PDA

View Full Version : Big question

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Does Wilson end up getting the starting job by the end of the season?

I usually expect first round picks to have a starting position but we all know that we like to use multiple backs....so by starter, I'm talking about the guy who's on the field first. Even if he's getting a 55-45 split of the carries.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:25 PM
honestly think 'starting' is meaningless.

There are players who dont start games but play more snaps then the so called 'starters'

burier
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
It may be meaningless but it isn't to the the players.

We saw Jacobs throw a fit because he lost the "Starting" spot.

With that said if the term "Starter" is meaningless there really no reason to aggrivate your veteran tailback by taking his starter tag.

Only way Bradshaw relinquishes the starting spot is by way of injury, discipline or if he gets a bad case of fumblitis again.

YATittle1962
04-27-2012, 04:34 PM
"starting" is a subjective term

but I do believe he becomes the featured back come seasons end

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Well sometimes Jacobs would "start" the game but Bradshaw would have more carries.

Still though, Bradshaw was considered our starter and he would have ended up with considerably more carries than Jacobs if it wasn't for his injury (he still did but not too much more than Jacobs).

By starter I basically mean who's earned the top spot as a RB on our depth chart and who will probably get more carries the year after.

NY4U2
04-27-2012, 04:43 PM
He still got a few backs to beat for that starting position. I think some bonuses are determined by if a player is considered the starter, that and actual snaps/playtime/stats.

egyptian420
04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't know why everyone is so confused from the term starter.

It's fairly straight forward, here's a very simple example:

Week 1 last year: Murray was NOT a starter for the cowboys, he was backing up Felix Jones

By the end of the season: He was undoubtetly the starter/best back/guy who gets their most carries/ whatever you want to call it that helps you sleep at night

My simple question: Does Wilson end up doing what Murray did last year? (in terms of moving up to the top of the depth chart) Hope that cleared things up

DownWitJPP
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Bradshaw can't stay healthy, so there is a very real possibility that Wilson is the starter by the end of the season

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 04:52 PM
well if you are asking will he be the best back on the roster by the end of the year, I would say probably not.

But with Bradshaws injury history, he may end up being the main guy anyway.

DownWitJPP
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
well if you are asking will he be the best back on the roster by the end of the year, I would say probably not.

But with Bradshaws injury history, he may end up being the main guy anyway.

yup thats how i see it too, but i just have this feeling that this kid is gonna be a special back once he stops the dropsies

miked1958
04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
honestly think 'starting' is meaningless.

There are players who dont start games but play more snaps then the so called 'starters'I think he and Scott our the future. For now all four will get playing time

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
for all I can tell, a "starter" is just the guys that play the first snap for each phase. For purposes of depth, it really only applies to QB these days, as far as I'm concerned. AB would often "start" in order to get the defense used to his run style, and then would switch out for Jacobs who would pound it in there. At least before he got a case of the tip toes...