PDA

View Full Version : checking in from Arlington TX

YATittle1962
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
got to the hotel last night and went to the bar in the hotel lobby .......full of Giants fans
turns out 3 of the guys we met at the bar are sitting 3 rows from the wife and I tonight

get up this morning and go to breakfast with my wife and 8 out of 10 people on line for omelettes are in Giants jerseys

just got back from doing a little shopping with the wife at a local mall wearing my classic #14 and got 3 "lets go Blue!!!" calls from a distance

seems we travel well these days

hell of a good feeling here in Cowboy country

Giantsin04
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
So jealous. Bring home a win big man

GMENAGAIN
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Loud and proud YA!!

YATittle1962
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Loud and proud YA!!

I know no other way my man....I know no other way

JMFP2
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
got to the hotel last night and went to the bar in the hotel lobby .......full of Giants fans turns out 3 of the guys we met at the bar are sitting 3 rows from the wife and I tonight get up this morning and go to breakfast with my wife and 8 out of 10 people on line for omelettes are in Giants jerseys just got back from doing a little shopping with the wife at a local mall wearing my classic #14 and got 3 "lets go Blue!!!" calls from a distance seems we travel well these days hell of a good feeling here in Cowboy country</P>

Good luck....hope it's an awesome trip for you.</P>

tikiandphil
12-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Now I know the meaning of envy. Enjoy YA. Be safe and enjoy.

Gianthunter
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
got to the hotel last night and went to the bar in the hotel lobby .......full of Giants fans turns out 3 of the guys we met at the bar are sitting 3 rows from the wife and I tonight get up this morning and go to breakfast with my wife and 8 out of 10 people on line for omelettes are in Giants jerseys just got back from doing a little shopping with the wife at a local mall wearing my classic #14 and got 3 "lets go Blue!!!" calls from a distance seems we travel well these days hell of a good feeling here in Cowboy countryIf you see a short, round Italian dude in an Osi yelling like a madman. Thats my cousin say hey.

Kase-1
12-11-2011, 02:23 PM
All the people that cant afford the Tri-State anymore move west/south and take their Big Blue Allegiance with em.... I could image the G-Men having a strong fan showing vs Carolina, AZ, TB, Mia, Tenn, and any Texas team

Roosevelt
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
got to the hotel last night and went to the bar in the hotel lobby .......full of Giants fans
turns out 3 of the guys we met at the bar are sitting 3 rows from the wife and I tonight

get up this morning and go to breakfast with my wife and 8 out of 10 people on line for omelettes are in Giants jerseys

just got back from doing a little shopping with the wife at a local mall wearing my classic #14 and got 3 "lets go Blue!!!" calls from a distance

Cool. Enjoy YA!

britishblue2
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Loud and Relentless tonight YA.....Bring it home buddy

Sundown
12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
There's quite a few Giants fans here in Dallas and good majority will rep no matter what!! We'll talk smack when needed to any cowpoke too

jomo
12-11-2011, 03:07 PM
got to the hotel last night and went to the bar in the hotel lobby .......full of Giants fans turns out 3 of the guys we met at the bar are sitting 3 rows from the wife and I tonight get up this morning and go to breakfast with my wife and 8 out of 10 people on line for omelettes are in Giants jerseys just got back from doing a little shopping with the wife at a local mall wearing my classic #14 and got 3 "lets go Blue!!!" calls from a distance seems we travel well these days hell of a good feeling here in Cowboy countryGlad to see you in Dallas YA. I have 3 great friends there who are Giants fans (transplants from NJ). On a long shot,I'll tell them to look for #14 at the game and send props from Jomo. You never know......lol. Go Giants!!</P>

I have been to a few Giants Cowboys games over the years in the old stadium in Arlington. I found the fans in Texas to be very cool with regard to their oponents fans. They were knowledgable, thoughtful and engaging.It is about 180 degrees different from visiting Philly, the land of the brainless and toothless.</P>

keyofgmen
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Have a great night #14!!
Post some photos if get some.

RoanokeFan
12-11-2011, 03:16 PM

We couldn't be better represented [Y]

britishblue2
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM

We couldn't be* better represented* [Y]
+1

BlueSanta
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
All the people that cant afford the Tri-State anymore move west/south and take their Big Blue Allegiance with em.... I could image the G-Men having a strong fan showing vs Carolina, AZ, TB, Mia, Tenn, and any Texas team

Florida is filled with x NY'ers.

Anytime the Giants play in Tampa or Miami there is more Blue in the stadium than home colors.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Yep.. Time to go 3-0 vs them in their new stadium

GiantWarfare
12-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Yep.. Time to go 3-0 vs them in their new stadium

+1

BigBlue1971
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
got to the hotel last night and went to the bar in the hotel lobby .......full of Giants fans turns out 3 of the guys we met at the bar are sitting 3 rows from the wife and I tonight get up this morning and go to breakfast with my wife and 8 out of 10 people on line for omelettes are in Giants jerseys just got back from doing a little shopping with the wife at a local mall wearing my classic #14 and got 3 "lets go Blue!!!" calls from a distance seems we travel well these days hell of a good feeling here in Cowboy country</P>

</P>

be safe down there YA and bring back 1st place in the nfce!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

G-Men Surg.
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Enjoy it YA !
Wear that 14 with pride !

DemandedAce
12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Stay safe when we crush them, YA! They're gonna be all over you, fight them off with the fury of a thousand Tittles!

yatitle
12-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Stay safe when we crush them, YA! They're gonna be all over you, fight them off with the fury of a thousand Tittles!

Bring home a victory for the GMEN, my namesake.

FBomb
12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Color me green with envy!! Hope you have a great time, bro!!

jomo
12-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Color me green with envy!! Hope you have a great time, bro!!Party hard for all your friends back here YA. What a game!!

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 09:33 AM
YA . . . we'd love to hear about the mood of the Cowboys fans as the game went down the toilet for them . . . .. .

GameTime
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
What a great feeling it is to be a fan at an away game comng away with a win. That is multiplied by 100 in Dallas!!! Hope you enjoyed trip and the win makes it oh so much sweeter....</P>

</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
What a great feeling it is to be a fan at an away game comng away with a win. That is multiplied by 100 in Dallas!!! Hope you enjoyed trip and the win makes it oh so much sweeter....</p>

</p>

</p>

Glad to see you awake at this early hour on a HOT MONDAY MORNING. What a sleepless night caused by adrenalin rush lol

nygfanmaybe
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
What a sleepless night caused by adrenalin rush lol
</P>

</P>

Ahhhh...so that's what it was!</P>

GameTime
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
What a great feeling it is to be a fan at an away game comng away with a win. That is multiplied by 100 in Dallas!!! Hope you enjoyed trip and the win makes it oh so much sweeter....</P>

</P>

</P>

Glad to see you awake at this early hour on a HOT MONDAY MORNING. What a sleepless night caused by adrenalin rush lol
</P>

I didnt hit the pillow till about 1:30. Up at 6:10. All good. I will crash by 8 or 9 tonight....:)</P>

nygfanmaybe
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I didnt hit the pillow till about 1:30. Up at 6:10. All good. I will crash by 8 or 9 tonight....:)</P>

</P>

Talk about a day...</P>

Game #1 Saints/Titans- Having grown-up a Saints fan, I watched this early game. It came down to the Saints sacking the Titans 3rd string QB on their 10 yd. line...when a TD beats them...as time winds down.</P>

Game #2 Broncos/Bears- 'Nuf said.</P>

Game #3 Giants/Cowboys- Again...'Nuf said.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
What a great feeling it is to be a fan at an away game comng away with a win. That is multiplied by 100 in Dallas!!! Hope you enjoyed trip and the win makes it oh so much sweeter....</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I didnt hit the pillow till about 1:30. Up at 6:10. All good. I will crash by 8 or 9 tonight....:)</p>

Same for me except up at 4:30 lol

GameTime
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

ouch!!......come on man you're old....aren't you retired????......[:P]</P>

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
sitting in the airport on our way back to real life......just wanted to share some of the things I saw at last nights game.

good and bad

I have not had a chance to sit and watch the game yet so all of this is coming from a live naked eye perspective

this may be the first time you hear me say this....but the NY Giants were out coached by a mile last night and won.

THE worst play calling I have seen Gilbride pull out of his *** in a very long time......and most of you know that I am not one to kill KG...ever....but there were multiple occasions where Eli was waving his arms at the sideline as if to say "where is the friggin play????"

then you have the situation immediately after the huge Nicks catch on the....what was it?....4 yard line?

this guy Gilbride runs a fade on 1st......the very same fade on 2nd,.,,,,,,,,,and a delayed draw on 3rd down..........OH.....MY......GOODNESS......

I was furious.

then we had Eli taking deep shots on 2 ...3rd and shorts.....one which looked designed so I put at least one of those 2 on Gilbride and the other on Eli but it was single coverage so I cant really blame him for taking a shot .....

there are other instances as well but I will hold them in my pocket until I watch the film

as for the defense.....

I saw more cover 2 last night than any game this season.....

and I saw a defensive unit that is just flat out not very good as a whole....and thats just being real.

and from what it looked like to my eye......the busted coverage was on Rolle....could be wrong....Ill look at the tape

but JPP is an absolute ANIMAL .....I read a quote in a Dallas news paper this morning from Chris Collinsworth where he said...

"this guy JPP is like an octopus coming at you"

I thought that was a fantastic analogy...and hilarious....

this defensive unit has to tighten up big time if they have any post season dreams at all....

but anyway....this game was won not by the coaches or the defense......it was won by

Eli Manning and his 4th quarter heroics .......2 TD drives in under 5 minutes????.....C'mon now!!

Brandon Jacobs.....yes that Brandon Jacobs....because he ran with a purpose

Hakeem Nicks.....because he did exactly what we drafted him to do all game long

Ill even give the O line some props considering who they were facing even though Boothe almost ended the game for us....

and last but definitely not least JPP for reasons Im sure I dont have to go into.....see Collinsworth quote above....

as for the Dallas fans last night ....they were gracious and kind and took their loss hard but well.....

I didnt see much animosity toward Giant fans just major disappointment ...and heard lots of Rob Ryan mentions followed by hateful weight comments and expressive curses ......sort of like what we hear about Fewell on this board

just wanted to share a few thoughts to anyone who cares to hear this old codgers opinions...

great win lets keep it rolling..

see ya back in Jersey

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 11:24 AM
a bump for my perspective..... :)

if anyone cares

Giantsin04
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM

if anyone cares

It must of been an amazing experience for you, congrats.

I agree with most of what you saw, but I'm not sure about the out-coached stuff. Gilbride made some ridiculous calls, yes. But overall, the way Coughlin kept everyone focused when it looked like the season was over, deserves some credit. He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money. imo.

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 11:40 AM

if anyone caresI absolutely care! Your assessment is right on. There are those here who want to hold Killdrive harmless because "we do not know who called those plays" so now you validate our thoughts for those of us who know better about Killdrive and his predictability. It seemed that Eli was quite a bit more irritated than normally? some of the tv shots showed him not too happy and I am sure that was a direct result of Killdrive's play calling. A couple easy drops by Cruz did not help either. As far as being out-coached: nothing new here. I am used seeing the Giants getting out-coached in almost every game, even the ones we win.
A win is a win but this coaching situation needs to be resolved.

GIANTSACK
12-12-2011, 11:40 AM

yeah im getting ready to check out my hotel... this is definately one of the best game I attended.. walkong out the stadium was magical.. Lets go giants was loud.

What section were u in.. I was in 227

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks YA . . . intersting stuff.</P>

Safe travels. </P>

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM

if anyone cares

I agree with most of what you saw, but I'm not sure about the out-coached stuff. Gilbride made some ridiculous calls, yes. But overall, the way Coughlin kept everyone focused when it looked like the season was over, deserves some credit. He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money. imo.<font size="4">"He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money."? What a genius right? never mind that he left enough time for them to get to the point of tying the game and if it wasn't for JPP, we would have been singing a different tune now. The kicker did not miss the FG, we managed to block it. Big difference. Besides, every single coach for eons have been "icing" the kicker. So all Coughlin did, was to go through the motions. We have Eli and JPP to thank for this win not the coaches. They were definitely out-coached just like in every other game.
</font>

logan9839
12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks YA, mostly agree. I am a KG fan, but not getting the play calls in was very bad. For the D, I just feel we are too thin at key positions. Getting KP and Osi back will help, but we will continue to need Eli to stand on his head.

Giantsin04
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM

if anyone cares

I agree with most of what you saw, but I'm not sure about the out-coached stuff. Gilbride made some ridiculous calls, yes. But overall, the way Coughlin kept everyone focused when it looked like the season was over, deserves some credit. He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money. imo.<font size="4">"He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money."?* What a genius right? never mind that he left enough time for them to get to the point of tying the game and if it wasn't for JPP, we would have been singing a different tune now. The kicker did not miss the FG, we managed to block it. Big difference. Besides, every single coach for eons have been "icing" the kicker. So all Coughlin did, was to go through the motions. We have Eli and JPP to thank for this win not the coaches.* They were definitely out-coached just like in every other game.
</font>

Your kidding with that "left enough time on the clock" ****, right? We were losing the game!! You try to score!! What would you have done? taken a knee to run down the clock assuming you can score at will the next play. Absolute worst critique imaginable. They made the Cowboys use all their timeouts and punched it in. Perfect.

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM

if anyone cares

I agree with most of what you saw, but I'm not sure about the out-coached stuff. Gilbride made some ridiculous calls, yes. But overall, the way Coughlin kept everyone focused when it looked like the season was over, deserves some credit. He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money. imo.<font size="4">"He played the game clock perfectly down the stretch and icing the kicker was money."? What a genius right? never mind that he left enough time for them to get to the point of tying the game and if it wasn't for JPP, we would have been singing a different tune now. The kicker did not miss the FG, we managed to block it. Big difference. Besides, every single coach for eons have been "icing" the kicker. So all Coughlin did, was to go through the motions. We have Eli and JPP to thank for this win not the coaches. They were definitely out-coached just like in every other game.
</font>

Your kidding with that "left enough time on the clock" ****, right? We were losing the game!! You try to score!! What would you have done? taken a knee to run down the clock assuming you can score at will the next play. Absolute worst critique imaginable. They made the Cowboys use all their timeouts and punched it in. Perfect.Absolutely perfect! He did ice the GB kicker didn't he? How did that work for him? He left the same amount of time in both games and one went his way the other did not not because of anything that he did but because we got a lucky break. I wouldn't call that perfect coaching? Besides, we had plenty of chances to score early and make it difficult for the Cows to come back, but he did let Killdrive and Fewell do their usual **** ups. Yes we were out-coached and yes we did get lucky that the Cows defense was just as bad as ours.

fletch842
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM
sitting in the airport on our way back to real life......just wanted to share some of the things I saw at last nights game.

good and bad

I have not had a chance to sit and watch the game yet so all of this is coming from a live naked eye perspective

this may be the first time you hear me say this....but the NY Giants were out coached by a mile last night and won.

THE worst play calling I have seen Gilbride pull out of his *** in a very long time......and most of you know that I am not one to kill KG...ever....but there were multiple occasions where Eli was waving his arms at the sideline as if to say "where is the friggin play????"

This was in plain view a few times on TV. I was pretty pissed about this. The play should be coming into Eli as soon as they can turn the communication on. He should never have to wave his arms to get the play called in quicker from the sidelines. That was totally unacceptable.

That being said, I think I was more impressed with Eli's play last night, than any game he's played for us. What a performance, just stellar. JPP, Nicks and BJ get big kudos as well.

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Hmmmmmm mysterious lapses in communications at jerry World.[8-)][*-)]

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM

good and bad

This was in plain view a few times on TV. I was pretty pissed about this. The play should be coming into Eli as soon as they can turn the communication on. He should never have to wave his arms to get the play called in quicker from the sidelines. That was totally unacceptable.

That being said, I think I was more impressed with Eli's play last night, than any game he's played for us. What a performance, just stellar. JPP, Nicks and BJ get big kudos as well.

so there were shots of Eli flapping his wings waiting for the playcall on TV?

ive yet to see the game.....

and yes Im still stuck at the airport.....ugh

nygfanmaybe
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
so there were shots of Eli flapping his wings waiting for the playcall on TV? </P>

Definitely...at least once that I remember. That particular time he was flapping them so much I thought he was gonna take flight and fly right out of the stadium.</P>

BigBlue187
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Very envious YA that was a great game to be at, Ive been to a few close/overtime giants games but that one was amazing. I agree with you about Gilbrides playcalling on that 1st and goal, had me scratching my head but overall I thought we played well on offense. The game is going to be on nfl replay Tuesday at 9:30 on NFLN if you still need to watch.

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM

if anyone cares

Very much...

I also want to hear every detail of how that place went from a party to a funeral in 5 minutes.

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds like an awesome weekend. Incredible chain of event to witness in person.

Whats your take on that obnoxious jumbotron? Personaly I think it takes away from being able to enjoy the stadium... I love going to a venue and being able to appreciate the whole place in a single massive perspective view, and it looks like this thing cuts the place in half. Never been there though.. so it may actually not be that bad.

lawl
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
That YA, he's so popular, when I grow up I wanna be just like him!!</P>

Kidding of course.</P>

</P>

Pretty sweet game I was at work for the first half so I still have to go back and watch the first half. We need to pick up another legitimate cornerback in the offseason. Maybe two.</P>

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM

if anyone caresPretty much how I felt as well.

jomo
12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks YA, mostly agree. I am a KG fan, but not getting the play calls in was very bad. For the D, I just feel we are too thin at key positions. Getting KP and Osi back will help, but we will continue to need Eli to stand on his head.Does having only one serviceable linebacker qualify as being "too thin?" Also secondary can't be that bad with all those guys breaking deep and wide open. It has to be on the coaches.

poppa smurph
12-12-2011, 07:15 PM
a bump for my perspective..... :) if anyone caresYour old codger's naked eye take is spot on.</P>

Eli being Eli ( the 2011 Eli ) and big game from Nicks weren't that suprising, for me it was Jacobs and JPP that wonus the game.</P>

It was like a trip down memory lane watching the big fella's strides lengthen out past the line of scrimmage. Might be his last great game as a Giant, or even for his career.</P>

I don't think I have to go over JPP's game...dude played his best game yet, simply willing the Defense to the win.</P>

Glad you got to see that one live in Jerry's house, what a feeling it must've been leaving the stadium.</P>

jomo
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey YA, I hope youtreated yourself a bone in rib eye at the Cattleman Steak House in Fort Worth........or some reasonable facsimile. Thanks for the "view from behind enemy lines." Hope your trip home was uneventful. What a night for Giants fans everywhere. So many of us were on the same sleep cycle (1:45 am to bed and 6:00 am to rise). I received text messages after the game from my niece in Denver, my daughter in London, my good buddy in Germany and best friend in Dallas, all Giants fans and all awake at God knows what hour. I guess we'll all cherish this one for a long, long time.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

I didnt hit the pillow till about 1:30. Up at 6:10. All good. I will crash by 8 or 9 tonight....:)</p>

</p>

ouch!!......come on man you're old....aren't you retired????......[:P]</p>

****, I'm tri-tired lol I consult at the moment.

jints1964
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
just read your post. i spent a year living in Carrolton, TX. suburb of Dallas. Had to go for the company and had a great many Cowboy fan friends. Must say all of them were good sports people who respected us. Definetely, not Philly!

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Sounds like an awesome weekend.* Incredible chain of event to witness in person.*

Whats your take on that obnoxious jumbotron?* Personaly I think it takes away from being able to enjoy the stadium... I love going to a venue and being able to appreciate the whole place in a single massive perspective view, and it looks like this thing cuts the place in half.* Never been there though.. so it may actually not be that bad.*

didnt really look up at the screen much because our seats were down on the bottom.....and it was a bit of a neck breaker to look up and take a peek

it is obnoxiously huge though...and looks a bit scary suspended there......its a gorgeous building

nykn72
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
the time out turned out to be a sweet call because jpp changed his rush on the second one.... d

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 10:38 PM

if anyone caresGosh YA, its like FBomb in here.

lol j/k I enjoyed reading your post

heavyhitter
12-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Sounds like an awesome weekend. Incredible chain of event to witness in person.

Whats your take on that obnoxious jumbotron? Personaly I think it takes away from being able to enjoy the stadium... I love going to a venue and being able to appreciate the whole place in a single massive perspective view, and it looks like this thing cuts the place in half. Never been there though.. so it may actually not be that bad.

didnt really look up at the screen much because our seats were down on the bottom.....and it was a bit of a neck breaker to look up and take a peek

it is obnoxiously huge though...and looks a bit scary suspended there.....<font size="4">.its a gorgeous building</font>I was at that stadium last year about this time visiting some family and watching one of the top HS recruits in the nation for the 3a/4a state championship game. Your right about the stadium, it was beautiful! Did you take any pics while you were there? I took a couple w/ my camera phone, I'll try and find them and post.

heavyhitter
12-13-2011, 12:59 AM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/021.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/024.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/017.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/014.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/008.jpg