PDA

View Full Version : I think the Wilson pick shows Reese trusts Bennett

DemandedAce
04-27-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't know if he picks a TE later on or if he packages a trade tomorrow to move up and grab Fleener/Upshaw or an OT but I think that this pick above all else shows that Reese trusts Bennett to be big as well as our linebackers to continue to improve

What say you all? Does this say more to his trust in these areas or lack of trust in AB's feet and Ware/Scott/Brown?

Neverend
04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
ull retract this when they take allen round2

DemandedAce
04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
ull retract this when they take allen round2

I won't retract it because he still went for a RB in round one than TE, but it will even the field a bit more

CDN_G-FAN
04-27-2012, 12:52 AM
i don't think this pick is a comment on Bennett as much as it is on Fleener/Upshaw.

Alot of fans saw a need at TE and thought Fleener would be the best player on the board.

Looks like Reese disagrees.

DemandedAce
04-27-2012, 12:54 AM
i don't think this pick is a comment on Bennett as much as it is on Fleener/Upshaw.

Alot of fans saw a need at TE and thought Fleener would be the best player on the board.

Looks like Reese disagrees.

Good point, people could have been overvaluing him because of our need. We'll see in the next couple of rounds though should be good!

NewYorkSwagg
04-27-2012, 12:58 AM
I hope our other rounds will be much better but this wasn't good, pretty much a waste pick I doubt if he play better than scott, or ward.

BlueBlooded1979
04-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Trading for 1st rounder next year would have been more satisfying.

VBGiantsFan
04-27-2012, 01:01 AM
I think paying him over $2 million showed his faith before this draft did.

He better be all people claim he is. As of now, Bennett is nothing more than Whitten's back up who has some experience blocking. I haven't seen much other than that.

CDN_G-FAN
04-27-2012, 01:03 AM
I think paying him over $2 million showed his faith before this draft did.

He better be all people claim he is. As of now, Bennett is nothing more than Whitten's back up who has some experience blocking. I haven't seen much other than that.

If he's as good a blocker as advertised, he'll be the best TE we've had since shockey.

we can move the ball in the air, Ballard proved that given our offense you don't need to have lightening wheels to get the ball, but our TEs block first and receive second, and for the first time in years we have a TE that doesn't have to develop as a blocker.

he can catch 10 fewer passes than Jake but if he blocks like people say he can, it'll be a huge improvement.

repeatchamps
04-27-2012, 01:12 AM
I hope our other rounds will be much better but this wasn't good, pretty much a waste pick I doubt if he play better than scott, or ward.</P>

You mean Ware not Ward. Your view on this is absurd. When has Scott or Ware ever logged over 1700 yards at a school like VA Tech in one season? The answer is never. This guy is a freak of nature athlete. Triple Jump champion, does flips like JPP and his numbers last year speak for themselves. He has dimensions to his game that no one on the squadhas. On top of everything else he is a proven commodity as a kick returner as well as a receiver out of the backfield (haven't had it consistently since Tiki left). If they were not interested in going O-line or TE in round 1 thenthisto me isa no-brainer solid pick.</P>

JMFP2
04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
i don't think this pick is a comment on Bennett as much as it is on Fleener/Upshaw. Alot of fans saw a need at TE and thought Fleener would be the best player on the board. Looks like Reese disagrees.</P>

</P>

I think Reese felt he addressed the TE with the Bennett signing, and I agree.</P>

I'm sure Reese will be on the lookout for addl TE help in the later rounds.</P>

Giants need to solidy the OL and LB positions......would also like to see a Safety.</P>

JMFP2
04-27-2012, 01:45 AM
I hope our other rounds will be much better but this wasn't good, pretty much a waste pick I doubt if he play better than scott, or ward.</P>

You mean Ware not Ward. Your view on this is absurd. When has Scott or Ware ever logged over 1700 yards at a school like VA Tech in one season? The answer is never. This guy is a freak of nature athlete. Triple Jump champion, does flips like JPP and his numbers last year speak for themselves. He has dimensions to his game that no one on the squadhas. On top of everything else he is a proven commodity as a kick returner as well as a receiver out of the backfield (haven't had it consistently since Tiki left). If they were not interested in going O-line or TE in round 1 thenthisto me isa no-brainer solid pick.</P>

</P>

All you have to do is look at the kids legs.....frigging pistons.</P>

He's got 2 speeds - quick to the line, and then that 2nd gear at the 2nd level is sick.</P>

I'm totally high on this pick.</P>

Desepx
04-27-2012, 01:49 AM
fleener and bennet in a double TE set would have been awesome man lol.

wouldn't need a run game at all.....just let eli sit back and pick apart defenses all game.

sigh =/

colts gonna grab him now i think

VBGiantsFan
04-27-2012, 01:50 AM

You mean Ware not Ward. Your view on this is absurd. When has Scott or Ware ever logged over 1700 yards at a school like VA Tech in one season? The answer is never. This guy is a freak of nature athlete. Triple Jump champion, does flips like JPP and his numbers last year speak for themselves. He has dimensions to his game that no one on the squad*has. On top of everything else he is a proven commodity as a kick returner as well as a receiver out of the backfield (haven't had it consistently since Tiki left). If they were not interested in going O-line or TE in round 1 then*this*to me is*a no-brainer solid pick.</P>

</P>

All you have to do is look at the kids legs.....frigging pistons.</P>

He's got 2 speeds - quick to the line, and then that 2nd gear at the 2nd level is sick.</P>

I'm totally high on this pick.</P>

1700 yards is pretty ridiculous. I'm curious how he's going to blend in with Bradshaw and split time (assuming he beats out Scott)

Die-Hard
04-27-2012, 01:50 AM
TE is not even close to being a huge part of this offense.

Anyone who has paid attention to this team for more than 5 seconds would know this. Fleener is badly overrated, and would serve little purpose.

VBGiantsFan
04-27-2012, 01:57 AM
TE is not even close to being a huge part of this offense.

Anyone who has paid attention to this team for more than 5 seconds would know this. Fleener is badly overrated, and would serve little purpose.

I'm not saying it was a huge part, but it definitely served an important role in plenty of games this season. Don't forget Pascoe's TD in the Superbowl or Ballard's game winning TD catch in the first Patriots game.

We just signed Bennett for over $2 million, so that enough is to say he's our starter, no need for a 1st rounder there.