PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs going to jail??

thomsoad
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/04/23/state-troopers-nfl-star-implicated-in-death-race-2012-on-nj-highway/

egyptian420
04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
so happy none of this involves us right now

JimC
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM
While this was stupid and some NJ State troopers will likely lose their jobs over this, no one is going to jail.

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Jail??? For what? Participating in a caravan sanctioned by the police?</P>

Please . . . . . </P>

thomsoad
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Jail???* For what?* Participating in a caravan sanctioned by the police?</P>

Please . . . . . </P>
Same could be said about someone shooting themselves in the leg too. If NJ wants to make an example...they will find a way.

slipknottin
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Same could be said about someone shooting themselves in the leg too. If NJ wants to make an example...they will find a way.

If the police are the ones who gave Plaxico the gun I dont think he would have gone to jail.

Jacobs wont get in trouble at all, the cops who participated will though.

Drez
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM

If the police are the ones who gave Plaxico the gun I dont think he would have gone to jail.

Agreed. The cops will probably face at least suspension, if not getting fired... Depends on how their union feels about it. Worse Jacobs will get is a ticket of some kind.

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 02:48 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

Same could be said about someone shooting themselves in the leg too. If NJ wants to make an example...they will find a way.</P>

You seriously think this is the same as discharging an unregistered handgun in a public place? Now you're just being dumb . . . . .</P>

DVision
04-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

Sorry, but this comparison is absolutely ridiculous!!

thomsoad
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

Same could be said about someone shooting themselves in the leg too. If NJ wants to make an example...they will find a way.</P>

You seriously think this is the same as discharging an unregistered handgun in a public place?* Now you're just being dumb . . . . .</P>

I never said nor ever inclined they were the one and the same. My reference is that if NJ politics gets involved they will find a way to spend MILLIONS to bring BJ and everyone to court and try and prosecute.

That is my point.

Drez
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Jail??? For what? Participating in a caravan sanctioned by the police?</p>

Please . . . . . </p>

Sorry, but this comparison is absolutely ridiculous!!
Indeed. Also, let's not forget that Plax still got less than the mandatory minimum.

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

You seriously think this is the same as discharging an unregistered handgun in a public place? Now you're just being dumb . . . . .</P>

I never said nor ever inclined they were the one and the same. My reference is that if NJ politics gets involved they will find a way to spend MILLIONS to bring BJ and everyone to court and try and prosecute. That is my point.</P>

Your point makes no sense. What would NJ spend millions of dollars on to prosecute?? Speeding? </P>

dezzzR
04-23-2012, 03:26 PM
so happy none of this involves us right now
You said it man.

thomsoad
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

You seriously think this is the same as discharging an unregistered handgun in a public place?* Now you're just being dumb . . . . .</P>

I never said nor ever inclined they were the one and the same. My reference is that if NJ politics gets involved they will find a way to spend MILLIONS to bring BJ and everyone to court and try and prosecute. That is my point.</P>

Your point makes no sense.* What would NJ spend millions of dollars on to prosecute??* Speeding? </P>
Once again...if they want to make an example they will find something.

DVision
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

Your point makes no sense.* What would NJ spend millions of dollars on to prosecute??* Speeding? </P>

You do realize it was NY that made an example of Plax and not NJ right? Even if they did want to make an example of Jacobs, I don't think a fine and some points on his license will really set him back much.

By the way, where'd they get the 110mph from? I didn't know people had radar guns in their cars.

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/04/23/state-troopers-nfl-star-implicated-in-death-race-2012-on-nj-highway/

Why would Brandon Jacobs go to jail?

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Please . . . . . </p>

You think this caravan incident in some way equates to Plaxico shooting himself?

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM

I'm not really surprised about the caravan, but I am a lot surprised that the trooper driving the lead car is (or was) a First Sergeant in the NJSP. That's a guy with a LOT of time on the job in a pretty powerful position within NJSP.

GMENAGAIN
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

Your point makes no sense. What would NJ spend millions of dollars on to prosecute?? Speeding? </P>

Once again...if they want to make an example they will find something.</P>

Eh, ok.</P>

[:O]</P>

RoanokeFan
04-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Please . . . . . </p>

Same could be said about someone shooting themselves in the leg too. If NJ wants to make an example...they will find a way.</p>

You seriously think this is the same as discharging an unregistered handgun in a public place? Now you're just being dumb . . . . .</p>

I never said nor ever inclined they were the one and the same. My reference is that if NJ politics gets involved they will find a way to spend MILLIONS to bring BJ and everyone to court and try and prosecute.

That is my point.

An example is going to be made of the troopers involved and that won't cost the State a nickle.

Martyr
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Prison bars &amp; walls cant hold Jacobs, he'd be free in no time.

NYGRealityCheck
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM

Please . . . . . </P>

You do realize it was NY that made an example of Plax and not NJ right? Even if they did want to make an example of Jacobs, I don't think a fine and some points on his license will really set him back much.

By the way, where'd they get the 110mph from? I didn't know people had radar guns in their cars.

Pretty sure it was a guess, but say someone is doing 70 mph on the GSP and gets blown away by the caravan, the caravan is obviously going much faster...
The citizen had a right to complain for their safety and the safety of other drivers on the highway somewhat obeying the speed limit...

If they wanted to speed, they should have gone to a racetrack so they don't get other innocent drivers hurt/killed.