PDA

View Full Version : Nicks/Cruz > CowGirls DBs

GiantPride27
04-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Im sorry Claybourn is to soft for the NFL. He NEVER jams guys at the line (I have never seen him do it). You expect to stop Cruz on a reed route without poping him off the line? Com'On man!

He cant tackle at all and hes no Deon Sanders in coverage... so noone make that comparison

Even pairing him with Carr id take Nicks/Cruz all day every day in that match up

Revis/cromartie nor Asamawa/Samuel/DRC could stop The big Blue Recievers. says enough

pino
04-27-2012, 03:22 PM
We'll find out...

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 03:23 PM
The problem these days with a lot of teams is that they have one superstar CB, one decent-to-good CB, and another okay guy for nickel. We have two equally awesome guys at WR. Put your superstar guy and on one, the other will have a field day. Double cover both, and Eli will start throwing the ball to any eligible receiver, who are all wide open because you're double covering two guys (leaving 7 guys left to cover the other 3 eligible receivers AND rush the passer)

I Bleed Blue 56
04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
I honestly think your 100 percent right He got trucked by a WR when he put his shoulders down kinda looked like a Mike Jenkins if you ask me. He never puts his hands on the WR. In the nfl that doesnt fly in college you can get away with that but not in the NFL. You have the jam the receiver or else someone like cruz will make you look bad and have a monster day. Hes a rookie and Eli is going to target him all game just like he did Peterson and Nicks won that match up easily. Have fun Cowboys thanks for not picking Mark Barron whos going to be a monster in the nfl.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 03:25 PM
i actually had gilmore and j.jenkins as better cover corners. claiborne has great ball skills tho, but he played on a stacked defense

he only has played corner for 2 yrs, it wasnt his original position coming into LSU i believe.

plus, the cowboys invested 50 mil on Carr, a first on jenkins, and now a 1rst and a 2nd on Claiborne...

he can press cover tho. but i'll be interested to see how he handles a sight adjustment route offense...he looks great covering the simple go route or deep post routes, but how will he do when the WR plays off his lack of technique and zigs when claiborne thought he would zag

burier
04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
i actually had gilmore and j.jenkins as better cover corners. claiborne has great ball skills tho, but he played on a stacked defense

he only has played corner for 2 yrs, it wasnt his original position coming into LSU i believe.

plus, the cowboys invested 50 mil on Carr, a first on jenkins, and now a 1rst and a 2nd on Claiborne...

he can press cover tho. but i'll be interested to see how he handles a sight adjustment route offense...he looks great covering the simple go route or deep post routes, but how will he do when the WR plays off his lack of technique and zigs when claiborne thought he would zag

Can't count on lack of technique since he'll be coached up drastically especially if we thinking about what kind of player he's going to be say 4 years from now.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Can't count on lack of technique since he'll be coached up drastically especially if we thinking about what kind of player he's going to be say 4 years from now.

good point. but i still dont think any one db can man up on nicks and cruz and take them out of the game. revis did last season, but he gets away with a ton of contact before the pass arrives...

TheBookOfEli
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Claybourne is a gifted player but i have noticed he's a skinny guy. I can picture Nicks abusing this kid all day long, even if Nicks doesn't have much separation.