PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean for Scott?

Overdrive92
04-27-2012, 01:42 AM
So what does this pick mean for Da'Rel Scott now? What role does he play on this team? The guy had some flashes last year and I'd hate to give up on him so soon.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Id love for him to get the pass protection stuff down so he is at least a 3rd down option.

Could see him return kickoffs too.

Really think this may mean for the end of DJ Ware than for Scott.

Drez
04-27-2012, 01:45 AM
It means he has a shot to be in the rotation this year.With this move I can see Brown being released, and Ware outside of some very important 2 point conversions hasn't done jack squat in any of his opportunities. After BJ, the ballgame is wide open at RB.

Drez
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Id love for him to get the pass protection stuff down so he is at least a 3rd down option.

Could see him return kickoffs too.

Really think this may mean for the end of DJ Ware than for Scott.
I was thinking more Brown than Ware. But, really, six one way; half a dozen the other.

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Scott could develop further. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but there is still room to grow is the important point. Danny Ware has had several years and not much to show for it. He couldn't beat BJ for the 2nd man job even after he stopped being the Juggernaut and started being the tiptoe guy...

blueNorange
04-27-2012, 02:24 AM
well with bradshaw having so many foot surgeries, it's good to have scott on the team

but i'm real excited about this wilson kid, great potential

myles2424
04-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Points to remember, Ware has done zero with the opportunities given........Scott is unseen......Bradshaw, guaranteed to be hurt at some point in the season & if he continues with the injuries could eventually become a cap casualty....
& let's not foget we rotate our RBs frequently

Flip Empty
04-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Trademarking "Heart, Wind and Fire" now.

http://i.imgur.com/WIaPv.gif

Snappinnecks
04-27-2012, 08:38 AM
well with bradshaw having so many foot surgeries, it's good to have scott on the team

Exactly! It's going to the Scott and WIlson show very soon. Bradshaw's feet have to killing him. You don't know what happened behind the scenes to get him on the field every week. The Giants organization does and that's why this pick is so important.

burier
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
it means he has to earn his roster spot. Which was the case prior to the draft.

I like Scott. Last year possibly out of wishful thinking I called him Da Real Scott, or Da Reel Scott.

But in reality we really need to break this habbit of romantisizing players. He broke a big run in a preseason game..thats it.

When he got a shot in the regular season he dropped the ball. He's shown nothing to substanciate a spot as the forgone conclusion at number 2 back.

buddy33
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Right, and all Cruz did before last year was have a good pre season game against the Jets.

Look, Bradshaw is a guy we all like, but his feet are bad. Reese just drafted two very speedy RB's the past two seasons. After them who else is there? Ware and Brown?

I think Scott has a chance to do just fine.

yatitle
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
it means he has to earn his roster spot. Which was the case prior to the draft.

I like Scott. Last year possibly out of wishful thinking I called him Da Real Scott, or Da Reel Scott.

But in reality we really need to break this habbit of romantisizing players. He broke a big run in a preseason game..thats it.

When he got a shot in the regular season he dropped the ball. He's shown nothing to substanciate a spot as the forgone conclusion at number 2 back.
+1

B&RWarrior
04-27-2012, 08:58 AM
it means he has to earn his roster spot. Which was the case prior to the draft. I like Scott. Last year possibly out of wishful thinking I called him Da Real Scott, or Da Reel Scott. But in reality we really need to break this habbit of romantisizing players. He broke a big run in a preseason game..thats it. When he got a shot in the regular season he dropped the ball. He's shown nothing to substanciate a spot as the forgone conclusion at number 2 back.</P>

Spot on! It means if he wasn't getting ready for the season already then he better get in gear. There will be an open competition for the #2 RB. He'll get his roster spot the old fashion way- eaaaaaaaaaaarn it.</P>

NYG 5
04-27-2012, 09:28 AM
it means the 95 speed ratings of scott and wilson are going to create many-o-200 yard rushing games in madden

NYSPORTS
04-27-2012, 09:30 AM

Bradshaw will likely continue to have foot issues. Not to mention, with ongoing cap issues, both Scott and Wilson cost a lot less.