hungrrrry
04-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Thought this might be an interesting thread....I'm saying Reggie Bush

ny06
04-27-2012, 11:19 AM
A faster Ahmad Bradshaw

qndarius3
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Draftcountdown.com had his comparison as Deangelo Williams. he is similar size and running style from looking at the highlights.

Go GMEN

thomsoad
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
A faster Ahmad Bradshaw

Thats about right. Lots of "experts" are comparing him to Cadillac Williams....hopefully just not in the injury department.

But when healthy Cadillac was a dam good RB.

mattpl908
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
bradshaw 2.0

titwio
04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Thought this might be an interesting thread....I'm saying Reggie Bush

Wilson is a lot more physical than Bush.

Not really sure who I can compare him too...Maybe a little bit of Thurman Thomas maybe?...Not sure. He has incredible balance, speed and power..I think it's rare. He takes shots and seems to bounce up like a rubber ball. It's pretty incredible.

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Darren Sproles

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
If he is anything like him then watch out

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Maybe the future tandom for us will be Wilson And Scott for years to come

nygpolishpunk
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
How about David Wilson. He could end up having his own style for all we know. I wouldn't be against that.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 11:54 AM
If you want a comparison coming out, I actually think Jamaal Charles is a fair comparison.

Charles a much more accomplished receiver, but similar running style.

As with most "speed" backs coming out (like chris johnson too) these guys try to bounce everything outside.

Its going to take some good coaching to get Wilson comfortable running where the play is designed to run. Thats the major hurdle with him, fixing the fumbling thing is far less of a problem.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:05 PM
When I compare him to anyone, I compare him to ray rice. He has an excellent skill set, similar to what ray had coming out of college, he hates to go down, and their 40times, height and weight are virtually identical.

rebelfan1966
04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I think we need to see him play in a NFL game first... lol

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Darren Sproles

Idiot. This guy is NOTHING like sproles. Lamichael James is like sproles.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
If you want a comparison coming out, I actually think Jamaal Charles is a fair comparison.

As with most "speed" backs coming out (like chris johnson too) these guys try to bounce everything outside.

Its going to take some good coaching to get Wilson comfortable running where the play is designed to run. Thats the major hurdle with him, fixing the fumbling thing is far less of a problem.

He is not like Jamal charles. Yes he has speed but his measurables, skill set, scouting report, and 40 time are almost identical to ray rice.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
He is not like Jamal charles. Yes he has speed but his measurables, skill set, scouting report, and 40 time are almost identical to ray rice.

Im just going by what I see on film. Dont care what their measurables or scouting reports say.

I dont see a running style anything like Rice.

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 12:16 PM

Its going to take some good coaching to get Wilson comfortable running where the play is designed to run. Thats the major hurdle with him, fixing the fumbling thing is far less of a problem.Its why I liked Gray so much. NFL style offense. U can see he easily translates.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:16 PM

Im just going by what I see on film. Dont care what their measurables or scouting reports say.

Big, strong, shifty, hard to take down...nahh that's nothing like Rice.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM

I wouldnt define him as big..

And you could say strong, shifty, hard to take down about every back in the league.

I get the idea you feel as though its a knock on him comparing him to Jamaal Charles. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice, though Charles unfortunately does have a lengthy injury history

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Its why I liked Gray so much. NFL style offense. U can see he easily translates.

Same. much easier for me to evaluate a back in a pro style offense than a guy who is lined up in shotgun in an option spread offense.

When I see Wilson lined up in a pro set, with the QB under center, I actually really like Wilson, but those plays arent exactly common

Firenugget
04-27-2012, 12:20 PM

208lbs is big?

FBomb
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Darren Sproles Idiot. This guy is NOTHING like sproles. Lamichael James is like sproles.</P>

"Idiot"? Really? </P>

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM

I wouldnt define him as big..

And you could say strong, shifty, hard to take down about every back in the league.

I get the idea you feel as though its a knock on him comparing him to Jamaal Charles. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice, though Charles unfortunately does have a lengthy injury history

Charles may have more of a skill set than rice, but hes not an in-between the tackles kind of guy like rice is and what Wilson WILL be. Hes 5'9, 208...with 4 more lbs, he will equal rice's weight...and coughlin has already stated he'd like him to put in a few more pounds of muscle. charles is under 200 lbs and almost 6 feet tall.

...and no you can't say hard to take down for every back in the league...not when you draft a guy that lead the NCAA in yards after initial contact...290 more yards than trent richardson i might add.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM

208lbs is big?

for a guy thats 5'9, if he puts on a few more pounds, he will be a big, thick, wrecking ball.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Darren Sproles Idiot. This guy is NOTHING like sproles. Lamichael James is like sproles.</P>

"Idiot"?* Really?* </P>

Yes, really. Comparing black to white.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Charles may have more of a skill set than rice, but hes not an in-between the tackles kind of guy like rice is

You havent seen Charles play for the Chiefs have you? He was probably the best inside runner in the league before he got hurt. He is a BETTER inside runner than Rice. Rice is a much more accomplished receiver.

charles is under 200 lbs and almost 6 feet tall.
Coming out Charles is an inch taller and 5 pounds lighter, would not define that as substantially different.

...and no you can't say hard to take down for every back in the league...not when you draft a guy that lead the NCAA in yards after initial contact...290 more yards than trent richardson i might add.

NFL > College guys develop in the NFL, nobody comes in as a finished product

FBomb
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM

"Idiot"? Really? </P>

Yes, really. Comparing black to white.</P>

Don't you think calling someone an idiot was a little over the top for this subject?</P>

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Its why I liked Gray so much. NFL style offense. U can see he easily translates.

Same. much easier for me to evaluate a back in a pro style offense than a guy who is lined up in shotgun in an option spread offense.

When I see Wilson lined up in a pro set, with the QB under center, I actually really like Wilson, but those plays arent exactly commonKiper had Lamichael James as his 2nd rated RB. He was impossible to grade.
I wonder what the Giants thought of Gray.He is similar size, not as explosive but similar vision,better in pass protection, better receiver in a more geared Pro Style Offense. By the looks of it they would of had to reach for him in the 2nd round to get him.
I knew the Giants if they wanted a top notch RB they werent going to be able to sit back and have the BPA fall right in there laps. They were going to have to reach a few picks to get him.
Im very aware of Wilson but Im going to break him down a lot more. I put 4 of the games i didnt cut on my Hard drive and im going to get to work when I have some time later tonight. Good news is I can cut up Logan Thomas as well for 2013

Redeyejedi

When I see Wilson lined up in a pro set, with the QB under center, I actually really like Wilson, but those plays arent exactly commonKiper had Lamichael James as his 2nd rated RB. He was impossible to grade.
I wonder what the Giants thought of Gray.He is similar size, not as explosive but similar vision,better in pass protection, better receiver in a more geared Pro Style Offense. By the looks of it they would of had to reach for him in the 2nd round to get him.
I knew the Giants if they wanted a top notch RB they werent going to be able to sit back and have the BPA fall right in there laps. They were going to have to reach a few picks to get him.
Im very aware of Wilson but Im going to break him down a lot more. I put 4 of the games i didnt cut on my Hard drive and im going to get to work when I have some time later tonight. Good news is I can cut up Logan Thomas as well for 2013

nycsportzfan
Hes identical to knowshon Moreno..

CGYgiant
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM

Knoshon Moreno is not nearly as physical, fast, balance, or explosiveness that Wilson has..

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Big, strong, shifty, hard to take down...nahh that's nothing like Rice. I wouldnt define him as big.. And you could say strong, shifty, hard to take down about every back in the league. I get the idea you feel as though its a knock on him comparing him to Jamaal Charles. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice, though Charles unfortunately does have a lengthy injury history Ray Rice is more durable, and quite honestly, hes flat out better, and u can give him the ball anywhere on teh field, and he gets into the endzone.. Obviously, hes every bit of a pass catcher that charles is, except he can stay in the game when there 1st and goal from the 2, and blocks like a champ.. Charles is a partime tandem back, that can't even stay healthy as a part time, tandem back... Charles had 20carries like 2times in 2010.. Hes certainly good, but i think its crazy to say hes a Ray Rice type quality back.. Now that the ravens took Rices training wheels off, hes litteraly good at everything.. There is no weakness in Ray Rices game, and no type of scenario where he needs to come off the field...

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:52 PM

Yea, I think 4-5 HBs may go in the 2nd round tonight, will be interesting.

Also interesting - footballoutsiders data gathering on HBs - http://footballoutsiders.com/varsity-numbers/2012/varsity-numbers-2011-adj-poe-and-draftability

And that speed score is based on the 4.49 he ran at the combine, not the mid 4.3 he ran at his proday. If they used say a 4.35 that gives him a speed score of roughly 115.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Charles may have more of a skill set than rice, but hes not an in-between the tackles kind of guy like rice is

You havent seen Charles play for the Chiefs have you? He was probably the best inside runner in the league before he got hurt. He is a BETTER inside runner than Rice. Rice is a much more accomplished receiver.

charles is under 200 lbs and almost 6 feet tall.
Coming out Charles is an inch taller and 5 pounds lighter, would not define that as substantially different.

NFL > College guys develop in the NFL, nobody comes in as a finished product

I've seen both play. Charles was more of the outside guy and caught passes in a spread offense or out of the backfield as a check down. Ray is a between the tackles kind of guy.

Jamal Charles is actually 2 inches taller, 10 lbs lighter, and slightly faster than wilson. In charles last full season, he had almost 60 less carries between the tackles and almost as many receptions as rice did yet he never played as many downs because of Thomas Jones and because if his thin stature. He doesn't get goal line carries either like Rice does and how Wilson will. Both are short and thick.

Basically, I'm saying Wilson is way more like Rice than Charles. Charles also isn't that great after initial contact because hes taller and easier to bring down.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Ray Rice is more durable, and quite honestly, hes flat out better, and u can give him the ball anywhere on teh field, and he gets into the endzone..** =

Completely disagree, Rice only bests Charles in durability and receiving.

Charles as a runner, is perhaps the best in the league.

dayeh33
04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
He actually reminds me of Lesean McCoy on the Eagles.. Both are 5'10" 205 and Wilson runs a 4.49 and McCoy ran a 4.5 coming out of college. Wilson has a very similar running style to McCoy too if you watch highlights. And both weren't rated the top backs in their draft class either.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 12:56 PM
I've seen both play. Charles was more of the outside guy and caught passes in a spread offense or out of the backfield as a check down. Ray is a between the tackles kind of guy.

Are you talking about college or NFL? In the NFL Charles is an inside runner who doesnt catch as many balls as Rice. I dont get how not getting as many carries is a knock on Charles, its not Charles deciding he doesnt want to play.

Jamal Charles is actually 2 inches taller, 10 lbs lighter, and slightly faster than wilson.

Charles is 5110, Wilson 5095. So inch and a half. Charles came out at 200 pounds, Wilson at 206.

If you think Charles was easy to bring down you must not have watched him.

crooza172
04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Ray Rice is more durable, and quite honestly, hes flat out better, and u can give him the ball anywhere on teh field, and he gets into the endzone..** =

Completely disagree, Rice only bests Charles in durability and receiving.

Charles as a runner, is perhaps the best in the league.

Charles is a Chris Johnson light. He is no Ray Rice by any means. Dude would never be able to handle the every down pounding Rice does and Wilson will.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too?

Brilliance in this thread.

I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument.

of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I've seen both play. Charles was more of the outside guy and caught passes in a spread offense or out of the backfield as a check down. Ray is a between the tackles kind of guy. Are you talking about college or NFL? In the NFL Charles is an inside runner who doesnt catch as many balls as Rice. I dont get how not getting as many carries is a knock on Charles, its not Charles deciding he doesnt want to play.
Jamal Charles is actually 2 inches taller, 10 lbs lighter, and slightly faster than wilson. Charles is 5110, Wilson 5095. So inch and a half. Charles came out at 200 pounds, Wilson at 206. If you think Charles was easy to bring down you must not have watched him. The dude cant stay healthy with his small amounts of carrries!!lolHes fragile as a twig for godsake!!lol Its certainly a positive trait that u are either durable or not.. Ray Rice is very durable, and can wear down a Defense, which Charles also can not do.. Charles is a tandem back, who yes, if u keep his carries in check, can beat u with speed, but by know means can a guy who isn't even a full time back and can't stay healthy, and has had like 1full good season, be compared to a guy whos been stout every yr in the league, and healthy to boot, and is a exceptional pass blocker.. U ever see the routes Ray Rice runs? holy crap! Dudes incredible!

crooza172
04-27-2012, 01:07 PM
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too?

Brilliance in this thread.

I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument.

of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol

No brilliance is comparing Wilson to Charles. They are completely different. And where did I dog Chris Johnson?

Rice is an everydown back...Charles is not. If Charles played in the North, he'd have trouble gaining yards too but he gets to play the raiders, chargers, and broncos twice a year. Your yardage argument has no relevance to how he's better than Rice....which he is not.

To end the argument...

Marc Ross said there's no current NFL running back to compare David Wilson to. "He's kind of unique. He's smaller in stature but has real thick thighs. He's real powerful for a little guy. His balance is incredible just the way he can stay on his feet, go out of position and still come out of it, but he still has speed. Nobody really comes to mind right away."

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:08 PM
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too? Brilliance in this thread. I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument. of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol RIce is way better.. He does more.. He helps your team in more ways then just running.. He blocks, he wears on a defense, not a defense looking forward to hitting ya, ya know? When Rice isnt running the ball well, because teams flat out try to shut him down because hes basically been there offense, then he'll make amazing catches outta the backfield, and alot ot times, there actually routes downfield.. How can u say Charles is better???lol

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
is a exceptional pass blocker..* U ever see the routes Ray Rice runs? holy crap!* Dudes incredible!

look, more reasons that Wilson is nothing like Rice!

Durability is more of a concern with Charles than Wilson, Im not denying that. But running style Rice and Wilson are very very different

crooza172
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too? Brilliance in this thread. I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument. of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol* RIce is way better..** He does more.. He helps your team in more ways then just running..* He blocks, he wears on a defense, not a defense looking forward to hitting ya, ya know?* When Rice isnt* running the ball well, because teams flat out try to shut him down because hes basically been there offense, then he'll make amazing catches outta the backfield, and alot ot times, there actually routes downfield..** How can u say Charles is better???lol

Because this slipknottin dude is stubborn and thinks his opinion is end all be all regardless of cold hard facts that Rice dominates Charles in every aspect other than speed.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
* How can u say Charles is better???lol

As a runner! My god you are having such trouble following this. I never said Charles was a better player.

Rice does things like pass block and catch exceptionally well. Wilson does not.

Charles running style is very similar to Wilson.

Therefore, I think Charles is a much better comparison to Wilson.

Where are you getting lost here?

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Because this slipknottin dude is stubborn and thinks his opinion is end all be all regardless of cold hard facts that Rice dominates Charles in every aspect other than speed.

Says the guy who is completely convinced that Wilson is just like Ray Rice, based entirely off measurements and scouting reports... Lol

As a pure runner Charles is superior to Rice. Rice is more versatile, no doubt about that.

FBomb
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too? Brilliance in this thread. I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument. of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol RIce is way better.. He does more.. He helps your team in more ways then just running.. He blocks, he wears on a defense, not a defense looking forward to hitting ya, ya know? When Rice isnt running the ball well, because teams flat out try to shut him down because hes basically been there offense, then he'll make amazing catches outta the backfield, and alot ot times, there actually routes downfield.. How can u say Charles is better???lol Because this slipknottin dude is stubborn and thinks his opinion is end all be all regardless of cold hard facts that Rice dominates Charles in every aspect other than speed.</P>

lol.......I have always loved that arguement......"This poster doesn't agree with MY opinion so he must think he knows everything!!"</P>

What's even funnier is the subject of the threadthat is causing such animosity between fans of the same team.</P>

**note to self**.....crooza tends to over react when challanged. Could be a good one to agitate.[:)]</P>

CGYgiant
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too? Brilliance in this thread. I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument. of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol RIce is way better.. He does more.. He helps your team in more ways then just running.. He blocks, he wears on a defense, not a defense looking forward to hitting ya, ya know? When Rice isnt running the ball well, because teams flat out try to shut him down because hes basically been there offense, then he'll make amazing catches outta the backfield, and alot ot times, there actually routes downfield.. How can u say Charles is better???lol

<table id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3657" class="data-table1" summary="Career Stats For Jamaal Charles" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="KCcolors player-table-header"></tr></tbody><thead><tr class="KCcolors player-table-header"><td colspan="16">
<span style="float:left">Career Stats</span>
more (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamaalcharles/careerstats?id=CHA561428)
</td>
</tr>

<tr class="player-table-key two-row-top">
<td class="first-td">Season</td>
<td>Team</td>
<td colspan="2">
</td>

<td class="" colspan="5">Rushing</td>

<td class="" colspan="5">Receiving</td>

<td class="last-td" colspan="2">Fumbles</td>

</tr>
<tr class="player-table-key two-row-bot">
<td colspan="2" class="first-td">
</td>

<td>G</td>
<td>GS</td>

<td class="">Att</td>

<td class="">Yds</td>

<td class="">Avg</td>

<td class="">Lng</td>

<td class="">TD</td>

<td class="">Rec</td>

<td class="">Yds</td>

<td class="">Avg</td>

<td class="">Lng</td>

<td class="">TD</td>

<td class="">FUM</td>

<td class="last-td">Lost</td>

</tr>

</thead>

<tbody id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3656"><tr>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

</tr>
<tr><td colspan="16" class="border-td">
</td></tr>

<tr id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3655">

<td>2010</td>

<td>

Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC)

</td>

<td>16</td>
<td>

</td>

<td>230</td>

<td>1,467</td>

<td>6.4</td>

<td>80</td>

<td>5</td>

<td>45</td>

<td>468</td>

<td>10.4</td>

<td>31</td>

<td>3</td>

<td>3</td>

<td id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3654">2</td>

</tr>
</td></tr>

<tr>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

</tr>
</td></tr>

<tr>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Probably one of the greatest seasons for a RB ever, better then anyone one of Rice's seasons. 6.4 yards a carry in the NFL is ridiculous, Rice has only had more then 5 yards a carry in one season. Also, his 468 yards receiving isn't too bad is it?

When healthy, give me Charles all day any day.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Knoshon Moreno is not nearly as physical, fast, balance, or explosiveness that Wilson has..
ya he is.. He was every bit the prospect that Wilson is this yr, when he came out, if not better.. He caught the ball better, and had just as many plays displaying exceptional balance that WIlson did, again, if not more... Hes identical to Wilson... (in my opinon.)

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM

<TABLE class=data-table1 id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3657 width="100%" summary="Career Stats For Jamaal Charles">
<TBODY>
<TR class="KCcolors player-table-header"></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TR class="KCcolors player-table-header">
<TD colSpan=16><SPAN style="FLOAT: left">Career Stats</SPAN> more (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamaalcharles/careerstats?id=CHA561428) </TD></TR>
<TR class="player-table-key two-row-top">
<TD class=first-td>Season</TD>
<TD>Team</TD>
<TD colSpan=2>
</TD>
<TD class="" colSpan=5>Rushing</TD>
<TD class="" colSpan=5>Receiving</TD>
<TD class=last-td colSpan=2>Fumbles</TD></TR>
<TR class="player-table-key two-row-bot">
<TD class=first-td colSpan=2>
</TD>
<TD>G</TD>
<TD>GS</TD>
<TD class="">Att</TD>
<TD class="">Yds</TD>
<TD class="">Avg</TD>
<TD class="">Lng</TD>
<TD class="">TD</TD>
<TD class="">Rec</TD>
<TD class="">Yds</TD>
<TD class="">Avg</TD>
<TD class="">Lng</TD>
<TD class="">TD</TD>
<TD class="">FUM</TD>
<TD class=last-td>Lost</TD></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3656>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class=border-td colSpan=16>
</TD></TR>
<TR id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3655>
<TD>2010</TD>
<TD>Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC) </TD>
<TD>16</TD>
<TD>6 </TD>
<TD>230</TD>
<TD>1,467</TD>
<TD>6.4</TD>
<TD>80</TD>
<TD>5</TD>
<TD>45</TD>
<TD>468</TD>
<TD>10.4</TD>
<TD>31</TD>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3654>2</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Probably one of the greatest seasons for a RB ever, better then anyone one of Rice's seasons. 6.4 yards a carry in the NFL is ridiculous, Rice has only had more then 5 yards a carry in one season. Also, his 468 yards receiving isn't too bad is it?

Did u really post "a single season"....LMAO! uhh, lets see mr.glass stay healthy and actually play more then a season and stay on the field when your basically the only focal point of a defenses attention.. Again, he does have more speed, but that does not by any stretch of the wildest imagination make him a better player.. There isn't one GM, Player, Coach, ex-player, Cheerleader, Mini Mart Worker, Garbage Man, Post office worker, that would even consider thinking Jamal Charles as a better player then Ray Rice.. Not even a discussion..

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:22 PM
ya he is.. He was every bit the prospect that Wilson is this yr, when he came out, if not better..* He caught the ball better, and had just as many plays displaying exceptional balance that WIlson did, again, if not more...* Hes identical to Wilson... (in my opinon.)

Very different types of runners. Moreno had better vision, hit the hole harder and was more naturally lateral runner.

Wilson more vertical runner, does not have the vision, or pass receiving ability.

MattMeyerBud
So now we are knocking Chris Johnson too? Brilliance in this thread. I was talking about running style, Wilson is far far more similar to Charles than to Rice. Durability is a completely separate argument. of course one questions why Charles needs to play everydown anyway when he ran for 1500 yards... Rice had 100 more carries and less yards than that. But sure, Rice is way better, lol RIce is way better.. He does more.. He helps your team in more ways then just running.. He blocks, he wears on a defense, not a defense looking forward to hitting ya, ya know? When Rice isnt running the ball well, because teams flat out try to shut him down because hes basically been there offense, then he'll make amazing catches outta the backfield, and alot ot times, there actually routes downfield.. How can u say Charles is better???lol Because this slipknottin dude is stubborn and thinks his opinion is end all be all regardless of cold hard facts that Rice dominates Charles in every aspect other than speed.</P>

lol.......I have always loved that arguement......"This poster doesn't agree with MY opinion so he must think he knows everything!!"</P>

What's even funnier is the subject of the threadthat is causing such animosity between fans of the same team.</P>

**note to self**.....crooza tends to over react when challanged. Could be a good one to agitate.[:)]</P>

</P>

</P>

i only got 10 minutes left at lunch, go for the throats</P>

crooza172
**note to self**.....crooza tends to over react when challanged.* Could be a good one to agitate.[:)]</P>

I read these boards and don't post often but you are one to talk about overreacting....to everything.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
uhh, lets see mr.glass stay healthy and actually play more then a season and stay on the field when your basically the only focal point of a defenses attention..**

Now this is funny, because KC is such an offensive power house, lol.

maybe all the defenses that played the chiefs spent all their time preparing to stop thomas jones... yea thats it.

FBomb
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM

I read these boards and don't post often but you are one to talk about overreacting....to everything.</P>

Making fun of posters is NOT "overreacting". Sorry if my former posts confuse you.....but not surprised.</P>

crooza172
ya he is.. He was every bit the prospect that Wilson is this yr, when he came out, if not better..* He caught the ball better, and had just as many plays displaying exceptional balance that WIlson did, again, if not more...* Hes identical to Wilson... (in my opinon.)

Very different types of runners. Moreno had better vision, hit the hole harder and was more naturally lateral runner.

Wilson more vertical runner, does not have the vision, or pass receiving ability.

Marc Ross said there's no current NFL running back to compare David Wilson to. "He's kind of unique. He's smaller in stature but has real thick thighs. He's real powerful for a little guy. His balance is incredible just the way he can stay on his feet, go out of position and still come out of it, but he still has speed. Nobody really comes to mind right away."

We are ALL wrong. I take the opinion of the guy that gets paid to do this over anyone on this board.

END OF DISCUSSION.

nycsportzfan
ya he is.. He was every bit the prospect that Wilson is this yr, when he came out, if not better.. He caught the ball better, and had just as many plays displaying exceptional balance that WIlson did, again, if not more... Hes identical to Wilson... (in my opinon.) Very different types of runners. Moreno had better vision, hit the hole harder and was more naturally lateral runner. Wilson more vertical runner, does not have the vision, or pass receiving ability. I dissagree.. Almost every Va TEch game i watched, Wilson's best plays were almost all running laterally.. I think there almost eerily similar as prospects...

crooza172
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
**note to self**.....crooza tends to over react when challanged.* Could be a good one to agitate.[:)]</P>

I read these boards and don't post often but you are one to talk about overreacting....to everything.</P>

Making fun of posters is NOT "overreacting".* Sorry if my former posts confuse you.....but not surprised.</P>

Not talking about your post...talking about your reaction to pretty much everything related to the giants.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
We are ALL wrong. I take the opinion of the guy that gets paid to do this over anyone on this board.

END OF DISCUSSION.

So go away then and let us talk.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
How can u say Charles is better???lol As a runner! My god you are having such trouble following this. I never said Charles was a better player. Rice does things like pass block and catch exceptionally well. Wilson does not. Charles running style is very similar to Wilson. Therefore, I think Charles is a much better comparison to Wilson. Where are you getting lost here? By the way, where are u getting lost.. </P>

</P>

Your Words from this thread=. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice,</P>

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I dissagree..** Almost every Va TEch game i watched,* Wilson's best plays were almost all running laterally..* I think there almost eerily similar as prospects...

I dont mean which guy spends more time running laterally. I mean which guy moves better laterally.

Wilson spends a lot of time hesitating and not hitting holes in the line, and then tries to bounce everything outside.

Moreno on the other hand generally was a quick lateral move using his vision, then got vertical. He was not a guy who tried to bounce plays outside over and over like Wilson.

Lateral runner doesnt mean east west runner I conider McCoy a very lateral runner, but he runs north south every play, by using his lateral ability to find space.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
*Your Words from this thread=. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice,</P>

as a runner...

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
We are ALL wrong. I take the opinion of the guy that gets paid to do this over anyone on this board. END OF DISCUSSION. So go away then and let us talk. lol

CGYgiant
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM

ya he is.. He was every bit the prospect that Wilson is this yr, when he came out, if not better.. He caught the ball better, and had just as many plays displaying exceptional balance that WIlson did, again, if not more... Hes identical to Wilson... (in my opinon.)

So he is better cause he caught the ball better? isn't a running backs primary job to run the ball? Wilson is/was a much better running back, Wilson was a much better runner in college and not many would doubt that. His senior season was way better then any season Moreno had.

Also you neglected the fact that Wilson is more physical, hes faster, and much more explosive, so how are they the same player again?

While Wilson started only one year, that one year is much better then
any year and Moreno had. Not to mention he averages a better yards/carry
and the receiving isn't all that different <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td>

</td><td>

</td><td class="textright">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="mainstatstable" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="header"><td>
</td><td colspan="4" align="center">
</td><td>
</td><td colspan="4" align="center">
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="statsdatatype"><td height="18">
</td><td align="right" height="18" width="35">
</td><td align="right" height="18" width="6">
</td><td align="right" height="18" width="40">
</td><td align="right" height="18" width="25">
</td><td align="right" height="18" width="6">
</td></tr><tr class="statsdata"><td height="18">
</td><td align="right" height="18">
</td><td height="18">
</td><td height="18">
</td><td height="18">
</td><td height="18">
</td><td height="18">
</td><td height="18">

<div class="mod-article-title player-stats"><h2>
</h2></div><div class="mod-container mod-table mod-player-stats"><div class="mod-content"><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" height="1" width="4">
<tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="7">
</td></tr>
<tr class="colhead"><td width="8%">
</td><td width="8%">
</td>
<td class="textright" title="Rushing attempts">
</td>
<td class="textright" title="Total rushing yards">
</td>
<td class="textright" title="Average yards per carry">
</td>
<td class="textright" title="Longest run">
</td>
<td class="textright" title="Rushing touchdowns">
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="oddrow"><td>
</td><td>
</td>
<td class="textright">
</td>
<td class="textright">
</td>
<td class="textright">
</td>
<td class="textright">
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="evenrow"><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table></div></div>
<table class="sortable stats_table" id="rushing"><tbody><tr class=" over_header"></tr></tbody><thead><tr class=" over_header">
<th colspan="4" class="bold_text over_header" align="center">
</th>
</th>
</th>
</tr>
<tr class="">
<th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="right">
</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">
</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">
</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">
</th><th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">
</th><th class="tooltip" align="right">
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr data-row="0" class=""><td align="right">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr data-row="1" class=""><td align="right">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr data-row="2" class=""><td align="right">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td align="left">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">

crooza172
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
* How can u say Charles is better???lol As a runner! My god you are having such trouble following this. I never said Charles was a better player. Rice does things like pass block and catch exceptionally well. Wilson does not. Charles running style is very similar to Wilson. Therefore, I think Charles is a much better comparison to Wilson. Where are you getting lost here?*** By the way, where are u getting lost.. </P>

*</P>

*Your Words from this thread=. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice,</P>

BOOM.

FBomb
04-27-2012, 01:33 PM

Making fun of posters is NOT "overreacting". Sorry if my former posts confuse you.....but not surprised.</P>

Not talking about your post...talking about your reaction to pretty much everything related to the giants.</P>

lol</P>

First of all...If you are not talking about my former posts, where exactly am I "overreacting"? Did I send you an email? Call you on the phone?.....lol.. I think my posts continue to confuse you.[:)]</P>

Anyway....my ONE over reaction I had this season was my calling for TC to be fired after losing 4 straight games........your over reaction comes during a RB comparison thread. Big difference.......</P>

Everything else is just you not getting that I'm poking fun at people. </P>

CGYgiant
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM

<table class="data-table1" id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3657" summary="Career Stats For Jamaal Charles" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr class="KCcolors player-table-header"></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<tr class="KCcolors player-table-header">
<td colspan="16"><span style="FLOAT: left">Career Stats</span> more (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamaalcharles/careerstats?id=CHA561428) </td></tr>
<tr class="player-table-key two-row-top">
<td class="first-td">Season</td>
<td>Team</td>
<td colspan="2">
</td>
<td class="" colspan="5">Rushing</td>
<td class="" colspan="5">Receiving</td>
<td class="last-td" colspan="2">Fumbles</td></tr>
<tr class="player-table-key two-row-bot">
<td class="first-td" colspan="2">
</td>
<td>G</td>
<td>GS</td>
<td class="">Att</td>
<td class="">Yds</td>
<td class="">Avg</td>
<td class="">Lng</td>
<td class="">TD</td>
<td class="">Rec</td>
<td class="">Yds</td>
<td class="">Avg</td>
<td class="">Lng</td>
<td class="">TD</td>
<td class="">FUM</td>
<td class="last-td">Lost</td></tr></thead>
<tbody id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3656">
<tr>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td class="border-td" colspan="16">
</td></tr>
<tr id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3655">
<td>2010</td>
<td>Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC) </td>
<td>16</td>
<td>6 </td>
<td>230</td>
<td>1,467</td>
<td>6.4</td>
<td>80</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>45</td>
<td>468</td>
<td>10.4</td>
<td>31</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3</td>
<td id="yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3654">2</td></tr>
<tr>
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
<tr>
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Probably one of the greatest seasons for a RB ever, better then anyone one of Rice's seasons. 6.4 yards a carry in the NFL is ridiculous, Rice has only had more then 5 yards a carry in one season. Also, his 468 yards receiving isn't too bad is it?

Did u really post "a single season"....LMAO! uhh, lets see mr.glass stay healthy and actually play more then a season and stay on the field when your basically the only focal point of a defenses attention.. Again, he does have more speed, but that does not by any stretch of the wildest imagination make him a better player.. There isn't one GM, Player, Coach, ex-player, Cheerleader, Mini Mart Worker, Garbage Man, Post office worker, that would even consider thinking Jamal Charles as a better player then Ray Rice.. Not even a discussion..

oh ok, you're right. We should disregard the one season that Charles was healthy to support your claim on Rice. The guy gets production on a cheer number of carries, he doesn't have the game breaking ability that Charles has.

Let me guess, you're more of an Emmit Smith guy opposed to Barry Sanders?

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Your Words from this thread=. I would argue Charles is much better player than Rice,

</P>

as a runner... now, its clairified..lol Either way, i don't think u take 1dimensonal players in RD 1... Thats my opinon anyhow, at least when talkign RB's.. If i'm taking a RB in RD 1, it's gotta be a ALL AROUND RB, who can stay on the field in all situations, block, has the look of a durable back(sometimes guys still get hurt even when there stout), and can be the focal point of a teams defense.. I don't see all that with Wilson, all though i say this, while still being excited about his potential.. Don't get me wrong about that.. I'm obviously a big fan, and realize there are things to like about this kid.. I just didn't care for the value, based mostly on his not being a full time player... I also don't like his tendency to lose massive chunks of yardage when its clear as day the play is flat out dead... But he does have some traits that u like..</P>

Another back he reminds me of is Shane Vereen from Cal, who was Pats 2nd rd pick last yr.. </P>

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
looking at those vids of Wilson i immediately thought of a smaller version of Fred Jackson!</P>

i mean the way Wilson breaks tackles resuslting in big plays i saw a lot of Jackson there!</P>

actually anyone hes being compared to is a + for the G-Men!</P>

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't see all that with Wilson

I dont either, not much experience as a pass receiver, very raw pass blocking, he has fumble issues, and he really has to learn to press the hole and get vertical as quickly as he can, bouncing plays outside wont work very often in the NFL.

But he does have upside, and all of that should be coachable. Plenty of other HBs have come in with similar issues and had them all corrected.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM

<TABLE class=data-table1 id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3657 width="100%" summary="Career Stats For Jamaal Charles">
<TBODY>
<TR class="KCcolors player-table-header"></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TR class="KCcolors player-table-header">
<TD colSpan=16><SPAN style="FLOAT: left">Career Stats</SPAN> more (http://www.nfl.com/players/jamaalcharles/careerstats?id=CHA561428) </TD></TR>
<TR class="player-table-key two-row-top">
<TD class=first-td>Season</TD>
<TD>Team</TD>
<TD colSpan=2>
</TD>
<TD class="" colSpan=5>Rushing</TD>
<TD class="" colSpan=5>Receiving</TD>
<TD class=last-td colSpan=2>Fumbles</TD></TR>
<TR class="player-table-key two-row-bot">
<TD class=first-td colSpan=2>
</TD>
<TD>G</TD>
<TD>GS</TD>
<TD class="">Att</TD>
<TD class="">Yds</TD>
<TD class="">Avg</TD>
<TD class="">Lng</TD>
<TD class="">TD</TD>
<TD class="">Rec</TD>
<TD class="">Yds</TD>
<TD class="">Avg</TD>
<TD class="">Lng</TD>
<TD class="">TD</TD>
<TD class="">FUM</TD>
<TD class=last-td>Lost</TD></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3656>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3655>
<TD>2010</TD>
<TD>Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC) </TD>
<TD>16</TD>
<TD>6 </TD>
<TD>230</TD>
<TD>1,467</TD>
<TD>6.4</TD>
<TD>80</TD>
<TD>5</TD>
<TD>45</TD>
<TD>468</TD>
<TD>10.4</TD>
<TD>31</TD>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD id=yui_3_4_1_2_1335543041029_3654>2</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Probably one of the greatest seasons for a RB ever, better then anyone one of Rice's seasons. 6.4 yards a carry in the NFL is ridiculous, Rice has only had more then 5 yards a carry in one season. Also, his 468 yards receiving isn't too bad is it?

oh ok, you're right. We should disregard the one season that Charles was healthy to support your claim on Rice. The guy gets production on a cheer number of carries, he doesn't have the game breaking ability that Charles has.

Let me guess, you're more of an Emmit Smith guy opposed to Barry Sanders?
nah, what we should do is put Charles up to every runner whos been exceling for multiple seasons or more.. The guy can't even stay healthy, and has had 1 really good yr.. 1!!!! Ray Rice has a Entire defense game planning for him week in and week out! They litteraly spend the week figuring ways to shut him down! Ever watch a Ravens game?? The best part is, they usually can't shut him down, and he always comes through at some point.. But you try running when u got stacked box and a Defense that pretty much knows your the guy that can beat them, and no one else really can.. They don't have Dwayne Bowe on the outside.. They got a old Anquan Boldin whos not nearly the player he was when he had Fitzgerald taking the attention of the defense.. Again, u find one Gm, or anyone in the football world that thinks Jamal Charles is a better player then Rice, and i'll give u a 100bucks...lol

NJ10
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
They just asked Wilson this on 660Wfan. He said a combo of Arian Foster and Ray Rice. Thats a pretty good combo

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I don't see all that with Wilson I dont either, not much experience as a pass receiver, very raw pass blocking, he has fumble issues, and he really has to learn to press the hole and get vertical as quickly as he can, bouncing plays outside wont work very often in the NFL. But he does have upside, and all of that should be coachable. Plenty of other HBs have come in with similar issues and had them all corrected. Nah, i here ya.. I mean, i'm certainly intrigued by the kid.. Hes got some attributes that get u excited, but man, but as u mention, quite a few qustion marks.. I firmly don't believe that Doug Martin was teh guy the giants would of taken , regardless of what anyone else thinks.. I'll go to the grave thinking that..lol </P>

</P>

crooza172
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
They just asked Wilson this on 660Wfan. He said a combo of Arian Foster and Ray Rice. Thats a pretty good combo

LOL....how convenient.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Does he realize his game really dosen't match up to either of them? He could of at least said Shady McCoy or Knowshon Moreno..lol

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
By the way guys, i haven't gone to sleep after working all night, so don't mind my grammer..lol Its worse then usual..lol

crooza172
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Does he realize his game really dosen't match up to either of them? He could of at least said Shady McCoy or Knowshon Moreno..lol

I like the McCoy comparison as well but keep in mind, Rice and Foster both polished their craft in the NFL...Rice was a 2nd rounder and Foster wasn't even drafted. Comparing the college careers is more fair.

BallinNY
04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Chris Johnson

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Does he realize his game really dosen't match up to either of them? He could of at least said Shady McCoy or Knowshon Moreno..lol I like the McCoy comparison as well but keep in mind, Rice and Foster both polished their craft in the NFL...Rice was a 2nd rounder and Foster wasn't even drafted. Comparing the college careers is more fair. Ya, but as backs, when talking about what they do and there builds and basically styles, there diffrent.. Wilson is a slasher

BlueSanta
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
The 1 misnomer I would like to dispell about this kid is that he doesnt run north south and likes to try to get the edge. It is true in a lot of his highlights you see him going outside, but that is what VTs offense does. If you watch, he is following his blockers to the outside. If the play is designed to go outside, and that is where the pulling blockers are going, then that is where you go.

He had a lot of success running up the middle too. It is just the VT offense doesnt do that as much as they have in the past.

Take a guy like Reggie Bush, who coming out of college really did have a problem running wide too much. He went for the edge as soon as the design of the play broke down. If the play was designed for off guard, and it wasnt there immediately, he would try to get outside. BJ also had this problem for much of the regular season last year. This is not what Wilson does, he went where the play was designed to go according to the VT offense, which I admit is a difficult offense to watch.

hungrrrry
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I like the comparisons! I don't know what that long drawn out ***** session was about with Charles/Rice, but this is a matter of opinion really...that is how I meant it. The stats can show you all kinds of things and who cares? Watching his games and highlight reels, what player, past or present, does he remind you of? I guess I needed to be more clear.

The consensus suggests Rice or McKoy = who hates that? NOT ME!

Runner-ups: Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Knosean Marino= Do I hate this? **** no!!!

Honorable mentions: Thurmon Thomas, Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, D'Angello Williams= Who wouldn't want these guys???

The big thing here is...We have a guy who, like all of these top talents in the NFL, has a couple things to work on, which are very fixable. If he compares to the above players then I am happy he is on this team! Who wouldn't be?

Oh, and if there are other opinions out there, post 'em

myles2424
04-27-2012, 02:07 PM
bradshaw 2.0 this statement leads me to believe you've never watched David Wilson, they're absolutely nothing alike....

hungrrrry
04-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Does he realize his game really dosen't match up to either of them? He could of at least said Shady McCoy or Knowshon Moreno..lol I like the McCoy comparison as well but keep in mind, Rice and Foster both polished their craft in the NFL...Rice was a 2nd rounder and Foster wasn't even drafted. Comparing the college careers is more fair. Ya, but as backs, when talking about what they do and there builds and basically styles, there diffrent.. Wilson is a slasherI would also describe McKoy as a slasher

slipknottin
The 1 misnomer I would like to dispell about this kid is that he doesnt run north south and likes to try to get the edge. It is true in a lot of his highlights you see him going outside, but that is what VTs offense does. If you watch, he is following his blockers to the outside. If the play is designed to go outside, and that is where the pulling blockers are going, then that is where you go.

He had a lot of success running up the middle too. It is just the VT offense doesnt do that as much as they have in the past.

Yea, VT HBs are annoying as heck to scout. I still think on a lot of plays he had a chance to go inside but bounced it outside, but I dont fault college HBs from doing that when they are fast enough to consistently get outside. Its just a matter of how well he transitions to the NFL, with patience and runs where hes supposed to run. Bouncing stuff in the NFL is far less successful than in college

ny06
bradshaw 2.0 this statement leads me to believe you've never watched David Wilson, they're absolutely nothing alike....</P>

Well care to explain how they are different? </P>

From the clips of David Wilson he runs very low to the ground and is very hard to tackle for his small size. Other then speed they are very similar players. </P>

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Ya, but as backs, when talking about what they do and there builds and basically styles, there diffrent.. Wilson is a slasher

I dont think he is a slasher at all, honestly. He bounces a lot outside because he is faster than everyone else, but slashers typically are guys that are either zone runners or jump cut guys. Wilson is not either.

XxBigWhitxX
04-27-2012, 02:11 PM
He reminds more more of a young Ladanian Tomilson. Has about the same speed, stature, and balance. He's not as good a receiver an doesn't have the same stature but otherwise they are very similar.

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Ya, but as backs, when talking about what they do and there builds and basically styles, there diffrent.. Wilson is a slasher I dont think he is a slasher at all, honestly. He bounces a lot outside because he is faster than everyone else, but slashers typically are guys that are either zone runners or jump cut guys. Wilson is not either. i again, respectfully dissagree.. Hes got some strength for his size(really, what rb dont?), but hes a cut back on the move, get to the edge, slasher.. I don't see a in between the tackles runner at all.. I see a change of pace/tandem back, who is more of a HR hitter/slasher type...

nycsportzfan
04-27-2012, 02:16 PM

Take a guy like Reggie Bush, who coming out of college really did have a problem running wide too much. He went for the edge as soon as the design of the play broke down. If the play was designed for off guard, and it wasnt there immediately, he would try to get outside. BJ also had this problem for much of the regular season last year. This is not what Wilson does, he went where the play was designed to go according to the VT offense, which I admit is a difficult offense to watch.
Theres no denying every back runs in between the tackles a bit, even Lamichael James had quite a few in between the tackle runs, but his game dosen't translate to the inside as much as it does to the outside.. Do u see Shane Vereen in David Wilson? Thats who he reminds me of...

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't see a in between the tackles runner at all..

Well in the NFL the only way a back is successful is between the tackles. There is no such thing as an outside runner in the NFL.

I think he bounces so often in college because he can get to the edge, that needs to change in the NFL. And you get some glimpes of that from his college tape, there are times he presses and hits the hole inside, and times when he takes the 2 or 3 yard gain instead of trying to get outside.

myles2424
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
bradshaw 2.0 this statement leads me to believe you've never watched David Wilson, they're absolutely nothing alike....</P>

From the clips of David Wilson he runs very low to the ground and is very hard to tackle for his small size. Other then speed they are very similar players. </P>
Bradshaw makes a living off being a tuff SOB that carrys defenders like he's 30lbs heavier than he is.....Bradshaw runs harder than BJ.....speed is not apart of his game, it's stricly playing tuff & not going down easy, infact it's his lack of speed & injuries that keep him from being one of the best in the league IMO...
David Wilson is a home run threat at any moment wih his excellent speed & change of direction, slippery, yet still runs with power.......Wilson isn't getting caught from behind like bradshaw

ny06
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Bradshaw makes a living off being a tuff SOB that carrys defenders like he's 30lbs heavier than he is.....Bradshaw runs harder than BJ.....speed is not apart of his game, it's stricly playing tuff &amp; not going down easy, infact it's his lack of speed &amp; injuries that keep him from being one of the best in the league IMO... David Wilson is a home run threat at any moment wih his excellent speed &amp; change of direction, slippery, yet still runs with power.......Wilson isn't getting caught from behind like bradshaw</P>

Well I like the fact that Wilson does not shy away from defenders. And that he keeps his legs moving till the whistle is blown. Something Bradshaw does very well. </P>

I feel Wilson can be a great compliment to Bradshaw, of course it all hinges on how the big guys up front do. </P>

JMFP2
04-27-2012, 02:36 PM
He reminds more more of a young Ladanian Tomilson. Has about the same speed, stature, and balance. He's not as good a receiver an doesn't have the same stature but otherwise they are very similar.</P>

I was thinking Maurice Jones-Drew, or Ray Rice, mainly in terms of physical similarities....he's the same height/weight as both.</P>

Tomlinson is heavier (220), and just a little taller. If Wilson is anyone near Tomlinson in terms of ability, I'll cream my pants.</P>

XxBigWhitxX
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
He reminds more more of a young Ladanian Tomilson. Has about the same speed, stature, and balance. He's not as good a receiver an doesn't have the same jump cut ability but otherwise they are very similar.</P>

I was thinking Maurice Jones-Drew, or Ray Rice, mainly in terms of physical similarities....he's the same height/weight as both.</P>

Tomlinson is heavier (220), and just a little taller.** If Wilson is anyone near Tomlinson in terms of ability, I'll cream my pants.</P>I think he'll be a great back. originally I HATED the pick, but after some time to sleep on it I have grown to like it.

GMenNY21
04-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Part Bradshaw, part LeSean McCoy