PDA

View Full Version : Patriots killed it

Giants10Joe
04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Hate to say it, but the Pats had a great first day. Chandler Jones. Dont'a Hightower. I would have loved have either of those guys wearing blue next season.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Still not sure where Hightower fits for them

GmenFan1980
04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
i'm sorry, but if you give all your picks after round 2 away you better get good talent

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm starting to notice a trend in grading picks (not you specifically OP) that teams who grab two players in the 1st round always get praise even if they might of reached for a player like the Bucs did with Barron. Just something I noticed really.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm starting to notice a trend in grading picks (not you specifically OP) that teams who grab two players in the 1st round always get praise even if they might of reached for a player like the Bucs did with Barron. Just something I noticed really.

Yep, clearly having two first round picks is better than one, lol.

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Yep, clearly having two first round picks is better than one, lol.Right lol. I just don't think the Bucs did anything special really. Martin went where he should of gone and Barron was a bit too high at 7. Just not getting the praise really.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Right lol. I just don't think the Bucs did anything special really. Martin went where he should of gone and Barron was a bit too high at 7. Just not getting the praise really.

I dont either. Safety was obviously a need and a bunch of teams loved Barron, so maybe it wasent a reach, but still. Eh. A safety and a HB in the first isnt that overwhelming of a draft

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 04:49 PM

Seriously ... I thought that was a weird pick for them.

Out of all of the teams that picked twice in the first not one of them had a great double strike. One pick would be perfect and then the other would kind of leave me scratching my head.

Kruunch
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Right lol. I just don't think the Bucs did anything special really. Martin went where he should of gone and Barron was a bit too high at 7. Just not getting the praise really.

I dont either. Safety was obviously a need and a bunch of teams loved Barron, so maybe it wasent a reach, but still. Eh. A safety and a HB in the first isnt that overwhelming of a draft

I think the Bucs would have been better served with a corner.

King Sully
04-27-2012, 04:56 PM

i feel like he's kind of forced to play olb in there 3-4 and de when there in a 4-3, mayo and spikes are purely inside backers in my opinion.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM

i feel like he's kind of forced to play olb in there 3-4 and de when there in a 4-3, mayo and spikes are purely inside backers in my opinion.

This is my guess.

Base 4-3 = Mayo at WLB, Spikes at MLB, Hightower at SLB

Nickel = Mayo at WLB, Spikes at MLB, Hightower at DE

3-4 Spikes and Mayo inside, Hightower at OLB.

I think the patriots play a lot of 50 front too, and Hightower as the up LB actually fits really well there

Giants10Joe
04-27-2012, 06:56 PM

For me, that had little to do with it. It was just that I would have wanted either of those guys and the fact that they got both makes me think they did well. If I only liked one of their 2 picks, then I wouldn't have thought they did well.

bflo23
04-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Hate to say it, but the Pats had a great first day. Chandler Jones. Dont'a Hightower. I would have loved have either of those guys wearing blue next season.

Nah. On espn first take, the analysts weren't impressed with the picks. Skip Bayless didn't care for Chandler Jones and Mangini didn't care for Dont'a Hightower in Belichick's system. I think both of those players are overrated as well.

greenca190
04-27-2012, 08:53 PM
The Patriots will figure out a way to use these guys.