PDA

View Full Version : Matthews cant get over giants playoff loss

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 11:54 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/clay-matthews-says-hell-never-get-over-loss-to-the-giants/

You guys are right, we cant get over it. It eats at us to this day.

giantsforce
04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/clay-matthews-says-hell-never-get-over-loss-to-the-giants/

You guys are right, we cant get over it. It eats at us to this day.Now you know how Brady feels! All I have to say, is just get use to it and give credit where credit is due. We may have sucked all season long, for various reasons, but came through when it counted. The mark of champions is how well they rise to the occasion and the Giants know to to do this.

Pakman
04-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Man if Matthews cant get over it....The
Pats need to be on suicide watch lol

Morehead State
04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Man if Matthews cant get over it....The Pats need to be on suicide watch lol</P>

GB didn't see their loss to us coming at all. The Pats definately feared us. I can see GB taking it harder. They were 15-1 after all.</P>

RonJon
04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Now you know how we felt losing to Philadelphia in the first round in 2008 after clinching the number 1 seed

Rudyy
04-24-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't blame him, I'd be upset too.
Heck, I'm still upset to this day of that horrible HORRIBLE playoff performance at home to the Eagles *shudders*

Kruunch
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I wonder if Matthews even has the right team in mind.

We were the 4 seed and had a home playoff game.

allentown PA
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
It eats at the packer fans on those boards because most of them are ignorant ****suckers who know little about the game...they saw their team had a 15-1 record and were playing a 9-7 team...of course the pack were gonna win...here is a little cheat sheet for you, the score of that game was much closer than the play on the field...the refs did everything they could to keep you in that game.

b_ELI_eve
04-24-2012, 12:40 PM
That game still makes me want to throw up

GameTime
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/clay-matthews-says-hell-never-get-over-loss-to-the-giants/</P>

</P>

cant blame him.....oh well. The Giants and their fans have enough of those unforgettable losses as well. </P>

allentown PA

the pack have not been the same since they let Ray Rhodes go...keep that in mind

allentown PA
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM

hey keep us posted on how he is doing..srsly like everday I would like a thread started about how packer nation is dealing with this loss...thanks

jomo
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
It eats at the packer fans on those boards because most of them are ignorant ****suckers who know little about the game...they saw their team had a 15-1 record and were playing a 9-7 team...of course the pack were gonna win...here is a little cheat sheet for you, the score of that game was much closer than the play on the field...the refs did everything they could to keep you in that game.I couldn't agree with you more. We dominated them totally and the score didn't come close to reflecting that.

SweetZombieJesus
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I said in another thread we had the same thing happen to us in 2008.

You NEVER get over it. It will always be a "what if" open wound.

Being defending champs and #1 seed primed to go back-to-back, how much more momentum could you ask for?

Even winning another Super Bowl afterwards doesn't wash it away.

It hurts worse than losing the Super Bowl. I'm over losing the SB in 2000. I will never be fully over what happened in 2008.

jjj45
04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I dont feel sorry for em. We lost in 08' to a hated divisional rival. The Packers just lost to another team in their conference.

Actually its totally different in my opinion.

blueomaha
04-24-2012, 01:35 PM
sorry Matthews...we should have beaten the pack twice if you really want to look at it...i lost a lot of respect for you with the late hits on Eli...chew on some yellow snow chump....

Morehead State
04-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I dont feel sorry for em. We lost in 08' to a hated divisional rival. The Packers just lost to another team in their conference.

</P>

I'm still not over the Flipper Anderson game. We were the best team in football that year and lost to "just another team in the conference".</P>

Its not different at all. It eats at you until you die.</P>

RonJon
04-24-2012, 01:54 PM

</P>

I'm still not over the Flipper Anderson game.* We were the best team in football that year and lost to "just another team in the conference".</P>

Its not different at all.* It eats at you until you die.</P>

Especially the way Flipper raced into the tunnel and to the locker room after catching that winning TD pass. Rubbed me the wrong way. Was hoping he'd trip and hurt himself for that

Morehead State
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM

</P>

I'm still not over the Flipper Anderson game. We were the best team in football that year and lost to "just another team in the conference".</P>

Its not different at all. It eats at you until you die.</P>

Especially the way Flipper raced into the tunnel and to the locker room after catching that winning TD pass. Rubbed me the wrong way. Was hoping he'd trip and hurt himself for that</P>

That game and obviously the SF playoff game in 02 were the two killers for me. Both because our teams were so good those years. Even in 02, we were playing great coming into that game.</P>

The loss in 97 to Minn. wasn't as bad because our team wasn't really that good. I hated it, but it didn't eat at me like the others.</P>

I can see Matthews or any Packers fan having a very tough time getting over it. They had a great team.</P>

burier
04-24-2012, 02:00 PM
since when are you supposed to be over playoff losses before mini-camp even starts???

Before the draft???

I'd expect my team to be motivated by a playoff loss the entirety of the subsequent season.

Morehead State
04-24-2012, 02:02 PM
since when are you supposed to be over playoff losses before mini-camp even starts??? Before the draft??? I'd expect my team to be motivated by a playoff loss the entirety of the subsequent season.</P>

Evidentally it shouldn't have any effect on you unless its a loss to a hated rival.</P>

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey Allentown why all the hate all of a sudden? Most of us Packer fans have alot of class as well. Were not ignorant like you stated.

NYG 5
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM

but at least the Pack lost to a team that went all the way. the Giants laid down for the ****ing eagles just so that they could go and do nothing but choke. the Giants beat every contender that year, then turned soft overnight. it was unreal.

jjj45
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
since when are you supposed to be over playoff losses before mini-camp even starts??? Before the draft??? I'd expect my team to be motivated by a playoff loss the entirety of the subsequent season.</p>

Evidentally it shouldn't have any effect on you unless its a loss to a hated rival.</p>Thats not true at all. Any loss like that will affect you and hurt afterwards. Yes, the packers lost to us after they had just won the SB and were on top of the world. Yeah, well the same exact thing happened to us back in 2008. We got licked by our most hated and despised rival. Fresh off a surreal SB run.

Thats gotta hurt a lot more if you ask me.

jjj45
04-24-2012, 03:12 PM

but at least the Pack lost to a team that went all the way. the Giants laid down for the ****ing eagles just so that they could go and do nothing but choke. the Giants beat every contender that year, then turned soft overnight. it was unreal.
I think you guys are missing the whole "losing to worst division enemy" point im trying to make here.

To me that just makes it sting that much more than losing to another team outside the division.

I can guarantee you the Packers would be feeling a heck of a lot worse if it had been the Bears instead of us.

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I just dont understand why our team came out so flat that day. It was like we weren't into it and neither were the fans. Rodgers played ok but was off as well. We lost to you guys in 2007 as well then lost again so it still hurts almost as much as you losing to Philly.

jjj45
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
I just dont understand why our team came out so flat that day. It was like we weren't into it and neither were the fans. Rodgers played ok but was off as well. We lost to you guys in 2007 as well then lost again so it still hurts almost as much as you losing to Philly.Perhaps, but the familiarity and hate just isn't there.

SweetZombieJesus
04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
I just dont understand why our team came out so flat that day. It was like we weren't into it and neither were the fans. Rodgers played ok but was off as well. We lost to you guys in 2007 as well then lost again so it still hurts almost as much as you losing to Philly.

(a) I really don't like bye weeks -- yes players need the rest and time to heal, but I really believe momentum lasts from week to week and having a week off can destroy it, IMO.

(b) I think your team got overconfident being undefeated so long, being the #1 seed, and being defending champs. I think they just expected the magic to continue and they'd get back to the SB. But you can't just turn it on and off like that. I also suspect the players succumb to the "aura" and "mystique" of playing at Lambeau Field that magically the odds will stay in their favor (we have a similar problem here with Yankee Stadium).

And it can't possibly hurt as much as us losing to Philly, it just can't. They are our most hated rival, and they are classless showboating dirtbags... And they rubbed our noses in it. Classic sore winners.

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/donovan-mcnabb-philadelphia-eagles-1028jpg-740c71b032d095ef_medium.jpg

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Well I think it is developing. I hope not though. I like the Giants.

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I thought we had our faces rubbed in the dirt too by alot of our rivals after our loss.

Drez
04-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I can see Matthews or any Packers fan having a very tough time getting over it. They had a great team.</p>

Correction. They had a great offense. Their defense was crap.

SweetZombieJesus
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Another factor is when things become a lock -- you guys cruised through the regular season being 13-0 and at some point the sense of urgency is gone -- you could have lost all of December and still won the division. So even if just a little you may let off the accelerator.

The Giants had six -- SIX -- games in a row they had to win or they'd be done, starting with the Jets in week 16. By the time they faced the Packers they had already played THREE elimination do-or-die games to save their season. Whereas the Packers may have started easing up when they clinched the division and/or #1 seed in December and then had a week off to start the playoffs.

Morehead State
04-24-2012, 03:58 PM
I can see Matthews or any Packers fan having a very tough time getting over it. They had a great team.</P>

</P>

They were 15-1. Its a reasonable position to assume they were a great team. Its certainly for them to believe that going into the Giants playoff game they were a great team. They were the SB champs and were 15-1.</P>

Morehead State
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Another factor is when things become a lock -- you guys cruised through the regular season being 13-0 and at some point the sense of urgency is gone -- you could have lost all of December and still won the division. So even if just a little you may let off the accelerator.

The Giants had six -- SIX -- games in a row they had to win or they'd be done, starting with the Jets in week 16. By the time they faced the Packers they had already played THREE elimination do-or-die games to save their season. Whereas the Packers may have started easing up when they clinched the division and/or #1 seed in December and then had a week off to start the playoffs.
</P>

No one is arguing with that. the point is that its perfectly understandable for Clay Matthews or anyone else involved with the Packers to fail to get over this loss for a very long time. To suggest that he should just shrug it off and move on defies everything we know about pro sports.</P>

As I said, I'm not over the Flipper Anderson game and that was 23 years ago. Hell I'm not over the week 14 loss to the Rams in 1970 which kept us out of the playoffs.</P>

FBomb
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/clay-matthews-says-hell-never-get-over-loss-to-the-giants/ You guys are right, we cant get over it. It eats at us to this day.</P>

These are things that I love hearing. The way it just eats you up. The excuses, the youtube crying....all is music to my ears.</P>

I like GB though......it would be FAR more satisfying if youwere an Eagles or Cowboys fan. </P>

JJC7301
04-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Now you know how we felt losing to Philadelphia in the first round in 2008 after clinching the number 1 seed
+1. Exactly -- I thought the Pack even had that "what the heck just happened" look all over them afterwards, just like the Giants did in '08 against the Pack. After such a great season, what a let down.

Funny how Antonio Pierce was very astute when he said that he thought the GB receivers were very overrated; that they dropped too many passes. GB does have a very good corp of receivers, but they did have a case of the dropsies that game.

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 04:33 PM
I think we lost our momentum when we lost to the Chiefs. It seemed like we never played well after that. Where as the year before we did exactly what you guys did this year where the last six games were do or die games.

B&RWarrior
04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I fully expected us to win the playoff game versus the Packers. We got cheated out of the regular season game. We were the better team- period! All of this malarkey about they took their foot off the accelerator is hogwash.

Clay's the kind of guy you want on your team. It really hurts him deep when they lose. Son, you better get ready for more pain!

TuckYou
04-24-2012, 06:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/clay-matthews-says-hell-never-get-over-loss-to-the-giants/ You guys are right, we cant get over it. It eats at us to this day.</P>

He can't get over it because of how much the paid off the refs to help, and they still lost.</P>

Drez
04-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I can see Matthews or any Packers fan having a very tough time getting over it. They had a great team.</p>

</p>

They were 15-1. Its a reasonable position to assume they were a great team. Its certainly for them to believe that going into the Giants playoff game they were a great team. They were the SB champs and were 15-1.</p>
They were the SB champs and 15-1, but they weren't a great team. They had an exceptional offense, but their defense was suspect, especially when viewing it against the defense they fielded in their championship year.

NYgiants141
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM

These are things that I love hearing.* The way it just eats you up.* The excuses, the youtube crying....all is music to my ears.</P>

I like GB though......it would be FAR more satisfying if you*were an Eagles or Cowboys fan.* </P>

Haha you should see the comments these "classy" packer fans leave on my youtube videos.

NYG 5
04-24-2012, 07:48 PM

I think you guys are missing the whole "losing to worst division enemy" point im trying to make here.

To me that just makes it sting that much more than losing to another team outside the division.

I can guarantee you the Packers would be feeling a heck of a lot worse if it had been the Bears instead of us.

no, i knew what you meant. i was just saying losing to the filthy eagle scum is compounded by the fact that they didnt even do anything in the playoffs. at least the '90 49ers can say "well, we lost at home, but at least the Giants ran the table. we lost to the new champs".

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Just remember guys enjoy your reign on top cause repeating is tough in the NFL. Your division will be tough next year and I fully expect the Eagles to be a good team. Vick will be back to full speed and their defense will be good. Dallas is always competitive with Romo at quarterback. The Redskins arent a good team but they always give the Giants a rough time. The Panthers will be a good team with Newton, we will be back as well I think and the Bears might be a very tough team as well next year.

dinz
04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
i thinking ur overly gloating.. bad..

dinz
04-24-2012, 07:54 PM
last msg was for allentown..

allentown PA
04-24-2012, 09:40 PM
last msg was for allentown..

not "overly gloating" explaining why the packer fans are having a tough time with this loss..try reading the entire post next time.

miked1958
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM

You guys are right, we cant get over it. It eats at us to this day.You realize GB beat the Giants in 07 and 11. They just did it during the regular season. When it counted in the NFCCG in 07 and the Divisional Playoffs in 11 the Giants did what it took to move on to the SB and NFCCG. Hey maybe you guys will even beat us again in the 2012 regular season. Who knows.

Drez
04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Just remember guys enjoy your reign on top cause repeating is tough in the NFL. Your division will be tough next year and I fully expect the Eagles to be a good team. Vick will be back to full speed and their defense will be good. Dallas is always competitive with Romo at quarterback. The Redskins arent a good team but they always give the Giants a rough time. The Panthers will be a good team with Newton, we will be back as well I think and the Bears might be a very tough team as well next year.
Vick is Vick. His 2010 campaign was an aberration and he played over his head. Last season is what to expect from him, including missing several games. But, all-in-all, divisional games, particularly in the East, are always hard fought no matter the records of the teams involved.

Giants fans of all fans know how hard it is to make it back after winning a SB. If I recall correctly, 2008 has the only year that we made it back to the playoffs after a SB win, and that ended with the spirit crushing defeat at the hands of the Eagles.

We have a tough road, that's for sure. I'd have to say this is the first year in many that when the pundits say we're only going to go 8-8 or 9-7 that I can't really complain about it. Granted, I think they're wrong, but I can't get on them for believing that it will be a challenge for us to get back to the playoffs.

That being said, if we make it back to the playoffs, watch out. We will be battle tested and hardened. We would have already run a gauntlet.

miked1958
04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Another factor is when things become a lock -- you guys cruised through the regular season being 13-0 and at some point the sense of urgency is gone -- you could have lost all of December and still won the division.* So even if just a little you may let off the accelerator.

The Giants had six -- SIX -- games in a row they had to win or they'd be done, starting with the Jets in week 16.* By the time they faced the Packers they had already played THREE elimination do-or-die games to save their season.* Whereas the Packers may have started easing up when they clinched the division and/or #1 seed in December and then had a week off to start the playoffs.
It goes to show you that if u have a sense of urgency and get hot at the right time a team can make a run at the SB on the road....

jomo
04-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I just dont understand why our team came out so flat that day. It was like we weren't into it and neither were the fans. Rodgers played ok but was off as well. We lost to you guys in 2007 as well then lost again so it still hurts almost as much as you losing to Philly.You guys should understand momentum as well as anyone. In the previous year, you got Rodgers back in time for the game with us, then backed in when we lost that awful game at the Meadowlands. From there you just rolled thruogh the playoffs and Super Bowl. This year we were rising when you were sinking and it was really no contest. Next year is a whole new deal so shake it off and get ready for another battle to the finish.

Lambeau12
04-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Our schedule looks tougher next season. I am thinking 10-6.

miked1958
04-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Our schedule looks tougher next season. I am thinking 10-6.Your schedule is no where near as tough as ours. I see you at at least 12-4. Giants are more in the 10-6 range.. But we are good like that. I will take 9-7 again if it has a final result like last yr. lol

Lambeau12
04-25-2012, 12:53 AM
We have the Bears, Lion and Vikings twice. Then we have the Niners at home, Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Saints and of course our divisional rivals at home then on the road we have the Colts, Texans, Seahawks, Rams, Giants and our divisional rivals on the road. It could be a tough schedule.

GreenZone
04-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Just remember guys enjoy your reign on top cause repeating is tough in the NFL. Your division... we will be back as well I think and the Bears might be a very tough team as well next year.

Just to correct you, Lambeau12, I assume you can say: "we," when referring to the Packers because you are likely a part owner of the team.

"We," on this board, do not have any reign because we haven't been on the field to affect the outcome of any game, although those who attend a game and that scream when the opposition quarterback is trying to get a play called out, perhaps they can call themselves, "we."

But it is enjoyable to see what "they" have done. [;)]

SweetZombieJesus
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
No one is arguing with that. the point is that its perfectly understandable for Clay Matthews or anyone else involved with the Packers to fail to get over this loss for a very long time. To suggest that he should just shrug it off and move on defies everything we know about pro sports.</p>Yet isn't that exactly what they're supposed to do, even on a play-by-play basis? Isn't that what's great about Eli?

As I said, I'm not over the Flipper Anderson game and that was 23
years ago. Hell I'm not over the week 14 loss to the Rams in 1970 which
kept us out of the playoffs.

You and I are fans. We carry that baggage. People in the organization probably do too.

But the players? I remember OJ Anderson telling the story that some of his younger teammates didn't even know who he was and were telling him stories about himself. Strahan used to mention playing with LT in his motivational speeches to his teammates and they didn't know who he was.

You've got a local product, Victor Cruz, talking about his childhood dreams of watching AIKMAN and MONTANA in the Super Bowl. Not Simms, not LT.

A lot of the players don't understand the depth of this organization and probably don't go deeper than skimming the media guide, only a special few bother to learn about it. You start to appreciate it when you're here for a few years and get to see the old timers, the Giffords and Tittles and Simms and those guys. Most of them can't tell you about the 2006 Giants, let alone a playoff loss in 1989 or a regular season loss in 1970.

Heck, how many times have the Giants lost a big game and after the whistle they're smiling and laughing and yukking it up with their opponents?

Big pitchers shrug off a home run and go right back to pitching. A QB gets sacked and gets right back in the pocket to try again. Getting past a bad play is essential. Getting past a bad loss is too, albeit a lot harder. But you have to.

SweetZombieJesus
04-25-2012, 07:33 AM

You guys are right, we cant get over it. It eats at us to this day.You realize GB beat the Giants in 07 and 11. They just did it during the regular season. When it counted in the NFCCG in 07 and the Divisional Playoffs in 11 the Giants did what it took to move on to the SB and NFCCG. Hey maybe you guys will even beat us again in the 2012 regular season. Who knows.

Let's remember in 2010 if we had beaten them in the regular season, the Giants would have made the playoffs and the Packers would have been eliminated, and couldn't have won the Super Bowl.

We were reeling from the Eagles meltdown (division title in hand with a 24 point lead and 7:30 to go) and still had a chance to make the playoffs the next week in Green Bay... The Giants showed up in a fog and got clobberred.

Win that game and the Giants are in the playoffs and the eventual champion Packers are sitting home.

TuckYou
04-25-2012, 07:47 AM
We have the Bears, Lion and Vikings twice. Then we have the Niners at home, Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Saints and of course our divisional rivals at home then on the road we have the Colts, Texans, Seahawks, Rams, Giants and our divisional rivals on the road. It could be a tough schedule.</P>

Tough? man, Id take that.And remember the Saints arent going to be great anymore.</P>

Have you seen our schedule? Our last 11 games are vs division rivals or last years playoff teams. </P>

</P>

</P>

Morehead State
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
No one is arguing with that. the point is that its perfectly understandable for Clay Matthews or anyone else involved with the Packers to fail to get over this loss for a very long time. To suggest that he should just shrug it off and move on defies everything we know about pro sports.</P>

Yet isn't that exactly what they're supposed to do, even on a play-by-play basis? Isn't that what's great about Eli?

As I said, I'm not over the Flipper Anderson game and that was 23 years ago. Hell I'm not over the week 14 loss to the Rams in 1970 which kept us out of the playoffs.

You and I are fans. We carry that baggage. People in the organization probably do too.

But the players? I remember OJ Anderson telling the story that some of his younger teammates didn't even know who he was and were telling him stories about himself. Strahan used to mention playing with LT in his motivational speeches to his teammates and they didn't know who he was.

You've got a local product, Victor Cruz, talking about his childhood dreams of watching AIKMAN and MONTANA in the Super Bowl. Not Simms, not LT.

A lot of the players don't understand the depth of this organization and probably don't go deeper than skimming the media guide, only a special few bother to learn about it. You start to appreciate it when you're here for a few years and get to see the old timers, the Giffords and Tittles and Simms and those guys. Most of them can't tell you about the 2006 Giants, let alone a playoff loss in 1989 or a regular season loss in 1970.

Heck, how many times have the Giants lost a big game and after the whistle they're smiling and laughing and yukking it up with their opponents?

Big pitchers shrug off a home run and go right back to pitching. A QB gets sacked and gets right back in the pocket to try again. Getting past a bad play is essential. Getting past a bad loss is too, albeit a lot harder. But you have to.
</P>

The argument that a player should shrug off a loss or bad play is not relavent here. I expect that a player who cares deeply about the success of his team (which we all want in our players) would usE a hard loss as motivation, especially in an emotional sport like football.</P>

I expect my players to give a **** about these things. I expect them to be devistated by losses in the playoffs. Nothing is as final as a playoff loss.</P>

mcillo
04-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Man if Matthews cant get over it....The Pats need to be on suicide watch lol</P>

GB didn't see their loss to us coming at all.** The Pats definately feared us.* I can see GB taking it harder.* They were 15-1 after all.</P>
Sure they saw it coming. After that regular season game at home ( NY ) the Packers knew we were not who people thought we were. The loss couldn`t have played out any better for us and any more eerie in comparison to the reg. season Pats game in 2007

bigblue58
04-25-2012, 09:11 AM
The Giants sucked on DEFENSE a good portion of the year because thats the unit that was the most severely impacted by injuries.....the offense was consistently good the entire season!
We just happened to get healthy again on D at the right time of the season.
I reject any notion that the Giants were somehow a flukey SB champion, or didn't deserve anything just because of the regular season record.
The regular season record is not a good barometer for how good the Giants were last year....the post season is what you judge the Giants by, because the last third of the season and into the playoffs and SB, is when the Giants were back to...or close to being 100%. The healthy Giants that won important games to get into the post season and then go on thru to the SB was the TRUE Giants team.
Had the Giants had the same healthy team that won the SB, they would not have been 9-7!

G-Man67
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
this surprises me a bit, i mean playoff loses always sting and home playoff loses sting even more ... i still have nightmares of Flipper Anderson running out of old Giants stadium</P>

but it's hard to repeat as Super Bowl champs</P>

the Giants had a similar experience the year after Super Bowl 42 ... we had a solid regular season at 12-4 (which i know is not equal to 15-1) ... but we were a confident bunch and we lost to Philly in a bad weather game in the Divisional round</P>

plus, while i was incredibly nervous almost to the very end ... casual fans thought the game was over long before the final whistle ... so in the end it wasn't generally considered to bethatclose of a game</P>

maybe if we had struggled to beat Atlanta and then got blown out in SF ... you could say, wow, how did we lose to the 9-7 Giants, but you lost to the eventual Super Bowl champs</P>

if i'm a Green Bay fan ... the 2007/8 Championship Game is or was eating at me way more than last year b/c you weren't coming off a Super Bowl win and you didn't know how good Favre's replacement was going to be and you gave the game away with a turnover</P>

finally, the regular season game we played vs. you guys last year must have been a hint that if you were to meet us again ... it wasn't going to be an easy game</P>

Lambeau12
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
I think we thought you guys were going to be an easy win. I thought we would beat you actually. If we get past you guys we might have won it all.

Harooni
04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
I think we thought you guys were going to be an easy win. I thought we would beat you actually. If we get past you guys we might have won it all. boy ,you were not kidding, its all over nfl radio that at 15-1 you guys can't get over the "upset". I personally think Rodgers is the best QB in the nfl right now. but as we saw it takes a full team to win, your defense found it hard to get off the field.