PDA

View Full Version : In the end doesn't it come down to..........

jomo
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
.........how well our defense performs today? The offense will put up points but the key to winning is keeping the Dallas O under wraps. Agree/disagree?

keyofgmen
12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
.........how well our defense performs today? The offense will put up points but the key to winning is keeping the Dallas O under wraps. Agree/disagree?

Agree

jints10
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
No guarantee we score pts....see second Eagles game.

The D deff has to show up though

RoanokeFan
12-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Not just yes, but HELL YES.

buddy33
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
How do we know the offense will put up points? More importantly, they need to put up points when it matters most.

NYGiants2120
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
agree 100% and thats why im not sold on the giants winning. Im worried about the D. It depends which front 4 shows up. Tuck needs to play his A55 off for us

Meanhothead
12-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Turnovers

RoanokeFan
12-11-2011, 12:39 PM
How do we know the offense will put up points? More importantly, they need to put up points when it matters most.

You think they will hold us to zero points?

chasjay
12-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Turnovers

But if neither team turns it over, it has to come down to something else.

However the points come, if the Cowboys get fewer than 20, I think the Giants win. If Dallas scores more than 20, who knows?

harrycarson
12-11-2011, 12:52 PM
yep, defense which is scary to hang ur hat on

buddy33
12-11-2011, 01:07 PM

The Eagles held them to 10.

I know Dallas does not have the best secondary, but they can get to the QB. Dallas also knows the Giants don't run the ball well.

juice33s
12-11-2011, 01:15 PM
The Giants have put up 30+ points in 4 of their past 5 games in Dallas with Eli having plenty of individual success

juice33s
12-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Disagree. This game will be a shootout and it will most likely come down to who has the ball last.....I'm liking our chances with Eli at the helm

egyptian420
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
It always seems so obvious until the game starts and we're scratching our heads....like the last Eagles game when our defense was playing pretty darn good until the last drive, meanwhile our O couldn't do a thing. You just never know what to expect on any given Sunday

RoanokeFan
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM

The Eagles held them to 10.

I know Dallas does not have the best secondary, but they can get to the QB. Dallas also knows the Giants don't run the ball well.

OK, but we're not going to score ANY points?

bigal1giant
12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
The key to this game (IMHO) is keeping Witten under wraps. We won't shut him out but to keep him under a hundred yards and no TD's would be key to us winning tonight! I wouldn't mind seeing Romo get knocked on his keester a few times also! He, like Brady, gets a little antsy when he's getting whacked!

GO G-MEN!!!!!!!!

DJloves
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
We need to scare the hell out of Romo - blitz baby! No 3 man rush, no "bend don't break".

JMFP2
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
.........how well our defense performs today? The offense will put up points but the key to winning is keeping the Dallas O under wraps. Agree/disagree?</P>

That's only part of it.</P>

The Giants offense has to run block, and catch the ball. Special teams need to be ready to go.</P>

Remember the Philly game, and the SF game.....2 of the 4 losses can be attributed to an offense that didn't get it done. </P>

Special teams edge by the 49ers played a huge factor.</P>

The last time Giants fans saw a complete performance by all 3 units: Foxboro.</P>

Red Dog
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Ah, yer just addin' Fewell to the fire
........."how well our defense performs today? The offense will put up points but the key to winning is keeping the Dallas O under wraps. Agree/disagree?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

miked1958
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM

I think we will score

miked1958
12-11-2011, 04:18 PM

I think we will score
I say six td s

jomo
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM

I think we will score I say six td sOf course there is a chance that the O will struggle given the O line we have. Still, in the face of that, Eli has found a way to put up points, even big points most of the time, even againststrong D's like SF.</P>

My point is that if you had to pick one side of the ball that really needs to play better than their norm this year in order to insure a victory, it would be the defense. Go Blue!</P>

BigBlue1971
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
.........how well our defense performs today? The offense will put up points but the key to winning is keeping the Dallas O under wraps. Agree/disagree?</P>

</P>

agreed.</P>

the Giants know how to keep Romo cotained for the most part.</P>

gmen46
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM

I think we will score I say six td sOf course there is a chance that the O will struggle given the O line we have. Still, in the face of that, Eli has found a way to put up points, even big points most of the time, even against*strong D's like SF.</P>

My point is that if you had to pick one side of the ball that really needs to play better than their norm this year in order to insure a victory, it would be the defense. Go Blue!</P>

I agree.

That, and do not punt the ball to Bryant.

And make it look like Boley is coming for Romo every pre-snap, just to mess with him.

Joe Morrison
12-11-2011, 05:49 PM

I think we will score I say six td sOf course there is a chance that the O will struggle given the O line we have. Still, in the face of that, Eli has found a way to put up points, even big points most of the time, even againststrong D's like SF.</P>

I agree. That, and do not punt the ball to Bryant. And make it look like Boley is coming for Romo every pre-snap, just to mess with him.</P>

The 4 man rush with a linebacker up the gut, what happened to that, even if the LB didn't make the play he pushed the QB out of the pocket and the lineman cleaned up, where is that scheme this year?</P>

giantfanatic
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Turnovers

Let them make the mistakes. High and tight baby

GiantWarfare
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Turnovers

This

jakegibbs
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Offense can win you a game but defense wins you championships.

uh unless you're GB I guess. But their defense always makes big play turnovers.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Agree! Eli has put up enough offense in most of the games to win. The problem is we can't stop anyone

daynemustgo
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM

These guys are so up and down. Watch the defense play reasonably well tonight and the offense doesn't show. Who knows.

Mr Excitement
12-11-2011, 07:20 PM

These guys are so up and down. Watch the defense play reasonably well tonight and the offense doesn't show. Who knows.

Exactly..........

jomo
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
.........how well our defense performs today? The offense will put up points but the key to winning is keeping the Dallas O under wraps. Agree/disagree?I am not sure if I was right or wrong here. The defense did little or nothing to keep Dallas under wraps and yet because of Eli and JPP's inspired play we were able to dip the Cowboys at the wire. This is not a winning formula in the playoffs. Someone has to coach this defense up if we are going to get into the playoffs and win some games once we make it.

miked1958
12-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Disagree. This game will be a shootout and it will most likely come down to who has the ball
last.....I'm liking our chances with Eli at the helm

Correct. But thank god for JPPs hand

nykn72
12-12-2011, 11:51 PM
dont remind me...My wife bought tickets for our anniversary and they looked horrible and flat.

nykn72
12-12-2011, 11:53 PM
the eagles game that is

gmen46
12-13-2011, 05:49 AM
the eagles game that is

Glad you clarified that.

I was hoping--for YOUR sake--that you weren't referring to your wife :)