PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we won't get any help WC wise

miked1958
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Our chance was lost last week when all three teams in WC hunt lost. Had we won the GB game we would have had two routes to playoffs. Yea. I know, I know, beat the cowboys twice and we are in.
Today Cam and Carolina were way up on falcons 23-7 and now under two minutes left they are down to Atlanta 31-23. The Lions were way up on Viking by three plus scores. Vikes have narrowed it to one score but looks like Detroit will hold on.

Bears play later

gmen0820
12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Detroit might lose.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Detroit might lose.They are up 34-28 with nine seconds left. I doubt it unless minn is about to score

gmen0820
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Detroit might lose.They are up 34-28 with nine seconds left. I doubt it unless minn is about to scoreThink I saw they were at the Detroit 1. They lost.

Joe Morrison
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Giants don't need help, they weill take care of business starting tonight.

Gianthunter
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
If they can't play their way in the frontdoor it's useless.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Tonight's game is with <u>everything </u>on the line.

Giants lose, they fall to 6-7, and will have a very long shot to overtake what could be as many as four 8-5 teams ahead of them (Cowboys, Lions, Falcons, and perhaps Bears) for a playoff berth.

Cowboys lose, they fall to 7-6, and trail the Lions, who own the tiebreaker, and the 8-5 Falcons, and perhaps 8-5 Bears. Again, very long shot.

UK-Giantsfan
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
win tonight or bust

wild card at 9-7 was a longshot anyway

SIMMS5611
12-11-2011, 05:45 PM
As Adrian said to Rocky Balboa from her hospital bed in Rocky II...

"Win."

bearbryant
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
WC doesn't come out of the East. After we win tonight the East belongs to us...As long as our head doesn't get too big!

miked1958
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Detroit might lose.They are up 34-28 with nine seconds left. I doubt it unless minn is about to scoreThink I saw they were at the Detroit 1. They lost.
Wow.. Just our luck. U were right. First and goal at the lions 1 yard line with 9 seconds left. Webb runs it and a lions D player grabs his face mask which was not flagged, the balled popped loose and was batted up field by a lions player towards midfield. Webb went back to get it but fumbled again and a lions player fell on it to end the game.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
At worst they should of got a redo from the half yard line with no time on clock. They could of won by a point if they had scored. Oh well

miked1958
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
As Adrian said to Rocky Balboa from her hospital bed in Rocky II...

"Win."
Wow... Love it

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm pissed at Cam for not pulling off that win and turning over the ball twice like that. He's not considered a rookie any more. It's time for the coaches to start digging in and start holding him accountable for his mistakes... he's better than that.

Rusty192
12-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm pissed at Cam for not pulling off that win and turning over the ball twice like that. He's not considered a rookie any more. It's time for the coaches to start digging in and start holding him accountable for his mistakes... he's better than that.lol

im sorry this is just really funny.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm pissed at Cam for not pulling off that win and turning over the ball twice like that. He's not considered a rookie any more. It's time for the coaches to start digging in and start holding him accountable for his mistakes... he's better than that.lol

im sorry this is just really funny.
Yeah it is funny. I go a few days defending the guy and just when I was ready to come brag about his big game... he turns around and throw 2 picks and help his team lose the game. He got that Lebron James sweaty palms in the 4th quarter syndrome. Lol

P_Simms_#11
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Cam Newton's not a rookie anymore?

BlueBlitzer
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Come on, look at the monkees the WC's were playing. any loss would have been an upset. vikings, Panthers ? Bucs lost to the Jags of all people. The front runners are showing up the also rans are now officially finished. The Giants will take the division and end up playing the Detroit *****Cats or the Dirty Birds wild card weekend.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
4 preseason games and 12 regular season games... nope, he's not a rookie anymore.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Come on, look at the monkees the WC's were playing. any loss would have been an upset. vikings, Panthers ? Bucs lost to the Jags of all people. The front runners are showing up the also rans are now officially finished. The Giants will take the division and end up playing the Detroit *****Cats or the Dirty Birds wild card weekend.The Bucs aren't in the playoff hunt and the Jags got a new interim head coach that the players like.

GiantsFan31
12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
they should've won last week if they wanted a chance at a WC spot as well, considering everyone lost in the NFC except the Pack which of course is who we were playing.

BlueBlitzer
12-11-2011, 06:35 PM
My point was, thefield has officially seperated from the rest of the NFL.

Gianthunter
12-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
My point was, the*field has officially seperated from the rest of the NFL.It seems like parity is all but gone. There's been a lot of bad teams in the NFL lately. The Seahawks won their division at 7-9 for Christ's sakes. It seems like a lot of teams are playing for draft picks. Where's the passion?

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.Oh stop it. Are you a football fan or just a Giants' fan. I love the Giants but I don't close my eyes to rest of the league. You and I are cut from a different cloth.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.Oh stop it. Are you a football fan or just a Giants' fan. I love the Giants but I don't close my eyes to rest of the league. You and I are cut from a different cloth.

Denaliman316
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Anyone who's saying teams won't show up once their playoff hopes are over or clinched needed to watch today's games. Pats barely got by the Skins, Vikes played the Lions hard.

Just because Tampa and the Eagles are out of it don't think they won't play hard.

Oh and Green Bay is beating the tar out of Oakland. Makes me think a little more highly of our defense last week.

Gianthunter
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.Oh stop it. Are you a football fan or just a Giants' fan. I love the Giants but I don't close my eyes to rest of the league. You and I are cut from a different cloth.No I just know where in the forums to ***** and[:'(] about the quarterback of a team we are not playing. Soyes we are cut from a different cloth.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Anyone who's saying teams won't show up once their playoff hopes are over or clinched needed to watch today's games. Pats barely got by the Skins, Vikes played the Lions hard.

Just because Tampa and the Eagles are out of it don't think they won't play hard.

Oh and Green Bay is beating the tar out of Oakland. Makes me think a little more highly of our defense last week.

Number one, the eagles are not officially out of it. Not yet.
Number two, we did give up 31 to GBs offense. It's our offense u should be impressed with puttin up 35 on the pack and the raiders getting shut out

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.Oh stop it. Are you a football fan or just a Giants' fan. I love the Giants but I don't close my eyes to rest of the league. You and I are cut from a different cloth.No I just know where in the forums to ***** and*[:'(] about the quarterback of a team we are not playing. So*yes we are cut from a different cloth.The title of this thread is "Looks like we won't get any help WC wise". What did you expect ppl to talk about in this thread... Eli Manning?

miked1958
12-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm pissed at Cam for not pulling off that win and turning over the ball twice like that. He's not considered a rookie any more. It's time for the coaches to start digging in and start holding him accountable for his mistakes... he's better than that.
Yep.. Both Carolina and minny blew it today. Could have sent the falcons and lions packing again but let them off the hook.

Gianthunter
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.Oh stop it. Are you a football fan or just a Giants' fan. I love the Giants but I don't close my eyes to rest of the league. You and I are cut from a different cloth.No I just know where in the forums to ***** and[:'(] about the quarterback of a team we are not playing. Soyes we are cut from a different cloth.Sorry alittle harsh but the waiting is killing me. But I did see Wayne in Vegas and enjoyed it.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Cam or Wayne Newton. Who the **** cares. The Giants ain't playing either one.Oh stop it. Are you a football fan or just a Giants' fan. I love the Giants but I don't close my eyes to rest of the league. You and I are cut from a different cloth.No I just know where in the forums to ***** and*[:'(] about the quarterback of a team we are not playing. So*yes we are cut from a different cloth.The title of this thread is "Looks like we won't get any help WC wise". What did you expect ppl to talk about in this thread... Eli Manning?
Lol

P_Simms_#11
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
4 preseason games and 12 regular season games... nope, he's not a rookie anymore.

Wrong. He is still in his first season.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Wrong. He is still in his first season.
Whatever man.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Yep.. Both Carolina and minny blew it today. Could have sent the falcons and lions packing again but let them off the hook.What happened to Ponder... he got hurt?

LTGiantsFan
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Yep.. Both Carolina and minny blew it today. Could have sent the falcons and lions packing again but let them off the hook.What happened to Ponder... he got hurt?

No. He threw 3 interceptions and they pulled him out and put Joe Webb in.

NYfanatic
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks to Good ole Cam and his picks, a we all knew terrible vikings squad and a broncos squad dropping almost all of tebows passes squad the lions, falcons and bears will stay alive...

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Not to change the subject but your avatar... I got that same poster on my son's wall. Thanks because I wondering what happened to him.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks to Good ole Cam and his picks
Awwww shutup :-)

NYfanatic
12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks to Good ole Cam and his picks
Awwww shutup :-)
I did call him "Good ole"

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
bears LOSE. Denver Tebow's win.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
bears LOSE.* Denver Tebow's win.
Well at least one of them lost. But there's only two wild cards. We would have to beat out the bears and one of the other two

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-11-2011, 08:33 PM
bears LOSE. Denver Tebow's win. Well at least one of them lost. But there's only two wild cards. We would have to beat out the bears and one of the other two</P>

Falcons in...</P>

</P>

lions got a roughhh schedule and bears will continue to lose. </P>

</P>

maybe the cowboys sneak in</P>

LTGiantsFan
12-11-2011, 08:33 PM

Not to change the subject but your avatar... I got that same poster on my son's wall. Thanks because I wondering what happened to him.

No problem. I bet the poster looks great.

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't know if it was mentioned, but the Vikings got screwed vs. the Lions. The refs missed an obvious facemask on Webb on the last play of the game. Vikings should've got one more untimed down. It was a total crock.

NYfanatic
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Tebow has helped us out big time. Now only the falcons and lions, Cowboys and possibly us will most likely make the wild card.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't know if it was mentioned, but the Vikings got screwed vs. the Lions. The refs missed an obvious facemask on Webb on the last play of the game. Vikings should've got one more untimed down. It was a total crock.Yes I detailed the play in two posts early in this thread. Most didn't care saying we beat cowboys twice we win div, but I am more for multiple ways to get in. If they got that untimed down from the half yard line, they prob win 35-34 and help us out greatly. Refs missing and blowing calls left and right all season long

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know if it was mentioned, but the Vikings got screwed vs. the Lions. The refs missed an obvious facemask on Webb on the last play of the game. Vikings should've got one more untimed down. It was a total crock.Yes I detailed the play in two posts early in this thread. Most didn't care saying we beat cowboys twice we win div, but I am more for multiple ways to get in. If they got that untimed down from the half yard line, they prob win 35-34 and help us out greatly. Refs missing and blowing calls left and right all season long

I agree it's been a bad year for officiating. Refs blew that game for the Vikes. If that game was in Minnie, you can bet they would've threw a flag. They just wanted to get out of Detroit alive. It's not right to lose a game that way. It all comes down to tonight. Our playoffs begin in two minutes.