PDA

View Full Version : Prince Amukamara's foot...

BeatYale
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/04/what-more-could-the-champs-possibly-need

In that article (from yesterday) Ralph V mentions that Prince's foot is still giving him problems today. I wasn't aware that his foot wasn't 100%. How serious is his issue?

ny06
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Just ask Bradshaw, feet issues can last a long time. I bet he will be nothing less than 100% once training camp opens up. </P>

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
The way he said it makes it seem like its still an issue, its not.

Prince said it felt 100% last season, but because the x-rays werent showing it to be perfect, he got another procedure to correct it, and hes been on crutches or in a walking boot since the procedure. Its not giving him problems, he just has not recovered completely since the procedure, but he is on schedule to be ready for camp.

BeatYale
04-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Just ask Bradshaw, feet issues can last a long time. I bet he will be nothing less than 100% once training camp opens up. </P>

That's my concern. Bradshaw's foot problems lead back to his college days, seems in his case there is no cure - the issues with the fracture(s) seem to linger today.

BeatYale
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM

Prince said it felt 100% last season, but because the x-rays werent showing it to be perfect, he got another procedure to correct it, and hes been on crutches or in a walking boot since the procedure. Its not giving him problems, he just has not recovered completely since the procedure, but he is on schedule to be ready for camp.

That's good to hear.

G-Man67
04-25-2012, 01:14 PM
i think we did the right thing ... we were cautious ... we didn't throw him out there too soon</P>

and he held up, so what better sign is there than that</P>

as far as a follow-up procedure ... yes, that could be a red flag, but modern sports medicine is pretty impressive ... i'm hoping whatever they did, will only provide more insurance towards him staying healthy</P>

B&RWarrior
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I think he cam back to early. Hopefully he learned his lesson and there are no lingering effects.

B&RWarrior
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I think he came back to early. Hopefully there are no lingering effects and he'll be 100% for next season.

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM

God, I hope you're right. Otherwise maybe Prince and especially AB can get foot transplants.

since55
04-26-2012, 07:33 AM
I think he cam back to early.* Hopefully he learned his lesson and there are no lingering effects.

Interesting. You think HE came back too early. Not that THE GIANTS brought him back too early.

You hope HE learned HIS lesson.

God forbid any responsibility should be laid at the feet of the Giants medical staff.

Vtgmenfan89
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Well last I remember of him playing extended snaps, he essentially shut down Julio Jones (rookie yes, but he was pretty damn good this year) as well as Jordy Nelson when Ross went down. I am very high on Prince this upcoming year, and will be very disappointed if the coaching staff chooses to start Thomas outside over him.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I think he came back to early.* Hopefully there are no lingering effects and he'll be 100% for next season.

he and the medical staff agreed he was healthy and could play. There was no danger of making it worse, so its not an issue of coming back to early. He felt 100%, but there was a part that didnt seem to be healing the way they wanted, so he had another procedure.

B&RWarrior
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I think he came back to early. Hopefully there are no lingering effects and he'll be 100% for next season. he and the medical staff agreed he was healthy and could play. There was no danger of making it worse, so its not an issue of coming back to early. He felt 100%, but there was a part that didnt seem to be healing the way they wanted, so he had another procedure.</P>

Sometimes injuries don't heal like you want them to and you need corrective surgery. Other times injuries are notgiven enough time to heal properly and it changes the way the injury heals. The Giants staff isn't going to say we misdiagnosed the timetable for his initial recovery.Prince complained the foot was hurting him more than was expected after his initial comeback. That's a clear sign that either he wasn't fully healed or the foot hadn't healed properly. It's not clear and definite one way or the other. Hopefully there will be no permanent damage, but you really hate to see second procedures done on the same injury.</P>