PDA

View Full Version : Ah hindsight

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/ny-giants-jason-pierre-paul-bust-making-annual-back-pain-1368095/

Some classics in that thread.

The eagles fan is my favorite - "I kept telling everyone if we pick up JPP we're idiots because he's a giant bust in the making. I let out a huge sigh of relief when we picked up Graham instead of this guy. JPP is a workout warrior, i'll give him that, but as for being a player on my team, I'm glad we passed."

giantsfan420
04-25-2012, 04:46 PM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/ny-giants-jason-pierre-paul-bust-making-annual-back-pain-1368095/

The eagles fan is my favorite - "I kept telling everyone if we pick up JPP we're idiots because he's a giant bust in the making. I let out a huge sigh of relief when we picked up Graham instead of this guy. JPP is a workout warrior, i'll give him that, but as for being a player on my team, I'm glad we passed."

lol.

but to be fair, there was plenty of giants fans who said the same thing...i won't lie, i didn't know much about him leading up to the draft, and I felt we had talent at DE with osi, tuck, and kiwi...
but, i know it sounds tripe, but when I saw that clip of him doing 21 backflips in a row, and saw a few clips of him play, i knew he was going to be an athletic, powerful player that OL would not be able to block 1v1

myles2424
04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I like the "glad we got Morgan instead of him".....lmao wish I could track these dummies down...

GmenFan1980
04-25-2012, 04:50 PM
there is a video on giants.com "fans react to DE Jason Pierre Paul"

It's hard to link but it is on the 9th page of draft videos. Hindsight is funny at times :)

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/draft.html#cltop

GMENAGAIN
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
At this point, the Giants are so good at drafting d-lineman that if they drafted a d-lineman named Joe Schmo from Idaho tommorrow, I would not question it . . . . </P>

TuckYou
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM

I was glad the Eagles didn't draft that safety, who I thought they were moving up for. I was upset we picked JPP. I thought we had enough pass rushers, and I thought he was far from great.

giantsfan420
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
lol that thread is ****ing awesome. so funny...wonder how those jets fans are feeling now, lmfao...

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Fan-react-to-DE-Pierre-Paul/58F2536B-BF98-47D3-89D8-EA6F62E2063A

Lol. Of course look at these insane looking giants fans to begin with.

TheEnigma
04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
No JPP and we don't beat the Cowboys at Jerry World this season. He's already paying off and then some.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Remember when JPP was on ST coverage and opposing teams players would just run out of the way instead of trying to block him? lol

Rat_bastich
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
I feel that Reese has beat me into submission at this point. Where I questioned him in the past, I believe that if he took a janitor I would go for it.

Martyr
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
At this point, the Giants are so good at drafting d-lineman that if they drafted a d-lineman named Joe Schmo from Idaho tommorrow, I would not question it . . . . </P>

</P>

lol agreed!</P>

NWKEffectElement
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I was scared of the possibility of us drafting him because of his lack of experience. But I never doubted Reese after the pick was made.

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM

lol.

but to be fair, there was plenty of giants fans who said the same thing...i won't lie, i didn't know much about him leading up to the draft, and I felt we had talent at DE with osi, tuck, and kiwi...
but, i know it sounds tripe, but when I saw that clip of him doing 21 backflips in a row, and saw a few clips of him play, i knew he was going to be an athletic, powerful player that OL would not be able to block 1v1
+1. I had nothing against him, but I know that I was pulling for a LB that year.

Well, I'm very satisfied with our LB corp now and fair to say that I'm a little satisfied with JPP. ;)

CDN_G-FAN
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
JPP's one of those picks i think you make because the upside is so UP!!!!!! that even if you're wrong its almost worth the bust.

it was kind of a lottery ticket and holy cow did our number come up.

hungrrrry
04-25-2012, 09:41 PM

lol.

but, i know it sounds tripe, but when I saw that clip of him doing 21 backflips in a row, and saw a few clips of him play, i knew he was going to be an athletic, powerful player that OL would not be able to block 1v1ditto

hungrrrry
04-25-2012, 09:43 PM
At this point, the Giants are so good at drafting d-lineman that if they drafted* a d-lineman named Joe Schmo from Idaho tommorrow, I would not question it . . . .* </P>what if his name was Slim Jim Schmuckatellii?

rainierjef
04-25-2012, 11:57 PM
im not going to sit here and act like i forsaw jpp being a beast. i hated the pick, i didnt know much about the guy though as i wasn't following college football, i wasn't following the players in the draft as intense as i am now and i had no redeye vids

Rat_bastich
04-26-2012, 06:10 AM
im not going to sit here and act like i forsaw jpp being a beast. i hated the pick, i didnt know much about the guy though as i wasn't following college football, i wasn't following the players in the draft as intense as i am now and i had no redeye vids

I thought to myself, Southern Florida...what the hell is that? Is that near Disney World? I was one that was hopeful but not excited about the pick.

Redeyejedi
04-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Remember when JPP was on ST coverage and opposing teams players would just run out of the way instead of trying to block him? lolI remember Gruden drooling over him on Monday Night Football. He said he was the Biggest player he ever saw on Kickoff Teams. He messed that 1 guy up bad on the Lions,He never played again

Mercury
04-26-2012, 07:56 AM
It is so early in his career, yet last year he was our best DE, on a team that is stacked with talent. He single-handedly took over that game vs. Dallas.

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM

what if his name was Slim Jim Schmuckatellii?</P>

I'd be on board . . . . </P>

buddy33
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there only a couple of GM's that saw him as a 1st round pick?

Just saying, if most GM's missed on him, of course many fans could get it wrong as well.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there only a couple of GM's that saw him as a 1st round pick?

Just saying, if most GM's missed on him, of course many fans could get it wrong as well.

i dont think we will ever know how many teams had him rated highly.

buddy33
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM

i dont think we will ever know how many teams had him rated highly.

Maybe. I thought someone had posted a while back that Reese was one of very few GM's that had JPP rated as high as he did.

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there only a couple of GM's that saw him as a 1st round pick? Just saying, if most GM's missed on him, of course many fans could get it wrong as well. i dont think we will ever know how many teams had him rated highly. Maybe. I thought someone had posted a while back that Reese was one of very few GM's that had JPP rated as high as he did.</P>

Not sure if thats true. I heard Tenn. was ready to draft JPP right behind us.</P>

gumby742
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm obviously glad we got him, but I wasn't crazy about the pick either.

Redeyejedi
04-26-2012, 12:25 PM

i dont think we will ever know how many teams had him rated highly.I had read that the Bucs loved him but got scared off taking him because of Gaines Adams not working out with a similar MO

Toadofsteel
04-26-2012, 12:48 PM
At least JPP has a career after the NFL. He can be a waiter, serving all of us a massive plate of crow...