PDA

View Full Version : Off the Beaten Path Possibilities . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
04-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Can you guys think of players that the Giants could possibly draft tomorrow that have not really been talked about at all (either in mock drafts or on the MB) as real possibilities for the Giants at 32??? </P>

I'll start with a few names: Kendall Reyes, Kevin Zeitler, Peter Konz</P>

Shockeyitus
04-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Zac Brown, North Carolina

XxBigWhitxX
04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Harrison Smith, Alshon Jeffery, Reuben Randle, Janoris Jenkins.

Spizi
04-25-2012, 05:06 PM

with some of the recent big boards and mocks I've seen, we could probably get Brown at 64.

slipknottin
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM

the softest player in the draft isnt exactly a good fit for one of the most physical teams in the league

TheEnigma
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Michael Brockers is a possible dropper.

critters
04-25-2012, 05:27 PM
I would say Reyes as well, but I've seen a mock or 2 that has that happening.

Maybe Courtney Upshaw... not a guy that fits our DE prototype, but if he drops like some are suggesting (I HIGHLY doubt it), he does fit the BPA at a position we may need.

Shockeyitus
04-25-2012, 05:35 PM

the softest player in the draft isnt exactly a good fit for one of the most physical teams in the league

The question was about someone off the beaten path.... Zac Brown's speed is very intriuging.

keyofgmen
04-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Can you guys think of players that the Giants could possibly draft tomorrow that have not really been talked about at all (either in mock drafts or on the MB) as real possibilities for the Giants at 32???* </P>

I'll start with a few names:* Kendall Reyes, Kevin Zeitler, Peter Konz</P>

Whadaya mean "not really talked about"? You read my Draft thoughts thread! So at least one expert talked about these guys! LOL!! (can't do red)

juice33s
04-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Not necessarily for us, but I just heard on NFL network that some team is "in love" with Bruce Irvin and promised to take him the first round. This is a guy that has long been thought of as a 2-3 round prospect so it could certainly shake things up and cause other guys to drop.

Also heard Chandler Jones has a chance to go top 10...certainly a far cry from just a month ago when people were mocking him 64th to us.

JJC7301
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Can you guys think of players that the Giants could possibly draft tomorrow that have not really been talked about at all (either in mock drafts or on the MB) as real possibilities for the Giants at 32???* </P>

I'll start with a few names:* Kendall Reyes, Kevin Zeitler, Peter Konz</P>
I'm not interested in any of those guys in the 1st round, but definitely in the 2nd round.

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Here's another "off-the-beaten-path" name -- Vinny Curry DE Marshall

qndarius3
04-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Reuben Randle- WR LSU

Read recently that GMEN value him highly, and could be their guy if Stephen Hill is off the board.

There are so many possibilities im going crazy!

Shockeyitus
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Reuben Randle- WR LSU

Read recently that GMEN value him highly, and could be their guy if Stephen Hill is off the board.

There are so many possibilities im going crazy!

I think Randle would be a fine addition to our offense, but just not in round 1. I think there will be more valuable players on the board still. If he is around at #64, then yes!

Kruunch
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Everyone mentioned in this thread I've heard linked with the Giants multiple times with the possible exception of Peter Konz (who I'd hate as a first round pick).

Amini Silatolu as a first round pick ... that would surprise me (he's been on several mocks as a second rounder but his stock has risen since the Combine).

I'd like the pick too.

RagTime Blue
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
I would love to get Konz, and as un-sexy as a Center is in the first round, watching our running game return, people would soon forgive Reese for his un-sexiness.

I just don't know how cap-committed we are to Baas, or how we'll manage having both on the roster.

Certainly could be done though.

Spedracer
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM

The question was about someone off the beaten path.... Zac Brown's speed is very intriuging.

Guy might not get picked until late Friday. He won't even be considered by the Giants Tonight. But certainly off the beaten path.