PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A NIGHT IN SPORTS Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miked1958
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
What a SPORTS NIGHT THIS IS tonight!!!!
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>

<DIV>Okay here they are in no paticular order...

1) Knicks vs Bobcats in final game of NBA Regular Season with 7/8 seed still on the line.

2) NFL Draft..... We will see what JR pulls off picking dead last. Hey I wouldnt mind the Giants picking last every year. But He always seems to have a knack of finding those players no one expects to become a Star.

3) Rangers vs Senators in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs at MSG. Need to finish off this pesky 8 seed. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>4) Devils vs Panthers in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>

There will be alot of switching back and forth tonight from tv station to tv station. and my wife thinks she is going to watch the elimination show on American Idol. LOL</DIV>

miked1958
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
by the way i think its in right forum, cause it is Giants Related sort of....

miked1958
04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
With that said who do you guys think JR pulls the trigger onat 32?</P>

</P>

Hey You know JR will work his magic. I hope we can pick last again Next year by the way</P>

miked1958
04-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow. No comments at all? Its not often that you get a night with 2 game 7s for NY/NJ Hockey teams in the playoffs. The Knicks playing a MEANINGFUL game on the last day of the Regular season. The NFL Draft to see who the Giants and Jets pickup....</P>

</P>

We can even throw in MLB.. Have not looked to see if Yanks and Mets are playing tonight.. Prob their off night but wow... what a night..</P>

</P>

Checked. Yanks off but Marlins vs Mets At CitiField with Reyes back in NY.... Wipe that smile off his face please</P>

BlueJayC
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Agreed on all acounts but the Knicks comment......NBA isn't a sport.....it's a joke....and the punchline to that joke is a "Strike Shortened NBA Season"......whoever wins the title will have *********** next it.</P>

Hockey and the draft....that's where it's really at.....pumped.....</P>

miked1958
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Agreed on all acounts but the Knicks comment......NBA isn't a sport.....it's a joke....and the punchline to that joke is a "Strike Shortened NBA Season"......whoever wins the title will have *********** next it.</P>

Hockey and the draft....that's where it's really at.....pumped.....</P>I am to. Wife better tape American Idol cause TV will be tied up tonight

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 12:08 PM

</P>

Whoever makes it through 4 rounds in the NBA playoffs and wins the championship will be the legit champ with no asterisks.</P>

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
not happy about this actually.

Wish Rangers game was last night.

miked1958
04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
not happy about this actually. Wish Rangers game was last night.</P>

Well that would of clashed with knicks clips, but i get you. To much going on tonight all in one night.</P>

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 12:16 PM

Well that would of clashed with knicks clips, but i get you. To much going on tonight all in one night.</P>

</P>

What are you guys talking about? All there is is the draft and the Red Sox.</P>

Hahahaha!!!!!</P>

miked1958
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM

</P>

Whoever makes it through 4 rounds in the NBA playoffs and wins the championship will be the legit champ with no asterisks.</P>

</P>

This I totally AGREE with. No way you stick an * after going through 4rounds of playoffs and a Championship Series. maybe in an very shortened NFL season you could make a case that if you played all the games it would of come out different seeing its only 1game that decides who moves on to next round. In the NBA, NHL and MLB you have to earn your championship by getting through some gruelling series against some tough opponents</P>

miked1958
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM

</P>

Hahahaha!!!!!</P>

grew up an hour from NYC... dad was ticked when NY Giants and Brooklyn moved west and became a Mets fan.. thus making me one. Sucks. My wife is a yankees fan.</P>

However while growing up in the 70s.. I had alot of friends that were Redsox fans. We made the trip to Boston TONS of time to watch what i consider one of the best BB teams to never win a WS. hobson, burleson, George Scott, Dwight Evans, Rice, Fisk, Fred Lynn... it goes on and on. up and down that line up they had guys that all hit over 20hmers a year. good pitching to. During those years i sort of became a defacto Sox fan.. lol. cause of my friends. That is sacreligious on these boards i am sure, as much as you admitting being a sox fan. lol...</P>

B&RWarrior
04-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm a Caps fan so last night was the best night for hockey. Baaaaaaaaaaaastaaaaaaaaaan took it on the chin! Finally the Caps don't choke. </P>

Tonight is the the high point of the offseason. The giants will draft a RB, DT, 2 OL, LB, and a DB. I don't know what order.</P>

G-Man67
04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
ha, yeah this will be something</P>

LETS GO DEVILS</P>

LETS GO JER RY</P>

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM

</P>

Hahahaha!!!!!</P>

grew up an hour from NYC... dad was ticked when NY Giants and Brooklyn moved west and became a Mets fan.. thus making me one. Sucks. My wife is a yankees fan.</P>

However while growing up in the 70s.. I had alot of friends that were Redsox fans. We made the trip to Boston TONS of time to watch what i consider one of the best BB teams to never win a WS. hobson, burleson, George Scott, Dwight Evans, Rice, Fisk, Fred Lynn... it goes on and on. up and down that line up they had guys that all hit over 20hmers a year. good pitching to. During those years i sort of became a defacto Sox fan.. lol. cause of my friends. That is sacreligious on these boards i am sure, as much as you admitting being a sox fan. lol...</P>

</P>

Well I grew up on the CT shoreline which was Sox/Giants country in the late 60's when I was starting out my fandom.</P>

I was a huge Rangers fan too but became a die hard Whalers fan, living in Westen Mass.until they betrayed their fans and moved to Carolina. Since then my little broken heart can't get into hockey.</P>

But if there is ever a glorious return of my beloved Whalers to Hartford I'll be in line for season's tickets.</P>

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I was a huge Rangers fan too but became a die hard Whalers fan

Whalers leaving is the reason I started hating the patriots.

Ill always be a true brass bonanza fan.

chizz
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
i never seen anyone excited about a bobcats game

Giant in Dallas
04-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Don't forget:

It's the Nets last official game as the "New Jersey" Nets before they move on to Brooklyn next year.

miked1958
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Don't forget: It's the Nets last official game as the "New Jersey" Nets before they move on to Brooklyn next year.right i forgot about that. On anyother night this might have taken top billing. but not tonight

miked1958
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM

</P>

Hahahaha!!!!!</P>

</P>

Well I grew up on the CT shoreline which was Sox/Giants country in the late 60's when I was starting out my fandom.</P>

I was a huge Rangers fan too but became a die hard Whalers fan, living in Westen Mass.until they betrayed their fans and moved to Carolina. Since then my little broken heart can't get into hockey.</P>

But if there is ever a glorious return of my beloved Whalers to Hartford I'll be in line for season's tickets.</P>You ever catch any of the Connecticut Whale Games??

slipknottin
04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
You ever catch any of the Connecticut Whale Games??

I know you werent asking me, but I try to go once a month or so, but mostly to just watch Rangers prospects, dont care as much how well the whale do as a whole, just like to see the kids do well.

jimsgints
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Agreed. Go Rangers!

Pakman
04-26-2012, 01:12 PM

NBA isn't a sport???

Wow

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I was a huge Rangers fan too but became a die hard Whalers fan Whalers leaving is the reason I started hating the patriots. Ill always be a true brass bonanza fan.</P>

Haha...Greatest song in the history of sports!!!</P>

Morehead State
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
You ever catch any of the Connecticut Whale Games?? I know you werent asking me, but I try to go once a month or so, but mostly to just watch Rangers prospects, dont care as much how well the whale do as a whole, just like to see the kids do well.</P>

Well our local AHL team are the Springfiled Falcons. I live about 10 miles west of Springfield. </P>

There have been some distant rumors about maybe the Islanders franchise coming to Hartford to be the new Whalers, but I think its just a fantasy.</P>

A man can dream though.</P>

gumby742
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Go Devil's. Rangers suck.

BlueJayC
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I know this is the wrong forum but the NBA is a joke.....not basketball as a whole.....just NBA ball.....college and overseas is where you'll find real basketball being played......where they still play it as a team sport.</P>

There will be an "*" in all the record books as a simple state of fact that it was during a strike shortened season whether you agree with it or not.....just saying.</P>

GeoGoGo
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
*What a SPORTS NIGHT THIS IS tonight!!!!

1) Knicks vs Bobcats in final game of NBA Regular Season with 7/8 seed still on the line.

2) NFL Draft..... We will see what JR pulls off picking dead last. Hey I wouldnt mind the Giants picking last every year. But He always seems to have a knack of finding those players no one expects to become a Star.

3) Rangers vs Senators in GAME 7 of NHL Playoffs at MSG. Need to finish off this pesky 8 seed. </DIV>
<DIV>*</DIV>
<DIV>*</DIV>
<DIV>

There will be alot of switching back and forth tonight from tv station to tv station. and my wife thinks she is going to watch the elimination show on American Idol. LOL</DIV>

Well, at least there is the Draft.

burier
04-26-2012, 05:54 PM
what is the deal with people watching hockey?

jomo
04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Is it possible to do any better than this on a Thursday night in April?

miked1958
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Is it possible to do any better than this on a Thursday night in April?Nope... Ton of stuff going on.. Wow

KillaRich
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM

<DIV>*</DIV>
<DIV>*</DIV>
<DIV>

Also I am a nets fan, its officially the last nets game as the NEW JERSEY nets going on right now..... Went to the home finally...very sad day for me..... about half of my sports heart has been tore up

miked1958
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM

<DIV>*</DIV>
<DIV>*</DIV>
<DIV>

Also I am a nets fan, its officially the last nets game as the NEW JERSEY nets going on right now..... Went to the home finally...very sad day for me..... about half of my sports heart has been tore upYes it was mentioned on 1st and 2nd page of this thread. I also posted something about that on the Knicks forums. Anyother night it would be huge news

miked1958
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Go Devil's.* Rangers suck.Rangers in second round vs Caps... Devils up 2-0 late late 2nd period