PDA

View Full Version : I THINK we need to get a top shelf WR now

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
dallas and philly have a ton of talent in the defensive backfield.

cowboys have 3 good corners although i believe claiborne is overrated.

but we need to get a WR and a damn good one.

ryan314
04-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh I completely forgot we got rid of Cruz and Nicks. /sarcasm

GIANTfaninFL
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
...??

Dumbass

cken
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
would be nice if we get Michael Floyd from Notre Dame. hell of a receiver and is an Irish like Mr. 91 on the team. rooting for this kid, watched him a lot this past NCAA season.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh I completely forgot we got rid of Cruz and Nicks. /sarcasm

u know what i mean. dallas has jenkins carr and claiborne.

philly has DRC, Namdi, and Allen

we will need our 3rd WR to be a gamer vs those teams that we'll face a quarter of our season...

miked1958
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
would be nice if we get Michael Floyd from Notre Dame. hell of a receiver and is an Irish like Mr. 91 on the team. rooting for this kid, watched him a lot this past NCAA season.He just went to the Cards with the 13th pick

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM

but we need to get a WR and a damn good one.Aren't you going to at least wait until tomorrow to overreact?

chasjay
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
You need to get better (or at least maintain) at each position group from one year to the next. If one of the guys we have now does not at least match what Mario gave us, we need to acquire a wideout. Maybe the coaches don't know that until training camp and we pick up a vet if we need somebody. But if Barden, Jernigan, Hiixon or whoever doesn't show, at a minimum, as Mario's equal, then we need somebody.

Flip Empty
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
WR is far from what the Giants "need".

cken
04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
would be nice if we get Michael Floyd from Notre Dame. hell of a receiver and is an Irish like Mr. 91 on the team. rooting for this kid, watched him a lot this past NCAA season.He just went to the Cards with the 13th pick

good for him, he's gonna b a hell of a receiver playing with and learning from larry fitz.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:27 PM

but we need to get a WR and a damn good one.Aren't you going to at least wait until tomorrow to overreact?

lmfao. i think thats a first.

and how is me stating reality overreacting again? did i go "oh we're screwed we wont win any games" or any version of that?

or did i say "we need to get a wr now"??

couldnt u wait until tmrrw before u started acting like a duche bag for talking about football? silly me.

and, we need to get a wr.

julez
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Honestly we dont need a WR
we need an Offensive lineman who would dominate in the run game
we would instantly neutralize any good defensive backfield if they were constantly forced into run support

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM

i dunno. we had a need at WR before dallas made that move.

u dont think that claiborne, carr, and jenkins isnt a solid db core?
then philly with namdi and DRC...i dunno i just think losing MM, and the competition in our division beefing up our secondary, we're gonna need a solid 3rd wr...we'll see

if dallas can get away with single coverage on one of our two horses, they could double up the other two...

i dont get some people, i really dont.

DragonSoul
04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh I completely forgot we got rid of Cruz and Nicks. /sarcasmi thought it was just me...SMH

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:33 PM

and how is me stating reality overreacting again? did i go "oh we're screwed we wont win any games" or any version of that?

couldnt u wait until tmrrw before u started acting like a duche bag for talking about football? silly me.

We already have 2 top shelf WR. We just need a reliable 3rd. To say that we need a top shelf 3rd is overstating things, or in other words, overreacting, much like you did when Smith signed with Philly.

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:34 PM

i dunno. we had a need at WR before dallas made that move.

u dont think that claiborne, carr, and jenkins isnt a solid db core?
then philly with namdi and DRC...i dunno i just think losing MM, and the competition in our division beefing up our secondary, we're gonna need a solid 3rd wr...we'll see

if dallas can get away with single coverage on one of our two horses, they could double up the other two...

i dont get some people, i really dont.

You think we have a need at WR. Reese may completely disagree with that assumption.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM

We already have 2 top shelf WR. We just need a reliable 3rd. To say that we need a top shelf 3rd is overstating things, or in other words, overreacting, much like you did when Smith signed with Philly.

wtf r u talking about now? im sorry for having a diff. opinion than you. u sure overreact when someone doesnt think like u do...SMH at anyone who feels me going "we need to get a wr" is some sort of criminal act...

drez-ummm ur last post is exactly correct. I THINK WE NEED A WR...if JR doesnt good i trust him.

SORRY EVERYONE! DALLAS AND PHILLY HAVING EXCELLENT SECONDARIES MAKES ME THINK WE NEED A WR.

wtf is wrong with me!

smfh at some people, ridiculous...u dont agree, cool. no need to start acting like my opinion is some sort of crime my god...

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
LOL are you high? I ask because of the thread and screen name

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:39 PM

wtf r u talking about now? im sorry for having a diff. opinion than you. u sure overreact when someone doesnt think like u do...SMH at anyone who feels me going "we need to get a wr" is some sort of criminal act...
So, my saying that you're overreacting is me overreacting? Interesting. Did I say it was criminal? I'm just saying don't get your panties in a bunch, but obviously I am entirely way too late for that.

Do we need a WR? Possibly. Do we need a top shelf WR? No. We already have 2.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:42 PM

So, my saying that you're overreacting is me overreacting? Interesting. Did I say it was criminal? I'm just saying don't get your panties in a bunch, but obviously I am entirely way too late for that.

"ur overreacting just like u did with steve smith" even tho that never happened...
"arent u going to wait til tmrw to overeact"
^****** bag

and tell me again, where did i say we dont have 2 awesome wr's? anyone who follows my post knows i am big fans of nicks and cruz...the teams in our division went out of there way to defend that, we lost mm, so I believe we need a wr...get over urself u dont know any more than anyone else, u may think u do, acting all pretentious and so quick to talk down to someone with a diff opinion.

whatever, off it. forgot, simply stating an opinion around here is too much to handle for a lot of jerk offs

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:44 PM

drez-ummm ur last post is exactly correct. I THINK WE NEED A WR...if JR doesnt good i trust him.

SORRY EVERYONE! DALLAS AND PHILLY HAVING EXCELLENT SECONDARIES MAKES ME THINK WE NEED A WR.

wtf is wrong with me!

smfh at some people, ridiculous...u dont agree, cool. no need to start acting like my opinion is some sort of crime my god...
Typical overreaction by you. I think the herb has given you a permanent sense of paranoia.

How has Philly's secondary gotten better? In fact, theirs just took a hit in losing Samuel.

Again. We have TWO top shelf WRs. We just need a reliable third option that can create some production. That player may or may not currently be on our roster.

However, to get sand in your vag because Dallas now has 2 good corners (still crap safeties) and to say that we need to get another top shelf WR is overreacting when we already have two of the best WRs in the game.

TheEnigma
04-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Not that additional WR's DON'T help but where do we draw the line on what a team needs? If the Giants of all teams NEED a WR with the best 1-2 combo in the league, doesn't that mean every team needs a WR then?

BigBlue1971
04-26-2012, 09:47 PM
if someone is there at 32...take 'em! </P>

but i think they will go defense!</P>

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Not that additional WR's DON'T help but where do we draw the line on what a team needs? If the Giants of all teams NEED a WR with the best 1-2 combo in the league, doesn't that mean every team needs a WR then?

yeah thats a good point. i just worry a lil bit bc BB and that gameplan of "make MM beat us" and teams copy gameplans...nicks and cruz are dominant, but d's can double two options. i dunno, i had us getting a wr before the draft, with dallas making that move and philly having solid corners, i think we need a wr

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM

"ur overreacting just like u did with steve smith" even tho that never happened...
^duche bag

and tell me again, where did i say we dont have 2 awesome wr's? anyone who follows my post knows i am big fans of nicks and cruz...the teams in our division went out of there way to defend that, we lost mm, so I believe we need a wr...get over urself u dont know any more than anyone else, u may think u do, acting all pretentious and so quick to talk down to someone with a diff opinion.

whatever, off it. forgot, simply stating an opinion around here is too much to handle for a lot of jerk offs
Yeah, like you. I simply stated my opinion of your opinion and you're flying off the handle calling me a ******, which to add you're spelling wrong. Don't know if it's intentional, but if it is, that's bannable. Not that I'd report it. Not my style.

Yes, we lost MM, but JR, TC, and KG may believe that either Jernigan, Hixon, or Barden are capable of filling that role. We only need to have a reliable 3rd option. Sure, a top flight guy would be nice, but it'd be a luxury.

So, again, stop overreacting. Take another binger... or a Quaalude or something. Your getting way too tightly wound. For someone calling me names for disagreeing with you, you're the only one that really seems to have a problem with someone disagreeing with them.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
but then again JR could prob find a diamond in the rough later.

it'd be sweet if Wright is there at 32

TheEnigma
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM

it'd be sweet if Wright is there at 32That's pretty much it dude. Not that WR doesn't help but it's sort of silly to take a WR with our 1st overall with Nicks and Cruz unless we were to get a steal like Blackmon or Floyd but thats not happening obviously. We'll wait and develop one is my prediction.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:52 PM

^duche bag

Yeah, like you. I simply stated my opinion of your opinion and you're flying off the handle calling me a ******, which to add you're spelling wrong. Don't know if it's intentional, but if it is, that's bannable. Not that I'd report it. Not my style.

Yes, we lost MM, but JR, TC, and KG may believe that either Jernigan, Hixon, or Barden are capable of filling that role. We only need to have a reliable 3rd option. Sure, a top flight guy would be nice, but it'd be a luxury.

So, again, stop overreacting. Take another binger... or a Quaalude or something. Your getting way too tightly wound. For someone calling me names for disagreeing with you, you're the only one that really seems to have a problem with someone disagreeing with them.

are u still babbling on? cool, i got ur opinion the first time. me thinking we need a wr "is overreacting"...and i dunno what ur talking about i didnt mispell anything, it must not have picked up and censored it i dont know what is mispelled im lookin at the text, aint seeing it

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:52 PM

it'd be sweet if Wright is there at 32
How nuts would it be if Mercilus fell to us? I'd rather us get another stud-in-waiting DE than a WR at this point.

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM

^duche bag

are u still babbling on? cool, i got ur opinion the first time. me thinking we need a wr "is overreacting"...and i dunno what ur talking about i didnt mispell anything, it must not have picked up jerk off
****** has an o in it. Even though we're arguing now, I don't want to see you get a stupid ban for either misspelling a word or trying to go around the filter, because that would be lame.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM

it'd be sweet if Wright is there at 32That's pretty much it dude. Not that WR doesn't help but it's sort of silly to take a WR with our 1st overall with Nicks and Cruz unless we were to get a steal like Blackmon or Floyd but thats not happening obviously. We'll wait and develop one is my prediction.

yeah. and i was real stoked with picking JJ last season. Hopefully the second round has a lot of talent at wr and rb which so far looks very possible...

u gotta admit tho, dallas does have a nice set of corners and philly does too.

cant wait for our pick

Drez
04-26-2012, 09:58 PM

yeah. and i was real stoked with picking JJ last season. Hopefully the second round has a lot of talent at wr and rb which so far looks very possible...

cant wait for our pick

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks and Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM

cant wait for our pick

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks* and* Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.

i been saying that for a while, getting a wr is a good insurance plan if we cant afford both. my bad for overreacting i guess, i just assumed u were pegging me in with the doom and gloom guys. i still think we win the division no matter what. just teams copy d gameplans when they work, if teams are gonna double nicks and cruz, and have a guy like jenkins on JJ, i dunno if that is enough...

the whole "wait til tmrw before u overreact"..."like steve smith, ur overreacting" pissed me off, over it.

Drez
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM

cant wait for our pick

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks and Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.

i been saying that for a while, getting a wr is a good insurance plan if we cant afford both. my bad for overreacting i guess, i just assumed u were pegging me in with the doom and gloom guys. i still think we win the division no matter what. just teams copy d gameplans when they work, if teams are gonna double nicks and cruz, and have a guy like jenkins on JJ, i dunno if that is enough...
Nah, I can just be a little snarky. It's all good, but no need to immediately jump to the name calling. Let the banter go on for a few posts first, lol.

Still, I don't think we need to use a 1st on a WR. It'd be a knee jerk reaction to what Dallas did. If we draft a WR and that happens to be the highest rated player on our board, then I cool with that, but I see no need to reach for a player just because Dallas added a couple good corners. Who knows, maybe JJ is this year's Cruz?

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
dammit there goes wright...i dont want to reach for a WR. Maybe Randle but that feels like a reach...JR will find a guy somewhere in this draft imo

giantsfan420
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM

cant wait for our pick

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks* and* Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.

Nah, I can just be a little snarky. It's all good, but no need to immediately jump to the name calling. Let the banter go on for a few posts first, lol.

Still, I don't think we need to use a 1st on a WR. It'd be a knee jerk reaction to what Dallas did. If we draft a WR and that happens to be the highest rated player on our board, then I cool with that, but I see no need to reach for a player just because Dallas added a couple good corners. Who knows, maybe JJ is this year's Cruz?

yeah it was kinda knee jerk reaction...wright is gone. i dont know if at 32 and of the wr's left are worth it. maybe fleener to work the middle of the field and keep the safeties honest...

Harooni
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
WR is far from what the Giants "need". agreed

ralphpal
04-26-2012, 10:15 PM
remember just because you pick someone in the 1st round doesnt mean they going to perform like that . We have more needs than WR. Also people justed posted how funny it is that Dalls is drafting to beat the Giants and now yout turing around and doing the same thing .
You want to pick for value maybe they are 10 WR who are worth 2 or 3rd round picks instaed of 1st . Im not sure but you have to look at the whole draft before you just start writing we need someone . I think we need someone on the offensive line , maybe a LB , RB , before a WR .

Gmen2005
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Sanu, Round 2

Diamondring
04-26-2012, 10:41 PM

but we need to get a WR and a damn good one.You are so right and I agree with you. A good te would be nice as well.