PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson Haters......

myles2424
04-27-2012, 02:37 AM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....& it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some.....
I remember this same chatter when we picked JPP...

I challenge you to stick to your word & express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back & get a good laugh at you....

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

Flip Empty
04-27-2012, 02:46 AM
It's crazy. What more does this organisation have to do to prove they know what they're doing?

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 02:50 AM
like i said i neither hate nor love the pick. i need to see the production and the rest of the draft to understand why this pick was more of a value over the other guys that were available. if the giants trade up and get a great pick in the 2nd either OL/TE/WR/DT/DE then i would say okay the drop off in RB talent was more steep than the other positions which is why they took him understandable but i swear if the same RB's they thought won't be there at 63 are then im going to be mildly annoyed

Bohemian
I can't stand Wilson. First off, he has not been good enough to even dress, he is not even in the practice squad. He has no touchdowns, no yards, no carries, no starts, no nothing! What a horrible pick. He was an absolute waist of a pick, and it is a shame that he had to call it a career early due to his inability to do anything right, his inability to do anything for that matter. He is a nice guy to be sure, so it is good to see that he has his health as he walks away from the game and enjoys his new life. Perhaps one day we will look back and forgive him for being so short and stuff like that, because after it is all said and done, no one would hit a man with glasses under the mango tree on Christmas morning. Well, there you have it, my hate for Wilson, that bum has not done anything, but then again that seems to be all we pick these days, bums just want to take pictures with the Commissionaire and call it a day. But like I said, it is good that he walks away from the game now, while he still has his health.

myles2424
It's crazy. What more does this organisation have to do to prove they know what they're doing?
Somehow Reese is one of the best GMs & football and we keep collecting rings, yet we had no idea what we were doing when we picked up Wilson..

Bohemian
04-27-2012, 02:52 AM

Win the tripe crown, the Monaco grand prix, and the fifa world cup, cure AIDS, cure cancer, and do that cube thing with all the colours... I can't never do that thing.

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 02:52 AM
I can't stand Wilson. First off, he has not been good enough to even dress, he is not even in the practice squad. He has no touchdowns, no yards, no carries, no starts, no nothing! What a horrible pick. He was an absolute waist of a pick, and it is a shame that he had to call it a career early due to his inability to do anything right, his inability to do anything for that matter. He is a nice guy to be sure, so it is good to see that he has his health as he walks away from the game and enjoys his new life. Perhaps one day we will look back and forgive him for being so short and stuff like that, because after it is all said and done, no one would hit a man with glasses under the mango tree on Christmas morning. Well, there you have it, my hate for Wilson, that bum has not done anything, but then again that seems to be all we pick these days, bums just want to take pictures with the Commissionaire and call it a day. But like I said, it is good that he walks away from the game now, while he still has his health.

are mental institutions too overcrowded?

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 02:55 AM
<font color="red" size="52px">BUT I WANTED FLEENER!!!!1</font>

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/whining.jpg

FlyingTruck
04-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Had it with JPP as well. It will go away if he actually produces on the field.

Bohemian
04-27-2012, 02:57 AM

are mental institutions too overcrowded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXG67x2r3c

myles2424
04-27-2012, 03:03 AM
I wish people would sit back & realize majority of fans have never played football and know very little.....
If the boards made all the FO moves, Cruz wouldve been considered a guy that shined all because it was preseason and wouldn't have been given any further chance.....
Sean Weatherspoon or Derrick Morgan would be a Giant instead of JPP....
Kenny britt would be a Giant instead of Nicks....
We would've traded for Braylon Edwards & never drafted Nicks...
Osi wouldve been traded years ago....
Albert Haynesworth would've got a monster contract a few years ago......
We would've "sucked for luck" instead of Eli winning the superbowl....

Food for thought.....

pino
04-27-2012, 03:04 AM
I can't stand Wilson.* First off, he has not been good enough to even dress, he is not even in the practice squad.* He has no touchdowns, no yards, no carries, no starts, no nothing!* What a horrible pick.* He was an absolute waist of a pick, and it is a shame that he had to call it a career early due to his inability to do anything right, his inability to do anything for that matter.* He is a nice guy to be sure, so it is good to see that he has his health as he walks away from the game and enjoys his new life.* Perhaps one day we will look back and forgive him for being so short and stuff like that, because after it is all said and done, no one would hit a man with glasses under the mango tree on Christmas morning.* Well, there you have it, my hate for Wilson, that bum has not done anything, but then again that seems to be all we pick these days, bums just want to take pictures with the Commissionaire and call it a day.* But like I said, it is good that he walks away from the game now, while he still has his health.

If it's any consolation, I saw what you did and lol'd.

BigBlue121
04-27-2012, 03:05 AM
i honestly dont watch college football so i have no idea who this guy is or his skills till i see the highlights or week 1

Flip Empty
04-27-2012, 03:15 AM
i honestly dont watch college football so i have no idea who this guy is or his skills till i see the highlights or week 1

Neither. His combine assessment makes him sound perfect though http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/david-wilson?id=2533035

NYDestroyer
04-27-2012, 03:50 AM
like the pick. David Wilson is rated number 2 back on most nfl draft fans list.

Firenugget
04-27-2012, 04:04 AM
I think it's a great pick. The kid is a star, just wait.

GiantWarfare
04-27-2012, 04:08 AM
I'm sold already...

that pregame speech got to me...lol...of course his highlights don't hurt either.

DW looks like he's gonna be a stud for us...

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 04:11 AM

this.

and that was my exact facial expression with a little more tears. sorry that i care for this team a little more than others

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 04:11 AM

this.

and that was my exact facial expression with a little more tears. sorry that i care for this team a little more than others

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 04:23 AM
One thing I'm surprised no one has pointed out in those highlights is the fact Wilson very rarely accepts a few yards at a time and will often go for the big play by running around and even backwards waiting for lanes to open up. This very rarely works against NFL defenses and if he doesn't learn to be more patient, I can see him losing us yardage and forcing Eli to bail us out more often. I think that is his true weakness and not his fumbling issue.

berya
04-27-2012, 04:30 AM
I'm sold already...

that pregame speech got to me...lol...of course his highlights don't hurt either.

DW looks like he's gonna be a stud for us...

Me too. Love what I see on the highlights. This dude looks like a player.

Harooni
04-27-2012, 05:02 AM

WTH are you going on about??? lmao we have the weirdest fan base.

im very excited over this pick.

rcrane082985
04-27-2012, 05:06 AM
I can't stand Wilson.* First off, he has not been good enough to even dress, he is not even in the practice squad.* He has no touchdowns, no yards, no carries, no starts, no nothing!* What a horrible pick.* He was an absolute waist of a pick, and it is a shame that he had to call it a career early due to his inability to do anything right, his inability to do anything for that matter.* He is a nice guy to be sure, so it is good to see that he has his health as he walks away from the game and enjoys his new life.* Perhaps one day we will look back and forgive him for being so short and stuff like that, because after it is all said and done, no one would hit a man with glasses under the mango tree on Christmas morning.* Well, there you have it, my hate for Wilson, that bum has not done anything, but then again that seems to be all we pick these days, bums just want to take pictures with the Commissionaire and call it a day.* But like I said, it is good that he walks away from the game now, while he still has his health.

If it's any consolation, I saw what you did and lol'd.

yeah lol, after the first 2 lines, i was like wtf? but then i saw what he did der on the 3rd line lol.

Antwuan
04-27-2012, 05:17 AM
I trust Resse with his track record and the fact that he has helped this team win 2 superbowls I will never question the moves he makes.

From the highlights that I have seen from David Wilson I got to say impressed with this guy he is fast, explosive, athletic and he runs super hard.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....&amp; it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some..... I remember this same chatter when we picked JPP... I challenge you to stick to your word &amp; express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back &amp; get a good laugh at you.... Can't wait for tomorrow!!!! I'm not a fan of the pick, but i woulden't call myself a hater..lol I don't hate David Wilson, and to be honest, i don't nessecarily think hes gonna be a bust, i just don't like the way he loses huge chunks of yards on plays he should know have no chance.. I'm more frustrated that the BUCS jumped us to get my guy, Doug Martin, who i said was the 2nd best back in this class months ago, and he could've been ares if the BUCS didn't jump us.. </P>

Either way, as Reeses biggest supporter of drafts over the past several yrs on here, and having to litteraly tell people who were whining that there absoulutley nutz to not realize how great our drafts were, it is strange to not absoulutley just love a Reese pick..lolI just think there was alot better value then David Wilson at the time...</P>

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 05:35 AM
I'm sold already... that pregame speech got to me...lol...of course his highlights don't hurt either. DW looks like he's gonna be a stud for us... Me too. Love what I see on the highlights. This dude looks like a player. You mean his Highlights are good??lol Come on!!!!lol

jparmer
04-27-2012, 05:56 AM

this.

U cried about the Rivers trade now u cry about Wilson. What team do u work for that u know so much about how players should be signed or drafted.

I get so tired of these guys that think they know better than nfl gm's.

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 06:39 AM

this.

U cried about the Rivers trade now u cry about Wilson. What team do u work for that u know so much about how players should be signed or drafted.

pardon me i dont know you, but you seem to think you know me?

berya
04-27-2012, 06:40 AM
I'm sold already... that pregame speech got to me...lol...of course his highlights don't hurt either. DW looks like he's gonna be a stud for us... Me too. Love what I see on the highlights. This dude looks like a player.* You mean his Highlights are good??lol Come on!!!!lol

Many times I watched a guys highlights and thought he was a bum. First thing that came to my mind when I watched this dude was DAMN he can play. Hope that helps :)

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm sold already... that pregame speech got to me...lol...of course his highlights don't hurt either. DW looks like he's gonna be a stud for us... Me too. Love what I see on the highlights. This dude looks like a player. You mean his Highlights are good??lol Come on!!!!lol Many times I watched a guys highlights and thought he was a bum. First thing that came to my mind when I watched this dude was DAMN he can play. Hope that helps :) ya, i suppose...lol

PIERCEnumber58rules
04-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Im just a fan, not a scout (nor is anyone on this board a scout). Scout Inc. had Wilson ranked 52, and some mock drafts had us taking Wilson in the 2nd round. He kind of felt like a reach, and all I heard was he can't pass protect, he can't run routes, and he fumbles alot. People say he's fast, but Da'Rel Scott ran a 4.34 40 at the combine whereas Wilson ran a 4.49.

But I don't hate the pick, and I trust our scouting department. He adds depth. We don't know how much Bradshaw has left. I just hope we don't give up on Scott cuz I think he can be something special. I'm not gonna call it a wasted pick cuz RB was a need.

Welcome to NY Wilson!

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....&amp; it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some..... I remember this same chatter when we picked JPP... I challenge you to stick to your word &amp; express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back &amp; get a good laugh at you.... Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!Well thats crazy. I think there were better players on the board when the Giants picked. I recognize though RB was a huge need and the Giants couldnt afford not to land a quality 1. Just dont like the value of the pick much. I think Wilson will do fine though

BurnerNYG
04-27-2012, 08:01 AM
I trust Reese's judgement over everybody's on this board. I remember when people was crying about the Nicks pick. I followed college ball closely that year and I knew what type of player we were getting.

BurnerNYG
04-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Im just a fan, not a scout (nor is anyone on this board a scout). Scout Inc. had Wilson ranked 52, and some mock drafts had us taking Wilson in the 2nd round. He kind of felt like a reach, and all I heard was he can't pass protect, he can't run routes, and he fumbles alot. People say he's fast, but Da'Rel Scott ran a 4.34 40 at the combine whereas Wilson ran a 4.49.

But I don't hate the pick, and I trust our scouting department. He adds depth. We don't know how much Bradshaw has left. I just hope we don't give up on Scott cuz I think he can be something special. I'm not gonna call it a wasted pick cuz RB was a need.

Welcome to NY Wilson!Same here. As much as I would love to have more knowledge of all these kids being drafted... I have a life, a family and a full time job. I leave the scouting and drafting to the professionals. I'm not knocking anybody's personal hobby, I'm just speaking for myself as far as my time. I say welcome aboard too and I am definitely not the one to question Reese. That's absurd.

gumby742
04-27-2012, 08:22 AM
shrug, i can't stand this pick. I wasn't crazy about the JPP pick either, but i really thinkthis pick ispretty awful. I'm one of the biggest Reese homers out there, disgustingly so, but it's my job as a fan to 2nd guess and know nothing about scouting and evaluating players.</P>

The part that bugs me about this guy, according to things that I read, is that he lacks vision. I'd much rather gotten Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin.</P>

In Reese I Trust.</P>

Jintsferlife
04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Honestly, Scouts, Inc. has never impressed me with their "knowledge." Wilson has lots going for him, way beyond being ACC Player of the Year and rushing for 1709 and a 5.9 ypc. He's a great kick returner. He's strong as hell. All-American in the triple-jump and had an 11-foot-plus long jump at the combines. You don't do those kinds of things without serious leg strength, and his arms look as if he's spent serious time in the weight room as well. He didn't catch many passes in college, but a few were spectacular and reports from the combines on his pass-catching were also quite positive.

Don't forget that TC was a back in college. He's gonna turn this kid into hell on wheels, or, as one scouting report described him, "a nightmare" one-on-one in the open field.

Again, the highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bO123KOEM

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....&amp; it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some..... I remember this same chatter when we picked JPP... I challenge you to stick to your word &amp; express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back &amp; get a good laugh at you.... Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!Well thats crazy. I think there were better players on the board when the Giants picked. I recognize though RB was a huge need and the Giants couldnt afford not to land a quality 1. Just dont like the value of the pick much. I think Wilson will do fine though Ya, the main problem i have is hte value as well.. I feel Isaiah Pead could've offered similar abilities and could've been had further along, and if hes gone, a guy like Cyrus Gray could offer similar stuff.. COrdy Glenn's value was off the charts in my opinon..

chuckedafter5yards
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
The need at RB was glaring, the kid looks like a athlete with rare physical skills. His addition helps the strength of the backfield. If he is as good a pass catcher as the clip shows he could be very interesting to cover.

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....& it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some..... I remember this same chatter when we picked JPP... I challenge you to stick to your word & express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back & get a good laugh at you.... Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!Well thats crazy. I think there were better players on the board when the Giants picked. I recognize though RB was a huge need and the Giants couldnt afford not to land a quality 1. Just dont like the value of the pick much. I think Wilson will do fine though* Ya, the main problem i have is hte value as well.. I feel Isaiah Pead could've offered similar abilities and could've been had further along, and if hes gone, a guy like* Cyrus Gray could offer similar stuff.. COrdy Glenn's value was off the charts in my opinon..Garafalo said on Twitter Glenn was the highest player on the Giants board. He seemed like an ideal pick to play LG or RT. David Wilsons fumbling issues really bother me

BlueBlitzer
04-27-2012, 08:50 AM
TC has a way with Virginia backs who fumble.

B&RWarrior
04-27-2012, 08:51 AM
</P>

Nice post! The guy hasn't played a down in the NFLand 99% of fans haven't seen him play a full game much less many games or a season in collegeto give credibility to theirassesment. New dynamic RB rookie will be one of the many story lines going to camp this year.Looking forward to see him and Scott do battle.</P>

It's so funny to hear fans talk of their being better value available at the 32 spot. I tend to question the <U>value</U> of all the arm chair quarterbacksthat couldn't get a Dorito taco for their draft analysis.</P>

</P>

CDN_G-FAN
04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I wish people would sit back &amp; realize majority of fans have never played football and know very little..... If the boards made all the FO moves, Cruz wouldve been considered a guy that shined all because it was preseason and wouldn't have been given any further chance..... Sean Weatherspoon or Derrick Morgan would be a Giant instead of JPP.... Kenny britt would be a Giant instead of Nicks.... We would've traded for Braylon Edwards &amp; never drafted Nicks... Osi wouldve been traded years ago.... Albert Haynesworth would've got a monster contract a few years ago...... We would've "sucked for luck" instead of Eli winning the superbowl.... Food for thought.....</P>

great post.</P>

just to put a finer point on it, even those of us that have played football don't know anything compared to the guys that have been living in the football employment world 24/7 for 20+ years.</P>

we see a few college games, read some mock drafts, look at holes in our roster and think we know the best pick for the team.</P>

Scouts talk to frickin' highschool teachers and teammates. the depth of their due diligence compared to ours is so ridiculously differentit shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.</P>

Carnage929
04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Fleener this Fleener that. We value TE at probably the lowest positional value among any position. I was a "little" surprised we took a back this high BUT, Reese knows everything. TE with our first rounder, c'mon man.

I was about to bet my house that we'd take another CB or DE, because along with a franchise QB, those two positions win superbowls!

TE... Kinda makes me laugh.

NYG 5
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
i think you had to make that pick, its the fastest way to improve the running woes. its the only one pick that can improve the running game globally, a TE or a tackle wouldn't do it.

have to rely on Kyle Reese to save us with late round and undrafted FA players for the other positions

chasjay
04-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Would we have taken Martin instead, if the Bucs hadn't beaten us to him? I tend to think so, but I have no credentials. Anybody think we'll take another RB in later rounds?

thomsoad
04-27-2012, 09:11 AM
One of two things is going on with Reese right now...Either he knows Coughlin and Co are the absolute masterminds in developing raw talent or he getting an inflated ego over his abilty to develop talent.

Fact is this..this kid is the very definition of boom or bust. If Coughlin and co can coach him to pass block and hit the hole we got a steal.

What concerns me the most about this guy isnt his fumbling or poor pass blocking. Its his mouth and attitude. Its been documented that he has clashed with his coaches at VT and hasnt been afraid to go public with it.

We dont need Tiki. Plax, or Shockey all over again. Osi and Rolle are plenty ... thank you very much.

BurnerNYG
04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
I wish people would sit back & realize majority of fans have never played football and know very little..... If the boards made all the FO moves, Cruz wouldve been considered a guy that shined all because it was preseason and wouldn't have been given any further chance..... Sean Weatherspoon or Derrick Morgan would be a Giant instead of JPP.... Kenny britt would be a Giant instead of Nicks.... We would've traded for Braylon Edwards & never drafted Nicks... Osi wouldve been traded years ago.... Albert Haynesworth would've got a monster contract a few years ago...... We would've "sucked for luck" instead of Eli winning the superbowl.... Food for thought.....</P>

great post.</P>

just to put a finer point on it, even those of us that have played football don't know anything compared to the guys that have been living in the football employment world 24/7 for 20+ years.</P>

we see a few college games, read some mock drafts, look at holes in our roster and think we know the best pick for the team.</P>

Scouts talk to frickin' highschool teachers and teammates.* the depth of their due diligence compared to ours is so ridiculously different*it shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.</P>Yeah that was a good post. I'm definitely a man who had heavy criticism on Eli last offseason and preseason. Besides that, I have watched this team win not one but 2 Superbowls under the Reese regime so I for one am not gonna sit here and question any of his decisions from this day forward until proven otherwise. He has a track record that speaks for itself. Most of you guys didn't even know who Victor Cruz was until that preseason game against the jets. Sometimes all the athletic ability in the world won't help you at the next level but sheer heart and determination will. Some of you folks need to relax and learn to trust the professionals. Ignore me if you want but I know you're reading this.

thomsoad
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
In all fairness...Even Reese admitted he didnt really know anything about Cruz either. He just brought Cruz in cuz he was local.

chasjay
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
In all fairness...Even Reese admitted he didnt really know anything about Cruz either. He just brought Cruz in cuz he was local.

Good call! Brought him is as a Local and now he's an Express!! [:D]

ny06
04-27-2012, 09:43 AM
With the way some of thefans reacted you would think the Giants drafted Hitler

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....& it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some.....

I challenge you to stick to your word & express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back & get a good laugh at you....

It was a great pick. If you hate David Wilson you don't know running backs.

gumby742
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't assume that those who are questioning the pick are also doubting Reese's ability nor are we saying we know more then Reese does and that Wilson will be a bust. We're fans and it's the off season. We need something to complain and talk about.

jparmer
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM

this.

I know u opposed the Rivers trade because u think there is higher value in a 5th round pick. Now Reese made a bad move drafting Wilson. Oh I'm sorry u didn't say it was a bad move, u just made your statements in a way that u can come back after the jury is out and claim one side or the other.

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 10:21 AM
We'll see what people are saying when this kid becomes a starter 1 year from now

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM

this.

I know u opposed the Rivers trade because u think there is higher value in a 5th round pick. Now Reese made a bad move drafting Wilson. Oh I'm sorry u didn't say it was a bad move, u just made your statements in a way that u can come back after the jury is out and claim one side or the other. i dont know if i should feel flattered or a little wierd that another man hangs on to the things i say in a message board. That rivers pick was so long ago that i hardly remember who was for or against it. Well let me explain for you, when you pay attention to college football, played football, studied to the best any civilian can on these prospects, you have an idea of who you feel would help this team; wilson at 32 was not projected by anyone on these board or alot of the draft experts, even mocks that had us takin a RB didnt project wilson. So pardon the rest of us that have some knowledge of the prospect ratings and an opinion, for not liking the pick outright like obedient fans. Dont worryvwe will drink the koolaid in the next 5 rounds.

jparmer
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM

this.

I know u opposed the Rivers trade because u think there is higher value in a 5th round pick. Now Reese made a bad move drafting Wilson. Oh I'm sorry u didn't say it was a bad move, u just made your statements in a way that u can come back after the jury is out and claim one side or the other. i dont know if i should feel flattered or a little wierd that another man hangs on to the things i say in a message board. That rivers pick was so long ago that i hardly remember who was for or against it. Well let me explain for you, when you pay attention to college football, played football, studied to the best any civilian can on these prospects, you have an idea of who you feel would help this team; wilson at 32 was not projected by anyone on these board or alot of the draft experts, even mocks that had us takin a RB didnt project wilson. So pardon the rest of us that have some knowledge of the prospect ratings and an opinion, for not liking the pick outright like obedient fans. Dont worryvwe will drink the koolaid in the next 5 rounds.

Again, if u are such a brilliant college scout, what nfl team do u work for?

The rivers trade was like 2 weeks ago, please, don't flatter yourself. It's been a long boring offseason thus far and the trade was the only news we've gotten.

myles2424
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm surprised by some of the hate floating around.....& it's not just a slight disagreement, Wilson has already been called "a wasted pick" by some..... I remember this same chatter when we picked JPP... I challenge you to stick to your word & express your disapproval in your SiG.....this way, mid season we can aleto ok back & get a good laugh at you.... Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!Well thats crazy. I think there were better players on the board when the Giants picked. I recognize though RB was a huge need and the Giants couldnt afford not to land a quality 1. Just dont like the value of the pick much. I think Wilson will do fine though I agree there may have possibly been some more value out there...But JR has said before, when there's multiple guys that are closely ranked, that's when Need plays a factor.......Upshaw, a few things made him fall & where would he fit in on this team?
Glenn & Jonathan Martin, not dominate at their positions and fell for a reason......
Worthy & Still, after signing Rogers, I highly doubt that we will bring in a 5th DT..

Fleener & Lavonte daivd, both dominate players, but RB was the obvious need.....

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM

this.

The rivers trade was like 2 weeks ago, please, don't flatter yourself. It's been a long boring offseason thus far and the trade was the only news we've gotten.
right... like i said who are you?
No one claims their a scout, but like other posters on here who know the talent, stats, ratings of the players in the draft outside of the first round we have a sort of investement to some players we like cause we did the research. And its not like were pulling this information out our asses. Those of us who played football know the game so we see things that either awe or irk us with players, we compare what we deduct with other professional scouts and what they're saying about the players, ping ideas off each other on the boards by doing mock drafts and asking about certain players, there are alot of guys on here that are knowledgeable, redeye, slip, nycsport, enigma are a few that come to mind.
so this"you think your a scout who do you work for,"argument your running is kind of lame and childish just cause some of us are not doing back flips for the pick.
And that was still two weeks too much for me to even remeber who was upset with what, but thanks for reading and remembering what i wrote i wont flatter myself i leave that job to you.

BlueBlooded1979
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
If you think a complimentary back that will take a year to see significant playing time and have 6-10 fumbles a season is worth a first round pick you don't understand the NFL in 2012.

it is sunk cost at this point so I hope he does well but barring a stellar rookie campaign the pick was poor value.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 02:44 PM

It was a great pick. If you hate David Wilson you don't know running backs.

david wilson was actually the 2nd best back behind richardson from a ton of the scouts and mayock had him at 2 for much of the draft lead up.

i like this pick more and more. the only people who are claiming it was a reach or something are people who believe themselves to be geniuses and know it alls. they watched a few youtube clips and became an expert lmfao smh...

david wilson has a TON of athleticism, agility, speed, and even some power. I actually had Wilson above Martin but posters here were high on Martin so i kinda jumped on that bandwagon...

david wilson has better spped, agility, athleeticism than martin, and in those regards, its not even close

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 02:47 PM

this.

No one claims their a scout, but like other posters on here who know the talent, stats, ratings of the players in the draft outside of the first round we have a sort of investement to some players we like cause we did the research. And its not like were pulling this information out our asses. Those of us who played football know the game so we see things that either awe or irk us with players, we compare what we deduct with other professional scouts and what they're saying about the players, ping ideas off each other on the boards by doing mock drafts and asking about certain players, there are alot of guys on here that are knowledgeable, redeye, slip, nycsport, enigma are a few that come to mind.
so this"you think your a scout who do you work for,"argument your running is kind of lame and childish just cause some of us are not doing back flips for the pick.
And that was still two weeks too much for me to even remeber who was upset with what, but thanks for reading and remembering what i wrote i wont flatter myself i leave that job to you.

much like the way u acted with the Rivers trade, just bc u dont know much about the player doesnt mean he's not a quality player. u may know about other players from the utube clips, but i have to question whether u know anything about wilson.

he was ACC PLAYER OF THE YEAR, SECOND IN NCAA IN RUSH YARDS. FIRST IN YPC, he was the best peformer in 4 of the combine drills (with two weeks to train bc of strep throat) and in terms of measurables and potential, he was the BPA

Medisleman
04-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I am very happy with this pick. The Giants always make good decisions on draft day and don't waste picks trading up or anything stupid. Slow and steady wins the race, and the GMEN have been slow and steadily winning since before winning the SB in 86. As long as we keep going to superbowls every few years, I am thrilled.

Just think you could be a Redskin fan thinking your ship just came in with RGIII only to find out this season that your owner still sucks, your coaches are completely stubborn, and your team is still going to lose. (I live in DC, I guarantee RGIII is screwed in Washington right now.)

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 04:26 PM

this.

much like the way u acted with the Rivers trade, just bc u dont know much about the player doesnt mean he's not a quality player. u may know about other players from the utube clips, but i have to question whether u know anything about wilson.

he was ACC PLAYER OF THE YEAR, SECOND IN NCAA IN RUSH YARDS. FIRST IN YPC, he was the best peformer in 4 of the combine drills (with two weeks to train bc of strep throat) and in terms of measurables and potential, he was the BPA
Honestly i wanted to avoid this but you guys acting like a bunch of ******* that just got insulted or something. Just cause some of us dont agree with the pick out right. i question how much you know since you bandwagoned onto martin when you claim you clearly knew wilson was better. Im not a bandwagon and im not gonna bandwagon onto wilson cause he was the pick, i think there was better value elsewhere and that what i'm STICKING to. I dont know rivers cause i havent been following the player in 2005 or 2006 whenever he was drafted. Reese has said time and time again he values his picks so when he traded itvwas uncharacteristic and i felt LB wasnt that great of a need to trade a pick for when there were other options in the draft, FA or undrafted FA especially when we had alot of LB's and didn't know whether goff or blackburn was coming back. Alot of other people questioned it, but thats what we did question we didnt out right say **** this team thay was a bad call on the trade or the pick. I think you all need tp chill the **** out and realize this is a message board and not everyone is a homer thays going tp obediently agree with everything reese does or doesnt do.

No disrespect but im done talking bout this **** the pick is in. I.would of rathered fleener but whatever i hope he pans out well for us. Feel free to continue but you will be doing it by yourself

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 04:27 PM

this.

Honestly i wanted to avoid this but you guys acting like a bunch of ******* that just got insulted or something. Just cause some of us dont agree with the pick out right. i question how much you know since you bandwagoned onto martin when you claim you clearly knew wilson was better. Im not a bandwagon and im not gonna bandwagon onto wilson cause he was the pick, i think there was better value elsewhere and that what i'm STICKING to. I dont know rivers cause i havent been following the player in 2005 or 2006 whenever he was drafted. Reese has said time and time again he values his picks so when he traded itvwas uncharacteristic and i felt LB wasnt that great of a need to trade a pick for when there were other options in the draft, FA or undrafted FA especially when we had alot of LB's and didn't know whether goff or blackburn was coming back. Alot of other people questioned it, but thats what we did question we didnt out right say **** this team thay was a bad call on the trade or the pick. I think you all need tp chill the **** out and realize this is a message board and not everyone is a homer thays going tp obediently agree with everything reese does or doesnt do.

No disrespect but im done talking bout this **** the pick is in. I.would of rathered fleener but whatever i hope he pans out well for us. Feel free to continue but you will be doing it by yourself

BeatYale
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
This topic is foolish. Don't you know that the users on this forum know more about the team and football than the Giants staff?

....back to reality now.

I agree. It's annoying seeing so much negativity here considering the pick has already been made and that complaining about it won't magically bring aboard the player these dumb fans were wet for.

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Do you guys realize the red font in that? Jesus...

pino
04-27-2012, 05:10 PM
@Toad -- I don't think it's aimed at you dude.

miked1958
04-27-2012, 05:13 PM
In Resse I trust.

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Thanks... I'm just annoyed at all the people who are so butthurt that we didnt pick fleener... that seems to be where most of the hate comes from. I haven't finished my crow from the JPP pick yet, no need to risk having more dumped on my plate... In Reese We Trust.

jparmer
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Thanks... I'm just annoyed at all the people who are so butthurt that we didnt pick fleener... that seems to be where most of the hate comes from. I haven't finished my crow from the JPP pick yet, no need to risk having more dumped on my plate... In Reese We Trust.

I would've liked fleener myself. The point I was attempting to make is that regardless of how much we, as giants fans, have played football, studied football, lived football we are not nfl scouts or gm's. It is ridiculous for any of us to question a draft Pick or any other move. None of us are in the lockerroom, on the field or in the front office. We don't know the personel like they do. We may see what we suspect are holes in our roster but they know this team better than we do when it comes to who will fit and where. I get tired of listening to guys talk like they know what's best for the Giants because they played a little high school football and researched some college kids. Get over yourselves and trust our front office, 2 superbowl in 5 years isn't too bad.

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
any haters on Wilson need to watch the videos currently out with him!</P>

some may change their minds about him.</P>

this guy is gonna be a weapon for the G-Men!</P>

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
any haters on Wilson need to watch the videos currently out with him!</p>

some may change their minds about him.</p>

this guy is gonna be a weapon for the G-Men!</p>
no doubt man, he will revitalize our run game

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
any haters on Wilson need to watch the videos currently out with him!</p>

some may change their minds about him.</p>

this guy is gonna be a weapon for the G-Men!</p>

this. I was like "Okay reese you haven't steered us wrong before, so i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but this pick doesn't make any sense".

Then I saw his highlight reel.

Needless to say, this guy has the build and speed of Tiki, the emotional dedication of Jacobs, and the workmanship of Bradshaw. I approve.