PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi resigns for 3 more years

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Vacchiano - Mathias Kiwanuka has apparently signed a three-year contract extension with the Giants, keeping him signed through the 2015 season. #NYG"

GMenNY21
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Vacchiano - Mathias Kiwanuka has apparently signed a three-year contract extension with the Giants, keeping him signed through the 2015 season. #NYG"Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?

Why is it assumed everybody who signs at LB or DE means the end of Osi?

I think this extension probably means the giants have a bit more cap room, Kiwi was due 4 mil this year in base salary, bet this extension knocks that cap number down.

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Vacchiano - Mathias Kiwanuka has apparently signed a three-year contract extension with the Giants, keeping him signed through the 2015 season. #NYG"Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?
Take this for what it's worth:

<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/jwyattsports" data-user-id="41908847"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Jim Wyatt[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>jwyattsports</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Some buzz out there about the <s>#</s>Titans (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Titans) going after Giants DE Osi Umenyiora. Sorry to be a buzz-kill, but don't get your hopes up</p>

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
I hope Osi stays....but even if he left, with Tuck, JPP, and Kiwi, we're more than set at DE

myles2424
04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Niceee....I honestly believe if he wouldve hit the FA market he wouldnt have made it back...</P>

dave56dj
04-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Osi will not like this one bit - but he has no leverage. Tough to hold out in a contract year. Looks like he will play it out for a nice small cap hit and then be on his way. Which is fine, at that point he is 32 and we got the best years out of him. I love osi so dont want to talk about him like cattle but sadly thats what the NFL is sometimes. He mastered the strip sack and regardless of his lack of run d those plays are game changing, but certainly its JPP and Tucks starting job now and Osi will rotate as they all do.

buddy33
04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?

Why is it assumed everybody who signs at LB or DE means the end of Osi?

I think this extension probably means the giants have a bit more cap room, Kiwi was due 4 mil this year in base salary, bet this extension knocks that cap number down.

Well it has been mentioned by some writers and I thought Osi said it could happen.

uhhuhyup22
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Osi will not like this one bit - but he has no leverage. Tough to hold out in a contract year. Looks like he will play it out for a nice small cap hit and then be on his way. Which is fine, at that point he is 32 and we got the best years out of him. I love osi so dont want to talk about him like cattle but sadly thats what the NFL is sometimes. He mastered the strip sack and regardless of his lack of run d those plays are game changing, but certainly its JPP and Tucks starting job now and Osi will rotate as they all do.
</P>

</P>

Since Osi and I were born on the exact same day, I can tell you he is 30 and wont be 31 til Nov 16 this year.</P>

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Well it has been mentioned by some writers and I thought Osi said it could happen.

Im not saying it cant. But everytime the giants make any sort of move at either position everyone assumes they made the move because of Osi. I dont think the two are related.

Kiwi was a damn good player last year, his contract is up after this season, he was resigned for 3 more years. Has nothing to do with Osi.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:01 PM
As I thought, Kiwi's base salary this year dropped from 4 million to 950k. Next year 2.95 mil, then 4.3 and 4.7.

Spizi
04-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Take this for what it's worth:

<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/jwyattsports" data-user-id="41908847"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Jim Wyatt[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>jwyattsports</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Some buzz out there about the <s>#</s>Titans (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Titans) going after Giants DE Osi Umenyiora. Sorry to be a buzz-kill, but don't get your hopes up</p>

If we can get their 2nd (52) then I'd be all for it.

buddy33

Im not saying it cant. But everytime the giants make any sort of move at either position everyone assumes they made the move because of Osi. I dont think the two are related.

Kiwi was a damn good player last year, his contract is up after this season, he was resigned for 3 more years. Has nothing to do with Osi.

Maybe people are thinking that the LB's are getting full and Kiwi might be moved again.

If they did trade him for a second, I wonder what they would look to draft with the pick and where it would be.

LT_was_good
As I thought, Kiwi's base salary this year dropped from 4 million to 950k. Next year 2.95 mil, then 4.3 and 4.7.

News on how much guaranteed?

EDIT: I like this move regardless. Even 4.7 is a good deal, and he'll turn 33 next time he hits free agency, which means we get him through the tail end of his prime.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
For reference, from PFF

Kiwi played last year 60% of his snaps at OLB. 21% at DE, 9% ILB, 8% DT.

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM

News on how much guaranteed?

EDIT: I like this move regardless.* Even 4.7 is a good deal, and he'll turn 33 next time he hits free agency, which means we get him through the tail end of his prime.

Three added years for Kiwanuka at $2.95m, $4.375m and $4.775m. Base this year lowered from $4m to $950k.*#nyg <https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23nyg>

Great move. [b]

LT_was_good
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
For reference, from PFF

Kiwi played last year 60% of his snaps at OLB. 21% at DE, 9% ILB, 8% DT.

BUT HE CAN'T PLAY TWO POSITIONS WE EITHER HAVE TO KEEP HIM AT LB 100% OF THE TIME OR TRADE OSI AND MOVE KIWI BACK TO DE 100% OF THE TIME!!!!!!!!

GMAN8625
04-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Good freaking news. Love it.

G-Man67
04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
For reference, from PFF Kiwi played last year 60% of his snaps at OLB. 21% at DE, 9% ILB, 8% DT.</P>

good info, thanks</P>

very important player for us with or without Osi, but really important if there is any truth to the Osi trade stuff</P>

and i give Kiwi a lot of credit ... he could have been stubborn and said, i'm a DE period ... but he has been willing to do whatever we ask him to and do it at a high level</P>

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:14 PM
and i give Kiwi a lot of credit ... he could have been stubborn and said, i'm a DE period ... but he has been willing to do whatever we asked him to and do it at a high level</P>

Frankly I think he enjoys playing multiple positions, helps maximize his value. He makes more plays, IMO, playing all over than he would if he just lined up at RE every play.

titwio
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I think the Giants are definitely shopping Osi today. Already hearing a buzz around Tennessee. Wouldn't be surprised if Reese is talking with other teams too.

Osi said he wants to be a starter and it's not happening over Tuck and JPP. Sad but I think this could be the end.

byron
04-27-2012, 04:18 PM
As I thought, Kiwi's base salary this year dropped from 4 million to 950k. Next year 2.95 mil, then 4.3 and 4.7. yeah 3 mil is a big pay cut any bonus money? or G money?

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM

consider the timing. and all the trade rumors. IMO, its more than just a coincidence.

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
As I thought, Kiwi's base salary this year dropped from 4 million to 950k. Next year 2.95 mil, then 4.3 and 4.7. yeah 3 mil is a big pay cut any bonus money? or G money?

sweet. saved 3 mil on our cap. If osi is traded, that will free up another 3 mil.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:22 PM
consider the timing. and all the trade rumors. IMO, its more than just a coincidence.

everyone said when JPP was drafted that was the end of Osi... and that never happened either.

Not saying Osi wont get traded, it certainly could happen. But I just dont think resigning Kiwi means anything on the Osi front. Kiwi is a good player who the giants wanted to keep.

byron
04-27-2012, 04:25 PM
everyone said when JPP was drafted that was the end of Osi... and that never happened either. Not saying Osi wont get traded, it certainly could happen. But I just dont think resigning Kiwi means anything on the Osi front. Kiwi is a good player who the giants wanted to keep. I don't either Slip this was a pay cut which is good of the Giants and the cap

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2012, 04:28 PM

everyone said when JPP was drafted that was the end of Osi... and that never happened either.

Not saying Osi wont get traded, it certainly could happen. But I just dont think resigning Kiwi means anything on the Osi front. Kiwi is a good player who the giants wanted to keep.

it was a different sutation with JPP.

here are the signs that point to osis departure.

1. Osi ongoing trade demands.
2. Rumors today of him being traded to Tennessee, among other teams.
3. the signing on Rivers (presumably to replace kiwi at OLB)
4. the Kiwi extension...today...of all days.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:32 PM
1. Osi ongoing trade demands.
Same ongoing trade demands when they drafted JPP.

2. Rumors today of him being traded to Tennessee, among other teams.
There are rumors all over the place every draft about the giants moving Osi

3. the signing on Rivers (presumably to replace kiwi at OLB)
This I do not agree with. Even if Osi is moved very much doubt Kiwi is moved back to DE full time, expect he stays as a LB/DE.

4. the Kiwi extension...today...of all days.

Well they needed the cap room, this saves them 3 mil, could have been working on it for months and just finalized it today

Eli TO Shockey
04-27-2012, 04:45 PM
on the other hand, this could be money freeing up to give Osi an extension. We will soon find out....

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
on the other hand, this could be money freeing up to give Osi an extension. We will soon find out....

Or they could do nothing and just let Osi play out his contract. Never really know what Reese is up to

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 04:48 PM
good news about Kiwi! </P>

hes a good player in this defense! along side the d-ends he is quite disruptive!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I just wanna know why we have money for Kiwi and not Osi?

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I just wanna know why we have money for Kiwi and not Osi?

Eh? Resigning Kiwi saved cap room.