PDA

View Full Version : Randle a lousy pick.

Shockeystays08
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Very little production vs better SEC teams . Did absolutely nothing in both games vs. Alabama. A very unimpressive 5 total catches for a whopping 33 yards and no scores. I think Reese screwed this one up big time. I would love to be wrong. I see him maybe being our # 4 receiver behind Nicks , Cruz and Jernigan. Cruz will now stay outside with Jernigan in the slot. Randle insurance if we lose Hicks or Cruz in FA?

gmen0820
04-27-2012, 10:32 PM
This is such a good pick, do your homework on this.

Pageiommi
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Who was his QB in college?

DVision
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
You realize he can't throw to himself? It's illegal.

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Very little production vs better SEC teams . Did absolutely nothing in both games vs. Alabama. A very unimpressive 5 total catches for a whopping 33 yards and no scores. I think Reese screwed this one up big time. I would love to be wrong. I see him maybe being our # 4 receiver behind Nicks , Cruz and Jernigan. Cruz will now stay outside with Jernigan in the slot. Randle insurance if we lose Hicks or Cruz in FA?Dude did u watch Jordan Jefferson this year he is horrible. Randle comes from a running team.They arent an AIR Raid Offense that throws the ball 700 times a year. They were 112 out of 120 in Pass attempts. The kid was the top Rated Receiver in the country out of HS he will beast with Eli. He is smooth as hell for his size

Redeyejedi
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Very little production vs better SEC teams . Did absolutely nothing in both games vs. Alabama. A very unimpressive 5 total catches for a whopping 33 yards and no scores. I think Reese screwed this one up big time. I would love to be wrong. I see him maybe being our # 4 receiver behind Nicks , Cruz and Jernigan. Cruz will now stay outside with Jernigan in the slot. Randle insurance if we lose Hicks or Cruz in FA?Dude did u watch Jordan Jefferson this year he is horrible. Randle comes from a running team.They arent an AIR Raid Offense that throws the ball 700 times a year. They were 112 out of 120 in Pass attempts. The kid was the top Rated Receiver in the country out of HS he will beast with Eli. He is smooth as hell for his size

NYG4lifeNYK
04-27-2012, 10:35 PM
You clowns crack me up doubting Reese.................. you better damn well eat your crow in the future

B-Red22
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Very little production vs better SEC teams . Did absolutely nothing in both games vs. Alabama. A very unimpressive 5 total catches for a whopping 33 yards and no scores. I think Reese screwed this one up big time. I would love to be wrong. I see him maybe being our # 4 receiver behind Nicks , Cruz and Jernigan. Cruz will now stay outside with Jernigan in the slot. Randle insurance if we lose Hicks or Cruz in FA?

please stop talking and do your research, he had no QB throwing to him

NY_Eli
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
As much as I respect the opinion of a poster named 'Shockeystays08' I'm gonna have to defer to JR on this one

flimflam
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Negative Ghostrider. Outstanding pick. As my fellow boards brethren have astutely stated already - he had no QB. This guy has raw physical talent, and with refinement will be in beast mode.

He is our guy to go outside the numbers and fly downrange.

Randle and Martin just made our offense a whole lot more explosive. I'd even say we are as explosive as the Eagles now with these additions to our already talented group.

myles2424
04-27-2012, 10:46 PM
You have no clue what your talking about, just show up to watch the games on Sunday & stay out of the draft.....clown....

pheonix73
04-27-2012, 10:50 PM

Did you watch that game.. that was a whole team let down. not just him. plus he has better upside then jernigan.

sharick88
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Thank goodness you're not in the front office because you are obviously struggling at being an armchair gm

Neverend
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
praised for being smooth. he runs with good agility. can make contested catches

think he'll be an above average WR in the nfl. lack of elite speed (according to some reports he ran a 4.3, anyone who knwos anything about football can clearly see he doesnt have that speed on the field) and not so great quickness/burst hurts him

but he has great savvy. so he'll be moderately productive in the nfl. dont see those big plays he made where he flew by people effortlessly with double moves coming so easy against legitimiate NFL corners

Shockeystays08
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna stick to my opinion and respect all of yours, well almost all of you. I see Randle often. My tile - floor guy is best friends with LSU OL Williford who is a local boy. I hear about the ups and downs of Randle first hand.. I am not saying he is an untalented waste of a uniform. However, he has shined vs. the weaker competition and done almost nothing in the games vs the better db's in the SEC, he now moves on to the NFL. I have done my homework and I realized the QB at LSU is average at best. He still couldn't shake Kirkpatrick or Menzie. I live in the heart of SEC country ( which is hard for a Michigan Man from New Rochelle ). He is talented, he is ok fast, he is athletic Good hands. From what I have seen of him I see no upgrade. He may one day equal Manningham, but I doubt it. I would love to be wrong and may be. I would of prefered someone like Allen or Johnson.

BigBlueFanNJ
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
praised for being smooth. he runs with good agility. can make contested catches

think he'll be an above average WR in the nfl. lack of elite speed (according to some reports he ran a 4.3, anyone who knwos anything about football can clearly see he doesnt have that speed on the field) and not so great quickness/burst hurts him

but he has great savvy. so he'll be moderately productive in the nfl. dont see those big plays he made where he flew by people effortlessly with double moves coming so easy against legitimiate NFL corners

he's not gonna be matched up against the top corners with cruz and nicks around, now teams also have to respect wilson and bennett as receivers he's gonna have a great opportunity to make big time plays!!

Shockeystays08
04-27-2012, 10:59 PM
You have no clue what your talking about, just show up to watch the games on Sunday & stay out of the draft.....clown....

ooh a funny he man. I am extremely confident in all my posts but beat your chest silly boy!

LT_was_good
04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Just watched the tape from redeye's thread. I know it's of 5 of his best games, but he actually reminds me of Nicks. Hard to bring down, gets separation deep, creates space in the middle, catches it in traffic ...

RoanokeFan
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM

According to the talking heads, LSU wasn't a strong passing team. If true, he did pretty well. I believe this is a case of draft the player and develop the talent.

Shockeystays08
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM

According to the talking heads, LSU wasn't a strong passing team.* If true, he did pretty well.* I believe this is a case of draft the player and develop the talent.

Well I am not gonna say he can't develope. But I think we could of developed a WR with a 4b or 6th pick. Anyway I appreciate your opinion without the sucker punch. But then again you have alwys shown class..

NY4U2
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
People are judging Randle b4 he plays single doen in the NFL. I trust Marc and Jerry. Remember when Victor Cruz went un drafted, and all the "know it alls" were screaming "why didn't we take this guy" (red font)...now he's the best thing since sliced bread. Give Randle a chance. Besides we can now talk about how Barden's days are numbered.

RoanokeFan
04-27-2012, 11:09 PM

According to the talking heads, LSU wasn't a strong passing team. If true, he did pretty well. I believe this is a case of draft the player and develop the talent.

Well I am not gonna say he can't develope. But I think we could of developed a WR with a 4b or 6th pick. Anyway I appreciate your opinion without the sucker punch. But then again you have alwys shown class..

See, now we're in silly time. How can you seriously say a player you know nothing about can't be developed? EVERY player can be developed. Eli has gotten progressively better, Tiki learned how to not fumble, etc.

You shoouldn't say things that weaken your position.

mikeq672
04-27-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm gonna stick to my opinion and respect all of yours, well almost all of you. I see Randle often. My tile - floor guy is best friends with LSU OL Williford who is a local boy. I hear about the ups and downs of Randle first hand.. I am not saying he is an untalented waste of a uniform. However, he has shined vs. the weaker competition and done almost nothing in the games vs the better db's in the SEC, he now moves on to the NFL. I have done my homework and I realized the QB at LSU is average at best. He still couldn't shake Kirkpatrick or Menzie. I live in the heart of SEC country ( which is hard for a Michigan Man from New Rochelle ). He is talented, he is ok fast, he is athletic Good hands. From what I have seen of him I see no upgrade. He may one day equal Manningham, but I doubt it. I would love to be wrong and may be. I would of prefered someone like Allen or Johnson.

Obviously your "tile floor guy" is more knowledgeable than Jerry Reese.

rainierjef
04-27-2012, 11:57 PM

i respect your opinon, if you did the research and you feel this was not a good value then thats your assessment im not going to jump down your throat like some other lames on here . At 63 though this was the defintion of value, bpa, need like redeye said he really didnt have a qb throwing him open he fought for all his catches and has deceptive speed. This kid was toutted as a first round talent and we stole him in the second great picke, absolutely thrilled by this. I think whats good about him is hes smart and cause utilize mutliple routes got another option reciever in this guy, he uses the suttle movements of his body to throw defenders of and he can play all receiver positions. Youll come around bro but i understand if its not a omfg pick for you right now

Talorin2
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM
I love how all our picks are sure things to be beasts. Come on guys, no need to internet rage on someone for being lousy at researching what it is they are forming an opinion on. This is the draft, there are bound to be guys that look like they should fit right in or have all the intangibles, but end up a bust. Chill.

I like this pick by the way, just think everyone should lighten up around here.

Shockeystays08
04-28-2012, 12:14 AM

According to the talking heads, LSU wasn't a strong passing team.* If true, he did
pretty well.* I believe this is a case of draft the player and
develop the talent.

Well I am not gonna say he can't develope. But I think we could of developed a WR with a 4b or 6th pick. Anyway I appreciate
your opinion without the sucker punch. But then again you have
alwys shown class..

See, now we're in silly time.
* How can you seriously say a player you know nothing about
can't be developed?* EVERY player can be developed.* Eli has
gotten progressively better, Tiki learned how to not fumble, etc.

You shoouldn't say things that weaken your position.

Sorry you mis read what I wrote. It says I'm not gonna say he can't develop. He may very well do that. He could be the Bomb or a Bomb. For me to say he won't or can't develop would weaken my position to say the least. Sorry I was not clear on that.

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 12:19 AM
You clowns crack me up doubting Reese.................. you better damn well eat your crow in the future

+ 1. You heard it here first.

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Jesus, Mary and Joseph bro, he is a top 32 draft prospect in a lot of draft analysis previews, outstanding length, smooth accelerator, tracks and adjust excellent to the ball, fine body control, one of the top athlete prospects of the nation coming out of HS, strong work ethic, he is 6' 4" 210, 4.5 40 speed, he is 20 years old, great kid off the field. Oh yea, he is a lousy pick bro.

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Oh, and he will play the X WR in the NFL.

Neverend
04-28-2012, 01:12 AM

Yes... except we kind of have someone named hakeem nicks on the team lol

tikiandphil
04-28-2012, 01:14 AM
As much as I respect the opinion of a poster named 'Shockeystays08' I'm gonna have to defer to JR on this one

Snap...

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 01:50 AM

He has played beautifully the X but he is not the prototypical X .

http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hakeen%20nicks%20plays%20the%20prototypical&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CEEQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nj.com%2Fgiants%2Findex.ssf%2 F2011%2F11%2Fgiants_wr_hakeem_nicks.html&ei=rHSbT7qwBoX42gWw5ODlDg&usg=AFQjCNF6zPIBKbtia-YsIipHJWm28t2vRw

Randle will give us that dimension bro , Cruz as the Y and Nicks as the Z WR, scary man ! Scaaaaaaary man !

Neverend
04-28-2012, 02:05 AM

http://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hakeen%20nicks%20plays%20the%20prototypical&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CEEQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nj.com%2Fgiants%2Findex.ssf%2 F2011%2F11%2Fgiants_wr_hakeem_nicks.html&ei=rHSbT7qwBoX42gWw5ODlDg&usg=AFQjCNF6zPIBKbtia-YsIipHJWm28t2vRw

Randle will give us that dimension bro , Cruz as the Y and Nicks as the Z WR, scary man ! Scaaaaaaary man !

Well Nicks, again, shows the catching radius of a wideout much bigger than he is. Randle's leaping skills isnt in Nicks' class despite being bigger, (but of course nicks and randle being different is ridiculous to some). Nicks is definitely the prototypical X in terms of playing style imo

gmen0820
04-28-2012, 02:10 AM

Well Nicks, again, shows the catching radius of a wideout much bigger than he is. Randle's leaping skills isnt in Nicks' class despite being bigger, (but of course nicks and randle being different is ridiculous to some). Nicks is definitely the prototypical X in terms of playing style imoThere is no way that Randle can play the X more effectively than Nicks. This isn't worth discussing.

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 03:08 AM

Well Nicks, again, shows the catching radius of a wideout much bigger than he is. Randle's leaping skills isnt in Nicks' class despite being bigger, (but of course nicks and randle being different is ridiculous to some). Nicks is definitely the prototypical X in terms of playing style imoThere is no way that Randle can play the X more effectively than Nicks. This isn't worth discussing.

Well that's exactly what the Giants are thinking about right now, they have a freak athlete in Nicks that can play the X but they got themselves a true X in Randle. Think about all the packages the Giants will run this next year Nicks, Cruz, Randle, JJ, Barden, Hixon not to mention the X factor David Wilson will bring to the whole passing equation. Mind boggling bro.

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Well that's exactly what the Giants are thinking about right now, they have a freak athlete in Nicks that can play the X but they got themselves a true X in Randle.

Must be past bed time for some of you.

Nicks is one of the best X receivers in the league. What does a 'true X' even mean?

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Well that's exactly what the Giants are thinking about right now, they have a freak athlete in Nicks that can play the X but they got themselves a true X in Randle.

Must be past bed time for some of you.

Nicks is one of the best X receivers in the league. What does a 'true X' even mean?
Not saying he is not one of the best X receivers Slip , heck he played it all year long last year, only that he is not the prototypical X WR in term of size or in today's NFL. This is not me saying it if you read the article, , analysts and players , even Cruz. Nicks is a freak athlete and this will only give the Giants more variants or options to attack defenses.

Past my bed time ? You are funny !

slipknottin
04-28-2012, 03:42 AM
I just absolutely hate the notion that somehow because Randle is 1.5" taller than Nicks that somehow Randle is a 'true' X receiver, and Nicks isnt.

Nicks is a top 4 X receiver in the league, he is as true an X receiver as anyone else is.

rainierjef
04-28-2012, 03:50 AM
randle can play X/Y/Z the reason why they like him is cause he has the route tree down pack being an X for lsu now add that knowledge, size combination and put him as the flanker and its hard to cover, he doesn't need manningham speed as long as he knows how to get himself open. stupid argument honestly Nicks is a top 5 X receiver no one is beating him out of that position in camp. period!

G-Men Surg.
04-28-2012, 04:01 AM
I just absolutely hate the notion that somehow because Randle is 1.5" taller than Nicks that somehow Randle is a 'true' X receiver, and Nicks isnt.

Nicks is a top 4 X receiver in the league, he is as true an X receiver as anyone else is.
Notions ? Stereotypes? Call it like you want but it still a reality. Just answer me this question please, is it more feasible that Nicks plays the Z than Randle? or do you think Randle can jump right into the Z position or the Y for that matter. One thing that I love about the Giants WRs this past years is how Gilbride has moved them all around the line and I truly want to think that Randle will have the disposition and will to prove he is worth, X, Y or Z it will not matter but to think of Randle other than a true X WR by definition its just wrong.