PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys win round one......

FBomb
04-27-2012, 11:28 AM
BSPN slobbering all over their move...........Guess we should just write this year off.</P>

REESE YOU STOOPID IMGRATE!!!</P>

qndarius3
04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
To be fair, they did get a top 3 talent at 6, and its at a position of incredible need for them.

Dont fret though, Tony Romo will choke as per usual.

JMFP2
04-27-2012, 11:30 AM
BSPN slobbering all over their move...........Guess we should just write this year off.</P>

</P>

In fairness, it was nice pickup, but at that spot, even Jerry Jones couldn't **** the dog on that one.</P>

Writing was on the wall about the Cowboys direction when they released Terence Newman.</P>

nygpolishpunk
04-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Hard to disagree. Give up only their 2nd round pick to move that many spots up and get the best CB in the draft? They're drafting to match up better vs Eli, can't blame em for it.

manning to shockey
04-27-2012, 11:31 AM
I thought it was a good pickup for them but there is a reason they were able to pick in the top 10 and we were picking at 32.

titwio
04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
The Cowboys got a steal. Hate to say it but moving up to snag a top 5 talent for nothing but a 2nd is pretty impressive.

If I was St.Louis I would have definitely been looking for a lot more in that trade... and rightfully so.

FBomb
"The Cowboys just got A LOT better"......was the quote used.

egyptian420
Watching Bayless right now, they spent the first 20 mins analyzing the Cowboys and Pats' picks....why am I not surprised at all?

Why would I even be more surprised if they mention us? Lol I like it this way though....helps us stay focused

FBomb
04-27-2012, 11:34 AM
The second coming of Dion.[:|]

nygpolishpunk
04-27-2012, 11:35 AM
The second coming of Dion.[:|]Kid's gotta learn to tackle first for that statement to be valid

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
The second coming of Dion.[:|]Kid's gotta learn to tackle first for that statement to be valid

Eh? Second coming of Dion he should never attempt to make a tackle

bansaw
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
kids line will look like this opening night

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds.jpg

titwio
04-27-2012, 11:40 AM

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds.jpg

I'm hearing the Boys are looking to shop Jenkins.

buddy33
Peterson is pretty good too and Eli was not scared of him.

NYSPORTS
and they come in last in the 2nd round before the round begins.

Sundown
I think it was a dumb move. They have no depth in the lb, Dline and safety spot; they need another TE and 3rd receiver. Giving up a 2rd round pick is huge when there's good cbs in the 2nd round. Typical flashy dallas move.

giantcarll
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Didnt they also give up their 1st round pick next year also?

B&RWarrior
04-27-2012, 11:43 AM
</P>

Yeah b/c Dion was one of the best tacklers ever- NOT!</P>

titwio
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Didnt they also give up their 1st round pick next year also?

Nope. ..They gave up their 1st this year and their 2nd.

RonJon
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Gotta admit their secondary is 100% improved with Brandon Carr and now this kid on the other side.

Flip Empty
04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I think it was a dumb move. They have no depth in the lb, Dline and safety spot; they need another TE and 3rd receiver. Giving up a 2rd round pick is huge when there's good cbs in the 2nd round. Typical flashy dallas move.
Why settle for "good" when you can get "best"? They picked up a potential stud for a low price. Their other needs can be addressed later. You can't fault that move.

Sundown
04-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Why settle for "good" when you can get "best"? They picked up a potential stud for a low price. Their other needs can be addressed later. You can't fault that move.

Best doesn't equate to wins. I rather have 3 "b" players vs 1 "a" player. It's a team sport

FBomb
04-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I think it was a dumb move. They have no depth in the lb, Dline and safety spot; they need another TE and 3rd receiver. Giving up a 2rd round pick is huge when there's good cbs in the 2nd round. Typical flashy dallas move. Why settle for "good" when you can get "best"? They picked up a potential stud for a low price. Their other needs can be addressed later. You can't fault that move. Best doesn't equate to wins. I rather have 3 "b" players vs 1 "a" player. It's a team sport</P>

This theory is proven year after year (QB's excluded).....but it doesn't stop the couch potato GM's from whining.</P>

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM

Eh? Second coming of Dion he should never attempt to make a tackleSeriously he can already tackle better then Sanders

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Of course the NFC East are getting more talented players on paper then the Giants look how high they are picking

RedskinHater
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Eh? Second coming of Dion he should never attempt to make a tackleSeriously he can already tackle better then Sanders
So does my Grandma !

Spizi
Hakeem Nicks makes Charles Woodson look stupid... what is this Claiborne guy going to do??

RoanokeFan
BSPN slobbering all over their move...........Guess we should just write this year off.</p>

REESE YOU STOOPID IMGRATE!!!</p>

It's America's Team, what else can they say?

THE_New_York_Giants
In order for this guy to be any good, the Cowboys are going to have to generate some pressure up front. Unfortunately for them, their front 7 outside of DWare and Ratliff (who's only good for 4 games a season), Is just plain awful at generating pressure. Sean Lee is a solid MLB against the run, but against the pass he looks shaky. Their safeties are also just atrocious.

Pa1jintfan
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree that they got a good talent with Claiborne. But i just seen that there shopping Jenkins now, he was supposed to be there big guy just a few years ago. I think if Jenkins was properly coached, he could be a top 10 corner- easily. He has the skills. But what I'm saying is that they get a solid corner, and now they wanna move there there other corner. I know they have Carr as well, but we are evidence that you cannot have enough skill players. This is a passing league now, good corners are a must, at least 3 on a team. Dalllas will always be a poor mans giant team, because JJ does not know how to hold onto talent. He is not a GM.

RedskinHater
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
The rating of any team's draft at this point is plain ridiculous and is nothing more than someone flapping their gums ! They have as much predictive relevance as does our posting mock drafts. It might be fun but to actually mean anything : NOT !

FBomb
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
The rating of any team's draft at this point is plain ridiculous and is nothing more than someone flapping their gums ! They have as much predictive relevance as does our posting mock drafts. It might be fun but to actually mean anything : NOT !
</P>

Which was my point when starting this thread.</P>

DVision
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Gotta admit their secondary is 100% improved with Brandon Carr and now this kid on the other side.

With Brodney Poole and Gerald Sensabaugh playing safety? The Eagles had 3 proven quality CB's also, they even had a great pass rush! How'd that work for them?

GMAN8625
04-27-2012, 12:30 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Terrence Newman really worked out for them too. Jerry's a great personnel guy.</font>

Harlem2va
04-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree some people post just to run their mouths, if we look at teams on paper the Cowboys & Eagles go to the superbowl every year. We never make the big splashy move, we are steady and solid and end the year TEAM play is what matters. We never ask our rookies to come in and carry a load, we feed them a little at a time and when their ready we give them the steering wheel to drive.

Reese seem pretty good at his good - REESE for life - haters are going to hate that's their job!!

Harlem2va
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree some people post just to run their mouths, if we look at teams on paper the Cowboys & Eagles go to the superbowl every year. We never make the big splashy move, we are steady and solid TEAM play is what matters. We never ask our rookies to come in and carry a load, we feed them a little at a time and when their ready we give them the steering wheel to drive.

Reese seem pretty good at his good - REESE for life - haters are going to hate that's their job!!

RedskinHater
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
To paraphrase a great New York senator ( Daniel
Moynihan ) who spoke in a political sense :

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
While anyone can think one team or another had a great draft the actual facts are not in and will not be for AT LEAST a year.
I will read the " experts " opinions of which team " won" the draft but will be laughing all the while !!![:D] Their opinion on this is no more important than their mocks !

Sundown
04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I think it was a dumb move. They have no depth in the lb, Dline and safety spot; they need another TE and 3rd receiver. Giving up a 2rd round pick is huge when there's good cbs in the 2nd round. Typical flashy dallas move. Why settle for "good" when you can get "best"? They picked up a potential stud for a low price. Their other needs can be addressed later. You can't fault that move. Best doesn't equate to wins. I rather have 3 "b" players vs 1 "a" player. It's a team sport</P>

This theory is proven year after year (QB's excluded).....but it doesn't stop the couch potato GM's from whining.</P>

No joke plus Jerry jones has proven he'll botch a draft pick.

Harooni
04-27-2012, 12:43 PM

lol they have horrible corners or is it the DB coach? maybe they need a better pass rush. ours makes our db's look better.

we may have lost that last game vs dallas if they had better coverage.

sharick88
04-27-2012, 12:50 PM

LMMFAO

G-Man67
04-27-2012, 12:50 PM
he does look like the real deal .. i will have to hand it to them</P>

oh but didnt he score 4 on wonderlic?</P>

now i don't think it will affect his playing ability esp. being a CB and really being a football player ... i imagine he knows football even if he knows little else</P>

but it could be a red flag for off field problems ... you give a immature kid who isn't that smart a ton of money and set him loose in the world and things can happen ... not that i'm wishing that on him or even the hated Cowboys, but it is a consideration</P>

FBomb
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
he does look like the real deal .. i will have to hand it to them</P>

oh but didnt he score 4 on wonderlic?</P>

now i don't think it will affect his playing ability esp. being a CB and really being a football player ... i imagine he knows football even if he knows little else</P>

but it could be a red flag for off field problems ... you give a immature kid who isn't that smart a ton of money and set him loose in the world and things can happen ... not that i wishing that on him or even the hated Cowboys, but it is a consideration</P>

</P>

Cowboys don't have a great pass rush other than Ware. If you can't get pressure, your secondary can't help you.</P>

Dover Giant
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Keep piling the praise onto the "COWGIRLS" until their little tummys get sick. Romo was supposed to be the second coming how many years ago?
Paper rosters are just that Paper.

FBomb
04-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Speaking of Rhomo, ESPN also said Luck was #1 on the Cowboys board.</P>

DelawareGiants
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, I thought the cowpods did well to move up and snag Claiborne- he will be a great cover corner for them- but we'll see if he wants to tackle. Actually glad they did not end up with Mark Barron cause that guy can unload on RB's and receivers and I feared for him being a cowboy. But they don't have a 2nd round pick and they need some more pieces IMO.

Egulls did well also- Fletcher Cox will be a beast to run vs

Deadskins obviously got a good QB but still think the owner will get inpatient and keep changing head coaches so he will have to learn a new systems every 3 years or so.

BlueSanta
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
The Cowboys got a very good player. But, they have a lot of holes and it seems to me every time they have a few needs they trade back, and every time they have a lot of needs, they trade up. They have it backwards.

sharick88
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Honestly, I think it was a reach. The guy is a suspect tackler and having a "shutdown" CB doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to win or compete for titles. If you take a look at all of the playoff teams from last season, how many "shutdown" corners were actually on any of the teams' rosters? Anyways, we all should be used to BSPN and NFLN giving the Patriots and Cowboys their annual draft weekend blow jobs

Tony Bruno
04-27-2012, 02:57 PM
They still have the choke artist...</P>

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 03:03 PM

You thinking of another Deon?

Deon Sanders couldn't tackle an old lady in a walker.

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Having Rob Ryan as DC pretty much invalidates any of the players they draft on defense.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
am i the only one who thought claiborne was way overrated?

he played on an amazing defense, i believe he has only played corner for 2 yrs, it wasnt his original position coming to LSU, they transitioned him...And that imo, Gilmore and J.Jenkins are better cover corners...

Claiborne will be good dont get me wrong, but he aint gonna be what dallas thought they are getting...

pino
04-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Actually, I thought the Cowboys made the move that made the most sense for them. Every team in the East now has a franchise QB, and the corner position is more important than ever. Cowboys had the most need at that position out of the four teams. They did what they had to do to compete next year.

Personally, I feel we need to strengthen our CB's too, but there is no one that stands out at 32.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 03:22 PM
then u factor in they spent a ton for Carr, spent a 1rst on Jenkins and they still have serious holes at Safety and an opposite pass rush of Ware...yeah claiborne has excellent ball skills, but i'll be interested to see how he does vs a sight option read route offense...

FBomb
04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
then u factor in they spent a ton for Carr, spent a 1rst on Jenkins and they still have serious holes at Safety and an opposite pass rush of Ware...yeah claiborne has excellent ball skills, but i'll be interested to see how he does vs a sight option read route offense...</P>

Yep....Unless they get better at getting to opposing QB's, Caiborne will have little effect.</P>

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Everyone says this kid is a shutdown corner. Im just not seeing it he never puts his hands on the WR ever. This is not college no one is a shutdown corner till you enter the big leagues and become a Revis or a Webster who takes away your number 1 WR. They needed a safety badly and went after a CB. Eli is going to go after him Vick will go after him hell even RG3 will go after him. Hes going to get abused before he learns to put his hands on the WR. ESPN always slobs the cowboys knob year in and year out but yet they gave up a second round pick which would have helped there horrible oline and WR set.They only have 2 WR's that are good and if one goes down there screwed. Bottom line they got the best CB from the experts but in the nfl its a different ballgame so we shall see when he plays a down the first time against our WR's. Im so ready for this season to start now kinda wish we had BJ to run him over on his first attempt at tackling the next Revis lmao.

TroyArcher
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I understand this guys is one of the dumbest people ever so he may struggle with some of the complexities of NFL schemes.

LT_was_good
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I understand this guys is one of the dumbest people ever so he may struggle with some of the complexities of NFL schemes.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7862015/2012-nfl-draft-morris-claiborne-dallas-cowboys-blew-wonderlic-test-says

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I understand this guys is one of the dumbest people ever so he may struggle with some of the complexities of NFL schemes.*

If MM could work in our system, I'd feel fairly comfortable with a head of cabbage figuring it out.

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Excluding the selection of RG3 which is a franchise QB and always a great move, the Eagles probably got the best player in the NFCE. Cox is a plug in player on day 1 for the wide nine that the Eagles run. He's going to be a terror in the middle.

chasjay
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
The Cowboys may have taken Round One, but J. Reese will get the last laugh with the Rope-A-Dope [:)]

G-Man67
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I understand this guys is one of the dumbest people ever so he may struggle with some of the complexities of NFL schemes. If MM could work in our system, I'd feel fairly comfortable with a head of cabbage figuring it out.</P>

i think off field could be his issue ...immature, lots of money, not intelligent ... and what could happen is he make surround himself with the wrong people ... but obviously even though he is on a hated rival ... never would wish anything bad for anyone</P>

Ntegrase96
04-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I think the Eagles had the best addition to an already ferocious pass rush.

I didn't really like the Claiborne pick at first, but it's mostly because I want the Cowboys to do the best they can to win now.

Claiborne not only helps to potentially strengthen the secondary (Along with the addition of Carr and Poole, and firing DB coach dave campo), but he also gives us a much needed kick returner.

It's more of a future pick than anything and I'm okay with that. I'm for taking the BPA for a need, and although I'd rather have gotten a pass rusher, I knew coming into this draft that the Cowboys would not be fixed at the conclusion of this draft.

There are just too many holes.

Good pick. Not happy about losing a 2nd rounder, but the Ryan's defenses rely on cornerbacks more than anything, and although our pass rush isn't the best in the league right now, it was top 10 last year.

illmaticzeke
04-27-2012, 05:51 PM
It was a great pickup for Dallas especially considering the division they play in...No hate here.....they get an A+ for that pick.