PDA

View Full Version : Giants may have a realistic shot at Dre Kirkpatrick

Axels15
04-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Good take. Hearing same. Why Giants feel they could be in play. RT @ProFootballTalk: Dre Kirkpatrick is "dropping" http://wp.me/p14QSB-2Bzd #nyg

in reference to this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/dre-kirkpatrick-dropping-on-draft-boards/

In another tweet, Mike Garafolo also said he was
"digging" Ohm's Andre Branch pick

Danny1024
04-25-2012, 11:54 PM
yea im not thrilled about taking guys whos stocks are plummeting.... they are dropping for a reason

we took prince last season after his stock dropped and that didn't turn out too well

Axels15
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Prince was injured and didn't have an offseason, give that time.

Also, you should read the article. A lot of the so called "dropping" is just the media having had it wrong to begin with. He's not dropping so much as the media is finding out that they overrated a bit in the first place.

That's why I never listen to Kiper

gmen0820
04-25-2012, 11:58 PM
I question anyone who claims a player is rising or dropping.

CGYgiant
04-26-2012, 12:08 AM
I question anyone who claims a player is rising or dropping.

Thats becasuse the "experts" usually overate/underrate guys. It happens every year, mock drafts are always way off outside of the first 2 or 3 picks.

Giants are probably looking at guys like Hightower and Kirkpatrick because they think they have a realistic shot at drafting them.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 12:23 AM
he'd be excellent value at 32 imho. i always had janorice jenkins, stephen gilmore ahead of him. i actually believe gilmore may be better than clairborne...jenkins tho has had some serious off field issues and if he didnt, id rank him as a player above everyone at DB, when he was with UF, he shut down the best wr's in college...

jenkins could even drop to us bc of those off field issues, but i dunno if JR would draft him in the 1rst and rightfully so, NYC isnt a place where we could go "he'll be on his best behavior."

about andre branch, I too have done some mocks, in one of them and its prob wishful thinking bc every mock i've seen has him gone early 20's, but chandler jones the de from syracuse would be prob the best defensive player out of this draft, he had an injury this last season but as a junior he was dominant...

i also had one mock where k.wright dropped to us...cant wait til late tmrw night...does anyone know if they'll complete the 1rst round in one night no matter what or will they call it after a certain time?

Rat_bastich
04-26-2012, 06:02 AM
The only problem I have with Alabama players is that I get a whole "Smoke and Mirrors" feel. Nick Saban is probably one of the biggest charlatans, though he does field some good college teams. I just don't trust the guy and that trickles down to hsi players too.

Shockeystays08
04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Prince was injured and didn't have an offseason, give that time.

Also, you should read the article. A lot of the so called "dropping" is just the media having had it wrong to begin with. He's not dropping so much as the media is finding out that they overrated a bit in the first place.

That's why I never listen to Kiper

I don't think Old Danny Boy read the article!

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
yea im not thrilled about taking guys whos stocks are plummeting.... they are dropping for a reason

we took prince last season after his stock dropped and that didn't turn out too well
</P>

Eh . . . huh?</P>

Read the article . . . it correctly states that guys "drop" at this stage mostly because the media was wrong about them . . . .</P>

Prince hasn't turned out so well, huh? Sigh . . . . </P>

RonJon
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Why is he dropping? Thats the haunting question

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM

</P>

Eh . . . huh?</P>

Read the article . . . it correctly states that guys "drop" at this stage mostly because the media was wrong about them . . . .</P>

</P>

You may agree with me that Prince has a chance to be a great Giant for a lot of years. Some of these guys who think draft picks are evaluated after one season drive me nuts.</P>

Giants Of New Jersey
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I guess JPP, Kenny Phillips, Hakeem Nicks, etc "stock dropping' turned out to be horrible. What I am saying is that I trust Reese & Co. Whatever they do tonight, I know that they did their homework and due diligence. Just because the "MEDIA" claims a stock is rising or falling for a player, means NOTHING. To the poster who said "we took prince last year and it didnt turn out well", thats an idiotic statement.

Kruunch
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Good take. Hearing same. Why Giants feel they could be in play. RT @ProFootballTalk: Dre Kirkpatrick is "dropping" http://wp.me/p14QSB-2Bzd #nyg

in reference to this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/dre-kirkpatrick-dropping-on-draft-boards/

In another tweet, Mike Garafolo also said he was
"digging" Ohm's Andre Branch pick

Pre-Draft crap ... happens every year. I highly doubt Dre Kirkpatrick drops to #32 considering how in demand cover corners are and if he does, I doubt the Giants take him (we have three starting corners locked up for the next two years).

FYI, no one said Prince was dropping last year before the draft. Buzz (or lack it of it) means nothing and if any GMs are changing their draft boards this week, they should be fired immediately.

TuckYou
04-26-2012, 10:03 AM
I think Kirkpatrick is going to be a great CB, but the Giants arent getting him. I still say he is the 3rd off the board behind Claiborne and Gilmore.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Id absolutely LOVE, LOVE Kirkpatrick to be there at 32. One of my favorite players in the draft.

CGYgiant
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Id absolutely LOVE, LOVE Kirkpatrick to be there at 32. One of my favorite players in the draft.

I like him too. Though, like Prince he does have short arms. I think 30.5 inches? I could be wrong. Its trivial but worth noting.

BlueSanta
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Dre is exactly the type of player the Giants like to draft on defense. Big, tall, fast with excelent production.

If he fell to 32, he would not make it to 33.

The problem is, I do not see him coming down to us.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I like him too. Though, like Prince he does have short arms. I think 30.5 inches? I could be wrong. Its trivial but worth noting.

Doesnt mean much if a guy is 6' or taller. If he was 5'10 and had 30" arms then its a concern.

Hes 6014, so he has plenty of length

CGYgiant
04-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Doesnt mean much if a guy is 6' or taller. If he was 5'10 and had 30" arms then its a concern.

Hes 6014, so he has plenty of length

Yeah and that's why I think he fits in perfectly with what the Giants do. He's a lot more physical then Amukamara and I think Kirkpatrick would be a better Zone CB as well. Fewell probably loves that.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
He's a lot more physical then Amukamara

do not agree with that. Prince is every bit as physical as Dre is, if not more.

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I think Kirkpatrick is going to be a great CB, but the Giants arent getting him. I still say he is the 3rd off the board behind Claiborne and Gilmore.</P>

I sort of agree . . . . for him to drop to us, I think that someone has topick Jenkins ahead of us . . .. </P>

JPP
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM

Had an interception and won a Superbowl in limited time plus factor in that we played some great pass offenses in GB and NE and he helped us win. If you think anything other then this kid has another full season to realize his potential you are a tool.

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 12:10 PM

</P>

Eh . . . huh?</P>

</P>

You may agree with me that Prince has a chance to be a great Giant for a lot of years. Some of these guys who think draft picks are evaluated after one season drive me nuts.</P>

</P>

I do agree with that . . . . I am certainly not willing to judge the guy negatively based upon his first year, in which he had no off-season program and missed a ton of camp and the season with an injury . . . . .</P>

michaelkhan3
04-26-2012, 01:00 PM

There was absolutely no reason for Prince to drop last year and he broke his foot its not like he was just terrible. He barely got to train all year before getting thrown into the deep end.

Kirkpatrick in the other hand has loads of reasons for falling

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 01:34 PM

There was absolutely no reason for Prince to drop last year and he broke his foot its not like he was just terrible. He barely got to train all year before getting thrown into the deep end.

</P>

What are the "loads of reasons" that Kirkpatrick has for falling???</P>

Shockeystays08
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
+1

Kruunch
04-26-2012, 01:52 PM

</P>

What are the "loads of reasons" that Kirkpatrick has for falling???</P>

Morons dredging up the marijuana bust from January.

Blue_Buddha
04-26-2012, 01:53 PM

True one of the reasons team passed him was of his physicality ..... they thought he would be penalty prone because of his constant contact downfield on the receiver.

michaelkhan3
04-26-2012, 02:09 PM

</p>

What are the "loads of reasons" that Kirkpatrick has for falling???</p>

Morons dredging up the marijuana bust from January.

Its a good reason for him to fall. Do you think teams just see that and say ah that's nothing? and the emergence of Stephon Gilmore as a top 15 pick

buddy33
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I forgot where I read it, but aren't there some that believe that the other can on Alabama was better? Where will Menzie end up being drafted?

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Its a good reason for him to fall. Do you think teams just see that and say ah that's nothing? and the emergence of Stephon Gilmore as a top 15 pick *

It is nothing, lol. The charge was dropped.

Having another good player at the position means Dre isnt as good a player? I dont agree with that logic.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I forgot where I read it, but aren't there some that believe that the other can on Alabama was better? Where will Menzie end up being drafted?

Menzie is better? Menzie is a 3rd-4th round prospect, may drop even lower than that after running horribly.

buddy33
04-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I forgot where I saw it. Just stuck out to me. Could have been just one guys opinion.

Shockeystays08
04-26-2012, 03:49 PM

I'd have to disagree. Prince will lay a lick on you. Dre will slobber knock your @&$ every hit!

michaelkhan3
04-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Its a good reason for him to fall. Do you think teams just see that and say ah that's nothing? and the emergence of Stephon Gilmore as a top 15 pick

It is nothing, lol. The charge was dropped.

Having another good player at the position means Dre isnt as good a player? I dont agree with that logic.

I don't mean it makes him a worst player but because Gilmore has moved up boards it may have made him the 3rd best CB instead of the 2nd one which probably doesn't make that big a difference to NFL GMs but people making mock drafts and such probably moved him down the board. And We have no idea how any of the 32 teams rate him all we know for sure is that he has fallen down on boards of annalists

GMENAGAIN
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
It is nothing, lol. The charge was dropped. Having another good player at the position means Dre isnt as good a player? I dont agree with that logic.

I don't mean it makes him a worst player but because Gilmore has moved up boards it may have made him the 3rd best CB instead of the 2nd one which probably doesn't make that big a difference to NFL GMs but people making mock drafts and such probably moved him down the board. And We have no idea how any of the 32 teams rate him all we know for sure is that <FONT size=4>he has fallen down on boards of annalists
</FONT></P>

. . . . which means bupkus . . . . </P>

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I'd have to disagree. Prince will lay a lick on you. Dre will slobber knock your @&$ every hit!

Disagree. I know Dre has a bigger "hit" reel, but that isnt how I rate physical play. Look at what happens when Dre has to go up against a bigger player, he resorts a lot to the duck and swipe, while Prince almost stood everyone up.

giantman8493
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM

Disagree. I know Dre has a bigger "hit" reel, but that isnt how I rate physical play. Look at what happens when Dre has to go up against a bigger player, he resorts a lot to the duck and swipe, while Prince almost stood everyone up.So in your opinion, who is better dre or prince

CGYgiant
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I'd have to disagree. Prince will lay a lick on you. Dre will slobber knock your @&amp;$ every hit!

Disagree. I know Dre has a bigger "hit" reel, but that isnt how I rate physical play. Look at what happens when Dre has to go up against a bigger player, he resorts a lot to the duck and swipe, while Prince almost stood everyone up.So in your opinion, who is better dre or prince

Prince was/is a better prospect.

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
So in your opinion, who is better dre or prince

I think Dre is a better pure cover man. Prince is more physically gifted but doesnt always play to his ability.

Id love to have both. Think both are starting CBs.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
So in your opinion, who is better dre or prince

I think Dre is a better pure cover man.* Prince is more physically gifted but doesnt always play to his ability.

Id love to have both.* Think both are starting CBs.

i honestly dont even think its close, Prince has more speed, better man coverage, and a higher ceiling than dre, dre could be a solid corner, where prince could be an elite one...

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 06:06 PM
i honestly dont even think its close, Prince has more speed, better man coverage, and a higher ceiling than dre, dre could be a solid corner, where prince could be an elite one...

Watch Dre play in zone, he has really really good instincts. Think he has better ball skills than Prince too. I think they have similar upside really. Both very good players.

michaelkhan3
04-26-2012, 06:49 PM
It is nothing, lol. The charge was dropped. Having another good player at the position means Dre isnt as good a player? I dont agree with that logic.

I don't mean it makes him a worst player but because Gilmore has moved up boards it may have made him the 3rd best CB instead of the 2nd one which probably doesn't make that big a difference to NFL GMs but people making mock drafts and such probably moved him down the board. And We have no idea how any of the 32 teams rate him all we know for sure is that <font size="4">he has fallen down on boards of annalists
</font></p>

. . . . which means bupkus . . . . </p>

But just like I said thats all we have to go on. Non of us know how the GMs rate these players. For all we know 29 NFL teams have Kirkpatrick rated number one on their board. I highly doubt it but we don't know

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 07:15 PM

Watch Dre play in zone, he has really really good instincts.* Think he has better ball skills than Prince too.* I think they have similar upside really.* Both very good players.

yeah i didnt mean to sound like i think dre sucks or anything. he still is gonna be a solid db, he just doesnt have near the closing speed as prince...prince is gonna be a shut down corner, not an opinion, its what i believe.

BlueSanta
04-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Menzie is better? Menzie is a 3rd-4th round prospect, may drop even lower than that after running horribly.

Ya that rutured achillies of Menzie a couple years ago ruined him. He ran a pretty slow 40 time and most feel he will end up at safety. Mayock had him as a top 5 safety, mostly because this safety class is garbage.

Blue_Buddha
04-26-2012, 09:02 PM
With Gilomore off teh boards so early ... I don't think Dre will last till 32.

Rat_bastich
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Gone to Cincy.