PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! Reality Check folks!

Bleedin Blue Since '62
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I have been a Giants fan since 1962. With the exception of the home games being blacked out in NYC area back in the 60's and 70"s, I watched EVERY game. I have been in Florida since 1985 with Satelitte TV and the ability to watch the Giant games. I think I have missed only 3 games in the last 27 years.</P>

This has been quite a season and I have celebrated this great Super Bowl win. However, I think those of us who have lives should return to those lives now. We can get a little hyped on these boards when it gets a bit closer to the draft.</P>

The simple truth is that NY Giant players don't know who we are. If you or I dropped dead tomorrow it would have "ZERO" effect on the lives of Eli Manning, Plax, Snee, Toomer, Pierce and the rest. It wouldn't even change their day tomorrow.</P>

So it's been a great year and I'm outa here till draft time.</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I have been a Giants fan since 1962. With the exception of the home games being blacked out in NYC area back in the 60's and 70"s, I watched EVERY game. I have been in Florida since 1985 with Satelitte TV and the ability to watch the Giant games. I think I have missed only 3 games in the last 27 years.</p>

This has been quite a season and I have celebrated this great Super Bowl win. However, I think those of us who have lives should return to those lives now. We can get a little hyped on these boards when it gets a bit closer to the draft.</p>

The simple truth is that NY Giant players don't know who we are. If you or I dropped dead tomorrow it would have "ZERO" effect on the lives of Eli Manning, Plax, Snee, Toomer, Pierce and the rest. It wouldn't even change their day tomorrow.</p>

So it's been a great year and I'm outa here till draft time.</p>

</p>

hey the freakin parade was today. We haven't even been champs a full week. Hell, 3 full days!

We watched for 4 months, let us enjoy the rings... u don't have to, but don't try and rain on our parade

foosball
02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Okay, well then you remember 1992 and 1996. So i'm gonna go ahead and enjoy this because those years really freaking stunk.

barcode56
02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I have been a Giants fan since 1962. With the exception of the home games being blacked out in NYC area back in the 60's and 70"s, I watched EVERY game. I have been in Florida since 1985 with Satelitte TV and the ability to watch the Giant games. I think I have missed only 3 games in the last 27 years.</P>

This has been quite a season and I have celebrated this great Super Bowl win. However, I think those of us who have lives should return to those lives now. We can get a little hyped on these boards when it gets a bit closer to the draft.</P>

The simple truth is that NY Giant players don't know who we are. If you or I dropped dead tomorrow it would have "ZERO" effect on the lives of Eli Manning, Plax, Snee, Toomer, Pierce and the rest. It wouldn't even change their day tomorrow.</P>

</P>

hey the freakin parade was today. We haven't even been champs a full week. Hell, 3 full days!

We watched for 4 months, let us enjoy the rings... u don't have to, but don't try and rain on our parade
</P>

Easy... he been a fan since 1962, show some respect dude!! He obviously has wisdom, just be open minded will ya?</P>

giantsfan1108
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
that guy doesnt just wanna rain on our parade, he wants to torch the floats!!!

WE JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL 2 DAYS AGO!!! for god sakes let us enjoy it!!!

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:17 PM
i wasn't disrespectful...

lol i am open minded thats why im still enjoying ittt

GIANTS 07 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!
BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BIG BLUE MONSTER
02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
for me it's more about the NY on the helmet then the players. players come and go but NY is here for ever. this is a celebration of NY

UmenYiourAnIdiot
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM

</P>

Sounds like your the one worrying about that stuff considering you brought it up. Same as like how if you dropped dead today it would have no impact on my life right? Well thats not because im famous and your my fan. So what you think people are looking for and accuse them of is probably just something that you have a personal problem with. Yea, thanks. Ill stay on the boards it has nothing to do with having a life, its something thats a part of it. I can make some free time in my day ya kno.</P>

Heres to hoping you dont drop dead.[b][b]</P>

Jaydog
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
No offense old timer, but f u

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:25 PM
No offense old timer, but f u

lol that reminded me of Talladega Nights... With all due respect... hahaha

JerseyGiant21
02-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I have been a Giants fan since 1962. With the exception of the home games being blacked out in NYC area back in the 60's and 70"s, I watched EVERY game. I have been in Florida since 1985 with Satelitte TV and the ability to watch the Giant games. I think I have missed only 3 games in the last 27 years.</p>

This has been quite a season and I have celebrated this great Super Bowl win. However, I think those of us who have lives should return to those lives now. We can get a little hyped on these boards when it gets a bit closer to the draft.</p>

The simple truth is that NY Giant players don't know who we are. If you or I dropped dead tomorrow it would have "ZERO" effect on the lives of Eli Manning, Plax, Snee, Toomer, Pierce and the rest. It wouldn't even change their day tomorrow.</p>

<font size="4">So it's been a great year and I'm outa here till draft time.</font></p>

</p>

</p>

Um...ok..</p>

Bye Bye..catch ya later?
</p>

barcode56
02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
No offense old timer, but f u</P>

</P>

Show some class Jay, before he washes your mouth out with soap. LMAO!!!</P>

romohater
02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Do you think people who proclaim "this is my last post", come back tosee ifanyone replied totheir last post?

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
No offense old timer, but f u</p>

</p>

Show some class Jay, before he washes your mouth out with soap. LMAO!!!</p>

lol if u think iwas disrespectful then u better chew him out lol

barcode56
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Do you think people who proclaim "this is my last post", come back tosee ifanyone replied totheir last post?</P>

</P>

LMAO!!!!</P>

</P>

barcode56
02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
No offense old timer, but f u</P>

</P>

Show some class Jay, before he washes your mouth out with soap. LMAO!!!</P>

lol if u think iwas disrespectful then u better chew him out lol
</P>

I think the old guy is gone for real!!!</P>

LMAO!!!!!</P>

rocky325
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm 59 years old and have been a Giant fan since my dad first got us the season tickets we still have whensinceI was 9 years old</P>

For that reason I do realize that this doesn't happen every year so here's to the Giants and all of us as well..........I'm going to soak this puppy up until the next team comes along and takes it away</P>

have a blast everyone and don't stop celebrating</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Dorkasaurus
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>LOL<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>what a lame thread. Stop celebrating?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>It has only been three days, and yes I am sure people have returned to their lives, but they then return to the message board to enjoy the aspect that the Giants are Suber Bowl Champions.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>We have this for a year.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN>I am looking forward to watching the game again and again.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>The best will probably be in June after a nice BBQ.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>This team worked hard for the results they obtained and as the fans had the ups and downs of the season.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>This season will be enjoyed by Giants fans for years to come… and if you were a fan from 62<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I am sure you reflect back on the good season of the Giants.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>This Super bowl will be talked about for years to come,<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>it was one of the best if not the best.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>It also had one of the greatest …if not the greatest plays in it.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>The Giant fans should also should keep celebrating ..only one other QB has scored 2 TDs in the 4<SUP>th</SUP> quarter and lead his team to a win.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>This was a great play off run with a “super” Superbowl …so I say to fans and players enjoy it<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>take time and enjoy it !!!<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>There is time to enjoy before it is time to get “ Hungry” Again !!!!</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN></P>

Phillygiantsfan
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM

</P>

Sounds like your the one worrying about that stuff considering you brought it up. Same as like how if you dropped dead today it would have no impact on my life right? Well thats not because im famous and your my fan. So what you think people are looking for and accuse them of is probably just something that you have a personal problem with. Yea, thanks. Ill stay on the boards it has nothing to do with having a life, its something thats a part of it. I can make some free time in my day ya kno.</P>

Heres to hoping you dont drop dead.[b][b]</P>

</P>

The guy has been a fan for 62 years. The day may not be too far for him. Considering that, he needs to lighten up and enjoy the time. Enjoy the moment. Remember the moment and think back, years from now, if the giants are 0 and 2 ,and remember back to this season to not lose hope. Hell, the superbowl play by Simms got me through the Dave Brown years. </P>

giantsandyanks1
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Not sure why we need to know who is taking a break from these boards because their lives get real busy in the off season(?) but i have seen some crazier posts</P>

might start a new one telling everyone i'm going to eat dinner now</P>

romohater
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Not sure why we need to know who is taking a break from these boards because their lives get real busy in the off season(?) but i have seen some crazier posts</P>

might start a new one telling everyone i'm going to eat dinner now</P>

</P>

Lol....then I'll start one asking you if the meal was good.</P>

Harooni
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
old timer killing the buzz. lol got to love the traditionlist fan base.

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM

i saw the new age giant fan today... young and energetic and full of life, and get this, THEY WERE EVEN STANDING AND CLAPPING... lets hope this is a sign of crowds to come

Harooni
02-05-2008, 07:55 PM

i saw the new age giant fan today... young and energetic and full of life, and get this, THEY WERE EVEN STANDING AND CLAPPING... lets hope this is a sign of crowds to come

im in the middle im 30 now and i feel the need to tell young kids to be quiet. [:(] i might be turning into an old timer.

i shhhed a few kids at the movies last week.

romohater
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM

im in the middle im 30 now and i feel the need to tell young kids to be quiet. [:(] i might be turning into an old timer.

</P>

Dirty Dancing is still in theaters?</P>

giantsandyanks1
02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
for me it's more about the NY on the helmet then the players. players come and go but NY is here for ever. this is a celebration of NY</P>

Agreed its always about the team not so much the players with free agency the player you love today you can hate tomorrow</P>

So i feel the need to announce i will continue to celebrate until atleast opening day next year </P>

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:58 PM

lol movie shushing = understandable

football game shushing = ******ed

MattMeyerBud
02-05-2008, 07:58 PM

lol movie shushing = understandable

football game shushing = ******ed

gracious55
02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi there, this is my first time ever addressing a sports web site. I am a New England Patriots fan. Congratulations to The Giants for their win. I'm not a sore looser so I can say that. It was a tight game and it could have gone either way. The Giants wanted it BAD. Just like they attempted to stop the Patriots in breaking their 16-0 record. I felt that the best team did not win but that's the way the ball bounces. </P>

What endears me to the Patriots more than anything else is their humility. When they win they have always acknowledged the other team and given them credit for their game. Such class! Belicheck is just a focused no nonsense man who doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold. I have never seen so many haters. Sure, there was some unethical activity. I say they just happened to get caught. I'm sure others have done it and got away with it. They paid the price. Still you can't undermine the greatness of the New England Patriots. I am very proud of them. </P>

My main problem with a lot of other teams is when they win, they get very bragadocious. No humility. Even today New York is yelling "We stomped the Patriots" or something to that effect. I feel this is no class. Sure New York is excited but you don't have to be arrogant about your win. Personally, I never underestimated the Giants. I saw them play the game with the Patriots previous to the Superbowl. I could tell they wanted it BAD! So, I never concluded the the Patriots would win. I wanted them to win (of course-I'm from Boston) Peace New York and enjoy your victory. This will probably be my one and only entry but I had to write to say show some humility yet be proud of yourself because after all, you beat the greatest team! and last it's time for a reality check and some Presidential Politics now. Go Obama!!!!!</P>

</P>

Harooni
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM

</p>

Dirty Dancing is still in theaters?</p>
lol no , what the heck were talkative teenagers going to see the bucket list for anyway?

Jaydog
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi there, this is my first time ever addressing a sports web site. I am a New England Patriots fan. Congratulations to The Giants for their win. I'm not a sore looser so I can say that. It was a tight game and it could have gone either way. The Giants wanted it BAD. Just like they attempted to stop the Patriots in breaking their 16-0 record. I felt that the best team did not win but that's the way the ball bounces. </P>

What endears me to the Patriots more than anything else is their humility. When they win they have always acknowledged the other team and given them credit for their game. Such class! Belicheck is just a focused no nonsense man who doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold. I have never seen so many haters. Sure, there was some unethical activity. I say they just happened to get caught. I'm sure others have done it and got away with it. They paid the price. Still you can't undermine the greatness of the New England Patriots. I am very proud of them. </P>

My main problem with a lot of other teams is when they win, they get very bragadocious. No humility. Even today New York is yelling "We stomped the Patriots" or something to that effect. I feel this is no class. Sure New York is excited but you don't have to be arrogant about your win. Personally, I never underestimated the Giants. I saw them play the game with the Patriots previous to the Superbowl. I could tell they wanted it BAD! So, I never concluded the the Patriots would win. I wanted them to win (of course-I'm from Boston) Peace New York and enjoy your victory. This will probably be my one and only entry but I had to write to say show some humility yet be proud of yourself because after all, you beat the greatest team! and last it's time for a reality check and some Presidential Politics now. Go Obama!!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

The best team ALWAYS wins. You got stomped out son, so take your back handed compliment and stick it in your ***, cause the NY GIANTS are the greatest in the world.</P>

NYG11
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey at least show some pride. I live all the way out here in CA and after taking all the heat from Chargers, Raiders and 49ers fans it feel great to be a Giants fan. I am only one of the three Giants fans where I work and we have over 1,000 people, the best thig is that they all know I am a true fan because a support my team year in and year out. I wanna enjoy this Superbowl for the whole year.

rocky325
02-05-2008, 08:17 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

They've got such class and humility that Seymour and your defense were trash talking the Giants after scoring the go ahead TD....telling them they're going home and even being "classy enough" to invite our players to your parade and victory party...not to mention your sore loser coach trying to run off the field before the game even ended.......yeaqh they're classy....the Wilfork eye poke in game 16 was just pure class.......the difference being your team is bragadocious BEFORE the game is over!</P>

Why do you think you got the response from Strahan that you did</P>

jomo
02-05-2008, 08:25 PM
That is your option but I, for one, will continue to bask in the sweet warmth of victory and drink from the fountain of succes. The feeling is magnificent and I believe that the team is one with us in feeling the flow. Life is good. Go back to your unhappiness.

Fguerrero
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM

</P>

</P>

Class is running the football in the 4th qtr up 30 points against a winless miami team instead of throwing the rock on 4th down and doing for a touchdown....</P>

Or not stomping on the san diego chargers logo with merrimen's lights out dance last yr...</P>

Ur team was caught violating the integrity of the game...</P>

maybe u should just look in the mirror before u point fingers...</P>

romohater
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM

</P>

</P>

Eye poke, leg whip, record button, harrison. Have a nice day.</P>

Out of Exile
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
wow mr negative i dont care how long youve been a fan</P>

the gmen know like most teams fans run the show. maybe we dont control what they do but its us that pay part of their salaries. we are the ones who watch them on fox, cbs, nbc, we were the ones out in the streets all night to celebrate and make them feel loved by millions, we are the ones buying their jerseys and tickets to games</P>

yes they dont know who we are. so what!</P>

Out of Exile
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
im glad jersey G agrees