PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson Madden Cover Winner

giants2thebowl
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Via Schefter twitter

ShakeNBake
04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Sucks for him. Guess I wont be drafting him next yr in fantasy if I have the chance.

Axels15
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I bet the curse will affect him indirectly. Stafford will get injured (real big stretch lol) and he'll have no one throwing to him. Stats will suffer, compared to how he normally does

That's my prediction

Flip Empty
04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh come on. If he'd been on the cover last year, people would've pointed to his mid-season slump as the "curse" manifesting itself.

Bing Crosby
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
So for all you witchdoctors out there, how many chickens is Madden going to have to sacrifice to curse Megatron? Is it a by the weight kind of thing? Or height maybe? Does he have to find virgin chickens to sacrifice? If so does that basically mean little yellow chicks? How many baby chickens does it take to equal one Calvin Johnson?

All this curse and voodoo stuff is confusing to me.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
So for all you witchdoctors out there, how many chickens is Madden going to have to sacrifice to curse Megatron? Is it a by the weight kind of thing? Or height maybe? Does he have to find virgin chickens to sacrifice? If so does that basically mean little yellow chicks? How many baby chickens does it take to equal one Calvin Johnson?

All this curse and voodoo stuff is confusing to me.

They go to the halls of the Sphinx and sacrifice virgin children of 8 different ethnicities using an ancient Atlantian ritual.

TheAnalyst
11-02-2012, 12:03 PM
After over 2,800 yards and 28 TDs the past 2 seasons, Megatron has 1 TD in 8 Games.

TheAnalyst
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
"Touchdowns have been the problem for Johnson. He has just one all season. He had been putting up yardage, though, until the last two weeks, when he had 34 and 46. Only 3 times this year has he had over 100 yards though. Lions coach Jim Schwartz made it clear at his Monday press conference that Johnson's recent struggles aren't related to the knee injury that has forced him to miss practice time. He missed a few practices last week as well and was able to play, which we imagine will be the case Week 9. Obviously, him missing practice time is concerning, but there's no need for panic, yet."

JPizzack
11-02-2012, 04:40 PM
It's the Lions that were struggling to score.....not Megatron....lol

Flip Empty
11-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Yes, the Madden curse has made defenses double and triple him every game.
Larry Fitzgerald is also experiencing this.

The emergence of Titus Young could open up room for Johnson.

Rusty192
11-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Yes, the Madden curse has made defenses double and triple him every game.
Larry Fitzgerald is also experiencing this.

The emergence of Titus Young could open up room for Johnson.And Ryan Broyles who's a stud.

TheAnalyst
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
It's the Lions that were struggling to score.....not Megatron....lol

It doesn't matter how it happens. The point is, it happens. Injuries, low stats, whatever.... Megatron should have all the "help" he needs this week, cause he is playing a pathetic Jacksonville bunch. So we shall see if he can get in the endzone a few times to shake this curse.

Flip Empty
11-04-2012, 09:48 AM
It doesn't matter how it happens. The point is, it happens. Injuries, low stats, whatever.... Megatron should have all the "help" he needs this week, cause he is playing a pathetic Jacksonville bunch. So we shall see if he can get in the endzone a few times to shake this curse.
The thing is, he still has the same amount of yards as he did this time last season, the only difference is the lack of touchdowns.

TheAnalyst
11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
The thing is, he still has the same amount of yards as he did this time last season, the only difference is the lack of touchdowns.

That is part of the curse. I forget who it was, maybe Eddie George? who was on the cover one year and he did't get hurt, just suffered his worst season statistically. Lets be honest, Megatron has 1 TD. That is 100% a complete shock to EVERYONE. ONE TD into week 10! After the offensive clinic the Lions had last season. The curse happens in many different ways. He is also nursing a nagging knee injury.

TheAnalyst
11-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Ok so.... I feel like the Madden Curse is like death from the Final Destination movies. It just keeps creeping around until, BAM! It's trying to take Megatron down, but Megatron is refusing so far, except the TD thing...

Calvin Johnson dealing with nerve damage

ALLEN PARK — Calvin Johnson revealed for the first time on Thursday that he had nerve damage after sustaining the concussion in the loss to the Vikings on Sept. 30. The Detroit Lions wide receiver hasn’t been himself this season — he has just one touchdown — although he looked more familiar in the win on Sunday at Jacksonville.
He’s had more drops than usual and maybe now we know why. Johnson has also been hampered by a knee injury.

“Actually I had some nerve damage that was kind of messing up my grip a little. Not to blame that, but I think that the concussion could have had something to do with some of that damage I had going on,’’ Johnson said on Thursday.

The effects still linger. He agreed it is basically like a stinger with pain shooting down his arm.
“Taking those hits, they’re real violent. They definitely have a lot of lingering impact on your neck or your head in Jahvid’s case, it can do a lot of stuff,’’ Johnson said.

Flip Empty
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
201 yards and a score. Johnson is now #3 for total yardage amongst wide receivers. Cursed.

Flip Empty
11-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Another 143 yards and a TD; Johnson now leads the league in receiving yards (1,117)

Flip Empty
11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Just a casual 140yds + TD.

Calvin's 2012 yardage total is now the 3rd highest of his career, and his touchdown total ranks #4.

Yes I'm going to keep updating this because this curse nonsense is annoying.

Flip Empty
12-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Another 171 + TD.

Johnson now has 1257 receiving yards on the year. He's on pace to break Jerry Rice's record for most receiving yards in a season (1848).

Flip Empty
12-10-2012, 03:27 AM
118 yards, bringing his total to 1546 on the season.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 08:55 AM
121 yards - Johnson's 7th-straight 100+ yard performance.

He's now gained 1667 yards on the season, which, after finishing the 2011 regular season with 1681, makes him the first receiver in NFL history to post back-to-back 1600 yard seasons. He becomes only the 3rd receiver to even have multiple 1600 yard seasons over the course of a career - Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt are the others.

With two games remaining, Johnson is now only 181 yards away from breaking Jerry Rice's single-season yardage record.

Flip Empty
12-23-2012, 01:58 AM
First receiver with eight-straight 100 yard receiving performances in a season

First receiver with four games with 10 or more receptions

All-time single-season yardage leader

Cursed.