tucksackstom
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
they got him

myles2424
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Uuggh!! (Rick Ross)

fletch842
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
I think that is great value for the spot. Reminds me of the Manningham pick a few years ago.

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Need &amp; huge BPA value!!! Do it !!!</P>

</P>

great call myles!</P>

hope Rueben can contribute as well as Manningham did!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
YES!! Been calling his name for so long, cant believe he fell to the last pick in the 2nd...he is 1rst round talent and will contribute immediately

YES! this draft is gonna be a great one1

Toadofsteel
Mario who?

hungrrrry
Love the picks so far!!!

Flip Empty
Two skill positions in the first two rounds. Lays bare the direction they're taking this team.

Neverend
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Eh, not overly high on him. wouldve preffered allen

but hes a good player.

Zaggs
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Not bad. Would have preferred they reversed going WR and then RB, but not bad. Interesting that he nearly had the same 40 time as Nicks.

gian_18778
Just when the wretched Cowboys thought they were within range of shutting down our offensive attack, lol.

eastbayblue
I really wanted this guy, great job Reese!!

TheReal_LT
I like this pick!

NYDestroyer
I don't like the pick he looks slow.
Can he run after the catch and take it to the house???
Looks like he got good hands, just don't look like a burner.[:(]

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Two skill positions in the first two rounds. Lays bare the direction they're taking this team.

i said weeks ago this was gonna be one of the best drafts in terms of getting guys to excite us at skill positions.

wow, our offense is going to be a nightmare for defenses.

i ammmmmmmmmmm so stoked!:)

BigBlueFanNJ
04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/wr/rueben-randle/

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:22 PM

he ran a 4.4 at his pro day...this guy is 1rst round talent without a doubt. he had no one to throw to him at LSU, he is gonna be an AWESOME addition.

aint one nickel corner in the league who'll shut him down.
he can be an x, y, or z...awesome body control, gets the ball at its highest point, runs routes well, gets into the soft spots in zones...he's a super up MM imho

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
This is a great value pick as well and you know the Giants have to be confident in his ability to grasp the offense.

Neverend
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM

he ran a 4.4 at his pro day...this guy is 1rst round talent without a doubt. he had no one to throw to him at LSU, he is gonna be an AWESOME addition.

he can be an x, y, or z...awesome body control, gets the ball at its highest point, runs routes well, gets into the soft spots in zones...he's a super up MM imho

He did not run a sub 40 at his pro day. I thought reports said he ran in the mid 4.4s

wow if he ran in the 4.3s. Thats stunning, that would be awesome even though he obviously doesnt play at that speed tho

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
This is a great value pick as well and you know the Giants have to be confident in his ability to grasp the offense.

he's a suped up MM, this guy is an elite downfield threat. he can ascend to a true #1.

he was being compared to Nicks by guys like Mayock and Kosell...HUGE PICK UP HUGE!

giving eli some toys...I have to believe that we went after him bc of dallas and philly beefing up there secondaries

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM

So, he's Super Mario? He'll burn the DB's literally?

I approve...

mikeq672
Keep in mind this guy played with two terrible quartbacks on a team that blew everyone out too so he didnt get too many oppurtunities to produce. Its going to be awesome watching him and Nicks on the outside with Cruz in the slot. Eli is going to have another monster year

giantyankee1976
welcome to Big Blue

Needs are getting addressed whether people see it or not.

(Now please let's see the O Line get some attention)

giantsfan420

He did not run a sub 40 at his pro day. I thought reports said he ran in the mid 4.4s

wow if he ran in the 4.3s. Thats stunning, that would be awesome even though he obviously doesnt play at that speed tho

you are right, he ran a 4.4 flat, I thought he turned in a time of 4.39 but it was a bad time by the scorekeeper

edit- im gonna double check tho i thought i read he got under a 4.4, but whatever the case, he's a smooth glider, awesome body control, gets behind defenses, awesome awesome pick up SO STOKED...i was fine with taking him 32, getting him last pick in the 2nd? HUGE PICKUP

GMENAGAIN
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Looks like he got good hands, just don't look like a burner.[:(]</P>

You're basing your evaluation on two or three highlight videos they showed after the pick??lol Toolbag . . . . . </P>

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
hes a great size 6'4 210 pounds. </P>

this offense is gonna be nasty!</P>

PRFan
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Looks slow, very hesitant on his cuts.

gian_18778
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Very similar scouting report to Nicks. Very please with this pick.

JR = Just Relax.

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Multiple sources saying the giants were seriously considering him in the first.

Worked out well for them.

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 10:32 PM
JR = Just Relax.

I like it...

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Multiple sources saying the giants were seriously considering him in the first.

Worked out well for them.

i was happy thinking hed be our pick at 32, at 61, im ECSTATIC...Kosell labeled him a Nicks clone.

he has great size, arm width, gets seperation, runs routes pretty well, and can find soft spots in zones...

Eli's gotta be loving life right now, got an amazing RB and an amazing WR to work with...

juice33s
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
The guy is one of the best YAC guys in the draft, also has sneaky strider speed to beat guys deep. Also despite his combine vert, he is great at high pointing the ball in jump ball situations

NY4U2
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Rameses Barden's days as a Giants are officially numbered.

Very good draft so far.

gian_18778
04-27-2012, 10:41 PM

Very good draft so far.

Agreed!

jakegibbs
04-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Strengths:

Decent size. Strong hands; does a great job catching the ball away from his body and quickly securing it. Consistent route runner. Relatively quick with his breaks and has deceptive speed; can get over the top if the defense isnít paying close attention. Quick off the snap; gets up to full speed quickly. Has potential as a blocker.

Weaknesses:

Needs to do a better job using his body to shield defenders in tight coverage. Plays too soft for a guy his size; hesitates when he hears footsteps and will even give up on balls when he knows heís going to get hit (see 2011 vs Miss. State). Physical defensive backs can get into his head. Not a strong runner after the catch; has the size to break tackles, but just doesnít know how (or doesnít want to put in the effort) to lower his shoulder and run with a purpose. Inconsistent effort as a blocker; needs to improve in this area to take full advantage of his size.

Comments:

Randle has the skill set to contribute at the next level, but he has never played up to his full potential. His best assets are his hands, and he can be an excellent possession receiver. However, he needs to become more physical in every aspect of his game. He has the size to take advantage of smaller defensive backs, but he just doesnít seem interested in being that type of receiver. His lack of physical play, considering his relatively modest speed, is a red flag that definitely hurts his stock. While he could develop into a quality No. 2 receiver, heís a definitely boom-or-bust prospect

NYDestroyer
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Ok, I just saw some youtube highlights not from ESPN lol. Decent speed and the hands looks GREAT![:)]

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 10:43 PM

Very good draft so far.

they were always numbered when he never did anything on the field, lol

DownWitJPP
04-27-2012, 10:43 PM

Very good draft so far.

was thinking the exact same thing

Also, Randle gets to face his former teammate Morris Claiborne twice a year now. Lets hope Randle knows his tendancies from going up against him in practice everyday

titwio
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
1 word...

STEAL!!!

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 10:46 PM
was thinking the exact same thing

Also, Randle gets to face his former teammate Morris Claiborne twice a year now. Lets hope Randle knows his tendancies from going up against him in practice everyday

Fortunately Randle has a QB who is actually capable of throwing to him.

Diamondring
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
YES!! Been calling his name for so long, cant believe he fell to the last pick in the 2nd...he is 1rst round talent and will contribute immediately

YES! this draft is gonna be a great one1Did you make the post about us getting a big play wr? If so good work.

Vtgmenfan89
04-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Called this one. Too much value to pass up considering he was expected by most to go early 2nd. He'll fit in great, 6'3 great outside size and Cruz can continue to work the slot. I like our first two picks giving our offense some more fire power, but I'd like to see some o line picks..especially tackle. We need to shore that up.

DownWitJPP
04-27-2012, 10:51 PM
kids a good ball player and we got excellent value in almost round 3......he was projected to go mid to late first round.

I didn't call the Randle pick, but I did say we would take a bigger receiver to stretch the field opposite of Nicks. They would be crazy to move Cruz from the slot on 3 wide sets. He has to much production in the middle, and no one can cover him

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM

YES! this draft is gonna be a great one1Did you make the post about us getting a big play wr? If so good work.

yup...took a lil bit of flak for some reason, i got the typical "SMH" from the usual know it alls, but i have to admit it was a little bit of a knee jerk reaction but i wanted a big play WR before the draft even began...I literally was hoping for Wright, but thought it'd be Randle at 32...how he fell to the end of the 2nd round and teams picking 4th round talent wr's...I AM STOKED! this offense is going to be UNSTOPPABLE...he can come in and play day1 for us

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Very good draft so far.
</P>

</P>

drafting Randle gives Barden no option but to perform....i doubt he can!</P>

DownWitJPP
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
i dont think Barden makes it past training camp this year honestly

NY_Eli
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
I like this pick a lot. I think it's pretty clear Barden's days are numbered, I think the impact on Jernigan is more interesting.

I wonder if they don't have a lot of faith in him or if Randle was just outright BPA

gian_18778
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Not many people give Eli credit for how good a coach he is. Mark my words, this kid will flourish with Eli.

Diamondring
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Can still keep Barden who did nothing so far.

ny06
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Welcome aboard Rueben Randle. Excited to see him on the field. </P>

http://www133.lunapic.com/do-not-link-here-use-hosting-instead/13355781013852?4887351724</P>

TheEnigma
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Nicks and Randle working the outside with Cruz and Jernigan working the slot on 4 wr sets?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PBP_tIye7RQ/TxNTriQ9VBI/AAAAAAAAAow/2RMUHTIN0QI/s1600/kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
I like this pick a lot. I think it's pretty clear Barden's days are numbered, I think the impact on Jernigan is more interesting.

I wonder if they don't have a lot of faith in him or if Randle was just outright BPA

BPA...NO WAY reese would pass him up.
he literally is 1rst round talent. im shocked the 9ers took the WR they did over Randle...

with Eli coaching him up, HE IS GOING TO BE DOMINANT.

I'm calling it right now, one of our rookies wins OROY

Diamondring
04-27-2012, 11:00 PM

yup...took a lil bit of flak for some reason, i got the typical "SMH" from the usual know it alls, but i have to admit it was a little bit of a knee jerk reaction but i wanted a big play WR before the draft even began...I literally was hoping for Wright, but thought it'd be Randle at 32...how he fell to the end of the 2nd round and teams picking 4th round talent wr's...I AM STOKED! this offense is going to be UNSTOPPABLE...he can come in and play day1 for usAwesome indeed.

shocknaweny
04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
I like it ....now go get Bobbie Massie !!!!

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Yea, we lose MM and BJ and promptly go out and get guys to fill those rolls in first two rounds. The giants just seem to have a knack for bringing in the right personell. It's like they just roll them off an assembly line