PDA

View Full Version : Don"t be surpised if Bobby Massie is the Gmen pick in the 1st.

Puretalent
04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
This guy has been flying up draft broads. With Martin being stamped Weak and Adams doing his best to ruin his stock. Massie just might be the 3rd best OT. I would'nt be mad at all if he the 1st pick for the GMEN. Beatty and Massie could be great bookend tackles for the next 10yrs.

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Pre-draft hype.

Massie was a projected 3rd round talent pre-Combine.

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd but I don't think there is a big enough difference between him and Brandon Mosely (another 3rd round projection) to pick him in the first.

GMENAGAIN
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
This guy has been flying up draft broads. With Martin being stamped Weak and Adams doing his best to ruin his stock. Massie just might be the 3rd best OT. I would'nt be mad at all if he the 1st pick for the GMEN. Beatty and Massie could be great bookend tackles for the next 10yrs.</P>

"Flying up" mock draft boards means absolutely nothing . . . . although I don't recall seeing a mock draft that shows him as a first rounder.</P>

All that matters is where he is on the Giants draft board . . . . </P>

critters
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Sorry.. I won't be able to help but be surprised and super pissed if that is our pick.

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry.. I won't be able to help but be surprised and super pissed if that is our pick.

I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if he was our 2nd round pick.

I think I even had him in a couple of mocks.

Puretalent
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Really don't think he is gonna last until the giants 2nd round pick. He is on a rise like Duane Brown was a couple of yrs ago.

myles2424
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM
"Martin being stamped Weak" .......explain...

G-Men Surg.
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
No way bro, I don't like to say never but that's just out of the question.

critters
04-25-2012, 01:10 PM

I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if he was our 2nd round pick.

I think I even had him in a couple of mocks.

I could handle that.

Puretalent
04-25-2012, 01:34 PM

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/OT/Jonathan-Martin.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2aD47d8Hs&feature=relmfu

a couple of reports that talk about his lack of power.

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM

19 reps on the bench (or some thing to that effect).

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Really don't think he is gonna last until the giants 2nd round pick. He is on a rise like Duane Brown was a couple of yrs ago.

Possibly ... but again if I was thinking of targetting Massie, I'd wait it out in the second round and content myself with Brandon Mosely in the 3rd if massie was gone (they're almost identical talent wise).

GMENAGAIN
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
This guy has been flying up draft broads. With Martin being stamped Weak and Adams doing his best to ruin his stock. Massie just might be the 3rd best OT. I would'nt be mad at all if he the 1st pick for the GMEN. Beatty and Massie could be great bookend tackles for the next 10yrs.</P>

"Flying up" mock draft boards means absolutely nothing . . . . although I don't recall seeing a mock draft that shows him as a first rounder.</P>

All that matters is where he is on the Giants draft board . . . . </P>

</P>

Spoke too soon . . . Kiper has him going to us at 32 in his final mock . . . but his final mock also doesn't have Kendall Wright being drafted in the first so I don't know how much stock you can put in it . . . . </P>

myles2424
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM

19 reps on the bench (or some thing to that effect). oh Jonathan Martin.....I thought we were talking doug martin...lol

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM

19 reps on the bench (or some thing to that effect). oh Jonathan Martin.....I thought we were talking doug martin...lol

Haha no no no ... ironically Doug Martin had more reps on the bench then Jonathan Martin iirc.

Shockeyitus
04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Not interested in Jonathan Martin, OT.... DeCastro was so dominant at Stanford that I think it made Martin look a lot better than he actually is. With that said, if DeCastro suddenly falls to #32, i'd do cartwheels down broadway.

Puretalent
04-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Just dont hit me because Im gonna be doing cartwheels from the other direction.

Massie is picking up stream fast. Read his profile he sounds like a good prospect for the OLine.

G-Men Surg.
04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Just dont hit me because Im gonna be doing cartwheels from the other direction.

Massie is picking up stream fast. Read his profile he sounds like a good prospect for the OLine.
Some scouts and experts are saying he the most NFL ready RT this coming draft and I do really like him but not with the 1st pick. Maybe if the Giants trade downs and grab an extra 2nd this scenario could turn out to be right but man I just don't see him getting drafted by the Giants in the first specially if someone ( Hightower, Chandler Jones, Stephen Hill, etc )else slides down to the Giants lap.