PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Faulk confirmation!

VegasGmen
04-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Faulk was asked which RB in this draft reminds him of himself. He said there is only 1 out there and he is Doug Martin! I agree completely. Martin is the complete package and can start from day 1 with his advanced blocking ability. He is an everydown back with hands, can run inside and out as well as being a contributor on specials. If we pass on him I will be as furious as I have ever been during a draft. Just hope he isnt snatched up before we pick by a Clev or NE.

egyptian420
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I want to get him too but don't count on it

VegasGmen
04-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I want to get him too but don't count on it
</P>

Don't depress me I will be saying my prayers tonight!</P>

paul007
04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
I think the Patsies look for DB Gilmore and LB Kuechley, not Martin.

titwio
04-26-2012, 07:40 AM
When I look at Martin...the last RB I think I'd compare him to is Marshall. Faulk was extremely explosive coming out of SDSU and was burning up the WAC. He was just a different style of runner. Martin doesn't remind me of that. Maybe the receiving ability reminds Marshall of him but...everything else I don't see.

I don't see the Ray Rice comparison either. ..Maybe a little bit but...Martin reminds me more of Emitt Smith. Sneaky, deceptive speed that makes people miss inbetween the tackles.... same make-up, height and frame.

Kruunch
04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
When I look at Martin...the last RB I think I'd compare him to is Marshall. Faulk was extremely explosive coming out of SDSU and was burning up the WAC division. He was just a different style of runner. Martin doesn't remind me of that. Maybe the receiving ability reminds Marshall of him but...everything else I don't see.

I don't see the Ray Rice comparison either. ..Maybe a little bit but...Martin reminds me more of Emitt Smith. Sneaky, deceptive speed that makes people miss inbetween the tackles.... same make-up, height and frame.

Doug Martin doesn't have nearly the speed of Emmet Smith.

He doesn't remind me precisely of any one back totally, but I see flashes of Ray Rise in him and he can block and catch, which makes him one of the most complete RBs in this draft (probably why the Faulk comparison).

titwio
04-26-2012, 09:10 AM

When I watched Emmitt I don't remember anything of blazing speed wise from him. I don't even think he timed well when he ran his 40's. I remember him being deceptively fast...much like what I see in Martin.

Emmitt never really ran away from the pack. Not sure where your getting this not nearly the speed of Emmitt from.

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I actually don't think that Martin will be there for us at 32 . . . .

TuckYou
04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Eh, Id wait till the later rounds to address RB and TE. I like Isaiah Pead from Cincinnati.

Shockeystays08
04-26-2012, 10:41 AM

When I watched Emmitt I don't remember anything of blazing speed wise from him. I don't even think he timed well when he ran his 40's. I remember him being deceptively fast...much like what I see in Martin.

Emmitt never really ran away from the pack. Not sure where
your getting this not nearly the speed of Emmitt from.

You hit that nail on the head! Emmitt Smith never had break away speed!

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 10:49 AM
I actually don't think that Martin will be there for us at 32 . . . .</P>

If that's true then maybe a nice D lineman will fall to us.</P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
i think hes more like mendenhall than faulk or emmit...

he doesnt have the speed of mendenhall but they both are patient waiting to hit the hole and when they hit it they burst through