team and still a top DE in the NFL. He's a starter on almost any other team than the Giants. He's easily our best edge rusher and a game changer with the way he can cause FFs. </P>

Osi wants to start more than anything else. I think that will be what stops him from resigning with the Giants. MM was a third round pick. If we can get a an MM type of player for Osi then I'm for a trade. It's not like we don't have Kiwi, which is not much of a drop off versus the pass and an improvement in run defense.</P>

Coach Carter
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

Osi is a part time player for us.* He's the third best DE on the team.* It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie.* (by the way I said that I want a RB).* Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space.* Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.</P>

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi.* I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility.* I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go.* Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract.* But I'd prefer he be traded now.</P>

And you mention that he's been playing hurt.* Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30.* Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?</P>

Yes I do. Osi had the hip procedure one year and the knee the next. Those were his two major ailments. With that resolved, you will see an element he did not have the last two years - the chase. Osi could not run after he did his initial burst up-field.

Also, you have to stop with this "third best defensive end" nonsense. Osi is being compared to Tuck and JPP, these guys are (all around) all-pro and possibly future hall of fame defensive ends. Yet Osi is still the best PASS RUSHER on the Giants. It isn't like being third best overall defensive end is an insult, it is all relative.

Unless you work for the Giants, I don't want to hear anything about cap space, where there is a will, there is a way.

The Giants got to and won the superbowl because of their pass rush and it will remain that way.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

Yes I do. Osi had the hip procedure one year and the knee the next. Those were his two major ailments. With that resolved, you will see an element he did not have the last two years - the chase. Osi could not run after he did his initial burst up-field. Also, you have to stop with this "third best defensive end" nonsense. Osi is being compared to Tuck and JPP, these guys are (all around) all-pro and possibly future hall of fame defensive ends. Yet Osi is still the best PASS RUSHER on the Giants. It isn't like being third best overall defensive end is an insult, it is all relative. Unless you work for the Giants, I don't want to hear anything about cap space, where there is a will, there is a way. The Giants got to and won the superbowl because of their pass rush and it will remain that way.</P>

Numbers are numbers. the cap is what it is.</P>

"Where there's a will there's a way" is fantasy. You have to start cutting people in order to increase your cap space. We have reconfigured all the contracts we can.</P>

Osi is a great pass rusher. Buts thats all he is. He's one dimentional. And he plays hard when he feels like it as well.</P>

I really don't want to get into an argument about Osi. This thread is about picking who you want in the draft vs. who you think we'll draft.</P>

Do you have a position on this or not?</P>

TuckYou
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Should draft BPA</P>

Will draft BPA</P>

While I drink a nice draft.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Should draft BPA</P>

Will draft BPA</P>

</P>

Come on. Put it on the line. Make a call.</P>

Coach Carter
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

Osi is a part time player for us.* He's the third best DE on the team.* It isn't a trade of Osi for a rookie.* (by the way I said that I want a RB).* Its an opportunity to free up almost $5MM in cap space.* Money that could be used to sign Victor Cruz and also help with room to sign the draftees and other FA's.</P>

And we don't have the cap room to resign Osi.* I don't think (despite what the team line may be) its even a possibility.* I think its either trade Osi now, or keep him for the last year of his deal and then let him go.* Its not the end of the world if he stays and plays out his contract.* But I'd prefer he be traded now.</P>

And you mention that he's been playing hurt.* Well he's hurt a lot and now he's passed 30.* Do you think an older version of Osi will be healthier than the younger version was?</P>

Yes I do. Osi had the hip procedure one year and the knee the next. Those were his two major ailments. With that resolved, you will see an element he did not have the last two years - the chase. Osi could not run after he did his initial burst up-field. Also, you have to stop with this "third best defensive end" nonsense. Osi is being compared to Tuck and JPP, these guys are (all around) all-pro and possibly future hall of fame defensive ends. Yet Osi is still the best PASS RUSHER on the Giants. It isn't like being third best overall defensive end is an insult, it is all relative. Unless you work for the Giants, I don't want to hear anything about cap space, where there is a will, there is a way. The Giants got to and won the superbowl because of their pass rush and it will remain that way.</P>

Numbers are numbers.* the cap is what it is.</P>

"Where there's a will there's a way" is fantasy. You have to start cutting people in order to increase your cap space.* We have reconfigured all the contracts we can.</P>

Osi is a great pass rusher.* Buts thats all he is.* He's one dimentional.* And he plays hard when he feels like it as well.</P>

I really don't want to get into an argument about Osi.* This thread is about picking who you want in the draft vs. who you think we'll draft.</P>

I want to keep Osi, cut/trade Kiwi and draft a guard, tackle or center/guard. Osi being one dimensional is an oversimplification of his abilities. Stopping the run does not mean you make the tackle. Also, Osi lines up vs the best athlete on the o-line on most plays.

When you make cap space, you don't get rid of your best players.

A passing league means more passing, which means more need for a pass rusher. Pay the man, and stop with the hate.

buddy33
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
If they don't think he will be on the team next year it might be worth it to trade Osi.

XxBigWhitxX
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Should draft: Jeffery, Hightower, or Worthy

Will draft: Nick Perry

but I'm ok with that too :)

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

"Where there's a will there's a way" is fantasy. You have to start cutting people in order to increase your cap space. We have reconfigured all the contracts we can.</P>

Osi is a great pass rusher. Buts thats all he is. He's one dimentional. And he plays hard when he feels like it as well.</P>

I really don't want to get into an argument about Osi. This thread is about picking who you want in the draft vs. who you think we'll draft.</P>

I want to keep Osi, cut/trade Kiwi and draft a guard, tackle or center/guard. Osi being one dimensional is an oversimplification of his abilities. Stopping the run does not mean you make the tackle. Also, Osi lines up vs the best athlete on the o-line on most plays. When you make cap space, you don't get rid of your best players. A passing league means more passing, which means more need for a pass rusher. Pay the man, and stop with the hate.</P>

I also think Osi hurts JPP's productivity. JPP needs to be at right DE. Osi moves him over to left end. I also am not crazy about Tuck at DT on passing downs.</P>

Keeping Osi represents a misallocation of talant. Trade him, get cap space and a third round pick.</P>

The long term future of the team with benefit. Plus the dope has already refused to show up for team workouts. He IS under contract you know. The perpetual "problem child" with continue through this season.</P>

TheKraken
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
OK fellas.* The boards are friggin dead.* Its the curse of being SB champs.* not much to whine about.</P>

*</P>

Should draft:* David Wilson</P>

Will draft:* Chandler Jones</P>

*</P>

Anyone disagree with Good Ol' Morehead?* If so it might not be the first time.</P>

I absolutely agree about david wilson, both that I would love to have him, and that I highly doubt we pick him, or doug martin, who would be my close second choice. It seems like nobody on these boards likes wilson all that much despite our lack of excitement at the RB position (no knock on bradshaw, I love the guy but lets be real), and despite the fact that him and martin seem to be very close in talent, but it seems that most people on these boards that would like an RB high unanimously want martin over wilson.

Not so sure I agree about chandler jones though. I think there is a good chance a relatively highly touted DT or OT falls to us and we end up taking them.

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Should Draft: Coby Fleener</P>

Will Draft: Devon Still</P>

How about we add a new category: All bets are off if _________________ is sitting there at32. (try to keep it realistic . . . . )</P>

I'll start the new category . . . . . All bets are off if Kendall Wright is sitting there at 32. </P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM

How about we add a new category: All bets are off if _________________ is sitting there at32. (try to keep it realistic . . . . )</P>

I'll start the new category . . . . . All bets are off if Kendall Wright is sitting there at 32. </P>

</P>

All bets off if Jonathan Martin is sitting there at 32.</P>

</P>

PS: I would be dissapointed if we drafted Fleener (have we discussed this before?) The Bennett signing plus our lack of use of the TE in general in KG's offense suggests we will go another direction.</P>

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 02:09 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

Numbers are numbers.* the cap is what it is.</P>

"Where there's a will there's a way" is fantasy. You have to start cutting people in order to increase your cap space.* We have reconfigured all the contracts we can.</P>

Osi is a great pass rusher.* Buts thats all he is.* He's one dimentional.* And he plays hard when he feels like it as well.</P>

I really don't want to get into an argument about Osi.* This thread is about picking who you want in the draft vs. who you think we'll draft.</P>

I want to keep Osi, cut/trade Kiwi and draft a guard, tackle or center/guard. Osi being one dimensional is an oversimplification of his abilities. Stopping the run does not mean you make the tackle. Also, Osi lines up vs the best athlete on the o-line on most plays.

When you make cap space, you don't get rid of your best players.

A passing league means more passing, which means more need for a pass rusher. Pay the man, and stop with the hate.

JPP in his 2nd year DOMINATED the way osi dreams he could. osi is not the best pass rusher on the team, he's the best off the edge i guess when he runs upfield and around the LT, but JPP has the quickness to incorporate that and has a much better bull rush and can split double teams, all this while he is still raw....Osi isnt one of our best players, he is one of our best role players but we have others who can fill that role. all that said, i'd rather osi retire a giant. our three DE's are LETHAL...

ok back to the game.

Should draft: receiving threat; K.Wright or Randle or Fleener whichever one of those 3 is available
Will draft: Kendall Wright (I think he's gonna be one of those players who should go way earlier but drops to us) He is a suped up MM. He can go deep, go over the middle, and take quick passes and get YAC.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

I want to keep Osi, cut/trade Kiwi and draft a guard, tackle or center/guard. Osi being one dimensional is an oversimplification of his abilities. Stopping the run does not mean you make the tackle. Also, Osi lines up vs the best athlete on the o-line on most plays. When you make cap space, you don't get rid of your best players. A passing league means more passing, which means more need for a pass rusher. Pay the man, and stop with the hate. JPP in his 2nd year DOMINATED the way osi dreams he could. osi is not the best pass rusher on the team, he's the best off the edge i guess when he runs upfield and around the LT, but JPP has the quickness to incorporate that and has a much better bull rush and can split double teams, all this while he is still raw....Osi isnt one of our best players, he is one of our best role players but we have others who can fill that role. all that said, i'd rather osi retire a giant. our three DE's are LETHAL... ok back to the game. Should draft: receiving threat; K.Wright or Randle or Fleener whichever one of those 3 is available Will draft: Kendall Wright (I think he's gonna be one of those players who should go way earlier but drops to us) He is a suped up MM. He can go deep, go over the middle, and take quick passes and get YAC.</P>

Boy...WR in the first round when we have one of, if not the best WR duo in the NFL? </P>

I just don't see it.</P>

XxBigWhitxX
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Should Draft:* Coby Fleener</P>

Will Draft:* Devon Still</P>

How about we add a new category:* All bets are off if _________________ is sitting there at*32.* (try to keep it realistic . . . . )*</P>

I'll start the new category . . . . . All bets are off if Kendall Wright is sitting there at 32.* </P>

</P>

*</P>

PS:* I would be dissapointed if we drafted Fleener (have we discussed this before?)** The Bennett signing plus our lack of use of the TE in general in KG's offense suggests we will go another direction.</P>All bets are off if Luke Kuechly is there

byron
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't know what they are going to do....I do love a surprise through.....and I think they could go RB....first round picks have become more cap friendly under this new cba....we will see

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 02:18 PM
MS

i just think having 3 legitimate threats that opposing teams have to worry about is pivotal to our offense.
we could get a good rb round 2 or later, maybe lamar miller drops to us or we can trade osi to get Miller who i believe will be a better back than Martin or Wilson.

And this isnt to say give up on Barden/JJ. We could have a solid stable of wr's. the way i see it, we lost MM and JR usually refills the void a player leaves and Wright absolutely can do what MM did and probably much better imho.
But I'd be fine with Fleener. Our LB core is set imo, if we keep osi our DL is set. We have 2 excellent safeties. we already have our starting OL, if we were to draft an OL at 32 he aint gonna come in and start right away, wouldnt trust Adams AT ALL to do that bc he still has a ways to go imho.

then u factor in that Wright would be the BPA, I dunno i just see it all adding up...def. not saying im right everyone else is wrong, just my opinion.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
MS i just think having 3 legitimate threats that opposing teams have to worry about is pivotal to our offense. we could get a good rb round 2 or later, maybe lamar miller drops to us or we can trade osi to get Miller who i believe will be a better back than Martin or Wilson. And this isnt to say give up on Barden/JJ. We could have a solid stable of wr's. the way i see it, we lost MM and JR usually refills the void a player leaves and Wright absolutely can do what MM did and probably much better imho. But I'd be fine with Fleener. Our LB core is set imo, if we keep osi our DL is set. We have 2 excellent safeties. we already have our starting OL, if we were to draft an OL at 32 he aint gonna come in and start right away, wouldnt trust Adams AT ALL to do that bc he still has a ways to go imho. then u factor in that Wright would be the BPA, I dunno i just see it all adding up...def. not saying im right everyone else is wrong, just my opinion.</P>

Well I think we drafted JJ to fill this position. Didn't play last year but I think JR believes in him. We also have Hixon and Barden. I still wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up a FA WR to bring more experience to the WR corps. </P>

I'm sure we will draft a WR at some point in the draft. I just don't see it at #32. Unless all our high grade guys are gone. (and who knows exactly who they would be).</P>

</P>

I agree that O line is doubtful at 32 only because the value may not be there. Unless as I said if Martin drops.</P>

As i said, I think D line may have the best value but thats a guess.</P>

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I like it. The third receiving threat is up in the air. A kid like Kendall Wright could hit the ground running facing the #3 CB one on one every game. We've done good enough withlate round talent and UDF at TE so I'm against a first round TE. We've found good talent in the latter rounds at RB also.</P>

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM

</P>

</P>

PS: I would be dissapointed if we drafted Fleener (have we discussed this before?) The Bennett signing plus our lack of use of the TE in general in KG's offense suggests we will go another direction.</P>

</P>

I know you're not a big Fleener guy . . . . but we have Bennett signed for a one year deal and, at least at this point, he is more of a blocker than a WR.</P>

I think that after losing Ballard (probably won't play next season) and MM, we need to make sure that Eli has enough weapons to do his thing . . . and Fleener is a definite weapon. </P>

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Should Draft: Coby Fleener

Will Draft: Kendal Reyes

P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.</P>

All bets are off if Brockers is available at 32. </P>

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Anyone think that Kevin Zeitler is a possibility?</P>

The Washington Post had us picking him with our first pick . . . . not an awful idea. </P>

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Should Draft: Coby Fleener Will Draft: Kendal Reyes P.S. - I'm a big Doug Martin fan ... I'd be ecstatic if we went in that direction with our first pick.</P>

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system. </P>

buddy33
04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Not every pick Reese makes works out, but for the most part he is very good. I think the Barden pick might not work out, but I still think JJ can be a good pick. He was drafted in a lock out season and he had 3 great WR's ahead of him. Toomer did nothing his rookie season and look how good a player he was. Manningham did nothing his rookie season and now he is considered a big loss to this team.

I do think they need another WR or TE though. Bennett has done nothing yet and Hixon is coming off his second major knee injury.

VegasGmen
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
We should and will draft Doug Martin!

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds? I'm not saying we should waituntil the 6th round to draft aRB but the first roundseems to early. We don't need a super star back in this system. </P>

</P>

We drafted Tiki in round 2 and Rodney Hampton in round 1.</P>

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.</P>

lawl
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and seee what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.</P>

In a heartbeat.</P>

freeing up money this year will have absolutely zero effect on resigning a Guy that is already under contract.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
So you are willing to trade the best pass-rushing end on the Giants and draft another defensive end? that would make us the Bills not the Giants - look at what they have been doing the past few years with running backs. Osi is a stud, give the man a bump in contract and seee what he can do fully healthy. The guy has been playing on one leg, knee and hip for the past couple of years and have been very productive. You just don't find guys like that in the draft. I want a guard, tackle or center/guard with our first or second round pick. We need help on the inside. And I want a bruising running back.</P>

In a heartbeat.</P>

freeing up money this year will have absolutely zero effect on resigning a Guy that is already under contract.</P>

If we extend Cruz, we will undoubtedly pay him a bonus that would in part be counted this season against the cap. I disagree Lawl. If we extend him he won't be making his $600,000 this season.</P>

lawl
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.* </P>

</P>

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.</P>

The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb.

when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk?

It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:02 PM

In a heartbeat.</P>

freeing up money this year will have absolutely zero effect on resigning a Guy that is already under contract.</P>

If we extend Cruz, we will undoubtedly pay him a bonus that would in part be counted this season against the cap.* I disagree Lawl.* If we extend him he won't be making his $600,000 this season.</P>

Why sign him now if he's restricted next year anyway. We guaranteed have him for cheap the next 2 years

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Why draft a running back in the lst when we have found talent like Bradshaw, and Scott(potential) in the latter rounds?* I'm not saying we should wait*until the 6th round to draft a*RB but the first round**seems to early.* We don't need a super star back in this system.* </P>

Because eventually that well will run dry.

Hedge your bets where you can.

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM

</P>

You don't always find talent late. Teams have so much scouting these days. If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.</P>

</P>

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM

</P>

The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb. when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk? It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though</P>

So you're worried about his contract in 4 years? If he's good and can help the team he would get another contract. it doesn't matter where he would have been drafted.</P>

I think you are overthinking this my friend.</P>

Our biggest problem in my view is our running game. It really struggled last year and needs to get better. BJ is gone and Bradshaw isn't durable enough to carry the load. he has to at least share the load.</P>

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Anyone think that Kevin Zeitler is a possibility?</P>

The Washington Post had us picking him with our first pick . . . .* not an awful idea.* </P>

Yeah I think there's a good shot at him depending what falls (or doesn't) to us.

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM

</P>

You don't always find talent late.* Teams have so much scouting these days.* If you think a kid has the best chance to help the team, you draft him.</P>

The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb. when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk? It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though</P>

So you're worried about his contract in 4 years?* If he's good and can help the team he would get another contract.* it doesn't matter where he would have been drafted.</P>

Our biggest problem in my view is our running game.* It really struggled last year and needs to get better.* BJ is gone and Bradshaw isn't durable enough to carry the load.* he has to at least share the load.</P>

you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM

</P>

The problem is. If you have a top rb on your team then you have to give him a big second contract which really handicaps your team because investing money into a rb is very dumb.

when's the last time a top 5 rb won a super bowl? Marshall faulk?

It really doesn't matter what random scrub we have playing rb for us. It would be nice if we had one that could catch though

I highly disagree with this.

Too many people are undervaluing the RB due to the current pass-hysteria of the NFL.

And the RB position is one of the cheaper ones at the higher level (as opposed to WR or DE).

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:09 PM

</P>

</P>

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990. We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB. I say stick with what has worked.</P>

</P>

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky. </P>

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.</P>

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.</P>

Kruunch
you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.

Until AB's feet blow apart in week 4?

B&RWarrior

Because eventually that well will run dry. Hedge your bets where you can.</P>

Do you see a cant miss RB that's available at 32 since you speak of hedging your bet?</P>

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Should Draft: Cordy Glenn

Will Draft: Devon Still

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

Because eventually that well will run dry. Hedge your bets where you can.</P>

Do you see a cant miss RB* that's available at 32 since you speak of hedging your bet?</P>

There's no such thing as a "can't miss" player.

However I think Doug Martin has the potential to make the most impact for the Giants in 2012-2013 of those we draft this week.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

</P>

So you're worried about his contract in 4 years? If he's good and can help the team he would get another contract. it doesn't matter where he would have been drafted.</P>

Our biggest problem in my view is our running game. It really struggled last year and needs to get better. BJ is gone and Bradshaw isn't durable enough to carry the load. he has to at least share the load.</P>

you don't need to invest a first round pick on a Guy that's going to share the load at rb.</P>

As a rookie? It makes perfect sense. Most rookies (even high round picks) don't step in and start.</P>

And given Bradshaw's health problems, our 2nd or third string RB's may get a lot of work.</P>

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM

</P>

</P>

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990.* We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB.* I say stick with what has worked.</P>

</P>

Just because we got lucky with BJ and Bradshaw doesn't mean we will continue to get lucky. </P>

Its like the Pats waiting until the 6th round for a replacement for Brady because they won 3 SB's with a QB taken in the 6th round.</P>

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds.* thast just a fact.</P>

+1 [b]

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM

</P>

</P>

I'm referring to the current front office with JR at the helm not 1997 or 1990.* We've won 2 SBs and even led the league in rushing with late round talent at RB.* I say stick with what has worked.</P>

</P>

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds.* thast just a fact.</P>

Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions.

I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions

slipknottin
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Im not opposed to drafting a HB, but I think the gap bewteen the 1st and 2nd best HB is greater than the gap bewteen the 2nd HB and the 15th best.

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM

</P>

Gotta think Glenn will be gone Kase, but if not I'm fine with that.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Players taken in the first rounds tend to have better NFL careers than players taken in the later rounds. thast just a fact.</P>

Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions. I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions</P>

I don't think thats true at all. I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.</P>

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Im not opposed to drafting a HB, but I think the gap bewteen the 1st and 2nd best HB is greater than the gap bewteen the 2nd HB and the 15th best.

Mmmmm not sure about that. I hear what you're saying but if you watch film on Doug Martin, the guy just makes things happen. While I wouldn't put him in Richardson's class I think he's closer to that then say the Chris Polks of the world. Most of the other RBs I've seen lower down are either products of their offensive line and/or playing against low end competition.

Now keep in mind that I don't think the Giants will draft Doug Martin ... but I do think he may be a potential starter for years to come (one thing the Giants really eye up for their first two picks under Reese).

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential). You say luck, butI see a pattern. Only time will tell ifJR is lucky or good. As of now his strategy is GREAT!</P>

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early. I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32. A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted. 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first. I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson. </P>

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Which is why it's necessary to use these picks on more valuable positions. I'd venture to say that out of all positions, rbs obtained in later round or undrafted have a higher chance of being successful than other positions</P>

I don't think thats true at all.* I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.</P>

Perhaps. But you're also in favor of an OL early. Lol

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Bottom line. I don't care who our rb is

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential). You say luck, butI see a pattern. Only time will tell ifJR is lucky or good. As of now his strategy is GREAT!</P>

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early. I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32. A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted. 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first. I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson. </P>

</P>

We drafted Brown in the 4th round and he got cut multiple times around the league before he came back to us 3 years later and was put on the taxi squad. Ware is less than mediocre.</P>

Don't forget that Bradshaw fell hard in the draft because of character issues. </P>

And I'm not saying that we need to draft a RB #1. but the way it looks, the value may not be there at O line. As I said, I think we will go D line at 32. But I would like to see Wilson go to us. If not (even though Boise guys remind me of UConn guys) Martin would be OK with me there too.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I don't think thats true at all. I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.</P>

Perhaps. But you're also in favor of an OL early. Lol</P>

Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honestly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential).* You say luck, but*I see a pattern.* Only time will tell if*JR is lucky or good.* As of now his strategy is GREAT!</P>

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early.* I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32.* A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted.* 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first.* I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.* </P>

BJ was supposed to be the short yardage / goal line guy backing up Tiki. In that, he was only half successful. He was never meant to be a feature back, nor do I think his knees would hold up to that.

Bradshaw was an awesome project (drafted lower due to character issues) but will never be a feature back due to his recurring injuries and most believe that he's now on the downside of his career (short shelf life).

Ware has shown that he's a journeyman running back at best since coming back from his ACL.

Scott's only accomplishment so far in the NFL was fumbling a kick off.

I think you're romanticizing these picks a bit.

We've managed to cobble together a running game from gum and paper clips the last few years but our best offenses have always been balanced with a strong run game (which we haven't had since 2008).

And part of the "strategy" you're ascribing to Reese has more to do with availability and chance.

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:32 PM

</p>

Gotta think Glenn will be gone Kase, but if not I'm fine with that.</p>Wishful thinking I guess, LOL

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:33 PM

</p>

Gotta think Glenn will be gone Kase, but if not I'm fine with that.</p>Wishful thinking I guess, LOL

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Bottom line. I don't care who our rb isAs long as we solidify our OL then it doesnt matter who is getting handoffs from Eli, cause he'll be able to produce.

Great OL + halfway decent RB = AMAZING run game

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I don't think thats true at all.* I would say that O linemen later in the draft have the best chance to be successful.</P>

Perhaps. But you're also in favor of an OL early. Lol</P>

Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned.* At least our long term need.* And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late.* But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line.* But honestly, probably not LT as much.* thats a position of unique athletic ability.* especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much.

Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BJ was supposed to be the short yardage / goal line guy backing up Tiki. In that, he was only half successful. He was never meant to be a feature back, nor do I think his knees would hold up to that. Bradshaw was an awesome project (drafted lower due to character issues) but will never be a feature back due to his recurring injuries and most believe that he's now on the downside of his career (short shelf life). Ware has shown that he's a journeyman running back at best since coming back from his ACL. Scott's only accomplishment so far in the NFL was fumbling a kick off. I think you're romanticizing these picks a bit. We've managed to cobble together a running game from gum and paper clips the last few years but our best offenses have always been balanced with a strong run game (which we haven't had since 2008). And part of the "strategy" you're ascribing to Reese has more to do with availability and chance.</P>

I will respectfully disagree with you about BJ. Ernie has said many times that he drafted BJ as a tailback and though he was being misused as a short yardage back.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Bottom line. I don't care who our rb isAs long as we solidify our OL then it doesnt matter who is getting handoffs from Eli, cause he'll be able to produce.

</P>

Right now Kase, the only known halfway decent RB on the roster is Bradshaw. And he's a huge question mark with his wheels.</P>

HUGE!</P>

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honestly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</p>

Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much.

Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone
Beatty is our starting LT of the future. He got a freak eye injury last season and now everyone forgot how good he played.

If ya ask me RT is the #1 need for us in the draft, our options are Diehl who was the worst LT/LG in the NFL last season and Brewer who hasnt seen the field since becoming a Giant

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM

</p>

Right now Kase, the only known halfway decent RB on the roster is Bradshaw. And he's a huge question mark with his wheels.</p>

HUGE!</p>Thats why im totally fine with us going OL early in the draft and looking at a RB later on

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 03:41 PM
RB is one of the few positions where unless you are a rare and gifted runner, like Barry Sanders, Lesean McCoy(decent line), or AP( and he had a good line) you can't succeeed without help from teammates- a good run blocking O-line.I think TC understands the importance of the O-line. If the o-line isgood you don't need a SupermanRB. </P>

It's much more difficult to find 5 guys that can create holes than one guy that can run through them. Though I agree if you think you found that special RB you go get him. I don't see him in this draft.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honestly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much. Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone
Beatty is our starting LT of the future. He got a freak eye injury last season and now everyone forgot how good he played.

If ya ask me RT is the #1 need for us in the draft, our options are Diehl who was the worst LT/LG in the NFL last season and Brewer who hasnt seen the field since becoming a Giant
</P>

Beatty has yet to prove a thing to anyone. Our running game improved once he got hurt and we moved DD back to LT. I don't want to turn this into a debate about DD since I (the biggest DD lover here) am saying that LT is our greatest need. But no one can legitimately say that Beatty has shown much at all yet. Not to say he won't, but he hasn't yet.</P>

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:43 PM

</P>

Right now Kase, the only known halfway decent RB on the roster is Bradshaw. And he's a huge question mark with his wheels.</P>

HUGE!</P>

Thats why im totally fine with us going OL early in the draft and looking at a RB later on
</P>

The reason I said that we should draftWilson is because I don't see a 1st round talent at LT dropping to us at 32.</P>

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BJ, Bradshaw, Ware(competent Back up), Scott(starter potential).* You say luck, but*I see a pattern.* Only time will tell if*JR is lucky or good.* As of now his strategy is GREAT!</P>

I said we don't have to wait until the six to draft a rb but rd 1 is too early.* I don't see a back that would be ranked as head and shoulders above the other players avialble at 32.* A good back will still have marginal results running behind our mediocre run blocking no matter where he's drafted.* 2,3,4 is good for drafting a RB, not the first.* I don't see a 1st rd RB in this draft besides Richardson.* </P>

BJ was supposed to be the short yardage / goal line guy backing up Tiki. In that, he was only half successful. He was never meant to be a feature back, nor do I think his knees would hold up to that. Bradshaw was an awesome project (drafted lower due to character issues) but will never be a feature back due to his recurring injuries and most believe that he's now on the downside of his career (short shelf life). Ware has shown that he's a journeyman running back at best since coming back from his ACL. Scott's only accomplishment so far in the NFL was fumbling a kick off. I think you're romanticizing these picks a bit. We've managed to cobble together a running game from gum and paper clips the last few years but our best offenses have always been balanced with a strong run game (which we haven't had since 2008). And part of the "strategy" you're ascribing to Reese has more to do with availability and chance.</P>

I will respectfully disagree with you about BJ.* Ernie has said many times that he drafted BJ as a tailback and though he was being misused as a short yardage back.</P>

Considering that large RBs historically have short shelf lives in the NFL, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned.* At least our long term need.* And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late.* But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line.* But honesitly, probably not LT as much.* thats a position of unique athletic ability.* especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

Interior ol in late round, yes. Both tackles, not so much. Beatty if healthy is fine to play left tackle. If we can win with diehl we can won with anyone
Beatty is our starting LT of the future.* He got a freak eye injury last season and now everyone forgot how good he played.

</P>

Beatty has yet to prove a thing to anyone.* Our running game improved once he got hurt and we moved DD back to LT.** I don't want to turn this into a debate about DD since I (the biggest DD lover here) am saying that LT is our greatest need.* But no one can legitimately say that Beatty has shown much at all yet.* Not to say he won't, but he hasn't yet.</P>

Correlation doesn't mean causation.

Beatty has shown that he is a quality player when healthy.

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
RB is one of the few positions where unless you are a rare and gifted runner, like Barry Sanders, Lesean McCoy(decent line), or AP( and he had a good line) you can't succeeed without help from teammates- a good run blocking O-line.*I think TC understands the importance of the O-line.* If the o-line is*good* you don't need a Superman*RB.* </P>

It's much more difficult to find 5 guys that can create holes than one guy that can run through them.* Though I agree if you think you found that special RB you go get him.* I don't see him in this draft.</P>

I'd agree with this.

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honestly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</p>

</p>

Beatty has yet to prove a thing to anyone. Our running game improved once he got hurt and we moved DD back to LT. I don't want to turn this into a debate about DD since I (the biggest DD lover here) am saying that LT is our greatest need. But no one can legitimately say that Beatty has shown much at all yet. Not to say he won't, but he hasn't yet.</p>Our running game improved when Boothe stepped in for Diehl, I know you love Diehl but his quality of play has drastically decreased in the past few seasons.

Beatty starting the 1st 10 games and keeping some of the best pass rushers in the NFL in check (Orakpo, Peppers, Cole, etc) and beating our Diehl at LT to start the season definitely proved something to someone

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned.* At least our long term need.* And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late.* But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line.* But honesitly, probably not LT as much.* thats a position of unique athletic ability.* especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

Beatty is our starting LT of the future.* He got a freak eye injury last season and now everyone forgot how good he played.

</P>

Beatty has yet to prove a thing to anyone.* Our running game improved once he got hurt and we moved DD back to LT.** I don't want to turn this into a debate about DD since I (the biggest DD lover here) am saying that LT is our greatest need.* But no one can legitimately say that Beatty has shown much at all yet.* Not to say he won't, but he hasn't yet.</P>

He has? Was this before or after AB was screaming at him to block someone?

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I will respectfully disagree with you about BJ. Ernie has said many times that he drafted BJ as a tailback and though he was being misused as a short yardage back.</P>

Considering that large RBs historically have short shelf lives in the NFL, that doesn't make a lot of sense.</P>

I'm just telling you what he said.</P>

Here's an interview he did right after the 05 draft.</P>

Q: Is it fair to say he didn't have a terrific senior season, though he did have great junior year? A: "Yes. He was hurt his senior year; he was playing with a bad knee. There's something to be said for guys that don't just sit out for six weeks. They play through it to help their team. Sometimes their draft value decreases because of it." </P>

Q: After a draft, there is often one player you seem more excited about than others. Is it safe to say Brandon Jacobs is that player this year? What do you like about him?
Accorsi: "He's just an intriguing prospect. This isn't a lottery ticket here. This guy was highly-recruited to Auburn. He played well there. He ran into Williams and Brown. And I said several times during this post-draft period, Red Grange would have transferred if those two backs were with him. They were trying to make him something else. If you look at him, you can see he could have grown into a defensive end, a linebacker, a fullback, anything. He wanted to be a halfback. That was the key - that is an old term. But to try to be more specific, a halfback, that is what he is, that is what we drafted him as. Then he transferred to Southern Illinois, which had two other transfers that season. They would use all three of them. But he played the game - he rushed for over 900 yards, a 6.6-yard average, and 19 touchdowns. The one thing that everybody says he will solve your short yardage problem. You have 267 pounds, he should solve it. But he is much more than that. If you saw him out there at mini-camp, you saw a big, tall halfback. He is fast, he has got the moves, he drops his weight. Everybody worries too much about a tall back, because a lot of times they run upright and are big targets. Well, (Hall of Famer Eric) ****erson was tall, so I don't worry about it. There are always exceptions. The key is, do you run upright or are you able to drop your weight, which gives you the ability to change direction and cut. And he does. If you tried to put the blinders on and pretend, and not look at him in relation to the other players and see how big he is, if you know the game, you would know that he is a halfback, not a fullback. We didn't draft him as a fullback. Those guys are basically blockers who catch the ball in the flat. That is not what this guy is.

"So, now all of a sudden our running back situation - because we like (Derrick) Ward, we like (Mike) Cloud and we like Jacobs - is in pretty good shape. And the kid we signed out of Notre Dame (Ryan Grant) isn't a bust either. So we have big backs, finally. And he has an important role, because even Tiki said it publicly, 'If I am going to last, I have to get somebody to help me.'" </P>

lawl
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM

</P>

Oh boy, ab yelling at him really means something

Kruunch
04-23-2012, 03:56 PM

</P>

Oh boy, ab yelling at him really means something

It means Beatty was half of a good OT.

He's good at pass protection (which is key for that position I grant you) but he was horrid at run blocking.

Giants don't suffer one dimensional players for very long generally speaking.

TuckYou
04-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Should draft BPA</P>

Will draft BPA</P>

</P>

Come on. Put it on the line. Make a call.</P>

</P>

Not sure how we can make "Should draft" picks when we will have no idea who is there. It is really tough when picking 32. If a player like Kuechley falls to us, he is both Should draft and Will Draft picks. Ill play along though with a guess on who will be available...</P>

Should pick LB or OL since both have been neglected for a long time. Ill go Hightower. You could even say a should be would be Fleener since we have no true TE, especially after this season when Bennett is gone.

Will Draft either WR, DB or DE. Ill guess Chandler Jones, even though I think that is early for him, I think he could be anothe rJustin Tuck.</P>

B&RWarrior
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM

When BJ and Bradshaw were both healthy we still ran a 2 back system in which they split the carries with Bradhshaw receiving the lion's share.This was by design and not due to the fragileness of Bradshaw. </P>

This past year we struggled running the ball, but in 2009 we had the 17th best rushing attack (middle of the pack). In 2010 we had the 6th best rushing attack in the NFL. While it's not up to our 2008 standard it is hardly what I would call "gum and paper clips". </P>

Competent RBs were available earlier in the draft JR made a conscious choice to wait.So we get Nicks and JPP versus a 1st round RB. The STRATEGY has worked to the tune of 2 SB Rings.</P>

JJC7301
04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Should draft:* Levonte David, Brockers</P>

Will draft:* Mike "Legalize it" Adams</P>

I think Brockers could fall with his lack of sacks and pass rush skills, if not I think at pick 32 Levonte David will be the best player available.* He's not a need as he's not a MLB and we already have Boley, J Will,*and Kiwi.* I think he has potential to be a star at WLB.* He's a 3 down LB and a true football. player.* I don't have a problem with drafting greatness to replace something good.</P>
I'd be very disappointed if Adams were drafted by the Giants. To test positive for marijuana in February (I think at combines?) is just incredibly stupid. Don't want him.

Other than that, BPA.

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned. At least our long term need. And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late. But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line. But honesitly, probably not LT as much. thats a position of unique athletic ability. especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

</P>

Beatty has yet to prove a thing to anyone. Our running game improved once he got hurt and we moved DD back to LT. I don't want to turn this into a debate about DD since I (the biggest DD lover here) am saying that LT is our greatest need. But no one can legitimately say that Beatty has shown much at all yet. Not to say he won't, but he hasn't yet.</P>

Correlation doesn't mean causation. Beatty has shown that he is a quality player when healthy. He has? Was this before or after AB was screaming at him to block someone?</P>

Using this logic, AB is not a quality player because Eli screamed at him to block someone . . . . </P>

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Should draft: Levonte David, Brockers</P>

Will draft: Mike "Legalize it" Adams</P>

I think Brockers could fall with his lack of sacks and pass rush skills, if not I think at pick 32 Levonte David will be the best player available. He's not a need as he's not a MLB and we already have Boley, J Will,and Kiwi. I think he has potential to be a star at WLB. He's a 3 down LB and a true football. player. I don't have a problem with drafting greatness to replace something good.</P>

I'd be very disappointed if Adams were drafted by the Giants. To test positive for marijuana in February (I think at combines?) is just incredibly stupid. Don't want him. Other than that, BPA.</P>

Me too . . . the guy is showing up on every listing of possible "busts" . . . . no thanks. </P>

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Left tackle is our #1 need as far as I'm concerned.* At least our long term need.* And as I said, players taken early are generally better than players taken late.* But if you pick a position that has the best chance to be successful in the NFL, taken later in the draft, its O line.* But honestly, probably not LT as much.* thats a position of unique athletic ability.* especially in our division with D Ware and trent Cole.</P>

</P>

i;ve read numerous analysis's of beatty at LT. he struggled a lil with COle, but bsides that he played well.
and the run game got better when DD went to LT bc he wasn't on the interior getting pushed back, we had most our success up the gut,,,

Morehead State
04-23-2012, 06:34 PM

</P>

i;ve read numerous analysis's of beatty at LT. he struggled a lil with COle, but bsides that he played well. and the run game got better when DD went to LT bc he wasn't on the interior getting pushed back, we had most our success up the gut,,,</P>

I've always said (well for the past 4 or 5 years) that DD is a far better LT than any other position.</P>

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM

</P>

i;ve read numerous analysis's of beatty at LT. he struggled a lil with COle, but bsides that he played well. and the run game got better when DD went to LT bc he wasn't on the interior getting pushed back, we had most our success up the gut,,,</P>

I've always said (well for the past 4 or 5 years) that DD is a far better LT than any other position.</P>

i think i'd agree with that. just depends bc he did have a couple excellent seasons at G. the past season h ewas far better at LT than G, but when he's ranked dead last as a T, it aint exactly a vote of confidence.

but still i like his heart and loyalty, he's always fired up and never quits. plays thru pain...hope he retires a giant tbh i hope its soon, once we get our OL situated for a few years the way it was in 07 08 and 09

Kase-1
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I've always said (well for the past 4 or 5 years) that DD is a far better LT than any other position.</p>His best position is 1st off the bench. Dude is no longer a quality starting OLman in the NFL

DragonSoul
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
we should draft Luck
will Draft Luck in a shocking trade stunner, and the colts get another manning :)

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
we should draft Luck
will Draft Luck in a shocking trade stunner, and the colts get another manning :)

the sad thing is, if that was actually possible and Indy put that on the table, a lot of NYG fans would want to do it...

edit-
and this is off topic but since Luck was brought up, if I were a GM, i'd honestly take RG3 over Luck. the reason? bc if RG3 is a bust at QB, he still has the speed and footwork to where he could play WR after working at it for a few seasons. Its like u are getting a player who could be special at two positions instead of 1, actually 3 bc if he put on weight he could prob be a scat back...lol sorry just wanted to get that off my mind...

egyptian420
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
we should draft Luck

the sad thing is, if that was actually possible and Indy put that on the table, a lot of NYG fans would want to do it...
I can't imagine even the scummiest of a "fan" wanting that....not after Eli's second SB MVP....just...no...

giantsfan420
04-23-2012, 09:25 PM
we should draft Luck

I can't imagine even the scummiest of a "fan" wanting that....not after Eli's second SB MVP....just...no...

oh i feel the same way...but dont underestimate the mentality of a lot of NYG fans...heck after we won it in 07 there were fans who woulda traded him...not trying to single anyone out but remember that sig "eli and goff for a.smith and willis...would JR have the stones to do it"...

G-Men Surg.
04-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Should Draft:* Coby Fleener</P>

Will Draft:* Devon Still</P>

How about we add a new category:* All bets are off if _________________ is sitting there at*32.* (try to keep it realistic . . . . )*</P>

I'll start the new category . . . . . All bets are off if Kendall Wright is sitting there at 32.* </P>

</P>

*</P>

PS:* I would be dissapointed if we drafted Fleener (have we discussed this before?)** The Bennett signing plus our lack of use of the TE in general in KG's offense suggests we will go another direction.</P>
It may sound stupid but it's not my intention, the lack of use of a TE in KG O is because we haven't had a game braker for a while, even in Shockey's last years he wasn't producing because he always was injured and not a 100 %. I'm not saying that Coby is the right and only choice the Giants but I really don't believe that argument. And all bets are of if Luke Keuchly is still on board ( yea, I know it's a pipe dream ).

egyptian420
04-24-2012, 03:20 AM
we should draft Luck

oh i feel the same way...but dont underestimate the mentality of a lot of NYG fans...heck after we won it in 07 there were fans who woulda traded him...not trying to single anyone out but remember that sig "eli and goff for a.smith and willis...would JR have the stones to do it"...
lmao....I think you might've just singled someone out because I know exactly who you're talking about....but I have to agree...preposterous

GMENAGAIN
04-24-2012, 09:12 AM
At this point, the Gianst have been so good at drafting DL that if they took some DL I never heard of before, I wouldn't even question the pick . . . . .

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
OK fellas. The boards are friggin dead. Its the curse of being SB champs. not much to whine about.</P>

</P>

</P>

Anyone disagree with Good Ol' Morehead? If so it might not be the first time.</P>

</P>

JR has made me very happy.</P>

BigBlue1971
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

JR has made me very happy.</P>

</P>

</P>

great call Morehead!</P>

this guy might be hard to catch!</P>