PDA

View Full Version : This is just unfair. JR IS A BEAST!

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 11:11 PM
some of us were wondering if taking Wilson in the 1rst was a smart move...turns out, IT WAS GENIUS. Wilson would NOT have fallen to us at 61, Randle, some how did!

Its unfair how great JR is at drafts...our offense LITERALLY just became unstoppable...I am so stoked...

i cant wait to see the gem he picks in the 3rd! imagine Massie falls there too!

giantsfan420
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
If Massie falls to us in the 3rd, Roger Goodell said he is disqualifying the rest of our picks bc we'll be too talented and the NFL need parity...

Diamondring
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Made me into fool and I love it.

gian_18778
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Write this down: JR = Just Relax.

Trust me, it works!

ny06
04-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Made me a believer in 07, haven't doubted him since.

EN-WHY14
04-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Got my mood swings with JR, but so far my mood is great...

miked1958
04-27-2012, 11:28 PM
He knows how to get the job done. That is for sure

BigBlue1971
04-27-2012, 11:52 PM
JRs filled both holes vacated by Jacobs and Manningham!!!!.....and maybe with better players!</P>

great job JR!</P>

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 12:26 AM
we picked last each round, and end up with the best draft.

each player has 1rst round talent and should contribute day 1.

and he makes it look easy like he isnt even trying.

our team, our SB winning team, just got immensely better

T2 can now play the hybrid safety, Rolle at FS, KP at SS, webby and prince on the outside. We got nice LB depth, all thats left is to extend Osi to keep him happy and we have a stacked offense, defense, AND special teams

bravo JR bravo.
and we still have the late rounds where JR is somehow even better...

NY_Eli
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM

T2 can now play the hybrid safety, Rolle at FS, KP at SS, webby and prince on the outside. We got nice LB depth, all thats left is to extend Osi to keep him happy and we have a stacked offense, defense, AND special teams

bravo JR bravo.

I love the way our defensive backfield is looking. In addition to the guys you mentioned, we have Tryon who was looking good before getting injured and Coe for depth.

miked1958
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
JRs filled both holes vacated by Jacobs and Manningham!!!!.....and maybe with better players!</P>

great job JR!</P>And they just replaced Ross to lol. In three rounds they replace all three guys!

giantsfan420

bravo JR bravo.

I love the way our defensive backfield is looking. In addition to the guys you mentioned, we have Tryon who was looking good before getting injured and Coe for depth.

excellent point

miked1958

great job JR!</P>And at a much cheaper price tag then the others

AGiantDynasty
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Unstoppable because we picked up a few rookies?

JJC7301
04-28-2012, 01:03 AM
If Massie falls to us in the 3rd, Roger Goodell said he is disqualifying the rest of our picks bc we'll be too talented and the NFL need parity...
Well, Massie was there and I was disappointed that we didn't take him.

But I trust JR, TC, Ross, and the rest of that crew.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Unstoppable because we picked up a few rookies?*

eh, maybe i went over the top. its draft night, its allowed.

and further, we were unstoppable in the playoff run last yr, and i think as a team, we've improved considerably...

i think our offense is going to be unstoppable, yes.

Harooni
04-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Congrats on getting the WR you wanted. i do feel we have other needs but Reese is good at what he does.

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Congrats on getting the WR you wanted. i do feel we have other needs but Reese is good at what he does.

what you think we should focus on tomorrow?

OL? JR could prob find a great G/C but I like Boothes play last season. Brewer hopefully can start at RT...

maybe a safety?

Harooni
04-28-2012, 02:14 AM

OL? JR could prob find a great G/C but I like Boothes play last season. Brewer hopefully can start at RT...

maybe a safety?

yes OL, but i feel you really have to go OL early (first few rounds) if you want a sure starter. maybe they scouted a Boss type TE in round 5-6 , that would be great . LB for depth of course

GMenNY21
04-28-2012, 02:18 AM
we picked last each round, and end up with the best draft. each player has 1rst round talent and should contribute day 1. and he makes it look easy like he isnt even trying. our team, our SB winning team, just got immensely better T2 can now play the hybrid safety, Rolle at FS, KP at SS, webby and prince on the outside. We got nice LB depth, all thats left is to extend Osi to keep him happy and we have a stacked offense, defense, AND special teams bravo JR bravo. and we still have the late rounds where JR is somehow even better... I love the way our defensive backfield is looking. In addition to the guys you mentioned, we have Tryon who was looking good before getting injured and Coe for depth. excellent pointDon't forget Bruce Johnson also, he looked solid before his injury!

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 02:24 AM

maybe a safety?

yes OL, but i feel you really have to go OL early (first few rounds) if you want a sure starter. maybe they scouted a Boss type TE in round 5-6 , that would be great . LB for depth of course

i agree with the OL comment when its OT ur targeting...I believe we've had C/G chosen later in the draft but I cant rmember exactly. I think Ohara/seubert were taken 4th round or later, Snee was a 2nd or 3rd I believe...I am confident we can find a nice player at OL...
but I also think we have our starting OL on the roster already.
Beatty Boothe or Petrus at G if Petrus can master the nuances of pass protection, Baas C Snee RG DD/Brewer RT

i think it was lack of continuity that hurt our OL more than anything last season...

Reese has been EXCELLENT in the 1rst round, but I think some of his best drafting comes late in the draft where he'll find a diamond in the rough

Eli TO Shockey
04-28-2012, 02:25 AM
I dont see the need for d-line like some of you.

WR - Deep
TE - Could use depth behind bennett
QB- enough said.
RB - love our backfield. Wilson is an absolute beast.
Oline- biggest ????? I have a feeling we have big plans for brewer.
Dline - SICK. We have another 2nd round pick in Marv Austin who will be in the fold.
LB - Good/ above average. Lets not forget abotu our stud rookies from last year. with Rivers for depth.
CB- DEEP/SICK! What a difference from last year.
Safety - very good. Rolle will actually be able to play safety full time. this should be interesting.

Only real ? is oline. I dont remember our team being this deep all around.

For those of you draft pros, who are the best olineman available, since we pick twice in the 4th

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 02:26 AM
we picked last each round, and end up with the best draft. each player has 1rst round talent and should contribute day 1. and he makes it look easy like he isnt even trying. our team, our SB winning team, just got immensely better T2 can now play the hybrid safety, Rolle at FS, KP at SS, webby and prince on the outside. We got nice LB depth, all thats left is to extend Osi to keep him happy and we have a stacked offense, defense, AND special teams bravo JR bravo. and we still have the late rounds where JR is somehow even better... I love the way our defensive backfield is looking. In addition to the guys you mentioned, we have Tryon who was looking good before getting injured and Coe for depth. excellent pointDon't forget Bruce Johnson also, he looked solid before his injury!

yeah ur right. i remember that dallas game where he had that pick 6 i believe he was a UDFA rookie that year too.

We got excellent depth imo, Tryon, Coe, Johnson, Molden..he can contribute ur right shouldnt have forgotten bout him

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 02:28 AM
I dont see the need for d-line like some of you.

WR - Deep
TE - Could use depth behind bennett
QB- enough said.
RB - love our backfield. Wilson is an absolute beast.
Oline- biggest ?????* I have a feeling we have big plans for brewer.
Dline - SICK. We have another 2nd round pick in Marv Austin who will be in the fold.
LB - Good/ above average. Lets not forget abotu our stud rookies from last year. with Rivers for depth.
CB- DEEP/SICK!* What a difference from last year.
Safety - very good. Rolle will actually be able to play safety full time. this should be interesting.

Only real ? is oline. I dont remember our team being this deep all around.

For those of you draft pros, who are the best olineman available, since we pick twice in the 4th

i agree 100%

but i think our OL will improve simply bc they'll have the offseason to work with each other and develop continuity. I think thats what hurt them most last season. I hope Brewer can start at RT too that'd be huge...

our roster is STACKED, not only do we have EXCELLENT starting talent, but we have depth that'd start for most teams.

I think we need to re-sign/extend osi tho...but our DL is NASTY

gmen0820
04-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Beau Reliford is a guy to watch for at TE. I really like this kid a lot, I think he can be special with some coaching.

Eli TO Shockey
04-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Im on the fence with OSI. the Kiwi extension gives us some serious leverage. All in all, I hope osi gives it 110% this season and leaves this team on good terms.

Also, I really hope to see petrus in our starting lineup, along with boothe. Not a big fan of Diehl...Hoping he gets replaced with Brewer as the season progresses. Although with our schedule, we wont really have the opportunity to experiment. Maybe one more yr for diehl, with brewer taking over in 2013.

btw, since deihl is replacing mckenzie, who is our LT? boothe?

gmen0820
04-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Im on the fence with OSI. the Kiwi extension gives us some serious leverage. All in all,* I hope osi gives it 110% this season and leaves this team on good terms.

Also, I really hope to see petrus in our starting lineup, along with boothe. Not a big fan of Diehl...Hoping he gets replaced with Brewer as the season progresses. Although with our schedule, we wont really have the opportunity to experiment. Maybe one more yr for diehl, with brewer taking over in 2013.

Beatty.

Eli TO Shockey
04-28-2012, 02:36 AM
Im on the fence with OSI. the Kiwi extension gives us some serious leverage. All in all, I hope osi gives it 110% this season and leaves this team on good terms.

Beatty.

wow it must be late. Completely forgot about that man. lol

nevada11
04-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Unstoppable because we picked up a few rookies?*

Sssh..... lol

We had a great draft, but you are going way overboard here. We get it, you love the draft but you need to work on not getting so excited. u do realize giantsfan420 these kids are rookies right that have room for improvement?

Good God, I feel like we just got strahan and barber out of retirement in their prime when I read the OP

giantsfan420
04-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Im on the fence with OSI. the Kiwi extension gives us some serious leverage. All in all,* I hope osi gives it 110% this season and leaves this team on good terms.

well we saved 3 mil extending kiwi, so maybe we could use that on an extension for osi. he's been pivotal in both our SB runs. Kwi does give us some leverage tho. I hope Osi can retire a Giants but JR knows what he's doing so whatever he does will be the right choiuce.

I too would like to see Petrus more. Very strong run blocking, he just needs to get the pass protection element down. DD struggled last season w/o a doubt, but u gotta love the heart and pride he has...he's been a model giant

egyptian420
04-28-2012, 03:02 AM
This Hosley guy is really raising eyebrows....I have a feeling he's our sleeper pick

Danny1024
04-28-2012, 03:35 AM
It's not just JR. Marc Ross and the entire scouting department deserve an A+. And Coughlin is another very good talent evaluator.

The Giants are lucky to be a top notch organization. I really appreciate the way they run things. Especially when you compare them to the 3 ring circus Jets [:P]

miked1958
04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
some of us were wondering if taking Wilson in the 1rst was a smart move...turns out, IT WAS GENIUS. Wilson would NOT have fallen to us at 61, Randle, some how did!

Its unfair how great JR is at drafts...our offense LITERALLY just became unstoppable...I am so stoked...

i cant wait to see the gem he picks in the 3rd! imagine Massie falls there too!Agreed