04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Reasons why Wilson was a great pickup:
- Bradshaw is damaged goods
- BJ is gone
- We were 32nd in the league in rushing yards
- We were 32nd in the league in ypc
- He has elite speed, agility, and explosiveness
- He can catch out of the backfield

What more needs to be said? He fills a HUGE need and is extremely talented.

ibbill
04-27-2012, 03:03 PM
All in with the pick could be a huge game changer for us.

Die-Hard
04-27-2012, 03:04 PM
- BJ is gone

What more needs to be said. He fits a HUGE need and is extremely talented.

Pay attention, people. This is what logic looks like

Spizi
04-27-2012, 03:06 PM
- BJ is gone

haha seriously though I don't get why some people are so angry about this pick. I think our Oline issues are easier to fix than many people think. Baas is now coming into his second season in the system and he actually has an offseason to prepare this time. Kmac is gone which was the biggest problem, Beatty will be back from injury, and we have some young unproven depth.

Medisleman
04-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Love this pick, he could set up our future running game for years to come.

Spizi
04-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Love this pick, he could set up our future running game for years to come.

exactly. He has the potential to be one of those gamebreakers at the RB position. Elite speed and elusiveness to turn a 5 yard loss into an 80 yard TD.

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
- BJ is gone

Srsly

Coach Carter
04-27-2012, 03:28 PM
+32

paul007
04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Reese took what he felt was the best RB available as the team probably had thoughts that the 2nd round will have a run on RBs. So he had a preemptive strike and took the best available RB.

No problem with the pick. He reminds me of McCoy on the Eagles.

FBomb
04-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Reasons why Wilson was a great pickup: - Bradshaw is damaged goods - BJ is gone - We were 32nd in the league in rushing yards - We were 32nd in the league in ypc - He has elite speed, agility, and explosiveness - He can catch out of the backfield What more needs to be said. He fits a HUGE need and is extremely talented.

haha seriously though I don't get why some people are so angry about this pick. I think our Oline issues are easier to fix than many people think. Baas is now coming into his second season in the system and he actually has an offseason to prepare this time. Kmac is gone which was the biggest problem, Beatty will be back from injury, and we have some young unproven depth.</P>

You "don't get why"??? You're new here, aren't you?[:)]</P>

Personally....I think it's the meth.</P>

pino
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
And we can use him as a returner. Something we haven't been consistant at since Dave Meggett.

miked1958
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
- BJ is gone

What more needs to be said? He fills a HUGE need and is extremely talented.I agree with you but your title threw me off

NYGRealityCheck
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
- BJ is gone

Inconceivable!!!! lol

FBomb
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Personally, I don't like all this logic being thrown about!!!

lawl
04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
He wasn't the highest rated guy on the board and the guy rated ahead of him was also at a position of need.

Wilson will probably be a good player, but because heis a rb, it was not the right move.

Die-Hard
04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
He wasn't the highest rated guy on the board and the guy rated ahead of him was also at a position of need.

Wilson will probably be a good player, but because heis a rb, it was not the right move.

What would have been the right move?

FBomb
04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
He wasn't the highest rated guy on the board and the guy rated ahead of him was also at a position of need. Wilson will probably be a good player, but because heis a rb, it was not the right move.</P>

I don't remember you ever being this idiotic before.......what caused it.....a head injury...meth overdose?</P>

We get it....you think RB's are no longer important....reiterating your ridiculous opinion doesn't make it any less ridiculous.</P>

</P>

NYGRealityCheck
04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Personally, I don't like all this logic being thrown about!!!

Logic should be the opiate for the masses I say!....
Anyway, Dave Wilson was the highest ranked player on the Giants draft board at the 32nd pick and also filled a need for the RB position behind Bradshaw. that's why this pick was "easy". I know some people are going to ask about the players that were still available like WR S. Hill, TE Cooby Freener, a handful of excellent O-linemen, etc... Just gotta trust Reese.

They're saying TE Dwayne Allen might fall to the Giants in the second when people were predicting the Giants to pick him at 32nd earlier this year. Oh how things change....

lawl
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM

What would have been the right move?

Randle branch Glenn Reyes worthy.

lawl
04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
He wasn't the highest rated guy on the board and the guy rated ahead of him was also at a position of need. Wilson will probably be a good player, but because heis a rb, it was not the right move.</P>

I don't remember you ever being this idiotic before.......what caused it.....a head injury...meth overdose?

We get it....you think RB's are no longer important....reiterating your ridiculous opinion doesn't make it any less ridiculous.</P>

*</P>

when he's no longer effective in 4 years or we have to waste a big contract on him, don't be mad, because it is a huge possibility.

History fully supports this.

Flip Empty
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Wow, this site has become embarrassing overnight. So many $2 experts.

RoanokeFan
04-27-2012, 08:11 PM
- BJ is gone

haha seriously though I don't get why some people are so angry about this pick. I think our Oline issues are easier to fix than many people think. Baas is now coming into his second season in the system and he actually has an offseason to prepare this time. Kmac is gone which was the biggest problem, Beatty will be back from injury, and we have some young unproven depth.

Some people are angry they were born

THE_New_York_Giants
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Reasons why Wilson was a great pickup: - Bradshaw is damaged goods - BJ is gone - We were 32nd in the league in rushing yards - We were 32nd in the league in ypc - He has elite speed, agility, and explosiveness - He can catch out of the backfield What more needs to be said. He fits a HUGE need and is extremely talented.

haha seriously though I don't get why some people are so angry about this pick. I think our Oline issues are easier to fix than many people think. Baas is now coming into his second season in the system and he actually has an offseason to prepare this time. Kmac is gone which was the biggest problem, Beatty will be back from injury, and we have some young unproven depth.</P>

You "don't get why"???* You're new here, aren't you?[:)]</P>

Personally....I think it's the meth.</P>
The people angry about it are people who have jumped ship from the Jets to us and still are stuck with the Jets mindset of "we need a circus with big names".

BrandonJacobs
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
LeSean McCoy is in his fourth year.

Ray Rice just finished his fourth year.

You're right I wouldn't want any of those washed up players. They are so OLD!

BlueReign
04-27-2012, 08:23 PM
He wasn't the highest rated guy on the board and the guy rated ahead of him was also at a position of need. Wilson will probably be a good player, but because heis a rb, it was not the right move.</p>

I don't remember you ever being this idiotic before.......what caused it.....a head injury...meth overdose?
</p>

We get it....you think RB's are no longer important....reiterating your ridiculous opinion doesn't make it any less ridiculous.</p>

</p>

when he's no longer effective in 4 years or we have to waste a big contract on him, don't be mad, because it is a huge possibility.

History fully supports this.
Why are you concerned about him commanding a big contract in a few years? That would mean he's playing at a high level...I wouldn't want to draft someone who is a mediocre player. Who knows what our payroll will look like four years from now anyway.

dinz
04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
no need for this type of talk.

dinz
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
why i said no need for that replay, in regards to the meth reference, much be some youngsters on boards tonight

shocknaweny
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I felt like we could have gotten him in Round 2...

krygny
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
He wasn't the best player on the board at the time.

Unless Reese is right and everybody else is wrong. Which is a distinct possibility. Only time will tell.