PDA

View Full Version : Herzillah eyes starting MLB

Martyr
04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82895951/article/new-york-giants-mark-herzlich-takes-aim-at-starting-spot?module=HP11_headline_stack</P>

I am already pumped for training camp. These Lb's should be fun to watch battle it out.</P>

Kruunch
04-25-2012, 03:57 PM
It'd be awesome if Herzlich returned to his BC form.

B&RWarrior
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
It'd be awesome if Herzlich returned to his BC form.</P>

If he can we have our starting MLB and then some. </P>

TheEnigma
04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
How can anyone not like this kid? If there is anyone I want to see improve the most, it's him.

nygfan0816
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
i said at the end of the year, my bold prediction was that herzlich will be the starting MLB in 2012 and be a damn good 1.

hope hes fully recovered and if he gets back to his BC for, then i will be a happy fan.

buddy33
04-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Didn't he say that his 1st year back, his last year of college, that his mind knew what to do but his body couldn't? Last year, his 1st as a pro, he said he started to feel his body getting it. If he can get back to form the Giants would have a very nice LB. I thought he was stout in his limited action against the run. Struggled some with the pass, but was close to getting a a sack. It was a lockout season so maybe with another year of being healthy and a year of being a pro he will be ready to start.

TuckYou
04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Herzlich needs to get quicker if he wants the starting spot. Blackburn is still ahead of him on the depth chart IMO, and Chase barely made it back here.

C1010
04-25-2012, 06:13 PM
How can anyone not like this kid? If there is anyone I want to see improve the most, it's him.

x2

Rat_bastich
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I think this year linebacker will end up proving to be a strength. Its almost like the last few years where we worried about an O-Line and they stepped up, then last year we wondered about our receiving corps to include tight end. They stepped up.

This year is the running game and linebackers. I think we have so many young and talented players at linebacker that one or two are sure to shine.

Breezely
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I remember when some of the critics on these boards were saying that the Giants were weak at Linebacker!!!! Theses guys are getting the job done and will only get better. Yeah, injuries hurt a little last year but these guys stepped up and got the job done. I like the competition at Linebacker.

giantyankee1976
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM

THIS

I like this kid's moxie, but I also want to see G-Jones compete for that spot too

B&RWarrior
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Herzlich needs to get quicker if he wants the starting spot. Blackburn is still ahead of him on the depth chart IMO, and Chase barely made it back here.</P>

Balckburn is not in considertation for the starting MLB job.</P>

GMenNY21
04-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Herzlich needs to get quicker if he wants the starting spot. Blackburn is still ahead of him on the depth chart IMO, and Chase barely made it back here.</P>

Balckburn is not in considertation for the starting MLB job.</P>why you say that?

Martyr
04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I remember when some of the critics on these boards were saying that the Giants were weak at Linebacker!!!! Theses guys are getting the job done and will only get better. Yeah, injuries hurt a little last year but these guys stepped up and got the job done. I like the competition at Linebacker.</P>

hell yeah! these backers will make each other earn it </P>

Breezely
04-25-2012, 09:52 PM
************LAST SUMMER!***************

These are excerpts from last summer, by linebackers coach Jim Hermann:

"Q: How are the young kids? What have you seen out of Herzlich? Youre laughing. Why are you smiling?

A: I like my young group. Theyre a great group of kids, they really are. Greg Jones from Michigan State. Im obviously from Michigan. Hes done a great job. You can tell he played at a high level in college. He has great instincts to the ball. He picks things up fast. Hes going to be fine. Hes a good, young player. Jacquain Williams, to me, hes the kind of guy you look for. He played D-end in college. You put him on two feet in pro football. Hes one of those guys that can go from sideline to sideline. He can catch quick, he can cover and hes learning the game. If I just say okay go cover that guy, the guy will be covered now. ___ the assignment part of itwho am I covering, who am I not covering. Hes doing a good job of it. Hes learning on the move. Herzlich I love, because hes one of those kids who--something in his life, obviously his sickness--has really driven his focus to succeed and hes going to succeed. Thats just the way he is. Pretty much he was on his death bed and now hes playing in the NFL camp with the New York Giants. Thats a great story. Then youve got Spencer Paysinger who, to me, is one of those young guys who you know youre really like in college. He played in that system and spread and all that stuff, but hes gained a few pounds since hes been here and he can move, too. Hes kind of quick, too. I like that group here. Its good a mesh, they like each other and its been a good group."

Q: Where do you feel Herzlich lines up?

A: Ive got him playing a couple positions. Hes a highly intelligent kid, so the concern is just trying to find his niche right now. Probably in the middle, probably at SAM.

Q: So he can do both?

A: Yeah

******From linebackers coach last summer********

Breezely
04-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Herzlich was huge on special teams and now with his sights set on starting, with a year under his belt!!!!! Never count this dude out. To be realistic, I think its a wide stretch that he will be the starting MLB this year but with his determination, I wouldn't be surprised if he become #2.

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82895951/article/new-york-giants-mark-herzlich-takes-aim-at-starting-spot?module=HP11_headline_stack</P>

I am already pumped for training camp. These Lb's should be fun to watch battle it out.</P>
I'm excited about our LB corp in general, and maybe we'll be adding to it over the next few days. They're looking solid and we've got a slew of young guys who are just bound to improve.

I prefer not to get my expectations too high for Herz, but I know that he's going to give it his all and I hope to be pleasantly surprised if he can eventually start at MLB over the next few years.