PDA

View Full Version : Madden 13 article

GmenFan1980
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82899f7d/article/behind-the-scenes-at-madden-nfl-13-preview-party?module=HP11_content_stream

but who really cares about most of that.

"Gone are the fictional team of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, who weren't brought back after their contracts expired.

In their place? Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, CBS' real-life No. 1 team."

I may actually enjoy the commentary now lol

Martyr
04-25-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82899f7d/article/behind-the-scenes-at-madden-nfl-13-preview-party?module=HP11_content_stream but who really cares about most of that. "Gone are the fictional team of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, who weren't brought back after their contracts expired. In their place? Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, CBS' real-life No. 1 team." I may actually enjoy the commentary now lol</P>

I thought Gus &amp; Chris did a decent job but it got stale fast. Every game was the same lines over and over again.</P>

Drez
04-25-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82899f7d/article/behind-the-scenes-at-madden-nfl-13-preview-party?module=HP11_content_stream but who really cares about most of that. "Gone are the fictional team of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, who weren't brought back after their contracts expired. In their place? Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, CBS' real-life No. 1 team." I may actually enjoy the commentary now lol</p>

I thought Gus &amp; Chris did a decent job but it got stale fast. Every game was the same lines over and over again.</p>
AKA, every Madden game ever.

Flip Empty
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Either way, this game will be rubbish just like its predecessors. Zero innovation since the PS2/XB era.

If the league renews EA's exclusivity deal again it'll stay that way.

BigBlue187
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I used to hate Colinsworth, but hes grown on me in the past couple years. Gus is good, but he got boring quick in madden. I really hope they make the commentary like the NBA 2K games, the way it sounds so realistic is amazing.

Flip Empty
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Even better would be a new NFL 2K game. Even 2K5 plays better than the current Maddens. Better commentary, too.

MikeIsaGiant
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Every year I'm hoping for a huge change. I liked Madden 12, but I'd like to see some changes.

I think its' stupid how you can't really do a quick substitution of RBs in the game.

You could but its' pretty annoying

NYG 5
04-26-2012, 10:37 AM
wow, this is very interesting. i always preferred Greg Gumbel and Simms, but i'll take anyone over the ***** of broadcasting and mr too over-enthusiastic in the voice recording booth.

the best madden play by play guy was when they had Pat Summerall. he was a great voice actor because he just talks. i like Al Michaels, but he could never capture his real life emotion in the video game. and i hated how they made John Madden sound like an idiot in his own game.

but either way, i still hate madden. it just feels like a videogame. 2k could capture the organic feel, and to a lesser extent, so did the old maddens.

still waiting for 2013 where theres a slim hope of an NFL 2k14.

Harooni
04-26-2012, 10:37 AM
good news i skipped 12 . looking foward to new comments

SweetZombieJesus
04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Thank God. Collinsworthless makes me want to stick a spinning drill in my ears and I hate hearing "pash rush", and that other guy, "blow the whistle, toot toot!" VOMIT

Now, will they fix the unstoppable McFadden sweep?

Will they fix the unblockable 49ers blitzes?

CGYgiant
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Thank God. Collinsworthless makes me want to stick a spinning drill in my ears and I hate hearing "pash rush", and that other guy, "blow the whistle, toot toot!" VOMIT

Now, will they fix the unstoppable McFadden sweep?

Will they fix the unblockable 49ers blitzes?

McFadden Sweep? not sure if thats a specific play but you can stop "sweeps" or "tosses" easily by playing cover three in just about any defensive set. Or user the MLB and take the outside option away forcing him to come inside (usually results in a limited gain)

Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.

I think some people just hate madden for the sake of hating it lol. Granted the game isn't perfect but its not horrible by any means.

SweetZombieJesus
04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
McFadden Sweep? not sure if thats a specific play but you can stop "sweeps" or "tosses" easily by playing cover three in just about any defensive set. Or user the MLB and take the outside option away forcing him to come inside (usually results in a limited gain)

If you play a guy online using the Raiders, 100% of the time he will use this one single play and it's good for first down yardage EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's incredibly frustrating. Doesn't matter what defense you have called (I have tried EVERYTHING including CB blitzes to the side he's running), you can angle your linemen and lb'ers, and position your outside LB to be in his path it doesn't matter. It's actually pretty widely known this "bug" has been in the game for years. It's like a GOD MODE that the devlopers put in on purpose. I find a lot of people playing Chris Johnson doing the same thing but I can stop them while McFadden is unstoppable.

However the next time I end up in this situation I will try sticking with a cover 3.

Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.

There are people who manage to get the front 7 tight up on the line (literally on the LoS) and they are unblockable whether you're in a no WR goal line formation or in shotgun for a quick pass... Magically blitz Willis past any blocking scheme (and again here it doesn't matter if you've got enough men on the line to block and they somehow magically know whether you're running or throwing before the snap despite audibles and fake audibles sometimes many times). I'm convinced there are many people out there cheating and a smaller number altering the game parameters with a JTAG.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Why do i get the feeling that all the "fixes" they put in place this year will just cause all sorts of new issues?

Now the DBs are not going to be able to make a catch when they dont see the ball, ok... but I get the feeling they arent going to turn for the ball correctly, or watch when the receiver puts his arms out and try to knock things away either.

dezzzR
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Thank God no more Collinsworth. His voice is so annoying " Tiiiime and tiiime agaaaiin" ughhhh.

"Tell your line to protect on this play...tell your line to protect on every play, not just this one"
"We went back and timed his release against the ALL-TIME greats and his was as fast or faster than any of them..."
duuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

CGYgiant
04-26-2012, 12:19 PM

If you play a guy online using the Raiders, 100% of the time he will use this one single play and it's good for first down yardage EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's incredibly frustrating. Doesn't matter what defense you have called (I have tried EVERYTHING including CB blitzes to the side he's running), you can angle your linemen and lb'ers, and position your outside LB to be in his path it doesn't matter. It's actually pretty widely known this "bug" has been in the game for years.

However the next time I end up in this situation I will try sticking with a cover 3.

There are people who manage to get the front 7 tight up on the line and they are unblockable whether you're in a no WR goal line formation or in shotgun for a quick pass... Magically blitz Willis past any blocking scheme (and again here it doesn't matter if you've got enough men on the line to block and they somehow magically know whether you're running or throwing before the snap). I'm convinced there are many people out there cheating and a smaller number altering the game parameters with a JTAG.

to stop tosses:

1.) Try using the 46 defense which is just basically a variation of the 43 except you get an extra guy in the box.

3.) call a cover 3

2.) Spread your D-line and "flare" your ends (this can be done with a combination of the d-pad and right trigger).

This should stop the tosses. Also, for an even better effect, take the players in the "light blue zones" and manually spread them out even wider. They will break down the play out wide and your flaring d-line will stop that play cold (not to mention you get great pressure in case of a pass).

for blitzes:

Try calling plays that have "blue routes". Usually running backs and tight ends will run these routes. What happens is they first pick up the blitz then peel out on a route, this is excellent as it stops the pressure and lets you hit these players for a big gain.

Or, just light the guy up with screen passes. Or quick passes (slants).

SweetZombieJesus
04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Ugh, the Tony Rhomo slobbering.

The sad part about Madden is that the players at the top aren't actually using football strategy, it boils down to a few plays that work more often than they don't, despite their football worthiness.

I'm guilty of this too to a small degree, in that my playbook has about a dozen "staple" plays. But then from year to year these plays just randomly stop being effective.

Flip Empty
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Ugh, the Tony Rhomo slobbering.

The sad part about Madden is that the players at the top aren't actually using football strategy, it boils down to a few plays that work more often than they don't, despite their football worthiness.

I'm guilty of this too to a small degree, in that my playbook has about a dozen "staple" plays. But then from year to year these plays just randomly stop being effective.

Pretty much. The game feels very mechanical - almost on-rails.

I wish they'd rebuild the thing from the ground up.
EA's FIFA franchise has gone from strength to strength, whereas their NFL and (even worse) NBA franchises have stagnated.

EA will be terrified if they lose exclusivity rights to the NFL. 2K killed NBA Live and it'll kill Madden as well.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 12:48 PM
EA's FIFA franchise has gone from strength to strength

yep, fifa series is the best sports games ever made. And they make serious changes every year to improve the game radically. And they push realism at the expense of everything.

Madden developers on the other hand just seem to want to make an arcade game with an NFL license.

Toadofsteel
04-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Madden suffers from Elder Scrolls syndrome. Repeat an incredibly specific line over and over again, and it just sounds weird.

http://i.qkme.me/35s5k7.jpg

GOBIGBLUE52
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Madden 2009 was the last madden game I bought, and I said after that terrible game I was done with the series until EA fixed it big time.

dezzzR
04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
EA's FIFA franchise has gone from strength to strength

yep, fifa series is the best sports games ever made. And they make serious changes every year to improve the game radically. And they push realism at the expense of everything.

Madden developers on the other hand just seem to want to make an arcade game with an NFL license.Im still learning how to dribble in fifa12. lol
This game got me somewhat interested in the Premier League. Very good game.

GeoGoGo
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Even better would be a new NFL 2K game. Even 2K5 plays better than the current Maddens. Better commentary, too.

WRONG!

BigBlue187
04-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Im addicted to madden, I love running the nascar defense that fewel runs on third and long. Except I put Boley at one end insead of kiwi on the outsides with osi and have JPP and Tuck in the middle. I love how I get complaints online saying Oooo you gotta play with the super bowl champs to win and im like dude Ive never used another team lol

Flip Empty
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM

WRONG!
Have you played it? The animation, collision detection, commentary and visual presentation are still ahead of the current Madden titles. 2K5 felt like you were actually controlling the game rather than running through scripted routines.
You could lateral, catch and return missed field goals for touchdowns, sub players on the fly, fumble a snap and move the quarterback back to pick up the ball and throw it... i.e. replicate what you see in the real game. This was eight years ago.
Madden still has the same issues it's always had. EA has no reason to innovate because their game is the only one in town. They made sure of that. After 2K5 was released, EA paid through their teeth to get exclusive rights to the NFL. That's how scared they were of it.

2K was fluid and fun to play; Madden is still a clunky mess.

GmenFan1980
04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6xjkwrcS4&feature=g-u-u

small glimpse. doesn't look to wow. Hope they make the commentary booth look better by release.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I still cant figure out how weight means absolutely nothing in madden.

You can put a 250 pound DE at 3-4 end and he is more effective than a 300 pound guy. Real life that would never work

jparmer
05-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Im addicted to madden, I love running the nascar defense that fewel runs on third and long.* Except I put Boley at one end insead of kiwi on the outsides with osi and have JPP and Tuck in the middle.* I love how I get complaints online saying Oooo you gotta play with the super bowl champs to win and im like dude Ive never used another team lol

People are stupid, playing with the giants in madden12 is playing with the team before they won the superbowl. They weren't a highly rated team in madden12. I don't play online but I've heard a lot of people talk about it and the giants weren't a favorable team to play with. I play mw3 online and its amazing the crybaby's out there in the world when u hook them up to a mic.

XxBigWhitxX
05-02-2012, 08:04 AM

small glimpse. doesn't look to wow. Hope they make the commentary booth look better by release.Just from watching that I can tell that turn around catch is gonna be a ***** to stop especially against the Johnson Calvin and Andre.

WR4Life
05-02-2012, 06:47 PM

small glimpse. doesn't look to wow. Hope they make the commentary booth look better by release.Just from watching that I can tell that turn around catch is gonna be a ***** to stop especially against the Johnson Calvin and Andre.

The receiver also has to be looking for the ball now too though. That will really help to limit the effectiveness of the quick slants from the slot and throwing the ball to the tight end almost right on the snap. Two of the harder things to defend in the game.

WR4Life
05-02-2012, 06:55 PM
In all honesty, madden has to do two things for me to really improve the experience as far as offline is concerned.

1. Bring back the create-a-playbook. Not the custom play books from last year but the full on create-a-playbook where you create the entire playbook and plays from scratch. I used to sit for hours and hours just making plays and formations and testing them and redesigning them. It was so much fun.

2. They have to fix all-madden. I used to play all-madden on the older games but the last couple years it has changed dramatically. The all-madden experience is just about screwing the player. Your players are severely dumbed down compared to the CPU. Your line does not block. The runningback often gets hit before reaching the LOS or often the second the ball is in his hands. The receivers drop passes when they are wide open and well after what should be a secured catch. In the rare occasion that you have a receiver open, chances are the QB will over throw the ball, or throw it poorly to the defender nearest the receiver resulting in a pick. All-Madden has to be revamped.

XxBigWhitxX
05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
In all honesty, madden has to do two things for me to really improve the experience as far as offline is concerned.

1. Bring back the create-a-playbook. Not the custom play books from last year but the full on create-a-playbook where you create the entire playbook and plays from scratch. I used to sit for hours and hours just making plays and formations and testing them and redesigning them. It was so much fun.

2. They have to fix all-madden. I used to play all-madden on the older games but the last couple years it has changed dramatically. The all-madden experience is just about screwing the player. Your players are severely dumbed down compared to the CPU. Your line does not block. The runningback often gets hit before reaching the LOS or often the second the ball is in his hands. The receivers drop passes when they are wide open and well after what should be a secured catch. In the rare occasion that you have a receiver open, chances are the QB will over throw the ball, or throw it poorly to the defender nearest the receiver resulting in a pick. All-Madden has to be revamped.Also. If I send A 7 man blitz and your only protecting with five can I please GET SOME DAMN PRESSURE!? I'm tired of gettin little to no pressure on QB's even with the Giants! yet som D-bag finds some dang Nano that lets his DE (Which he replaces with his fastest CB) come free at me while the other 10 guys drop in coverage.

WR4Life
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM

2. They have to fix all-madden. I used to play all-madden on the older games but the last couple years it has changed dramatically. The all-madden experience is just about screwing the player. Your players are severely dumbed down compared to the CPU. Your line does not block. The runningback often gets hit before reaching the LOS or often the second the ball is in his hands. The receivers drop passes when they are wide open and well after what should be a secured catch. In the rare occasion that you have a receiver open, chances are the QB will over throw the ball, or throw it poorly to the defender nearest the receiver resulting in a pick. All-Madden has to be revamped.Also. If I send A 7 man blitz and your only protecting with five can I please GET SOME DAMN PRESSURE!? I'm tired of gettin little to no pressure on QB's even with the Giants! yet som D-bag finds some dang Nano that lets his DE (Which he replaces with his fastest CB) come free at me while the other 10 guys drop in coverage.

Yeah nanos are annoying. Unfortunately they are part of the game. People will figure them out eventually and are pretty hard to keep out of the game. I do know what you mean though. 5 blockers and 7 blitzing gets stopped a little too easily. I mean I can see getting the blitzers getting jammed up in the middle because in the NFL they do protect against the blitz sometimes but a little bit more pressure would be nice.