PDA

View Full Version : So no O-linemen in 2 rounds?

EJ Blue
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
This doesn't have any bearing personally on the guys that were chosen or their ability at their position, but I guess the Giants are okay with Eli getting assaulted another year?

NYgiants141
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
In Reese We Trust.

NYG4lifeNYK
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
We have players from previous drafts......

Beatty
Boothe
Petrus
Baas healthy

relax

Toadofsteel
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
We have players from previous drafts......

Beatty
Boothe
Petrus
Baas healthy

relax

The o-line was starting to get their act together in pass protection. Drafting a RB that can make plays out of nothing was a genius move... making improving the o-line less of a need (but still a need)

Rat_bastich
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
and, Brewer.

EJ Blue
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
we'll see. I think O-line was the first and foremost priority and when the season starts, the Giants will have to sleep in the bed they made, but that's just my opinion. They should have gone OT + Randle.

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
the thing is, only a couple of OL were capable of coming in day 1 and starting. JR can get talent at OL 3rd, 4th, and on...

Randle and Wilson just made our offense unstoppable. and bennett at tE?? LOVING LIFE!

slipknottin
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I think they didnt have OL rated great where they picked, guys they took were better.

Really did not like Glenn at all.

BigBlueFanNJ
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
plus Bennett should help

NYSPORTS
04-27-2012, 10:41 PM
All this talent means nothing if the QB goes down. Get some OL please.

EJ Blue
04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
All this talent means nothing if the QB goes down. Get some OL please.It also means Wilson will hit a brick wall when no hole is there, and Randle will stray down the field because Eli can't hit him due to heavy pressure. It's a domino effect, and I guess most people can't see the scope of this issue.

NYDestroyer
04-27-2012, 10:50 PM
The Giants are replacing players. CB might be next lol, but I think OT.[:)]

yatitle
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
All this talent means nothing if the QB goes down. Get some OL please.It also means Wilson will hit a brick wall when no hole is there, and Randle will stray down the field because Eli can't hit him due to heavy pressure. It's a domino effect, and I guess most people can't see the scope of this issue.

It was a problem that plagued them all year last year. A year BTW in which the WON THE F ING SUPER BOWL!

Diamondring
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
All this talent means nothing if the QB goes down. Get some OL please.Use your head some. Giants got a big wr so that should help Eli a lot by giving Eli a big target where he can throw the ball quick enough on some plays and the wr catch quick passes sheilding the ball from a defender. Just as good as getting a O-linemen.

Drez
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
This doesn't have any bearing personally on the guys that were chosen or their ability at their position, but I guess the Giants are okay with Eli getting assaulted another year?
</P>

Maybe, just maybe, the front office and coaching staff know more than we do about the quality of the linemen on our roster.</P>

I'm sure we'll pick up an OL or two by the time tomorrow ends, but maybe they have a better feel for where Beatty and Brewer, et al. are than we do.</P>

sharick88
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Beatty is coming back, Brewer was drafted to be a future starter, and Petrus is still in the building. Reese gets paid to make the big decisions while people on here get paid nothing to ***** about our draft picks. I think I will trust JR

NYSPORTS
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM

It was a problem that plagued them all year last year.* A year BTW in which the WON THE F ING SUPER BOWL!

You're type of fan is typical. The first one to call for Reese's head if Manning gets "F ING" hurt too.

Drez
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
</P>

Overreact much?</P>

I think the Giants have a better idea of the scope of the issue than you do.</P>

Drez
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Beatty is coming back, Brewer was drafted to be a future starter, and Petrus is still in the building. Reese gets paid to make the big decisions while people on here get paid nothing to ***** about our draft picks. I think I will trust JR</P>

I think we are tilting at windmills using logic with these guys.</P>

EJ Blue
04-27-2012, 11:00 PM

It was a problem that plagued them all year last year. A year BTW in which the WON THE F ING SUPER BOWL!
They won the Super bowl DESPITE having a mediocre o-line. I think they should be less passive about addressing the issue but that's just me, I'm no scout or talent evaluator.

EJ Blue
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
</p>

Overreact much?</p>

I think the Giants have a better idea of the scope of the issue than you do.</p>I'm pretty sure I have two eyes and saw the negative stuff that was rooted from poor O-line play, and I'm making my judgements based on that. It's not an overreaction, it's an accurate assessment. Go back and look at the tape yourself and tell me I'm lying.

NYSPORTS
04-27-2012, 11:07 PM
OMG - nobody said they should have gone OL. All that's being said is the OL has to be addressed. If you can't see the OL has issues, you simply don't understand the game or current state of the roster. The team couldn't run the football and Manning was knocked down almost more than any QB in the entire league.

They better add a few bodies on the OL.

Drez
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
</P>

Overreact much?</P>

I think the Giants have a better idea of the scope of the issue than you do.</P>

I'm pretty sure I have two eyes and saw the negative stuff that was rooted from poor O-line play, and I'm making my judgements based on that. It's not an overreaction, it's an accurate assessment. Go back and look at the tape yourself and tell me I'm lying.
</P>

KMac is gone now, and he was aruably our worst lineman last season.
Baas was hurt a lot of last year. He should be healthy and has a year in our system under his belt.
Beatty is coming back from his injury.
Boothe played well at mutiple spots.
Diehl is Diehl, lol.
Snee had an atypically down year. I doubt he has another one.
Then there's Brewer, Locklear, and Petrus. Just because you may not know much about them doesn't mean the FO and coaching staff doesn't know what we hve in them.</P>

NYDestroyer
04-28-2012, 10:32 AM
The Giants are replacing players. CB might be next lol, but I think OT.[:)]

Looks like I was right, but giants need a good OT. David Diehl and Kareem McKenzie stink up the joint in the Superbowl and they stank all year. It was like a fart contest that came out to be a draw.[:$]

Gimaniac
04-28-2012, 11:37 AM
and, Brewer.

The forgotten man.

BrandonJacobs
04-28-2012, 02:20 PM
We were ranked 7 for LEAST sacks allowed last year.

If you want to say we need O-line help because our running game sucked I wouldn't disagree, but at least make sense out of your arguments when you question our front office

Diamondring
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
The O-line can only block up to five defenders so when more defenders come in, most of the time the play in itself needs to help along with the receivers and the timing when the ball is released. I also think that with some double teaming, the O-line did well in the playoffs and the Superbowl. I have no worries about the O-line what so ever anymore.

EJ Blue
04-30-2012, 12:16 PM
We were ranked 7 for LEAST sacks allowed last year.

If you want to say we need O-line help because our running game sucked I wouldn't disagree, but at least make sense out of your arguments when you question our front officeWhat was our rank in QB pressures and hits after release? It's was plentiful, and your stats don't tell the whole story so don't make it sound like the O-line was impregnable by giving me some numbers that look pretty on paper when Eli was getting abused early and often.

That being said, this thread is a couple days old, and I think the Giants ended up doing a decent job in the draft. We'll see how the line holds up.

B&RWarrior
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
I think they didnt have OL rated great where they picked, guys they took were better. Really did not like Glenn at all.</P>

We really got the BPA according to our board. Glenn was a project.Heres my issue thought. If you subscribe to the BPA drafting philosophy eventually you will have to address needs via free agency. Its possible that the best player available may not be an OLfor the next 3 drafts. Are we going to ignore the NEED in the name of sticking to our guns. This seems ridiculous to me. </P>

We'll be picking up an OL next season in free agency and in the draft regardless. Neither one of the OL we drafted will make a significant contribution this year.</P>

No holes no running- plain and simple.</P>

ANON837
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
The question that needs to be asked is are any of the draft picks going to beat out the current starters/backups? If not, then you have to move on and draft the BPA. I am guessing the FO is satisfied with the returning group and the new batch of skill players.

TrueBlue@NYC
04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
I think they didnt have OL rated great where they picked, guys they took were better. Really did not like Glenn at all.</P>

We really got the BPA according to our board. Glenn was a project.Heres my issue thought. If you subscribe to the BPA drafting philosophy eventually you will have to address needs via free agency. Its possible that the best player available may not be an OLfor the next 3 drafts. Are we going to ignore the NEED in the name of sticking to our guns. This seems ridiculous to me. </P>

We'll be picking up an OL next season in free agency and in the draft regardless. Neither one of the OL we drafted will make a significant contribution this year.</P>

No holes no running- plain and simple.</P>

</P>

The Giants don't draft BPA without taking need into consideration, they make a list of their needs and draft BPA that fill one of those needs, regardless of position or how much of a need the position is. </P>

Fans tend to look at the teams' needs and do their draft in the order of the teams' biggest need down to the lesser ones. </P>

If you need OT is the teams biggest need, you put them as getting that in the 1st round. If Safety is the teams third biggest need, you have them take a safety in the third round. So on and so forth. </P>

For the Giants, if RB is a need, even if it's not the biggest one, and a RB is the highest rated player on the teams' board when they pick, they're going to take that RB. </P>

I think the biggest rule that JR has when drafting is not to reach for a player, simply to fill a need. </P>

JJC7301
04-30-2012, 11:01 PM
We'll see how it goes. I think that we'll be okay and maybe not only get better, but younger as well.

Or, this could be the year the floor fell out from the o-line.

JMFP2
05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
the thing is, only a couple of OL were capable of coming in day 1 and starting. JR can get talent at OL 3rd, 4th, and on... Randle and Wilson just made our offense unstoppable. and bennett at tE?? LOVING LIFE!</P>

That's my opinion as well....no need to reach in the 1st round for an OT that is really 3rd/4th round caliber. The dudes they took (Wilson, Randle) are guys that will come in and contribute right off the bat.</P>

If there was a true stud OT available that late, it's one thing.</P>

Frankly, I think Diehl handled LT well. They added a few guys in the draft, plus Sean Locklear in free agency, and should have some guys back (Beatty, Brewer).</P>

There will be some depth, and some competition.</P>

Also, I think Baas was screwed up....if he's 100%, it could really help out.</P>

NJGIANTinNC
05-01-2012, 12:55 AM
We'll see how it goes. I think that we'll be okay and maybe not only get better, but younger as well.

Or, this could be the year the floor fell out from the o-line.

Or Eli will throw for 9,000 yards and not even worry about the line.
Bombs away- got plenty of recievers now.