PDA

View Full Version : Burfict failed a drug test at the combine too.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Honestly if you were trying to not get a shot in the NFL you would do everything this guy has done this year. Really dont think it is even a remote possibility he gets drafted, and would almost be surprised if a team brought him in as a UDFA.

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
At the rate he's going the failed drug test might actually raise his draft status.

I've never seen a guy bust out between his senior game and the draft.

Amazing.

Tommy_Ribs
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM
This guy is a damn train wreck.

They said his one-on-one interviews with teams were so bad, that after the meetings teams went and removed him from their boards entirely.

Who knows how true that really is, but man, this guy is falling apart as fast as I can remember anyone falling apart.

myles2424
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
So were dealing with a genius here...

jhamburg
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Feeling pretty good about my bet with MMB that he won't be taken by the 2nd round...

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Feeling pretty good about my bet with MMB that he won't be taken by the 2nd round...

Ohhhh MMB about to take it on the chin with another one of his infamous bets rofl.

Shockeyitus
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM
He's got the Raiders drueling!!

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 01:52 PM
He's got the Raiders drueling!!

very much doubt it. Reggie McKenzie when he was with GB never dealt with guys with character issues, bet he does much the same for the Raiders

Redeyejedi
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Honestly if you were trying to not get a shot in the NFL you would do everything this guy has done this year. Really dont think it is even a remote possibility he gets drafted, and would almost be surprised if a team brought him in as a UDFA.The Jets will I bet

Shockeyitus
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Honestly if you were trying to not get a shot in the NFL you would do everything this guy has done this year. Really dont think it is even a remote possibility he gets drafted, and would almost be surprised if a team brought him in as a UDFA.The Jets will I bet

The Jets are the new Raiders!!! God Speed!

Redeyejedi
04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
He fits the Jets perfectly. A player with more media play then his play deserves.The Jets wil bring him in just for the attention it will bring. It will get sports writers to write articles. His best fit is a thumper in a 3-4 anyway

TheEnigma
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
He's so good that he wants to hurt his draft stock and have the freedom of choosing a team as a UDFA.

Why should a superior player enter the draft?

Obviously

Rat_bastich
04-25-2012, 05:07 PM
This guy is Lawrence Phillips and Maurice Clarett all wrapped up in one. Someone will still take that chance...I just hope to hell it won't be us. I still think the Cowboys or Jets would be the teams to do something this stupid.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
This guy is Lawrence Phillips and Maurice Clarett all wrapped up in one..

Nahh, Phillips and Clarett were actually good college players. Burfict wasent

TheEnigma
04-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Burfict's motivation to fall down in draft (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoXWDLwTO8&feature=youtu.be/)

Though if I was his agent, I'd suggest him to write a book on "What not to do to drop your draft stock", a Vontaze Production.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Burfict's motivation to fall down in draft (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoXWDLwTO8&feature=youtu.be/)

bahahahaha

DownWitJPP
04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

LMAO i thought we had the last pick this year, looks like someone on the Colts gonna get lucky or not lucky depending how u look at it lol

giantman8493
04-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Do you think his stock fell enough for us to move up and grab him at maybe 25?

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM

shouldnt this be in red?

DownWitJPP
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM

BAAHAHAHAH ROFL LMAO

TheEnigma
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Do you think his stock fell enough for us to move up and grab him at maybe 25?With the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...Vontaze Burfict, Linebacker out of Arizona State.

Ross: What the heck!

Ireland: ...Well you wanted people to fill the seats and this kid will with his attitude and finger pointing.

C1010
04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Its quite sad how he has honestly ruined himself. Heck only a month ago he was slated to be a 1st rounder.

Redeyejedi
04-25-2012, 05:58 PM

bahahahahaShe looks a little crazy

DownWitJPP
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Its quite sad how he has honestly ruined himself. Heck only a month ago he was slated to be a 1st rounder.

first rounder by who? people on the Giants Message board? lolz

giants63
04-25-2012, 06:20 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>What the heck, I say we use our 4th rounder on him</FONT></P>

</P>

Neverend
04-25-2012, 06:25 PM
If burfict was in shape at the combine, ran a fast sub 4.6 40, didnt have drug issues, and had a very good overall offseason thus far....

I still wouldnt draft this kid by any means

His instincts and feel for the game absolutely suck. One of most undisciplined, freelancing linebackers I have ever seen when it comes to top LB prospects. He is a tool on the field.

Aperspective
04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Take it easy on the kid. I hope he finds a home and has a great career in the NFL.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM

Lol. No. He was never anywhere close to a first rounder.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Take it easy on the kid. I hope he finds a home and has a great career in the NFL.

What are you his mom? The kid has done all this to himself. He doesn't deserve a chance

Rat_bastich
04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
The guy is a raw player that makes bad on the field decisions that cost his team. He is behind some of the most boneheaded penalties I have ever seen.

His off the field decisions will probably eventually put him on par with Pac Man Jones...if he gets a chance.

giantman8493
04-25-2012, 09:31 PM

shouldnt this be in red?Nah son, I-Robot

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 09:50 PM
What a ****head. Mike Adams, an OT that several mocks had us picking with the 32nd, failed a test for pot before the combine. Another ****head.

Stupid me just posted the other day that I'd still take Burfict in the 3rd or 4th round, but now I would just take him as an UDFA. Well, alright, I'd take him in the 6th or 7th round.

SOMEONE will take him in the draft and I can't blame them because he's lays such a licking on opposing players.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 09:54 PM
SOMEONE will take him in the draft and I can't blame them because he's lays such a licking on opposing players.

Why take someone who makes an occasional big hit when they can take someone who can actually play football and isnt a complete idiot to boot?

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 10:15 PM

Why take someone who makes an occasional big hit when they can take someone who can actually play football and isnt a complete idiot to boot?
I know, I know, I know and you're completely right. I'm just HOPING (stupid, I know) that he could come on a solid team-first organization like ours, surrounded by SB players and smart veterans who can get him to focus, put him in his place, and straighten up.

I would just love to see him laying out opposing players with those vicious hits. He'd probably be a COMPLETE bust, but I'd be willing to spend a 6th round pick on him.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I would just love to see him laying out opposing players with those vicious hits. He'd probably be a COMPLETE bust, but I'd be willing to spend a 6th round pick on him.

Hes never even going to make vicious hits in the NFL considering he is never in position, has virtually no instincts, and cant move or run for crap.

Martyr
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Someone will draft him, at the very least take him as a height/weight/size guy

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 10:30 PM

6'1 250 pound unathletic people are rare? I think i went to highschool with a couple hundred of them.

jomo
04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Burfict's motivation to fall down in draft (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoXWDLwTO8&amp;feature=youtu.be/) bahahahahaShe looks a little crazylol Fatal Attraction situation right there. I hope he's not that stupid but based on the past few weeks, I fear that he may be.

GMAN8625
04-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Did you guys see how fat and out of shape he was in that picture for his article? Sad to see wasted talent.

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 11:40 PM
That picture in the article -- I believe that he had lost 15 LBS already at that point.

Pierce wasn't exactly Mr. Slim either.

Bohemian
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
cocaine is a hell of a drug!

gfanblue
04-26-2012, 12:03 AM
He's got the Raiders drueling!! what's dreul???

gfanblue
04-26-2012, 12:03 AM
He's got the Raiders drueling!! what's dreul???

wideright91
04-26-2012, 02:29 AM

6'1 250 pound unathletic people are rare? I think i went to highschool with a couple hundred of them.

And does a 5+ second 40 time qualify as "speed?" He's neck &amp; neck with Rich Eisen...

That said, I think the Ravens take a late round flier on him--and personally, I'd love to see him pan out. Watch the tape from his sophomore year, if you haven't seen it--some of the most instinctive, physical linebacker play I've seen in a long time. It's really a shame he went so completely bonkers.

Martyr
04-26-2012, 03:57 AM

And does a 5+ second 40 time qualify as "speed?"* He's neck & neck with Rich Eisen...

That said, I think the Ravens take a late round flier on him--and personally, I'd love to see him pan out.* Watch the tape from his sophomore year, if you haven't seen it--some of the most instinctive, physical linebacker play I've seen in a long time.* It's really a shame he went so completely bonkers.*

For some reason I thought he was 6' 3"