PDA

View Full Version : Winner of the 1st round?

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Just like the title says, who do you think won the first round based on value or need or perhaps acquiring picks?

And yes, I know we don't know for sure until they play but I mean going off of what they have done in college and in the combine thus far.

XxBigWhitxX
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Just like the title says, who do you think won the first round based on value or need or perhaps acquiring picks?

And yes, I know we don't know for sure until they play but I mean going off of what they have done in college and in the combine thus far.Gotta say the Boys as much as it pains me. They saw they guy they wanted and got him. He's gonna be a pain in the ***. I just know it.

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 12:22 AM
I gotta go with Pittsburgh. They filled the biggest need and got a steal with DeCastro at 24. Pouncey and DeCastro next to each other? Jesus christ...

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:22 AM
I like what the vikings did. Create a stir about you dont know who you want and this and that, and essentially force a team to trade up to their spot, then they end up drafting the guy we all thought they wanted anyway, lol.

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Just like the title says, who do you think won the first round based on value or need or perhaps acquiring picks? And yes, I know we don't know for sure until they play but I mean going off of what they have done in college and in the combine thus far.Gotta say the Boys as much as it pains me. They saw they guy they wanted and got him. He's gonna be a pain in the ***. I just know it.</P>

Hes not the next Revis the guy has problems tackling and will get beat trying to match up with Nicks. He is going to get burned in the nfc East I can see Dallas like always making another sexy move that doesnt pan out. They have 4 Corners now and three are paid high. So what do they do with Jenkins now downgrade him to dime corner lol. They would have traded up for Barrnon I would have been very impressed.</P>

G-Men Surg.
04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I like what the Pats did. They adress their pass rushing problems with Chandler Jones and also a need at ILB with Hightower.

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I like what the Bucs did I honestly think they got a steal in Barron and picked up a great RB. They upgraded there offense line and filled two needed positions in a safety and running back.

Morehead State
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I like what the Bucs did I honestly think they got a steal in Barron and picked up a great RB. They upgraded there offense line and filled two needed positions in a safety and running back.</P>

Both the Pats and Bucks had a great day 1.</P>

The Pats....holy cow those are some good prospects.</P>

VegasGmen
04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Pats getting Jones and Hightower was insane but the Steelers did the best by just sitting there getting a beast in DeCastro

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I like what the Bucs did I honestly think they got a steal in Barron and picked up a great RB. They upgraded there offense line and filled two needed positions in a safety and running back.</P>

</P>

Not sold on Hightower too much but it was good picks for them I agree two solid prospects.</P>

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I like what the Pats did. They adress their pass rushing problems with Chandler Jones and also a need at ILB with Hightower.

Pats had a need at ILB? They have two pretty good ILBs already with Spikes and Mayo.

I wonder if they use Hightower as the SAM, in both 3-4 and 4-3 alignments. He can play some DE as well.

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Cardinals getting Floyd was pretty good too.

gmen0820
04-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Colts. They got an amazing QB prospect.

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Cardinals getting Floyd was pretty good too.</P>

I agree I love that pick I bet hes the best WR in this draft class hands down. Feel bad for Blackmon because he doesnt know whos going to be throwing him the ball down in Jacksonville.</P>

BlueSanta
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
I think the Vikings did something smart. In the last couple days we all heard rumors about teams wanting to trade up for TR.

It was widely known the Browns loved TR and expected him to be there at 4. Reportedly. they didnt pay attention to anyone else at the Bama pro day.

I think the Vikings, knowing the situation created a stir about various teams trading up to get TR. They let it be known a week ago they wanted to trade back and there have been rumors in the last couple days of a couple different teams trading up.

They almost forced the Browns to trade up 1 spot for him. I do not buy that the Jets or the Bengals, 2 of the teams rumored to want TR, were going to trade up for him.

BlueBlooded1979
04-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Love the value the Pats got. They have a bit of a logjam at LB but their 4-3 just got really nasty. They remind me of the Vikings defense a few years ago. Very physical.

Like the Ravens move trading out of the first round when no one they liked was on the board. Wish Reese followed that example instead of reaching.

titwio
04-27-2012, 01:00 AM
The Cowboys. They've addressed their biggest concern (secondary) this offseason by adding Carr and now Claiborne.

They're going to be scary "for real" this year...I fear.

G-Men Surg.
04-27-2012, 01:08 AM

Pats had a need at ILB? They have two pretty good ILBs already with Spikes and Mayo.

I wonder if they use Hightower as the SAM, in both 3-4 and 4-3 alignments. He can play some DE as well.

I think he eventually will be the starting ILB , I do see more upside on Dont'a than Spikes had when he was drafted. And he very well could play the SAM in a 4-3 but not necessarily agree he could excel as a 3-4 SAM, at least not as a pass rusher, that's the big BUT some analysts mention about him not having enough speed on the outside ( Mayocks one of them ) .
That been said it intrigues that Upshaw could have fit better as a SAM in a 3-4 PTs system than Hightower but they saw more upside on DH ability to play inside. Then again they got Jones for that role.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:10 AM
That been said it intrigues that Upshaw could have fit better as a SAM in a 3-4 PTs system than Hightower but they saw more upside on DH ability to play inside.

NE bounces around bewteen 3-4 and 4-3 too much for Upshaw, Upshaw I think is truly a 3-4 OLB only.

G-Men Surg.
04-27-2012, 01:26 AM
That been said it intrigues that Upshaw could have fit better as a SAM in a 3-4 PTs system than Hightower but they saw more upside on DH ability to play inside.

NE bounces around bewteen 3-4 and 4-3 too much for Upshaw, Upshaw I think is truly a 3-4 OLB only.
Agree Dont'a its going to be a jack of all trades fornthe Pats but I do really see him in years to come a corner stone in the inside for NE. The one red flag I'm worried about DH is his injury history, an torn ACL for a guy with that weight at ILB is not something you take lightly as a GM.

TheBookOfEli
04-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Winner: Patriots. I would've love to have Chandler Jones but he's a Patriot. I feel he'll be a Willie McGuinest type player for them. Hightower was also a solid pick.

Losers: Browns. IMO i don't see anything special about Trent Richardson. He'll probably be a good back but to get him at 3? And drafting a 29 year old QB in the first round? Weeden probably could've been had in round 2, maybe 3.

Shockeystays08
04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
I gotta go with Pittsburgh. They filled the biggest need and got a steal with DeCastro at 24. Pouncey and DeCastro next to each other? Jesus christ...

Is the JC thing really necessary ?

Morehead State
04-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Cardinals getting Floyd was pretty good too.</P>

I agree I love that pick I bet hes the best WR in this draft class hands down. Feel bad for Blackmon because he doesnt know whos going to be throwing him the ball down in Jacksonville.</P>

</P>

Probably Henne.</P>

Shockeyitus
04-27-2012, 09:37 AM
you cats are cray!!! How about THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! We get a highly productive RB that has game changing speed, good power and is an athletic freak. Martin is a good player and was clearly on the Giants radar... however, has he hit his ceiling yet? Wilson on the otherhand has yet to tap into his full potential. He is a JPP type "freakish" athlete that has unlimited potential. The more I think about the pick, the more im excited. Giants offense is a perfect fit for Wilson and his skill set will be used...a lot!..

Nice job Reese!

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM

And yes, I know we don't know for sure until they play but I mean going off of what they have done in college and in the combine thus far.

I think Morehead won the first round.

He was the only person on these boards who was high on David Wilson and thought he'd be realistically picked.

And it was a great pick to boot.

titwio
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM
you cats are cray!!! How about THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! We get a highly productive RB that has game changing speed, good power and is an athletic freak. Martin is a good player and was clearly on the Giants radar... however, has he hit his ceiling yet? Wilson on the otherhand has yet to tap into his full potential. He is a JPP type "freakish" athlete that has unlimited potential. The more I think about the pick, the more im excited. Giants offense is a perfect fit for Wilson and his skill set will be used...a lot!..

Nice job Reese!

I'm a huge Wilson fan and have been saying it for months but...When the Cowboys just waltz up for a top 5 talent in Claiborne for nothing but a 2nd round pick (which is beyond me how they didn't have to give up more)...I'd say the Cowboys are clearly the day one winners.

Very disappointed with the Rams right now.

GMENAGAIN
04-27-2012, 10:23 AM

</P>

I think that the Bucs got worked . . . .they moved back thinking they could still get Claiborne and Dallas snuck in front of them. They redeemed themselves a little withjumping back into the first to get Martin. </P>

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM

</P>

I think that the Bucs got worked . . . .they moved back thinking they could still get Claiborne and Dallas snuck in front of them.* They redeemed themselves a little with*jumping back into the first to get Martin.* *</P>

I don't like Barron on the Bucs ... I think they had higher needs then a Safety (and I like Barron a lot). Doug Martin was a good consolation prize for them however .... he could potentially start day 1.

Pats had a good first round but I'm surprised they went with Hightower ... inside LBer wasn't a need for them (as opposed to Safety which they desperately need).

And WTF were the 49ers thinking? A 3rd round prospect WR in the first round AFTER they added Moss and Manningham to their team?! Talk about a brain fart.

titwio
04-27-2012, 10:55 AM

</P>

I think that the Bucs got worked . . . .they moved back thinking they could still get Claiborne and Dallas snuck in front of them.* They redeemed themselves a little with*jumping back into the first to get Martin.* *</P>

I don't like Barron on the Bucs ... I think they had higher needs then a Safety (and I like Barron a lot). Doug Martin was a good consolation prize for them however .... he could potentially start day 1.

Pats had a good first round but I'm surprised they went with Hightower ... inside LBer wasn't a need for them (as opposed to Safety which they desperately need).

And WTF were the 49ers thinking? A 3rd round prospect WR in the first round AFTER they added Moss and Manningham to their team?! Talk about a brain fart.

I agree on the 9ers pick. They could have EASILY got Jenkins at least with their 2nd. I was scratching my head on that one.